Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Well if it is called off I hope they do it early enough so I don't go over for nothing. :p

Happened last year against Hull, thank god I hadn't left Dublin yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Bosser back, Zhirkov Terry annd FL still out.

He never gave a hint on what the team would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Could be good if united go top tomorrow for us, it will give us more incentive to win .. be interesting for a change to be chasing the lead more then defending it .

Few weeks ago when united dropped 2 points against Villa, I think we relaxed a little, ah yeah home to sunderland easy guaranteed 3 points .... whooops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

the_monkey wrote: »
    Could be good if united go top tomorrow for us, it will give us more incentive to win .. be interesting for a change to be chasing the lead more then defending it .

You say this now, but if it happens you'll have an embarrassing public meltdown of Kevin Keegan-esque proportions.

flahavaj wrote: »
    You say this now, but if it happens you'll have an embarrassing public meltdown of Kevin Keegan-esque proportions.

Well I just hope if the game is put off it wont be too long - I hate these games in hand cr*p

:D:D !! Well I must say I'm getting more used to defeats and am more postive about things, at the end of the day it's still November and we are joint top and none of our rivals are playing spectacular either !!

Come on you BLUES!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The next 6 games for all of the top 3/4 teams could play a huge role in where the title ends up this season, we all ( Chelsea, United, Arsenal, City ) have a tough and trivky fixture list coming up and if anyone team can collect maximum points or go unbeaten and win the majority of them I can see them going a few points clear at the top.

I cant wait for the next few weeks, bring it all on people, if ye want to take the title from us ye're going have to work for it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

:D:D !! Well I must say I'm getting more used to defeats and am more postive about things, at the end of the day it's still November and we are joint top and none of our rivals are playing spectacular either !!

Come on you BLUES!!

think the_monkey's account's been hacked / or he's very ill

of course it wouldn't be great if Utd went top, it would be much better if they lost :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

growler wrote: »
    think the_monkey's account's been hacked / or he's very ill

of course it wouldn't be great if Utd went top, it would be much better if they lost :-)

you obviously don't know the monkey very well ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Frank Arnesen is leaving at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

the manager revealing his line-up as: Petr Cech in goal, Jose Bosingwa, Alex, Branislav Ivanovic and Ashley Cole at the back, Ramires, John Mikel Obi and Florent Malouda in the midfield and Nicolas Anelka, Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou as the front three.

From the website.

Pretty solid by all accounts I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

papagormo wrote: »
    the manager revealing his line-up as: Petr Cech in goal, Jose Bosingwa, Alex, Branislav Ivanovic and Ashley Cole at the back, Ramires, John Mikel Obi and Florent Malouda in the midfield and Nicolas Anelka, Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou as the front three.

From the website.

Pretty solid by all accounts I think.

balls why didnt i read this thread till now just changed my ff captain from drogba to malouda

So this is what 3rd place feels like, its been a while!:D
    Ahh well, hopefully back to normal come tomorrow evening time.

Jack Cork just scored the winner for Burnley against Derby with a good header.

Kind of hope there isn't truth in this story, quite like Carlo, he seems to have the squad behind him, and a bit of stability is all thats needed.

papagormo wrote: »
    Kind of hope there isn't truth in this story, quite like Carlo, he seems to have the squad behind him, and a bit of stability is all thats needed.

The exact same story but with United was run a few weeks ago. Wouldn't read much into it at all tbh.

It's rubbish, can't see him leaving Barca anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Essien can't come back soon enough, the midfield at the moment is non existant, there's just a massive void between the defenders and strikers.

Surely we've used up a seasons worth of bad luck in the last 2 games? It's inexplicable how we haven't won both, never mind either, of them.

Essien wrote: »
    Surely we've used up a seasons worth of bad luck in the last 2 games? It's inexplicable how we haven't won both, never mind either, of them.

I know, my f*cking negativity was correct, I said a few weeeks back we'd get 1/6 from these 2 games....

:(

If the sack Ancellotti that's it ill never support CFC again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Complete joke, Essien's sending off cost us at least 6 points..

It's not unlucky we just arent clinical enough.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Complete joke, Essien's sending off cost us at least 6 points..

Its sickening alright, so needless in the context of that game too, he'll be back next week and in a few weeks we'll be fine again.

Let United have their circle jerk in November, we don't need to convince anyone of what our full strength team is capable of, when we're back on top in May we'll be laughing again.

Johner wrote: »
    It's not unlucky we just arent clinical enough.

Its a lot of things, but you can't say we havn't been incredibly unlucky in the last 2 games.
    The lack of Essien and Lampard mean opposition defences have nothing to worry about from our midfield, this leads them to focusing all their efforts into stopping our strikers, which they have done.
    It just seems like all the **** has hit the fan at once, Essien suspended, Terry Injured, Malouda and Drogba's poorest form in over a year. You can't compensate for that, but at the same time we know it won't last forever, hence my confidence.

Its a lot of things, but you can't say we havn't been incredibly unlucky in the last 2 games.
    The lack of Essien and Lampard mean opposition defences have nothing to worry about from our midfield, this leads them to focusing all their efforts into stopping our strikers, which they have done.
    It just seems like all the **** has hit the fan at once, Essien suspended, Terry Injured, Malouda and Drogba's poorest form in over a year. You can't compensate for that, but at the same time we know it won't last forever, hence my confidence.

Away to spurs soon !!! then united be 5 pts clear, so when we play united we'll be playing to cut the gap to 2 again..

United's title ... all over, I'll bookmark this post and check it again in May..

Away to spurs soon !!! then united be 5 pts clear, so when we play united we'll be playing to cut the gap to 2 again..

United's title ... all over, I'll bookmark this post and check it again in May..

So will I

• Advertisement

With Terry,Lamps and Essien to come back things will only get better.

We lacked in the final third today and we bady miss Frank, I actually thought Ramieres had a pretty decent second half.
    Kalous miss dear oh dear. :rolleyes:

With Terry,Lamps and Essien to come back things will only get better.

Thats more like it.

Oh and stay out of that United thread, you could get something in your hair.

theressomethingaboutmary1.jpg

:D

Despite dropping two points, I'm actually relieved in a sense because I thought we put on a good display. Bar the complete and utter hash up between Alex and Cech, we were literally all over Newcastle for the entire game (bar 10mins after they scored). Bosingwa and Cole were like lightening up and down at times, Raimeres really got stuck in, Malouda didn't look out of place, although its a pity he didn't swap sides earlier, as I thought he had more luck when he did.

Was listening to Newstalk after and the commentator suggested Anelka didn't do anything, did I not see him dropping back and winning the ball, then bringing it forward umpteen times throughout the game? Drogba was the only player I'd consider to be out of sorts, thought Danny was coming on to replace him if I'm honest.

Loosing Alex is going to be a massive blow no question, but I think todays game was a real positive glimmer of the Chelsea play that we are used to, and hopefully at home to Everton next up, Essien will be back to strengthen the midfield, if we can continue the game play we showed today and start banging in the chances we are creating, I think we will have every chance of putting it up to United/Arsenal/Spurs.

That Kalou miss was just shocking.

• Advertisement

Lads, i think ill be taking a weeks holiday from this forum ....

Ill post after the Evertion game..

Lads, i think ill be taking a weeks holiday from this forum ....

Ill post after the Evertion game..

What a hero.

I see Liverpool are leading at Spurs, I hope we can play like this at WHL ... Then again I have a feeling Spurs will play like footballing gods in 2 weeks...

I see Liverpool are leading at Spurs, I hope we can play like this at WHL ... Then again I have a feeling Spurs will play like footballing gods in 2 weeks...

They run so hot and cold you just never know what to expect from them, I'd never bet for or against them tbh.

They run so hot and cold you just never know what to expect from them, I'd never bet for or against them tbh.

Well it is encouraging , if Liverpool can get a win there then we can - but of course football doesn't follow this logic ...

:mad:

Ipswich at home in the 3rd round of the cup, be good to give Keane and his boys a good thrashing, although can't see us thrashing anybody with the way things are going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

will any of lampard terry and essien make that game at WHL on Dec 12th? , how close are all 3 to coming back?

BERBA wrote: »
    will any of lampard terry and essien make that game at WHL on Dec 12th? , how close are all 3 to coming back?

Lampard and Terry back next week apparently, Essien's suspension is over.

Will VDV be fit I wonder is the big question?;)

BERBA wrote: »

Essien is only suspended afaik, so he should be available. I haven't a clue about JT and Lampard tbh.

Ipswich at home in the 3rd round of the cup, be good to give Keane and his boys a good thrashing, although can't see us thrashing anybody with the way things are going.

Today was an improvement ... we got beat by Sunderland, we got beat by Birmingham , now we draw against NewCastle !! We are on the way back up !!

we have had a season of bad luck in 3 games, now we are due some amount of good luck ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Lampard and Terry back next week apparently, Essien's suspension is over.

Will VDV be fit I wonder is the big question?;)

Thanks for the update and Lamps and Terry, taking Junior over to the Everton game so hopefully a full 3 points in the bag from what will be a tough game.

Essien is only suspended afaik, so he should be available. I haven't a clue about JT and Lampard tbh.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6537130,00.html
    Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti hopes to have key duo John Terry and Frank Lampard back in action next week to kickstart the champions' faltering title hopes.

Terry has missed the last three games with a nerve problem in his leg, while Lampard has been a long-term absentee with a groin injury.

However, Ancelotti revealed after Sunday afternoon's 1-1 draw at Newcastle that both are expected to resume training this week, and Terry in particular could be available for next weekend's clash with Everton.

He said: "Next week for him [Terry] and Lampard will be an important week. They will start to train with the team.

"We have a week to control their condition and I hope both, maybe more John Terry than Lampard, will be able to play against Everton.

"They are very important players, not just technically, but because they have personality and character, and at the moment, we need to have that kind of player at our disposal."

The news will come as a boost to the Blues, who left Tyneside having seen their recent league run extended to just one win in five attempts, a return which leaves them in second place.

To compound their disappointment, the plane on which they were due to fly back to London was stranded in Aberdeen by bad weather, meaning a long coach journey home.

Fingers crossed that Lampard makes it back without any problems, this has to be the longest period in his career that he has been out injured and I just hope he gets back to scoring goals and playing well soon after he returns, we really have missed him this season, what a fantastic player for us he has been and without a doubt one of the best signings this club has ever made. His goalscoring record would make a top striker proud.

Well thank christ we won't face Barça in the next round, after seeing that match, I mean it was school boys v Barça ??? who can possibly beat them ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Well thank christ we won't face Barça in the next round, after seeing that match, I mean it was school boys v Barça ??? who can possibly beat them ??

A very good team that can hold the ball and pass with confidence that their team player will actually receive it ;)

Was an awesome display though, that first goal by Xvai was class instruction for the younger generation, ;)

More good news, Sunderland reserves beat ours 3-1 at Cobham...

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2233347,00.html

No team is unbeatable, as Inter showed last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

• Advertisement

Terry should be back for Everton but Lamps is still out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement