Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So lads, Liverpool away this weekend. What are we thinking? 3points or do ye reckon Liverpool will pull one out of the bag and take points off us? Recent results should indicate that Liverpool are turning the corner but turning the corner and running into us is something they wont want after a few decent results.

I think we will win 2 - 0, same as last year. Im glad J.Cole is out, I couldnt hack him having a great game against us and harming us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I think we'll nick this 0-1 even without Malouda.

Malouda fit, Essien a major doubt. Lamps still out.

smuckers wrote: »
    Malouda fit, Essien a major doubt. Lamps still out.

I hate and love Malouda in equal amounts :(

I just took him out of my Fantasy Premier League :( and I love that he is fit :D

I'm putting him back in :)

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »
    I'm putting him back in :)

Done and done, I decided to give Cesc the chop and bring Malouda back, I already have Drogba and Cole in my team so points a plenty from the Chelsea boys :D

Hope to continue it this weekend :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Poo, was really hoping to have Lamps for this game :( Essien is a major blow as well, but still Ramires and Zhirkov in CM should be fine. Also Kalou has been immense lately, would almost give him the nod ahead of Malouda.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Poo, was really hoping to have Lamps for this game :( Essien is a major blow as well, but still Ramires and Zhirkov in CM should be fine. Also Kalou has been immense lately, would almost give him the nod ahead of Malouda.

All good ponts Lukker, Id love Lamps back for this game,

If i could pick the team my gut feeling would be :

Cech
    Bosingwa Alex Terry Cole
    Mikel
    Ramires Malouda
    Anelka Drogba Kalou

the only reason id play Malouda ahead of Zhirkov is hes played so much there last year and would be more used to and aware of the Liverpool midfield setup. Im going go out and say they will line up 4-5-1.

But, if Carlo goes with a midfield 3 of Mikel, Zhirkov Ramires, then id give Malouda the nod over Kalou, Kalou seems to be able to come off the bench and make things happen, which is always a huge plus point.

Cant wait for this game now truth be told. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Alex wants to finish his career with Chelsea here Legend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I wouldn't mind seeing Ivanovic knocking in one or two more headers against the Pool!

• Advertisement

Ye definitely, will be a tough match without a doubt. Hope we win as I'll be heading in with the Liverpool brigade to watch the match.

Yeah will more than likely be watching it with a few Liverpool folks myself.
    I'd expect Liverpool to really want to give Chelsea a proper game come Sunday, don't see it as a walk over by any means, possible hard fought 2-1 win to the Blues. (Ivanovic twice!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Really glad Malouda is fit, definitely are best player this season.

Run down on the players this season for me.

Cech - we really are seeing the Cech of old, he has been excellent and looks more assured.

Turnbull and Hilario - We need a new back up goalie tbh.

Ivanovic - just outstanding in every way, brilliant as ever defensively excellent when brought into the centre and improving going forward, chipping in with more goals that we always knew he had in him.

Bosingwa - looked great on his return, going to find it tough to get back in the team though. :o

Ferreira - He cannot be trusted at all, very slow and caught out of position a lot when he has played this season, will be hopefully moving on soon.

Terry and Alex - both have been very good, look a great partnership.

A.Cole - worlds best left back at the moment hands down.

Mikel - I have given out as much as anyone about Mikel last season but he has been super this season, great ball retention and is starting to pick very good passes. Great ball winner as well.

Lampard - Don't worry he will still get his 20 a season. ;) Can't wait for him to be back.

Benayoun - looked a great option when he came off the bench, really gutted for him that he picked up the injury.

Zhirkov - Last few games he has been brilliant and is deservedly in the first team now.

Ramires - People have been giving out about him but he has done well imo, couple of shakey games but that's to be expected, looks like a serious player we have here though.

Essien - been great this season but I still don't think we have seen the best of him yet.

Malouda - fantastic player, great pace and delivery, and top of the scoring charts says it all.

Anelka - Has been brilliant for me, he really looks to be enjoying his football and is scoring and assisting for fun.

Drogba - Can do so much better, and we know he is better than the performances he has been putting in. Really hope he starts firing on all cylinders soon, although it is great that Anelka has really stepped it up.

Kalou - Was doing excellent until his injury, really good to have him back fit, made a great impact against Wolves.

The youngsters - The likes of McEachran(he's going to be special), Van Aanholt,Kakuta etc have all done well. Hopefully Kakuta can pick things up a bit though, Sturridge started badly but starting to do a lot better recently when given the chance.

Probably missed a few....

I'd agree with most of that Johner.

With regards to Ferriera, I say keep him around. Offers invaluable experience to the youngsters and is supposedly an absolute gent and legend around Cobham.

Our back line is solid, couldn't ask for better.

Mikel as you said has improved the way we were all hoping he would. Is quickly becoming the best DM in Europe. People will say that is over the top, but this guy is world class.

Essien not as his best but has done well, just shows what an awesome player he is.

Zhirkov is the one for me so far this season. Getting him to adapt to a more central role was a big ask, but I just love the way he picks the ball up deep and can kick into that extra gear and tear past players.

Ramires also has a frightening turn of pace, we only have seen a few glimpses of it so far, but he sure can motor. Also his tenacity in the tackle is excellent for someone of his stature. I feel we have a real gem on our hands.

Kalou also has kicked on a gear this season. His goal scoring record is very impressive at this stage. We saw the other night when he missed a great opportunity, that there is still work to be done, but he has significantly improved.

Huge credit must go to Ancelotti for our performances.

I suppose it would do no harm to have Ferriera around, but as long as he doesn't get near the pitch that is. :D With Bosingwa and Ivanovic though we won't have to worry about that.

Team for tomorrow,

'Cech, Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Cole, Mikel, Zhirkov, Essien or Ramires, Anelka, Drogba, Malouda or Kalou, Essien or Ramires.

I fully expect Malouda to start and more than likely Ramires, but hopefully Essien can shake off his injury. Going to be a tough game as always at Anfield but if we perform we should hopefully be too strong for them.

Ivanovic 25/1 anytime goal scorer on paddy power, ahh tis tempting!
    Might also go mad and put a few quid on Chelsea to win 4-0 at 45/1.
    All seriousness, if theres a 1-0 win going with no injuries, I'd happily take that at the moment. Really looking forward to the game

I'd love to absolutely thrash them tomorrow, the satisfaction would unreal. Will be out numbered 10 to 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

I'd love to absolutely thrash them tomorrow, the satisfaction would unreal. Will be out numbered 10 to 1.

I love to win the lotto and live out my dreams but that ain't going to happen either.

:):) Enjoy the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Must admit im nervous about tomorrow.Big teams under performing always seem to rally come a big game and i think it may happen tomorrow.However if we stick to our game plan and have Malouda and Essien i cant see why we should not win and win well

• Advertisement

Wish it was the early game.
    Here trying to get some college work done but I keep looking the time thinking "right I've got 2 more hours of this then I'm off...etc etc"
    The Carlo doesn't want the Pato apparently, according to football365. Sure we have the Sturridge and Kakuta, Kalou is still on the young side, and hopefully give Borini a few starts at some point and will will be alright.

Edit:
    nice lil match build read here as taken from sky sports website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I think we will be lucky to get a draw, I would settle for a point going to Anfield.

Heard Kalou is in for Drogba?????

Yeah Drogba on the bench.

Is it a fitness thing, surely not tactical?

The Drog wasn't at his best in his last game, maybe he will be brought on at some stage instead. Anelka will relish being the lone striker up front I'd imagine (provided he doesn't keep drifting either too deep or off out into wide positions!)

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Is it a fitness thing, surely not tactical?

Carlo has dropped him before, United last season he was perfectly fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Hard luck with that :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

We were ****e first half. We raped them in the second and were unlucky not to score. Bad loss to a mid table club but at least the bison will be back soon, we need him, and bosingwa has to start starting at right back.

Ramires was awful I have to admit.

• Advertisement

dooferoaks wrote: »
    I think we will be lucky to get a draw.

Feck my pessimism being well founded. What a crap game, ho-hum, still top of the league.

Yeah look at the positives. Top of the league. Man U look average, l'arse are mediocre. We were poor but I feel we are better than the others in the league. We need to respond well to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I wasn't awfully confident going into this game, I knew Liverpool were well capable of this and that it would just be a case of whether or not they showed up on the day.
    I wouldn't get too carried away with the inevitable doom and gloom ****e that will follow this, we will still win the league.
    When we're 5 or 6 clear again this time next week this will be a distant memory.

We weren't at our sharpest today overall. Started out well, some good confident play, but then the passing just started going astray. Could argue JT should have been much closer to Torres for the first goal, his sheer pace and determination got him there. His second was just sheer quality in all honesty, no keeper would have gotten a paw to that.
    We fairly took the game to them in the second half, pity Drogba didn't start, he looked a real threat I thought. The last half hour it was one way traffic but their defence was well organised to be fair.
    Still, other results today have damaged the blow a small bit, hopefully thats the end of these performances, home to Fulham next weekend, a good game there and things will look brighter. Having Lampard and Essien will also rejunivate the team once they come back into the squad.
    Well done Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

papagormo wrote: »
    Fulham next weekend, a good game there and things will look brighter.

Fulham on Wednesday night, Sunderland next Sunday evening, both Home.

United away at City and Villa.

We should extend the lead, can't see United getting all the points from those games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

A rare postive response from me.

Bah - still 2 pts clear, rather lose in Anfield now then last season - think about that ....

Bison back soon ..

Unlucky not to score, but these things happen.

Now I think i'll make a donation to Bernardos.

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »
    Fulham on Wednesday night, Sunderland next Sunday evening, both Home.

Oh yeah forgot its on the Wednesday. I'd say we should put 2 past Fulhum at home. Sunderland away from their own patch, think they have 2 wins and 3 draws so far. So we should over come them at the Bridge. If we take maximum points from those two games, we will be doing alright.
    United away to city will present itself with an interesting game, I think if Villa are up for it, they will also give united a proper game.

Just realised United have City and Villa away next games they will be very tough games for them, 6 points from our next two games is a must.

Don't know what happened in the first half, passing went astray fair play to Liverpool they harried us in possession all the time.
    I thought our midfield were very poor, we should have scored the second half, we must move on.

6 points is a must from the next few games. Anyone know how long essien is out for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

MUSEIST wrote: »
    6 points is a must from the next few games. Anyone know how long essien is out for?

Was only a bruised toe afaik.So wouldnt imagine long.Back by next weekend if not wednesday

• Advertisement

Wednesday's derby won't be easy at all, really hope Essien is back. We were lucky to beat Fulham at the bridge last year hopefully it will be a bit more comfortable this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Bit peeved at the result but expected Liverpool to raise their game against us. Still top and still the team to beat IMO. Will be off to the Sunderland game with junior next weekend so will expect home form to prevail.
    Result was class, bit like spurs with the same result in the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Our midfield is crap without lamps and the bison. Ramieres and zhirkov are not Chelsea class. Mikel did well as usual with no help from the two spanners.

Ah come on, not Chelsea class? Sure lets drop or sell all our squad players and see how we get on. Some of the views here are completely unrealistic. Zhirkov is a LM/DL playing CM, what the hell do you expect. Ramires has played a handful of games for the club, is 23 years old and shows huge amount of promise yet you are on his back after every game. His tackling was excellent today. Do you support Chelsea or are you just a glory hunter. Think I know which you are. Even Monkey is showing a more realistic reaction. Are you a complete wind up merchant?

Our midfield is crap without lamps and the bison. Ramieres and zhirkov are not Chelsea class. Mikel did well as usual with no help from the two spanners.

Ramires and zhirkov cost us 36 million combined:eek::eek:

Jaysus. :rolleyes:

Carvalho just scored for Madrid a few minutes ago. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Ugh...

That will be all....

Zhirkov has been class, Ramires was poor enough though. All round poor first half. Liverpool were average enough as well just seperated by Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Ah come on, not Chelsea class? Sure lets drop or sell all our squad players and see how we get on. Some of the views here are completely unrealistic. Zhirkov is a LM/DL playing CM, what the hell do you expect. Ramires has played a handful of games for the club, is 23 years old and shows huge amount of promise yet you are on his back after every game. His tackling was excellent today. Do you support Chelsea or are you just a glory hunter. Think I know which you are. Even Monkey is showing a more realistic reaction. Are you a complete wind up merchant?

Yep, I'm a Chelsea fan and a big one at that. This forum is for sharing opinions the last I checked.
    You make a decent point about zhirkov but Ramieres shouldn't be in the first team until he's ready and he's not ready yet. Yes, he made a few decent tackles but he simply cannot pass to a teammate!

In fairness to Rameries, he might not have been in the starting line up today if we had the choice of Lampard, Essien, Yossi even. After Rameries theres the likes of Josh, who would be far too young to be thrown in against Liverpool.
    I actually thought he really got stuck in for the second half.
    Zhirkov wasn't playing in his natural position either so he did the best he could. The midfield wasn't the stongest one we have, but it was the strongest we could field on the day. Thought some of Mikels long range passes deserve a mention, how many times did he manage to find Ivanovic in acres of space, fair play to him.
    In fairness, a moment of poor defending and a moment of sheer class got the better of us today, wouldn't dwell any more on it than that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement