Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Ok ... Ramieres out as well .... maybe Mikel gets forced into action .... or maybe even Mellis. Is our Conor in CL Squad? If he is ... expect to see him on the bench with a few more babies and some crayons. Just write this one off!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Id agree with you alright, give the youngsters a run out. Maybe give Bos 45. The main thing is not picking up any injuries, although I believe the plastic pitch is used as an excuse by a lot of managers, I'm not so sure it warrants the reputation it has. A good performance and no injuries and I'd be happy.

Boswingwa's not even travelled as I understand it Gonzo - no point in risking anymore injuries. With a fully fit sqaud - a perfect surface might even suit our game - but its bare bones time. 1pt would be brilliant for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ramires hasn't travelled either.
    Link.
    Hope the youth get cut loose and no fresh injuries arise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He travelled but his ankle is sore after that Dunne challenge.

Good to see Kalou back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Carlo still reckons we'll field a strong team. Wouldn't mind seeing McEachran get 60 minutes, Mikel will probably start he's young and can take the game time.

I'd expect to see this tomorrow:

Cech
    Ferreria-Ivan-JT-A.Cole
    Mikel
    ----Essien--Zhirkov--
    Kalou
    Malouda
    Lé Sulk

I'd be fairly confident of a decent result with that LU, Ancelotti has delayed announcing the team because he wants to see how the team trains on the turf first. Hopefully Nico can stay up front tomorrow night, you're not on the wing FFS!

So after reading this, I have formulated a plan.
    We get him, loan him out to Blackpool for the next two years or so, by then Drogba and Anelka will be slowing down, then bring him back when hes on form and let me loose..
    Thoughts anyone?!
    In all seriousness, I don't think he will ever don on the Blues jersey. (not our blues anyways, the City blues could happen)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

papagormo wrote: »
    So after reading this, I have formulated a plan.
    We get him, loan him out to Blackpool for the next two years or so, by then Drogba and Anelka will be slowing down, then bring him back when hes on form and let me loose..
    Thoughts anyone?!
    In all seriousness, I don't think he will ever don on the Blues jersey. (not our blues anyways, the City blues could happen)

Rooney at Chelsea? Not sure to be fair, if he does leave United, i highly doubt they will want to sell to either of their 2 biggest rivals in ourselves and City.

I think SAF and Utd have learned the hard way with the Tevez situation that selling, or losing a player to such a rival is a baaaaaaad thing.

I dont expect Rooney to leave at all, hes to important for them, way to important. If you take Rooney out of that team they become alot more average, you can say the same for alot of teams, and it has been said about us, but we have, if we lose Drogba, Malouda, Anelka, Kalou, Lampard to get goals for us. United dont have that fire power.

Its going to be interesting to watch.

But if it comes down to it, we should throw them a cheeky 25million bid in the summer and see what happens. I alwyas though Rooney looked good in Everton Blue so he might look good in Chelsea blue :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

what time will the team be announced lads any ideas

digme wrote: »
    what time will the team be announced lads any ideas

Kick off is at 5:30 pm I think so id expect it in a few hours, might get it at lunch time if were lucky.

• Advertisement

cool :)

what site do I check? Going to be a tough game.

cool :)

what site do I check? Going to be a tough game.

www.skysports.com
    www.chelseafc.com
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/default.stm

From above ^

Cech, Turnbull, Ivanovic, Ferreira, Cole, Terry, Zhirkov, Essien, Obi, McEachran, Kakuta, Malouda, Anelka, Kalou, Bruma, Mellis, Borini, Van Aanholt.

This is the squad that travelled so pick and choose from that.

all good starts really, but as soon as the team is known its usually posted up here anyway in this thread.

Really looking forward to tonights game,will be a tough one for sure but I'll definitely be having some of the 11/10 about us. :)

Johner wrote: »
    Really looking forward to tonights game,will be a tough one for sure but I'll definitely be having some of the 11/10 about us. :)

Cheers, I was going to check on my 12 o clock break. I think ill be having a bit of that too.

I was going wait for the team but meh. :pac:

Thanks for that :)
    Draw no bet would be a better option, it's only a suggestion though ,but they were priced 1.70 against villa .

Jaysus I'd love it if we signed Rooney, won't happen though I wouldn't say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I really like Rooney as a player but I can't see him recapturing last years form again.. I don't think he'll be playing for too long more, similiar to fat Ronaldo, have an explosive early career but eventually injuries and weight problems take there toll.

Also, I can't see him moving abroad. If he stays in England it is between us and City and I'd say they would prefer to sell to us.

Setanta Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Please god let rooney go to city, never want to see him in a chelsea blue shirt, i am physically sick with the thought. There are only a few players in the world that I would not want at chelsea and rooney is one.

• Advertisement

traitors :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

who is?

My two cents, if its between us and City, they will out bid us and United will sell coz they will need the money for the debt they owe, thats if City out bid us by a good few million.

I reckon a cheeky bid of 20-25 million and we might tempt United, id expect City to throw in a 40 million bid to try and make sure he doesnt end up with us, R.Mardid, AC Milan, Inter, if he decides he wants to leave the country.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    I really like Rooney as a player but I can't see him recapturing last years form again.. I don't think he'll be playing for too long more, similiar to fat Ronaldo, have an explosive early career but eventually injuries and weight problems take there toll.

Also, I can't see him moving abroad. If he stays in England it is between us and City and I'd say they would prefer to sell to us.

This, we are the lesser of the 2 evils in this situation. I dont think he will ever come close to Ronnie though, but in saying that Rooney is a good player and I reckon he would fit inot our system no problem, he wont bang in the goals he got last year, I dont think hes an out and out goal scorer but ya never know whats going to happen in the near future. I still think he will stay at United.

traitors :mad:

:confused::eek:

Does anyone know the team for this afternoon/evening.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Does anyone know the team for this afternoon/evening.

Not gonna be announced until right before the game because Carlo is unsure if he wants to risk Cole or Essien on the plastic turf.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Not gonna be announced until right before the game because Carlo is unsure if he wants to risk Cole or Essien on the plastic turf.

Id risk them, 3 points here and we are almost qualified.

Also, this plastic pitch business is a load of b0ll0x. The type of surface on that pitch is very like grass, they are very spongey and natural feeling, dont know why managers think they are going to play on a pitch similar to QPR's back in the day.

Just got a text saying the only changes to the team that faced Villa are Zhirkov for Ramires and Kalou for Kakuta?

Can anyone confirm it?

Confirmed!

Team is,

Cech
    Paulo
    Ivan
    JT
    Cole
    Mikel
    Essien
    Zhirkov
    Malouda
    Anelka
    Kalou

• Advertisement

Spot on Johner! just seen on Chelsea TV .....MUCH stronger line up than I expected! 6 teenagers on the bench. PLEASE no injuries!

Very strong team! 11/10 for us to win looks a cracking price.

Evens with PP now after teams were announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

would have stuck with Kakuta even thought he' hasn't been great the kid needs games to build his confidence. C'mon Chels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

any streams for this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

2 nil Zhirkov scores a cracker for the first. Anelka with the 2nd.

• Advertisement

Super first half performance, lovely stuff all round.

well done Nico on his 50th goal, we're playing super stuff

A bit lacklustre in second half but young josh is going to be a cracking little player.

We sat back and defended well in the second half as the job was more or less done first half :) . Good win and Mikel was superb again.

2 goals. Clean sheet. Job done. Well done boys.

• Advertisement

very pleasing ... couple of dead rubbers at the end of this group stage will suit nicely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Stolen from another thread... but worth it.

I thought JT would be on the decline this season but I was wrong he has been brilliant so far. Him and Ivanovic are a brilliant CB pairing and Alex has been superb as well. With Bosingwa back it really gives us more options, I still think Ferriera should be ne where near the first team though.

Think I heard that the highlights of tonights game are coming up on TV3 shortly for anyone thats interested.
    Can't get enough of that Yuri goal.

Edit: just seen Anelka's goal...beauty

Wow Жирков, just wow. What a strike. Great result last night. We are basically through now. Time to give maceachran, gael and bruma a chance now especially against zlina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Zilina at home is the perfect opportunity to give a lot of the players who wouldn't be getting a lot of first team action a shot; have some of the big guns sitting on the bench, so should anything go tits up, some of the cooler, more experienced heads can be sent on.

Last night was excellent by all accounts. Made even more excellent by the fact that Spartak were in no way a bad side and played well. Even our own Aiden "Aimless Cross" McGeady played well for them.

I'm just sickened tho by the fact that at half time I stuck a few quid on Chelsea to score at least once more... You can imagine my reaction to Essien's near miss!!!:o:(

Great result in a tough venue and a great display. Some top quality performances too. Looks like our passage out of the group stage is nearly a certainty.

Well done lads.

DazMarz wrote: »
    I'm just sickened tho by the fact that at half time I stuck a few quid on Chelsea to score at least once more... You can imagine my reaction to Essien's near miss!!!:o:(

Had a good chunk on us at 11/10, I know it was a tough place to go but that price was just too hard to resist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Very impressed with Maceachran last night.
    Held possession very comfortably and played his way out of trouble a few times.
    Impressive at this level for someone so young.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement