Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Big news. I'm sure someone will be signed in January but it's probably too late then as they'll both be back.

Any news on why Wilkins was given the axe?

I've heard a few dodgy rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just as I feared ..... Alex out 6-8 weeks. This is shocking timing. Both centre halfs out. Brumas in now whether good enough or not. Chalobah is only 16 I think - but expect to see him on the bench now!
    There are times we'd get away with this - but not with Everton, Spurs, Man u and Arsenal all coming up in the next 4/5 weeks. League could be gone by then - CL it is then!!

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2222056,00.html

Terrible news, its going be tough now, once we dont lose anymore defenders I think we can cope, im hoping we can anyway.:(
    Johner wrote: »
    Terrible news this, Bruma has to be given a shot.

Agree 100%, Bruma is a CB, playing Paulo there is stupid, hes not good enough to play there, no matter who partners him.
    MUSEIST wrote: »
    Ah jesus, ****in epic disaster. Bruma must be played.:mad:

Got it in one buddy, Bruma has to play, he cant be any worse then bloody Paulo at CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Go on .... spill the beans. PM if you'd rather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I've forgotten about Mancienne at Wolves. He would have been decent cover. Any word if we can recall him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Terrible news for us chelsea fans i fear this could spell the end of our title chances, if last weekends performance was anything to go by!!!

I know Bruma ect ect but he just ain't got the experience, hes a good prospect but he is only that for the time being! You really do need at least 1 Experienced CB there to tell the other what to do in certain game situations...

Gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

No - season long loan - cant recall him. Jack Cork on the other hand cos he's with Burnley might be under different terms - not sure he's premieship centre half material though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Very bad news , don't think we have any way of getting Mancienne back .. season long loan i think, oh well Bruma will have to step up to the mark. Strange that the bookies have us still as favourites to win the league as we could drop a few points by new year easily enough with no central defence to speak of.

£49 for a ticket to spurs! and I thought chelsea were meant to be expensive lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Of course, the other side of solving the mess in defence is quite simply to put more goals in the back of the net than the opposition.
    I'd take a few 3-2, 2-1 etc victories happily enough. Get the boots on Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, we need to be getting a few goals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Is the decision not to bring in an experienced body to replace Ricky Carvalho coming back to haunt ye now lads?

• Advertisement

We do have a replacement, but he is also injured.

papagormo wrote: »
    We do have a replacement, but he is also injured.

Forgive my slowness today but who do you mean, Ivanovic?

flahavaj wrote: »
    Is the decision not to bring in an experienced body to replace Ricky Carvalho coming back to haunt ye now lads?

No, losing your 2 starting CB's would pretty much weaken any team...

the reason Carvalho left was because he wasn't getting games, if we have brought in another player like him to replace him we would end up with the same problem, a player who wants to play but doesn't get playing, therefore causing a cafuffle!

P.S. do you only ever venture out of the safety of the UTD thread when something bad happens someone else, only time i ever see you round here anyways!

Alex, out for 6-8 weeks.

Alex, out for 6-8 weeks.

Lol your 2 hours too late we are discussing it already, look back a page!!!!

Lol your 2 hours too late we are discussing it already, look back a page!!!!

I was responding to Flahavaj, should have used quotes by rights.

• Advertisement

No, losing your 2 starting CB's would pretty much weaken any team...

the reason Carvalho left was because he wasn't getting games, if we have brought in another player like him to replace him we would end up with the same problem, a player who wants to play but doesn't get playing, therefore causing a cafuffle!

P.S. do you only ever venture out of the safety of the UTD thread when something bad happens someone else, only time i ever see you round here anyways!

I wasn't rubbing it in in fairness. Was just interested to see if ye were happy with letting him go in hindsight. Not everyone's out to take the p*ss all the time.

I doubt you'll find a Chelsea fan that wasn't sad to see Ricci go, but it really was in the best interest of all parties because with recent injury problems he is probably slightly past it and his heart wasn't in London anymore so at least he left as a Chelsea hero instead of stagnating for maybe 1-2 more years. It's really just a perfect storm of injuries and I don't think anyone could be blamed for not seeing this coming. With hindsight we maybe should have signed another backup CB like Chilleini or Demichelis, someone who'd be happy being a sub. We had Boswinga coming back and realisticly had 3 world-class CB's to choose from it just so happens that 2 of them are injured.

I wasn't rubbing it in in fairness. Was just interested to see if ye were happy with letting him go in hindsight. Not everyone's out to take the p*ss all the time.

I rued the day he left earlier in the thread.
    See post 1842.
    We have also discussed on loan players we could call back. Season long loans are a bane we feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Did Essien play a make shift centre back a few years ago when there was a defensive crisis?, can't remember when it was or if in fact it was centre back, I just remember him being put in a defenders position

TheTosh wrote: »
    Did Essien play a make shift centre back a few years ago when there was a defensive crisis?, can't remember when it was or if in fact it was centre back, I just remember him being put in a defenders position

He played RB a few time afink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

This is turning into a nightmare of a season, we will deffo be buying in Jan.

Le King could you PM me too re Wilkins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

IMO every club should have at least 4 CBs to choose from. Look at us, we have five (King, Woodgate, Bassong, Kaboul and Gallas) and yet it remains our problem area. We've had something like 11 CB pairings this season so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

smuckers wrote: »
    This is turning into a nightmare of a season, we will deffo be buying in Jan.

could be over by then with the tough games ye got coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Bruma, Mikel or Essien but please no Paulo at CB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

BERBA wrote: »
    could be over by then with the tough games ye got coming up

Sniff another undeserved win for united just cos the main rival team is screwed with injuries ....

Big Man aren't ya ?

the_monkey wrote: »
    Sniff another undeserved win for united just cos the main rival team is screwed with injuries ....

Big Man aren't ya ?

what you on about? i couldnt give a to$$ about utd , carvalho could turn out to be a huge loss for youse

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

He wanted to go , nothing we could do there , but were looking well short at the back now.

I would hope we would go along the lines of the:
    Cech
    Bosingwa
    Bruma----Ivanovic----Cole
    Mikel

Essien
    Malouda(Josh)---
    Anelka(Kalou)
    Zhirkov(Malouda/Anelka)
    Drogba
    Alternatives would be Josh and Kalou in the mix there.

Big Man aren't ya ?

To be fair, United have a few injury woes of their own.(Rooney for the time being, Valencia, Hargreaves, Anderson..Owen,ahem..even Rafael as a backup plan are all out).
    Always thought Berba was a Spurs fan, I could be wrong though.

• Advertisement

oops ... yeah my bad, united do have a fair amount of injuries , yeah ... just so frustrating .... when we just know in 2 weeks we will be 3rd .... then down ... down .... down .....

lucky to be 4th....

THFC wrote: »
    IMO every club should have at least 4 CBs to choose from. Look at us, we have five (King, Woodgate, Bassong, Kaboul and Gallas) and yet it remains our problem area. We've had something like 11 CB pairings this season so far.

King and Woodgate barely count any more though to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yeah there was no way Ricky was going to stay and wait for Alex or JT to get injured, he's still a class defender but he wouldn't be getting the gametime he would have wanted here so was the right time for him to move on - although I wish he was still here now. :(

Bruma can definitely step up and I'd be confident of him doing a good job, he has the talent and played a couple of times last year in the Premier League and has since got a full international cap for Holland, it's obviously not ideal to throw him into it like this but as far as I'm concerned Ferreria should not play for us in the Premier League again, he is just past it and reminds me a lot of Gary Neville! Bruma is by far the better option.

Very worried about Saturday though, really hoping we can get scrappy 1-0 or something to boost the teams confidence but can see us drawing like we did there last year. As well as a question over the defense we really need the front three to step up a bit on recent performances, the goals have dried up big time!

King and Woodgate barely count any more though to be fair.

Does Woodgate still play for Spurs?

Johner wrote: »
    Does Woodgate still play for Spurs?

still on the payroll , reckon he'll retire end of season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Big Man aren't ya ?

Last year Chelsea won the title by one point. United dropped points because they had to play Fletcher and Carrick in defence due to injuries. Can we have the trophy please?

Injuries happen. They might influence the debate on who the better players are, but they don't change the fact of who wins the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

THFC wrote: »

Michael Dawson also plays for us :rolleyes:

As for Chelsea's predicament: I can see ye dropping some points over the next few weeks but ye'll still be well in touch by the time Alex returns - United and Arsenal are too inconsistent to put together 7 or 8 wins on the bounce. In the meantime, will Ancelotti consider a slight change of formation to protect a weakened defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

As a United fan I welcome the injuries as it will slow you's down but you can't write Chelsea off altogether especially with United and Arsenal's form this season. Its up to them now to capitalise on Chelsea's misfortune, whether or not they do this season has been blown wide and is up for grabs

I would hope we would go along the lines of the:
    Cech
    Bosingwa
    Bruma----Ivanovic----Cole
    Mikel

Essien
    Malouda(Josh)---
    Anelka(Kalou)
    Zhirkov(Malouda/Anelka)
    Drogba
    Alternatives would be Josh and Kalou in the mix there.

I hope Carlo reads this thread !! :D:D

Is Ivanovic fit ?

• Advertisement

Finally some good news.

According to reports in France Kakuta on verge of signing a new contract.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Both Drogba and Kalou return to the bridge and will take no part in tonights friendly match against Poland :D

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2223372,00.html

Finally some good news.

According to reports in France Kakuta on verge of signing a new contract.

Brillant if its true :)
    Both Drogba and Kalou return to the bridge and will take no part in tonights friendly match against Poland :D

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2223372,00.html

Also great news, hope they can get some rest for the weekend, especially Drogba :pac:

To cheer us up in light of recent injury news,

chelsea_double_winners1.jpg

:)

So Alex was on the bench tonight and warmed up with team, wtf is going on? :eek:

JT hopes to be back in training next week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

JT hopes to be back in training next week!

Was just reading that in the Times this morning as well. He had a successful visit to an Italian chiropractor and he may be back for the Newcastle game according to them.

Great news!

So does this mean crisis over then???? :confused:

So does this mean crisis over then???? :confused:

Not quite, Terry maybe back for the Newcastle game and Alex is out for 2 months, but made the bench for Brazil against Argentina last night.

The Alex situation is a weird one, dont understand why he should have had to travel with Brazil to Doha for the game, im just glad he wasnt played.

At the moment we have Ivanovic starting at CB this weekend with a potential partner of either Paulo :( or Bruma :) or a surprise of Mikel maybe :confused:.

Anybody but Paulo please.

We can do without JT for one more game, but I'm 90% sure it will be either Bruma or Mikel at CB vs. Birmingham. JT back is a massive boost, he has been our most consistent defender this season and his presence alone on the pitch makes us a much tougher unit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement