Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Whats going on with our medical department?
    Alex trains with Brazil in the middle east ... selected on the bench, does prematch warm up and Brazil management says its up to Chelsea if they want him to have an operation. Does he need one or not??!!

JT, despite chronic and long-term problems with Back/thigh pains, boards flight to Italy - has 1 visit to a Chiroprator - and hey-ho could be back in training next week.

Drogba, suffers fever symptoms for a month at Chelsea - before he's diagnosed to have been sufffering from Malaria. Club precribe some magic medicine which will cure him in 48hrs .... plays on like a floppy Giraffe - travels to Poland for Ivory Coast friendly- where their medical dept sends him back saying he's still suffering Malaria (and not fit to play for them).

So much for the Milan lab ... cant see these guys lasting into their late 30's with this level of care!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

So much for the Milan lab ... cant see these guys lasting into their late 30's with this level of care!!

Why don't Chelsea have something similar by now anyway?

BTW, MilanLab had nothing to do with Carlo. Infact, it had very little to do with Milan's management at all, Galliani was aproached by Messerman with a co-alition of SENSEable City Lab of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston (USA); The Department of Bioengineering of the University of Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium) and the Centre of Research in Epistemology Knowledge and Application (CRESA) of the University Vita-Salute San Raffaele. just agreed.

Been an amazing asset to the club since.

edit:
    I've just realised that you lot poached Bruno Demichelis a few years back, but without the support/input of the other parties involved in MilanLab chelsea might as well has just appointed Dr. Nick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Obaraten wrote: »
    Lads whats with the pessimistic attitude so we've hit a slump,some injuries so what,COME ON THE BLUES,THINK POSITIVE,GET ROARING BEHIND THE TEAM!BLUE IS THE COLOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish i could be postive, but realistically max 1 point from the next 6 ...

please prove me wrong ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

the_monkey wrote: »
    I wish i could be postive, but realistically max 1 point from the next 6 ...

please prove me wrong ...

Not a chance, we will be taking 3 points this weekend, im so sure of it im going put 50quid on Chelsea - 2 in the bookies. Birginham have only kept one clean sheet in I think 8 EPL game and Carlo wil have the lads ready and willing for this game.

3 points and we're laughing.

I see Chelsea went on the cheap for Wilkins successor ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Carlo has said that Elmenalo's role will stay same and clement will assist him in traning.
    Didn't want to comment on Elmenalo but doesn't seem to be thrilled at all

Alex can play is great news, Also JT to be back for Newcastle game hopefully

Team tomorrow

Cech
    Alex
    Ivan
    Cole
    Bos
    Mikel
    Malouda
    Rameries
    Kalou
    Anelka
    Drogs.

Zhirkov injured

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »
    Team tomorrow

Cech
    Alex :D
    Ivan
    Cole
    Bos
    Mikel
    Malouda
    Rameries
    Kalou
    Anelka
    Drogs.

Zhirkov injured

What crisis ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

Excuse me but what exactly is going on with Chelsea's injuries. Are they injured and just playing through it??

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

What crisis indeed!! If Alex can hold the fort til JT back .... panic averted!! Phew!

Alex is taking injections, he'll still have to have an op tho, just hopefully at end of season.

Paleface wrote: »
    Excuse me but what exactly is going on with Chelsea's injuries. Are they injured and just playing through it??

Well it seems to be that Alex needed surgery, hence why it was reported he was put for 2 months. It now is revelaed that he can play and that he can have the surgery when JT is back, thus not leaving us light at the back.

My take on it is, Yes Alex is injured,but he can play through it as it seems its not as bad as first feared and im sure he was asked would he and he said yes and the delayed the surgery and that as soon as JT is back in and comfortable, maybe after 2 or 3 games then we will see Alex move out and get surgery and Ivanovic partnering JT for about 6-10 weeks.
    smuckers wrote: »
    Alex is taking injections, he'll still have to have an op tho, just hopefully at end of season.

I hope he gets the surgery ASAP really and have him back fit ready to go for the last 3 months of the season, thats just me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Over in Birmingham now.:) just heard the team news delighted with that 11, can't wait for tomorrow now.

Johner wrote: »
    Over in Birmingham now.:) just heard the team news delighted with that 11, can't wait for tomorrow now.

Good luck with the trip and the match Johner, bring us back 3 points please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Spurs and Wigan to do the damage tomorrow, us to beat the City blues, then by the time Johner returns, we are 5 pints clear once again and everythings rosey.
    Kamon the Blues!

papagormo wrote: »
    Spurs and Wigan to do the damage tomorrow, us to beat the City blues, then by the time Johner returns, we are 5 pints clear once again and everythings rosey.
    Kamon the Blues!

Nyom nyom I'd love 5 pints right now :D

Agree though, that would be the ideal situation, dont see it happening, but once we win I couldnt care what happens around us :pac:

• Advertisement

Glad to see Alex will be available tomorrow but I hope his injury doesn't get worse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Glas to see Alex will be available tomorrow but I hope his injury doesn't get worse...

What sort of an injury does he have? Obviously there's a huge risk involved here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

when is terry due back?

Delighted that alex is back. Malouda in midfield is excellent news:D. Everyone needs to perform better tomorrow including the front 3.

BERBA wrote: »
    when is terry due back?

Gray area here, Im hearing he "might" be available for the Newcastle game, some are saying he could be out for months, Ancellotti said he won't be out for a month ..... who knows ??

I'm just glad Alex is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Le King wrote: »
    What sort of an injury does he have? Obviously there's a huge risk involved here.

It's unknown what injury has, just that he has a problem with his knee. He was due to have explarotory key hole surgery to pin point the problem but because of a defensive crisis this will be post-poned for a week or two.

It's as much risk as him playing any other game this season because he has been playing with the problem for about a month or two, because it was unknown they were hoping it would just go away with rest but it needs surgery to determine what the problem is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Birmingham airport closed so flight was cancelled so no match for me today. How long can it take to get a slightly damaged cessana off a runway?!! Ticket paid for too.

Birmingham airport closed so flight was cancelled so no match for me today. How long can it take to get a slightly damaged cessana off a runway?!! Ticket paid for too.

**** that is bad, sorry to hear that mate.

After the excitement that was Burton Albion against Bury last night(no really it was good :) ) I can't wait for the match now.

Sh*t dude, that sucks.

Did I just hear Paulo started?:eek:

Kamon the Blues!

Prediction number 1 down!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ahh FFS 1 down, we just can't catch a break ATM... totally against the run of play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Prediction number 1 down!:D

1 down alright!:D

Game over, how ****king unlucky are we ????

Will just stop watching cos this is game over.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Game over, how ****king unlucky are we ????

Will just stop watching cos this is game over.

Will you ever shut up , talking complete and utter rubbish all the time , its starting to wear thin now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Whats the Chelsea line up?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Hard Luck on that game, its not the end of the world , played well, lamps back soon as is essien ,

Keep the blue flag flying high :D

Guys I will admit now we do have problems, Kalou should never play again.
    Mikel was our best player

What we need is better players, simples. I am not too worried cause utd or arsenal dont impress me at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

fvcking gutted how can we go from such a strong position in the league to this in a matter of weeks? It cannot just be down to injuries. I am well pissed off this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'm genuinely not even remotely concerned.

Last week was **** but that was 100% down to missing players, this week it took little short of divine intervention to stop us getting anything from a difficult away ground and thats still missing 3 key players and having Alex who probably isnt fully match fit.

We've shown when at full strength we can hammer anyone so when we've got something resembling a full strength side again we'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

We had 1 major problem today IMO, nobody was leading the team!

There was a point in mid way into the second half, when nothing much was happening, cech caught the ball near his own 6 yard box went racing out to the edge of 18 yard box to throw the ball out, camera zoomed out our 4 defenders were still STANDING on the 6yard box, did they not want to win the game,

Anyways my point is (a bit long winded, lol) if terry even lampard was there they'd be screaming their head of telling them to get out, at times we were like a rabbit caught in the headlights run run run, then do nothing with it....

Mikel was the only positive to take out of the game! Fought for everything today, and as for our finishing... well i think that obvious, i think an extra "kick arse" training session at 7am tomorrow morning is in order!!!!!!!!

But still dont forget Were still top!!!!!

While not taking anything away from Mikel, let me just say the reason he has been the standout player in 2 poor performances is because he is being given so much to do.
    No Essien or Lampard leaves our midfield very lightweight, particularly from a defensive point of view, this leaves him having to win pretty much everything, he's stepped up but there's only so much he can do.
    We need these players back and when they are I have no doubt we'll put this blip behind us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Essien wrote: »
    I'm genuinely not even remotely concerned.

Last week was **** but that was 100% down to missing players, this week it took little short of divine intervention to stop us getting anything from a difficult away ground and thats still missing 3 key players and having Alex who probably isnt fully match fit.

We've shown when at full strength we can hammer anyone so when we've got something resembling a full strength side again we'll be fine.

We do now know however that the Chelsea squad is nowhere near a strong as we thought it was earlier in the season.

Thats a crumb of hope for me anyway.

I still would put ye as favourites, but I'm delighted to be level at this stage of what has been a mediocre season from United so far.

flahavaj wrote: »
    We do now know however that the Chelsea squad is nowhere near a strong as we thought it was earlier in the season.

Well thats another thing, our strongest 11 is IMO far superior to anyone in the league but we've made no secret about our lack of strength in depth, I don't think any other top side in England (or most of Europe tbh) could be so susceptible to this kind of dip in form due to missing 3/4 key players. Its probably why I'm so confident, I know it won't last forever so it's only a matter of time before all the experts are describing us as "unstoppable" etc again.

People get carried away when a team performs very well and all of a sudden every player in the squad is world class etc etc. I think if you had a flick back to the summer you might notice how most Chelsea fans fans on here were crying out for Carlo to invest in some cover for the midfield and defence, he didn't, now we're paying the price.
    flahavaj wrote: »
    I still would put ye as favourites, but I'm delighted to be level at this stage of what has been a mediocre season from United so far.

Everone's been poor, I'd have us as marginal favourite but there's a long long way to go yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Essien wrote: »
    Its probably why I'm so confident, I know it won't last forever so it's only a matter of time before all the experts are describing us as "unstoppable" etc again.
    That's probably true but surely there must be a little concern with a tough run of games coming in December ?

Argh how the **** did we lose that.

d22ontour wrote: »
    That's probably true but surely there must be a little concern with a tough run of games coming in December ?

I will be when they start handing league titles out in December. We all have to play the same teams so I don't see why 1 difficult run in isolation should change anything.

This will be portrayed in the media as a "steely and resolute" Birmingham display where in reality they just kept 10 men behind the ball for 85 minutes and rode their luck. We are as much too blame though. They defended well enough, but if it wasn't for Chelsea's sloppy finishing we would have scored 3 goals on a bad day. We badly need Lamps back, his presence alone creates space for Drogba who was working on scraps but still maybe should have had 1 or 2. R.Johnson definitely went through the back of Ramires so how a penalty was not given I'll never know. Nightmare stuff, nothing went our way today, but what really iirks me is that we let United back in the title race without them even remotely playing well. They struggled again today against a poor Wigan side who had 2 clowns sent off. We are going to have too dig deep, I don't think the problem is in defense, but in CM, we are not creating enough from there.

• Advertisement

Very frustrating, but I gave myself the half hour of being pissed off, no point letting it annoy me, it's like letting Nature annoy me*.

But again unbelievably frustrating, should have scored in Liverpool 2nd half - didn't
    Should have scored loads against Fulham - didn't (3 pts though - but dented our confidence)
    Should have scored loads today - didn't.

This could take it out of the team - and united spurs and Arsenal away all coming up !!! - Be fighting for 4th with Liverpool come next May at this rate.

*© Karl Pilkington

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement