Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Torres is an unreal striker, no doubt about that i think.
    but i dont think we are in a position where we crying out for goal scorers, we have Drogba (agewise hes pushing it could be argued, but try telling him that when hes lashing in the goals) Anelka, stepped up whenever needed, has another good season or two in him, form especially shown during Africa Cup time. Kalou came good towards the end of the season. Lampard and Malouda are well able to find the net, Sturridge showed plenty of promise, Kakuta and Borini must be itching to get game time too. So personally id be looking more towards Aguero, younger, cheaper etc, wouldnt be half as much pressure on him to hit the ground running fromthe off aswell, if that makes sense.
    id be more concerned with strengthening our midfield, said it ages ago we need a wide man (Yossi apparently) and a defensive midfielder as i worry for Mikel, dont think hes there just yet. my two cents on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6255621,00.html

Please take a hint Chelsea board. If we miss out on another player who wanted to move to Chelsea but we didn't step in I'll cry. (Silva + Toure)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Lukker- wrote: »
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6255621,00.html

Please take a hint Chelsea board. If we miss out on another player who wanted to move to Chelsea but we didn't step in I'll cry. (Silva + Toure)

I wish we knew if these quotes were true, if they are then we have to make a move and do it soon, they player wants to play for us, its the type of signing all of the fans want to see, do it already!!

i like the way he throws in the fact we might have Torres soon also, id have no problem with that, maybe its more than just rumour if players think it too, especially one that knows Torres so well!!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    I wish we knew if these quotes were true, if they are then we have to make a move and do it soon, they player wants to play for us, its the type of signing all of the fans want to see, do it already!!

i like the way he throws in the fact we might have Torres soon also, id have no problem with that, maybe its more than just rumour if players think it too, especially one that knows Torres so well!!

If it was the Mirror or the Daily Mail I'd be extremely skeptical but SSN never publish false quotes.

• Advertisement

the torres bid could be thrown out the window after that final

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

And rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

torres would be a step backwards .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Barr wrote: »
    torres would be a step backwards .

Ah I wouldn't say that now, he is a class player, one of the best strikers in the world. Had a bad world cup as he was injured and probably shouldn't have even been in the squad. My qualms with him is how much it would cost for a fee and wages. Surely Aguero would be better value age wise, and transfer fee wise. We just shouldn't be spending that kind of money on a player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I don't think the Kop Crock would be a good move, tbh. Classy player when he's in form and not injured... But we've all seen how useless and brutal he is when he is off-form and is carrying a niggly injury. Not good. I don't think we'd need him too much and I especially don't think we'd need him for the silly-money Liverpool would be looking for for him. Let Man City pay it instead...;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I really hope ye sign Torres lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Aguero will go to City ...

flahavaj wrote: »
    I really hope ye sign Torres lads.

yer some pup flah!:D
    ahh no, i hear city have a few quid to spare, might lob some in liverpools direction.

DazMarz wrote: »
    I don't think the Kop Crock would be a good move, tbh. Classy player when he's in form and not injured... But we've all seen how useless and brutal he is when he is off-form and is carrying a niggly injury. Not good. I don't think we'd need him too much and I especially don't think we'd need him for the silly-money Liverpool would be looking for for him. Let Man City pay it instead...;)

I would much rather have Aguero as I think he offers us something completely different to Drogba and Anelka and could work well in a 4-3-3 if we go that way.

I would be fine with Torres signing, but as you said silly-money I wouldnt be interested in, 40-45million should be the max, great player while fit, proven in the premier league, i think he would start ahead of Anelka partnering Drogs and considering he's injury prone Anelka would still get enough games, but we would have an overall higher quality attack and cover!

Either way I still think we need one of them as Drogs is getting on and at best has 1 top level season in him i think and then 1 season as a super sub!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think Aguero would have had a very good World Cup if he was giving more of a start, he was A.Madrids best player this year and I think he finished with ove 20 goals this season.

He was unlucky to find himself 4 in the pecking order for Argentina strikers.

But as an investment Aguero is better then Torres, younger, less injury prone are the main things that swing it for me, so Roman break out the cash please.

gavredking wrote: »
    But as an investment Aguero is better then Torres, younger, less injury prone are the main things that swing it for me, so Roman break out the cash please.

Hopefully now the WC is finally over we can start to do some business!! Plenty of new young talent was unearthed and also plenty of players became stars and jumped to the next level, lets hope were in for a few of them anyway!!

ashley coles possible replacement is being eyed apparently. the Portugal left back, was nippy enough i thought, and is only 22 so could be worth a punt.
    keep ashley if at all possible though.

Hopefully now the WC is finally over we can start to do some business!! Plenty of new young talent was unearthed and also plenty of players became stars and jumped to the next level, lets hope were in for a few of them anyway!!

It really depends on if Carlo wants to spend, I think we are all in agreement when we say we need another striker and midfielder, we have got Yossi, who for me wil be a squad player at the end of the day.

Bu I would like a good midfielder also, I think the chances of signing one of the tournaments best players is slim, especially given some of the ridiculous valuaitons they will now command.

I would hope Carlo would go back and chance AC Milan's resolve at keeping Pato. Maybe a cheeky 25 million. Dunga should have brought him to the WC, iirc he was only coming back from injury but always a good option and I think he will be a huge star for Brazil in the future, he is their best young striker coming through.

papagormo wrote: »
    ashley coles possible replacement is being eyed apparently. the Portugal left back, was nippy enough i thought, and is only 22 so could be worth a punt.

If we sell Ashley, we will not be able to repalce him directly, hes easily the top 3 LB's in the world, Id hate to lose him.

If we sell Ashley, we will not be able to repalce him directly, hes easily the top 3 LB's in the world, Id hate to lose him.

Absolutely not a doubt in my mind that A.Cole is the best LB in the world and by a considerable distance.

I agree, I think he shaades out Evra mainly because he offers more going forward then Evra.

Alot of none Chelsea fans just see Ashley as a rat and horrible person over his eprsonal life but that hasnt got in the way of his displays for us, or England.

So i think most fans just dont rate him high enough because of this.

• Advertisement

I bloody love Chelsea me ....

and i bloody love cake..

Is there any real proof that Cole is leaving or wants to leave ?

seems to largely british tabloids (the Sun) carrying the story so far, going along the lines of his private life, Real showing an interest, the whole idea of escape from england etc.
    nothing overly concrete so far though. hope its all BS.

I really hope there is no basis to the story.Cole would be a hard act to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Until I actually see him wearing that bloody white jersey, I'll be confident that Ashley will stay a Blue for another while yet; he's winning stuff with us and is guaranteed a good run in Europe. Real will be chasing Barca in La Liga and have crashed out of Europe painfully early for the last number of years. In England (for this season at least) everyone will be chasing Chelsea and we should hopefully have a good crack at the CL too.

this Lukaku story is floating around again, im fairly sure this exact story was doing the rounds this time last summer and nothing came of it, dont know anything about the lad other than he had one great season while only 16 in the belgium league.

Still tho, i like signings, and Drogs is a fan, so sign him up!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6258083,00.html

the_monkey wrote: »
    I bloody love Chelsea me ....
    and i bloody love cake..

I love lamp!!!!

Even though Ashley's privat elife is out in the open I dont see him leaving over the media pressure, he gave an interview before the FA cup final, might have been to UTV or Sky but he basically said that it doesnt effect him, hes learned to block out the media glare.

So i dont think he wil be "forced" to leave. He was one of our best players last season and enjoyed some goal scoring moments to, its nearly impossible to emphasis how important an attacking full back like Cole is to a team, he oushes back the other teams winger and forces the other full back to defend from a deeper position because of his bombing on style, a great asset to how we play and has worked well with Malouda and Anelka on the Chelsea left.

this Lukaku story is floating around again, im fairly sure this exact story was doing the rounds this time last summer and nothing came of it, dont know anything about the lad other than he had one great season while only 16 in the belgium league.

Still tho, i like signings, and Drogs is a fan, so sign him up!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6258083,00.html

I'll just leave this here...

article-0-0A6C476A000005DC-519_468x500.jpg

Taken last week, him in the press conference room on a "visit".

• Advertisement

Taken last week, him in the press conference room on a "visit".

how did that slipped by un-reported?? you think we'd be making waves about having him to the bridge even for a visit!!

***wait just checked the daily mail and its from today, that makes sense!! still tho, why are SSN not making anything of it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8797276.stm
    Chelsea sign teenage Czech defender Tomas Kalas

_44936136_chelsea_226.gif

Chelsea have signed the highly-rated teenage Czech centre-back Tomas Kalas.
    The 17-year-old will stay in his homeland on loan next season with his club Sigma Olomuc before moving to Stamford Bridge.
    Kalas reportedly caught the interest of several top European clubs including Arsenal, AC Milan and Bayer Leverkusen.
    Details of the contract have not been released, although Czech media reported Olomouc could get about 160 million koruna (£5.2m) for the defender.
    Chelsea academy manager Neil Bath described Kalas as a quick and athletic player.
    "He is a very good one-on-one defender and comfortable on the ball," said Bath.
    "We feel there is a lot of potential in the player, and we feel at the minute it is the right time to get him, but it would be good for him to stay there and get first team experience, and we look forward to him joining us next year.
    "Obviously we will stay in touch and he will come across here when appropriate. He is a right-sided centre-half who can play right-back."

Hopefully he will be good , good to see us signing some youngsters

Well ive seen on SSN that Carlo has said that Mario Ballotelli would suit Man Utd.

Not sure what to make of this, Ive watched some Series A this year and he has been good, he plays off the front man or from wide, I think hes a fantastic talent who could be a really good player, if there is any way of maybe getting him I would be leaning toward trying sign him, lets look at this way, who is Rafa going do buisness with quicker, Carlo or Fergie :pac:

Well ive seen on SSN that Carlo has said that Mario Ballotelli would suit Man Utd.

Bit baffling alright to see him say Utd would suit him, would it not have been better to just say the premier league would suit him and that if he were available we would be interested!!

You'd wonder with his reputation would he have a de-stabilizing affect on the squad tho, but i suppose people thought that about Anelka too!!

I wouldnt read much into what his reported reputation is like, I think alot of his problems bolied dpwn to him and Jose not seeing eye to eye.

I could name a couple of players that Jose didnt get on with and had clashes with, one of the main differences with Ballotelli is he played him even though he didnt seem to get on with him.

I think their personalties were to similar, if reports are to believed.

A calmer manager like Carlo would help him along in his career, if he goes to Man Utd I would definitely feel we missed another potential signing to a rival.

hopefully Carlo going on record to SSN is a ploy to get Ballotelli attention and we end up getting him, if Rafa and Inter are willing to sell, but I can see Rafa keeping himand building his team around Eto'o, D.Milito and Ballotelli with Sneijder behind them next year.

I hope we don't move for Balotelli tbh and I highly doubt United will either. City are the only team that will realisticly sign him but my guess is he'll stay and get more game time under Benitez.

• Advertisement

I hope we don't move for Balotelli tbh and I highly doubt United will either. City are the only team that will realisticly sign him but my guess is he'll stay and get more game time under Benitez.

Actually I forgot about Mancini at City, if anyone would go for him it would be a guy that gave him a chance in and around the 1st team with Inter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Its great that one of the best young talents in european football is a chelsea fan, oh and dzagoez is a chelsea fan too. Is anyone else frustrated that we still have not sighned another midfielder, our first pre season game is on saturday. I honestly have no idea who we can genuinely sign. Scweinsteiger is class but we have to realsitic.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Its great that one of the best young talents in european football is a chelsea fan, oh and dzagoez is a chelsea fan too. Is anyone else frustrated that we still have not sighned another midfielder, our first pre season game is on saturday. I honestly have no idea who we can genuinely sign. Scweinsteiger is class but we have to realsitic.

Patience, the World Cup is just over. Most players will be on holidays for a week or so more and then proper discussions can start. Aside from City no teams have done serious business yet. Arsenal have gotten Koscielny thats about it, they have Chamackh but that deal was finalised a long time ago. I'm certain we'll see some movement soon.

Patience, the World Cup is just over. Most players will be on holidays for a week or so more and then proper discussions can start.

Agreed, nothing will happen with any of the WC players for the next week at least, but hopefully theres a flurry of movement then at once, its hard not to be impatient tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Belletti has jonied Flumenese with Deco set to follow

• Advertisement

First report in The Sun today about Ashley to Real Madrid for 35million.

They say part of the reason he will go is his splitting from his wife and caring for the English team.

Also a few quotes from Casillas saying he would wlecome one of the best left backs in the world.

Ya, like im going believe any of that,until I see Ashley in the white of Real Madrid I dont expect him to move.

But 35 million.........:pac:

smuckers wrote: »
    Belletti has jonied Flumenese with Deco set to follow

dead weight at the club, handy to have for the squad but youngsters could do the job they do for about a tenth of the cost!! removing these types of players will give them the chance to get a few games when we're thin on numbers!!

New away shirt:

article-0-0A71812E000005DC-828_306x379_popup.jpg

Not bad.

its not bad, thought of hull city as soon as i seen it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Not bad at all! Was only looking through the Chelsea site yesterday trying to decide which jersey to buy for the new season :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Not too mad about it . They are not Chelsea colours.
    its not bad, thought of hull city as soon as i seen it though.

bullpost wrote: »
    Not too mad about it . They are not Chelsea colours.

Aye but most teams these days seem to be making up their away jerseys as they go along. I really liked last seasons navy and yellow one pity it was cursed.

0,,10268~8897827,00.jpg

0,,10268~8897830,00.jpg

Pretty nice if you ask me, socks look slick as fúck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Actually watching all black strips bolting around the pitch in the name of Chelsea is gonna be pretty foookin cool!
    Wonder what Cech will be wearing 'away' wise?

edit:

So this is still down as the away keepers jersey

cfc-60022.jpg?width=400&height=400&quality=95

surely they'll change it, it doesn't work with the players colours :/

New away shirt is nice. A bit different. Whats gonna be our "3rd" choice, are we keeping the rarely seen white one?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement