Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

growler wrote: »
    jesus lads, do ye remember watching Grant managing the team, unable to change a game, unable to make tactical substitutions, I was (and still am) of the opinion we got to final despite him not thanks to him, with that squad playing the way they did in that CL campaign it would have been next to impossible to not progress, look what he went to not achieve.. he was a joke.

what's mr hiddink up to these days I wonder?

Nice goal fest tomorrow night to get things back on the right track :)

Yeah good point, I remember that the guy would leave it till the 88th minute to make an important sub - yeah well done Grant , we could have done with that in the 70th minute !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What are you on about lads Grant was a tactical genuis. :D

Ah gotta love aul Avram. :)

Anyone heading over to Newcastle? Any spares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I think this year you are feeling the effects of having to let go Deco Ballack and Carvalliho to bring wages down and try to break even due to new Uefa rules. I think Ancellotti has been great so far for ye.

Deco wanted to finish his career in Brazil and we couldn't guarentee Ricky first team football every week so there was not much we could have done about them two moving on. I personally thought we should have kept Ballack for one more season and was quite surprised that we didn't offer him an extension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cant wait to see how young Josh and Bruma get on tonight.

Its not going to be the toughest of games, hopefully anyway but its gonna be a good test for the youngsters and good experience of a home CL game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

So to sum up this article, a football manager faces the sack if results do not improve :eek:
    mike65 wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I guess the subtext is Romans apparant lack of patience, that he could be gone by January.

• Advertisement

I dont see Roman sacking Carlo, unless we go on a huge losing streak.

Carlo could walk thoughm but I dont see him doing that before at least the end of the season.

At the moment we have one of the top managers in the world, and a very good squad of players, every team goes through a bad patch in the season and this isit for us, we will turn the corner and be backing to winning ways very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

mike65 wrote: »
    I guess the subtext is Romans apparant lack of patience, that he could be gone by January.

Or Roman's apparent lack of anything except money.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Looking forward to the young guns getting a good run out tonight ,

Got a ticket for the Man U match this morning , already I cant wait :D !

Johner , I know you like your away games, Ive got 40 points I think and if there is any tickets left in the morning for the Spurs game I should be in with a shout .

Man U was 56 points on Monday and 35 Today

Spurs is 49 today , I presume somewhere in the 30's tomorrow.

Any way if you wana link into my account , feel free to pick one up

Looking forward to the young guns getting a good run out tonight ,

Got a ticket for the Man U match this morning , already I cant wait :D !

Johner , I know you like your away games, Ive got 40 points I think and if there is any tickets left in the morning for the Spurs game I should be in with a shout .

Man U was 56 points on Monday and 35 Today

Spurs is 49 today , I presume somewhere in the 30's tomorrow.

Any way if you wana link into my account , feel free to pick one up

Cheers for that mate, I might pick one up, I'll let you know though. :)

I've got 23 points would be delighted if the points came down to that tomorrow for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Looking forward to the youngster play tonight, specially McCreachan (sp) and Bruma who i think are very good long term prospects and need the game time if our bench is to become the strength it once was.

Turnbull to start between sticks - SSN

Might as well give him a chance, the way our injuries are going all were short is to lose Cech, who has been immense this season when called upon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Elmander in January, anyone?

Elmander in January, anyone?

Really :eek:

Not for me anyway, I think hes a decent player but we should be looking to Kalou, Sturridge, Kaluta, Borini to come through and fill the boots of Anelka, Drogba and Malouda in a few years.

I can see the appeal of Elmander, he could hold up the ball and bring others in but I just dont know if hes able to do it reguarly and hit 20-25 league goals on a season by season basis as the out an out front man.

I would however take Cahill from Bolton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Obaraten wrote: »
    How do ye reckon the youngsters will do?

For me Josh looks well up to the level and pace of the EPL and CL when he has made his little cameo's but now hes getting a start I hope he can continue showing us all what we can look forward to, hes a special talent and I fully think he will look like a seasoned pro tonight.

Bruma looks decent too, any of the reserve games or highlights ive seen in the past he always showed good understanding of the game, hope he can keep a clean sheet and give him some real confidence too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If Sturridge is starting he really needs to put in a decent shift. 1-2 goals would do him the world of good, he's never really hit full gear while with us.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    If Sturridge is starting he really needs to put in a decent shift. 1-2 goals would do him the world of good, he's never really hit full gear while with us.

Agreed, hopefully Danny can either bang one in or have a hand and hopefully play so well he gets a look in at the weekend.

Kakuta too hasnt looked the same since his injury last year, actually, he had a very good U19 tournament with France, but i dont think he has fully grasped this level yet, I really hope he does, his natural ability and technique is second to none, I think we need to find him a set position.

He seem to flourish as a wide man with a free role for the French team and t younger levels he was like a second striker who didnt have defensive duties, i think thats his main downfall is that its not his nature to going back to his own goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Btw lads do ye know if there is a Chelsea supporters club in the midlands?preferably Laois or even in Kildare would do..

I think theres one in portlaoise, not totally sure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »
    Cheers for that mate, I might pick one up, I'll let you know though. :)

I've got 23 points would be delighted if the points came down to that tomorrow for United.

Typical, its 25 points for tomorrow , hopefully there is still some left for Thursday.

37 points tomorrow for the Spurs game

Typical, its 25 points for tomorrow , hopefully there is still some left for Thursday.

Hope so! If I manage to get a ticket for Newcastle then I don't think I'll do Spurs, I will let you know if I use the account for Spurs though.

Team,

Chelsea: Turnbull, Ferreira, Ivanovic, Bruma, Van Aanholt, Ramires, McEachran, Malouda, Sturridge, Drogba, Kakuta. Subs: Hilario, Mikel, Kalou, Anelka, Clifford, Mellis, Sala.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

looking forward to this .... Josh ;), Van aanholt, Bruma, and Kakuta ;). Hope Bruma proves me wrong - he's looked short of the level required whwn I've seen him lately - so this will be very interesting. WTF is wrong with Boswingwa now? Would have been nice to see him contine his comeback. Not that it matters too much - please win Chels - right now we need a performance!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

How come Conor Clifford isn't in the squad tonight-is he injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

They extended his loan to Plymouth til end of December. Their forum are very impressed with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Cheers-missed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

It sucks to be a chelsea Fan right now, young kids or not, we are getting beat by the Group whipping boys!!!

• Advertisement

Happy with that, Van Aanholt was my motm thought he was super! Josh had a great game as did Sturridge, Kakuta was very poor again.

Decent result tonight.

Could be worse, could be Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Happy with that, Van Aanholt was my motm thought he was super! Josh had a great game as did Sturridge, Kakuta was very poor again.

A bit harsh on Gael mate, despite 2 crap corners he was involved in our good play in first half.

smuckers wrote: »
    A bit harsh on Gael mate, despite 2 crap corners he was involved in our good play in first half.

I didn't think he did that well and the corners were just unforgivable :o, but would have liked to see him in the second half and given a bit more time than he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

you soo sound like the monkey mate:eek:
    Get behind the team,sure well have our dip in from but we have the quality to get through it

Seriously The_monkey ** slaps himself **

Nope i still think we we terrible for the majority of the first half :o

Van Aanholt had an excellent game ,
    Josh was great
    Sturridge was great and I think he might of got another had he stayed on .

Kakuta kept coming in from the flanks to a congested central position , I would of liked to see carlo switch him over to the other wing before taking him off, taught he had his moments where he looked good and would of liked to seen him for the full game.

Wont do his confidence much good , realistically I think his best position role is the exact same role that Malouda plays

Ramires had a solid second half ,poor enough first

Bruma didnt have to much to do, but did not really look out of his depth .

Im happy over all with that , Drogba looks to be getting his sharpness back,

Kalou looks better every game I see him in , he is one of them players that has all the rite things to be an amazing player , but then lets himself down with silly decisions. I still think he is going to be a big player for us

Oh and Ross looked solid between the sticks , although saying that , I missed there goal , the door bell rang with diner !

Decent game, we deserved the win. In truth it could and should have been more, between their GK and the goal frame we could have tagged on another 2 or 3 and nobody could have argued we were good for it.

Gael was average, played ok, nothing special.

Ramires got into the game when we needed him and played a good 2nd half.

Bruma didnt really get tested but anything that came his away he dealt with and looked ok, good to get game time.

Josh was very good, DM doesnt seem to be his natural position but of the 3 midfielders that started he was best suited and kept the ball moving with some simple passes coupled with spraying the ball when allowed, broke up some play too high up the field which Mikel wont be doing, very happy with his game and justified his start.

Van Aanholt had a fine game, but he didnt start that assured. Didnt seem to want to get too far forward and was on his heels a bit but he got into it and when he ran with the ball at people he had the pace and dribbling to beat people easily, our LB position seems to be covered for the future between himself and Cole and he was very unlucky not to score

Sturridge had a good game too, he can be a bit frustrating when he seems to want to beat everyone himself but he got on with it and got the goal he deserved form some of his good play, looked more likely then Drogba and Kakuta for large parts of his performance.

Good result to build on and I think it was better we had a challenge then giving a team like this a whipping, this will stand to us come the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

afraid I'm still unconvinced by Sturridge, I know he's young and all but he takes too many touches, doesn't look up to see who else might be moving and can only hit on his left foot (although he keeps getting played on the right, when he moves to the left he looks far more dangerous), could / should have had more last night if his positioning had ben better I thought.

good to get back to winning ways again , even if was a bit laborious.

Still not sure why Carlo decided to play the kids this game, surely it was more important to win this game comfortably, get the improvised-first-team-defence more time together before the Newcastle game and then send the kids out to Marseilles for a pointless game and see how they do?

• Advertisement

Got a ticket to Newcastle off cfcnet, so won't be needing the membership for Spurs mate thanks anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Got a ticket to Newcastle off cfcnet, so won't be needing the membership for Spurs mate thanks anyway. :)

how on earth do you guys afford going to so many games? Presume yer not students:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd say he was worried about further injuries to first teamers for premier league games, we cannot afford anymore slipups there whereas theres room for error in CL.
    By the time we play Marseille hopefully we should have lamps, Essien and the rest back.

Still not sure why Carlo decided to play the kids this game, surely it was more important to win this game comfortably, get the improvised-first-team-defence more time together before the Newcastle game and then send the kids out to Marseilles for a pointless game and see how they do?

how on earth do you guys afford going to so many games? Presume yer not students:P

Work. ;) I'm a distance learning student. :P

Michael Woods has joined Notts County on loan, seems to be the forgotten man around Chelsea after making first team apperances 4 years ago. Injuries really have hurt his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Michael Woods has joined Notts County on loan, seems to be the forgotten man around Chelsea after making first team apperances 4 years ago. Injuries really have hurt his career.

he's very very small from what I remember, tho that hasnt stopped McEachran i suppose, I remember a short interview with lamps a few years back saying he was best prospect coming through!!

wasnt he one of the kids we pinched from Leeds and had all the cuffufle about??

• Advertisement

Two of the best-resourced youth setups clashed today when Chelsea u15vsMan City u15 played.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1333143/Chelsea-9-Manchester-City-0-The-scoreline-caused-major-stir.html?ITO=1490

Chelsea 9 City 0

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Lukker- wrote: »
    Two of the best-resourced youth setups clashed today when Chelsea u15vsMan City u15 played.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1333143/Chelsea-9-Manchester-City-0-The-scoreline-caused-major-stir.html?ITO=1490

Chelsea 9 City 0

:pac:

Great stuff. Hopefuly some more mceachrans coming through

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Great stuff. Hopefuly some more mceachrans coming through

And a Drogba and a Lampard and a Carvalho and a Cech and we will be sorted for the future :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I hear there's a chance of the newcastle game being called off due to the weather up there being particularly bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I hear there's a chance of the newcastle game being called off due to the weather up there being particularly bad.

Weekend racing up there already off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement