Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

paddypower still has us as favourites,

Outright Betting
    Chelsea 11/10
    Man Utd 9/4

Has to be a mistake ???
    Place a bet on united and you more then double your money ??

I would say now united are favourites (and this isn't negative bullsh*t)
    United have the momentum and are level, they have closed a gap of 5 points in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

How we did not score yesterday I do not know, but that is the worrying thing, we have only scored 1 goal in our last 4 league games which is a shocking return for us. Take United for example when they were playing bad against Villa they managed to get two goals out of nowhere, us against Sunderland playing equally as bad but could barely make a chance. And then yesterday when we were playing good we couldn't score, We absolutely dominated a draw would have felt horrible but a loss is very hard to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Really hope the lack of goals situation changes quickly, up against Newcastle next, on the back of a thumping by Bolton, they will no doubt be looking for a strong win, and who better to play against given recent results.
    Second weekend in a row I have missed Sorrcer Saturday/MOTD, that says it all.

Johner wrote: »
    How we did not score yesterday I do not know, but that is the worrying thing, we have only scored 1 goal in our last 4 league games which is a shocking return for us. Take United for example when they were playing bad against Villa they managed to get two goals out of nowhere, us against Sunderland playing equally as bad but could barely make a chance. And then yesterday when we were playing good we couldn't score, We absolutely dominated a draw would have felt horrible but a loss is very hard to take.

Well in fairness we were really unlucky yesterday whereas united just have blind luck, have done for the last 15 years, you can attribute maybe 7 of their league titles and 2 CL titles to shear stupid blind luck - i mean they had to tell Sheringham he scored after the 1999 CL final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

the_monkey wrote: »
    Well in fairness we were really unlucky yesterday whereas united just have blind luck, have done for the last 15 years, you can attribute maybe 7 of their league titles and 2 CL titles to shear stupid blind luck - i mean they had to tell Sheringham he scored after the 1999 CL final.

LOUL. You should stick to winding up your fellow Chelsea fans mate, it seems to be working quite well at the moment.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

McEachran, Bruma Van Annholt and Kakuta all starting Tues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

There is no excuse for anything that has happened. Need it be dragged up that last season, Man United had their own injury woes, that make ours pale in comparison. We are missing Terry and Lampard in a big way, but two men do not make up a team. We have enough fantastic footballers to compensate.

I still think that the shipping out of Michael Ballack, Ricardo Carvalho and Juliano Belletti were rushed, rash and unnecessary. Three eminently experienced players (who I will admit were getting on a bit, but still three very good players) who would be able to step into the breach now that the squad is depleted by injury now. Lampard's absence would not be so pronounced if Ballack was still there. Nor would Terry's had Carvalho been dispatched. Belletti would also be able to provide good cover and would be a good option to have.

But this is a blip on the radar; A few good wins and a few good games in the coming fixtures will soon steady the ship. It will be a long season yet...

Can anyone see anything else but a loss at white hart lane ?

lets be honest here.

I wouldn't be looking that far ahead yet, Essien will be back etc.

I don't care how we do it but we must beat Newcastle next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ditto, i don't care if the ref takes pity on us and kicks the ball in for us, so long as it means we win, i'm concerned yes, but still quietly confident :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

lets be honest here.

We lost there last season to a Spurs squad I didn't think were half as good as they are now. I'd say we'll be doing well to get a point from that game.

Newcastle must be defeated above all else. To keep pace with United and Arsenal, a victory over Newcastle is essential. A loss there could see Chelsea slip back to 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Rumours abound that Ancelotti is leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

lets be honest here.

3 seasons in a row , yeah that sounds nice:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Rumours abound that Ancelotti is leaving.

Twitter is going crazy with it at the moment. Can't see why he would leave

Twitter is going crazy with it at the moment. Can't see why he would leave

Probably because Wilkins was sacked without his consent, the manager is and should be number 1, it should be his decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Probably because Wilkins was sacked without his consent, the manager is and should be number 1, it should be his decision.

SINCE WHEN DID TWITTER BECOME A RELIABLE SOURCE?
    I would not be suprised thought, major cutbacks, perfectly good assistant removed, thinning squad, no control over signing. 'meh' I dont know why but I dont feel that suprised or bothered atm

MUSEIST wrote: »
    SINCE WHEN DID TWITTER BECOME A RELIABLE SOURCE?
    I would not be suprised thought, major cutbacks, perfectly good assistant removed, thinning squad, no control over signing. 'meh' I dont know why but I dont feel that suprised or bothered atm

I was saying that would be the reason if it was true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I suppose, I'd forgotten about that. Chelsea would really have themselves in the foot if that's the reason and the rumours are true.

Not a big fan at all of the manager being overruled on these decisions. Stupid people with power making decisions they don't understand fully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It's just horesh*t started by some Fulham Chronicle article that pretty much says Carlo is his own number 2 and then it snowballed into that he had tendered his resignation... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

This was the original source, which clarified it pretty quicky

http://twitter.com/BluesChronicle/

6/4...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hope to fack there isn't an ounce of truth to Carlo leaving, the board should have learned the simple lesson by now that if they have a perfectly capable manager at the helm, leave him to do his job, make the decisons perfect case in the sacking of Wilkins, definately not one of Carlos ideas) that have to be make. Let the manager decide what players he wants to keep/ try to get in to strengthen the squad.

Its bad decisions made by the board that have facked up Chelsea time and again. ie allowing Jose to leave, making Grant Director of football while Jose was there (talk about a made up job) Undermining Jose by bringing in Shevvy/Ballack (I accept Ballack was successful to a degree while at the club, but all the same, not really on Joses plans.), putting Grant at the helm of Chelsea FC.(he did his best all the same) not to mention the revolving door that was our manager position before finally settling on Carlo was incredible stuff from a top club.

Learn the lesson and leave well enough alone boys on the board.

Rant over.:p

As much as I appreciate roman's money you have to admit he has made some monumental mistakes. Sacking Mourinhno, apointing scolari, letting wilkins go, apointing arneson and kenyon and buying shevchenko (clearly not mourinhnos idea). Just let the manager buy players and apoint his staff, we would do better on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Carlo come to Anfield - new non Russian owners, some spends. Manage the team that gave you your worst defeat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

mike65 wrote: »
    Carlo come to Anfield - new non Russian owners, some spends. Manage the team that gave you your worst defeat :)

He's too good for Sunderland tbh.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:pac:

mike65 wrote: »

Yeah, swap with hodgson. No, wait, thats a shocking idea. *cringes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Will Essien play midweek in the champions league?

Ridiculous , I mean if RA wanted to sack Carlo, who the hell is gonna do a better job ??

Pep Guardiola ?? with the squad he has, I'd have won 6 trophies FFS,

hasn't RA learnt his lesson ??? jesus there is no better man for the job then Carlo...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

well just have to wait for the announcement of romans team to know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Would be very surprised if he didn't. He's fully fit and they'd likely want to give him game time to keep sharp for when his suspension is finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Ridiculous , I mean if RA wanted to sack Carlo, who the hell is gonna do a better job ??

Pep Guardiola ?? with the squad he has, I'd have won 6 trophies FFS,

hasn't RA learnt his lesson ??? jesus there is no better man for the job then Carlo...

Why would Pep take Chelsea now?

IF he did leave nobody right now would offer the same as Ancelotti.

He's not going to leave tho.

Just rang carlo, he's going nowhere and had a fine spagetti for tea and a smoke (although publically he's given up if you know what I mean so 'hush hush' on that)

Le King wrote: »
    Why would Pep take Chelsea now?

IF he did leave nobody right now would offer the same as Ancelotti.

He's not going to leave tho.

Pep wouldn't but my point is who does RA think he would get and do a better job !???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just thinking there the other day.Just shows the pressures that have come into management over recent years .Whens the last time we've had a high profile player manager? Think it was ourselves with Vialli afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

What a turnaround this season for Chelsea,

They looked untouchable at the start, and I expected them to run away with the league given the form of the other big clubs.

What is Roman playing at though? you can always count on owners to come in and cause trouble when things are going smoothly,

The press conference for the Zilina game should be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

lol its all Romans fault sure.

kryogen wrote: »

Well it is, plain and simple, he has made some dodgy decisions,

McEachran starts in the holding midfield position, Essien and Obi injured, Alex rested.

Bruma starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

True, I agree with ya Kryogen, its not all down to Roman, but he does seem to have alot of yes men in a few pivotal positions in the club. I wont understand the sacking of Ray Wilkins, silly decision. If he forces Carlo to leave or has made Carlos position unattinable, in Carlos mind then he only has himself to blame if Chelsea win notthing again for a few years. Managers of Carlos ability and experience dont come along very often.
    smuckers wrote: »
    McEachran starts in the holding midfield position, Essien and Obi injured, Alex rested.

Good chance for young Josh, the three others are big losses though even in the context of the game.
    smuckers wrote: »
    Bruma starts

Good decision too, cant be worse then Paulo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I thought Essien was only suspended, didn't know he was injured too?

bullpost wrote: »
    I thought Essien was only suspended, didn't know he was injured too?

AFAIK hes only banned from the EPL, dont think he has a European ban, open to correction though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The owner is not responsible for the players performance on the field, yes he has plenty of yes men around him, most powerful men do. But he doesnt cause Drogba to miss chances, he doesnt make Kalou miss, he didnt injure Lampard Terry or Alex to my knowledge

He doesnt pick the team, he doesnt tell them how to play, though i guess you could make the argument that he could influence it if he wanted as Ancelotti has allowed owner interference before when it comes to team selection

There is no point blaming the owner blindly when the team doesnt get results on the field. its just too easy lads sorry.

Blips happen, all teams have them, its not like ye wont get back to winning ways soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Look lads, its all fine and well pointing the finger at RA but don't forget one thing here, Chelsea would most likely have never won the PL, gotten to the champions league final, if he hadn't come in. He Threw money at this club like there is no tomorrow, and continues to piss money away on a daily basis at the club (wages ect)

now i'm not defending his actions at all, If he is telling managers what players / start with ect he really shouldn't be its wrong that he is but the fact is He can He has "invested" lots of money into the club and is entitled to do what he wants with it that includes doing things he shouldn't...

The problem is that if all the fans turn on him (which seems to be happening on pretty much every active football forum) he will just up everything and leave, that will leave Chelsea FC up **** creak without a paddle!!!!!

One last point, a lot of people seem to be harping on about avram grant as being his worst mistake, he should never have manager the club because he wasn't good enough, thats utter rubbish! He brought chelsea to the Champs league final, and we should have won it only for our wonderful role model captain to fluff his penalty (a penalty he shouldn't have been taking anyways but terry being the bully he is seen his name in lights[always put himself first] and stepped up) and finished 2nd in the league by 2 points! Everyone is also harping on about how great CA and how he is the long term man for the job at chelsea, well here's some interesting stats for you guys...

CA
    Games:52 Won:36 Drawn:6 Lost:10

AG
    Games:54 Won:36 Drew12 Lost:6

Rant Over :o

The owner is not responsible for the players performance on the field, yes he has plenty of yes men around him, most powerful men do. But he doesnt cause Drogba to miss chances, he doesnt make Kalou miss, he didnt injure Lampard Terry or Alex to my knowledge

He doesnt pick the team, he doesnt tell them how to play, though i guess you could make the argument that he could influence it if he wanted as Ancelotti has allowed owner interference before when it comes to team selection

There is no point blaming the owner blindly when the team doesnt get results on the field. its just too easy lads sorry.

Blips happen, all teams have them, its not like ye wont get back to winning ways soon

Thats the thing, I dont blame Roman at all for the results. I do however hold him a samll bit accountable, only a bit though. His recent actions, well the Chelsea board hasnt helped the team, but I agree totally, its not down to Roman that the players cant win a game.

At the end of the day the results come down to the 11 players that play and the manager that picks them so the buck stops with Carlo, the coaching staff and the players.

My main gripe is Roman isnt helping the harmony in the camp but I dont think he is as heavily involved as people make him out to be, he got burned when he leaned on Jose and he walked, and with Jose went League titles and alot of the success he had built on from Ranieri before him. He was replaced with Scolari who was ok, wasnt too great, Grant who had a great record but the fans never took to him, Hiddink, who would have been most fans choice to replace Jose and eventually Carlo.

Carlo wont go anytime soon, Chelsea will win games agina and be battling at the top, and Roman isnt out to undermine every manager we have, Im going bet he wants Chelsea to win and do well on all fronts.

Wow they are some stats, anyway The Guardian has a good piece on this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/22/carlo-ancelotti-chelsea-future-speculation

I don't really listen to THE TIMES (The Posh Sun).

And also if RA does leave I don't think it would necessarily leave us up **** creek, how many rich saudis would be lining up to invest in Chelsea ??

CA
    Games:52 Won:36 Drawn:6 Lost:10

AG
    Games:54 Won:36 Drew12 Lost:6

Rant Over :o

This is one of my points, Carlo has a great record, but Grant had a great record too and got the chop because we the fans didnt take to him and Roman didnt think he was the man for the job long term.

Id agree, Carlo has a much better record at such a big club.

In Carlo we trust :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

jesus lads, do ye remember watching Grant managing the team, unable to change a game, unable to make tactical substitutions, I was (and still am) of the opinion we got to final despite him not thanks to him, with that squad playing the way they did in that CL campaign it would have been next to impossible to not progress, look what he went to not achieve.. he was a joke.

what's mr hiddink up to these days I wonder?

Nice goal fest tomorrow night to get things back on the right track :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

growler wrote: »
    jesus lads, do ye remember watching Grant managing the team, unable to change a game, unable to make tactical substitutions, I was (and still am) of the opinion we got to final despite him not thanks to him, with that squad playing the way they did in that CL campaign it would have been next to impossible to not progress, look what he went to not achieve.. he was a joke.

what's mr hiddink up to these days I wonder?

Nice goal fest tomorrow night to get things back on the right track :)
    Still convident in Carlo but god id love him back as much as i would Jose

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement