Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

My god , I thought i was negative but take a look at the http://forums.cfcnet.co.uk forums , jesus think ill stay away from there
    from now on, general consensus seems to be that we will be lucky to finish 4th , quarter finals max in the CL !! Christ they make me look positive, all it takes is one big win and we are right back in it ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Just out of curiosity, what do people think is the difference (if any) between our team this season and last? I know what my answer is, I'm just curious what the rest of you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Carvalho for me. And an injured Lampard.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Lampard's the only thing I see.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ballack has been a loss also. The importance of experience can't be understated. Ancelotti wanted to keep him, but there was no contract offer. He would be a better CM option than what we have now with Lamps injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Yesterday's performance was very much of two halves; steely and determined and playing well for the first half... falling to pieces, nervy, indecisive and shocking at the back. Baines, Cahill, et al were given far too much room for manouevering and attacking. That is was our former Academy man to score Everton's equaliser was even more of a sickener.

Also, myself, CHD and Aden made it to the game (despite cancelled flights, me nearly forgetting the tickets to the game, losing the two boys on the Fulham Road, them spending every penny they possessed on drink and/or merchandise, the 3 of us like zombies from lack of sleep and so on... good times) as well... but my Android wouldn't work in England for ages so couldn't post from the game at half-time as promised... when I would have been a damn sight more optimistic than I am now!!!

OK this is what England Chelsea need ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

with lamps and essien back in the team we'll be winning these games that we're drawing or losing!!

drogba in fairness has been a shell of his former self since the malaria business, hope he gets back to playing well, i thought we were going to be seeing a new drogba after that surgery he had, no sign of it yet!!

I want to see us signing a rake of young quality talent this summer, especially a striker and an attacking midfielder!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

LanceStorm wrote: »
    with lamps and essien back in the team we'll be winning these games that we're drawing or losing!!

This IMO^^

Its why I'm not as concerned as others seem to be. To answer my own question I think there is feck all difference between this year and last apart from an injured Lampard. If it wasn't for JT and Alex both getting injured at once I don't think we'd be talking about Carvalho.

Everybody's talking about what United are capable of when they hit form, people seem to be forgetting what we're capable of when we hit form.

Everybody relax :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Im very relaxed :)

As i siad to the United/Arsenal/City fans when we looked like we were going to runa way with it, its a long season and nothing is over yet, same applies to us now lads, long season, December is going to be cruical and Lamps is nearly back ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

According to a chelsea chatter the players are angry that Wilkins got the boot but are even more upset that Carlo didn't stand up to the board.
    Frank hopefully back for Spuds at the weekend.
    Kakuta very close to signing a new contract, only one stumbling block.

smuckers wrote: »
    According to a chelsea chatter the players are angry that Wilkins got the boot but are even more upset that Carlo didn't stand up to the board.
    Frank hopefully back for Spuds at the weekend.
    Kakuta very close to signing a new contract, only one stumbling block.

What stumbling block ?

That I wasn't told

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Most frustrating thing at the moment is the combination of low morale and lack of direction...............not surprised that Carlo was disgusted at the long-ball crap played in 2nd half on Sat. but surely indicates a huge breakdown in player-manager relations when they play well 1st half, come in 1-0 up, presumably msg. "was more of the same lads", and then as soon as Everton step it up a bit in the 2nd half, we look a complete shambles. Little or no tackling, no tracking back, no bloody fire in their bellies !

To see lofted inaccurate crosses from both left and right sides, no-one in the middle looking to make runs.....rubbish ! The one time we got in behind them, we should have made it 2-0...........would have been undeserved but just might have kick-started a revival in confidence for one thing.

Drogba talks about getting his act together but the first thing the players need to do is make it clear they ARE a team, that they're playing for Carlo, and most importantly that they're playing for the shirt - they way they were out-fought on Sat. was frankly embarrassing and not good enough from our so-called galaxy of big-name "stars".

Yes, many are pissed-off the way Wilkins dismissal was handled, but in the meantime, they need to re-focus on what they get big money to do i.e. play and win football matches ! Bring on the Spurs at WHL (sadly, the days of fondly referring to it as "3-point Lane" appear over for now !

<snip> - drunken post ...

Sorry but im gonna keep posting this till we get results...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

the_monkey wrote: »
    Sorry but im gonna keep posting this till we get results...

wouldn't recommend do you TBH.

Happy B-day JT, 30 today!

Away in France tonight, I'd love another victory, keep up the 100% record so far in the CL.

Its a welcome distraction from the not so great recent EPL results, but lets not take this game too lightly, at the bridge we deserved to beat Marseille, at home Marseille are a different animal and I can see Carlo playing a mix of youth and experience in this tricky away game. The atmosphere should be very lively too.

gavredking wrote: »
    Away in France tonight, I'd love another victory, keep up the 100% record so far in the CL.

Its a welcome distraction from the not so great recent EPL results, but lets not take this game too lightly, at the bridge we deserved to beat Marseille, at home Marseille are a different animal and I can see Carlo playing a mix of youth and experience in this tricky away game. The atmosphere should be very lively too.

It's one of them games where it's hard to know what team to play.

Play the kids and 'lesser' players to give them a run out and rest the big guns for the difficult Prem games coming up... or play a full strength team to (hopefully) give them a good experience in banging in a few goals maybe?

But nothing's for granted lately. Play a full strength side and you could still get hopped off 3-0 by Marseille...

I'd play a mixture... team I'd like to see...

Turnbull
    Bosingwa
    Bruma
    Terry
    Van Aanholt
    Mikel
    Zhirkov
    Kakuta
    Kalou
    Anelka
    Sturridge

Something like that. Ish... maybe. I dunno what I want, tbh...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

DazMarz wrote: »

Play the kids and 'lesser' players to give them a run out and rest the big guns for the difficult Prem games coming up... or play a full strength team to (hopefully) give them a good experience in banging in a few goals maybe?

But nothing's for granted lately. Play a full strength side and you could still get hopped off 3-0 by Marseille...

Turnbull
    Bosingwa
    Bruma
    Terry
    Van Aanholt
    Mikel
    Zhirkov
    Kakuta
    Kalou
    Anelka
    Sturridge

Zhrikov and Anelka are definitely not travelling. Drogba will most likely start. Personally I would like to see McEachran play alongside Essien as I feel his presnce would give him a great option to play quick one two's and should give him more protection. I reckon Sturridge and Kalou both may start with Malouda on the bench. Not sure if Bruma will start but Van Aanholt is a certainty at left back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Drogba has to play tonight if fit. He is an absolute hero to the Marseille supporters. He needs to get back to 100% anyway and the more matches the better for him at the moment.

Its a moody one tonight - result totally irelevant - though the morale booster of a few goals and a performance is no to be under estimated. But that would be totally undermined if we won 3-0 say - and picked up injuries to the likes of Cech, Terry, Ivanovich or Drogba. these 4 in particular are vital for the next month. The others are mix and match for me at the moment.
    Hope Josh starts and shows what he can do, and would dearly love to see Kakuta step up a bit. These guys could all be called upon over the next few weeks, if games need changing.
    Come on Chels - back among the goals please!

Turnbull
    Bosingwa
    Bruma
    Terry
    Van Aanholt
    Mikel
    Zhirkov
    Kakuta
    Kalou
    Anelka
    Sturridge

I know what I want, not to lose this agme and to take 3 points at the weekend, we are topping this group anyway so mixing it up with the team seems like the best option.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Zhrikov and Anelka are definitely not travelling. Drogba will most likely start. Personally I would like to see McEachran play alongside Essien as I feel his presnce would give him a great option to play quick one two's and should give him more protection. I reckon Sturridge and Kalou both may start with Malouda on the bench. Not sure if Bruma will start but Van Aanholt is a certainty at left back.

Good call for McEachran to play, not sure about Kakuta, but id love for him to put in a decent performance, same from Sturridge, a good solid display, dont give it away and use the it well when they have it. Hope Van Aanholt has another fine performance, help him develop and bring him on.

This has been poor so far but we should have had 2 pennos, one which was give and then not given. 2. one which was a stone wall.
    Only Ivan JT and Josh showing some bite

Balls Bos is injured again :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We have been poor tonight, but seriously that ref if a ****ing joke, and we really aren't getting any luck at all with the ball deflecting right into their strikers path from a poor cross by their winger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Balls Bos is injured again :mad:

He's a bit of a liability tbh, I think your defence always looks much more dodgy when he's at RB rather then Ivanovic.

Stupid shíte going on tonight, playing so many high-profile players with such big games coming up, and it has bitten badly, as Bosingwa limped off with 77 minutes gone.

This was the game that was a perfect opportunity to turn the tide, to get a result and to get things moving back in the right direction. While not terrible, the performance tonight would not inspire confidence. This was also as damn near a full-strength side as you could get with the players who were there, barring Mikel's ommission.

Spurs this weekend is going to be a huge test; if Bosingwa is out again, Bale is going to have a riot down our right flank. Ivanovic will have to be moved out to RB; Ferreira can't be trusted with that duty at all. Bale, one of the most in-form players around, would run rings around Ferreira.

Man United the following week, followed by Arsenal after Xmas... These are games that will define the season. Anything less that 4 points (which isn't great) is an absolute disaster. 6 points would be a dream. 9 points, I honestly think, would be impossible. Anything less than 4 is an absolute, unmittigated disaster.

Tonight's performance was sub-par, but not utterly bad as previous ones have been. But more defensive frailties have been exposed and exploited, and this by Marseille. Spurs, Arsenal and United will be watching this and learning.

The big names and the big players will have to stand up NOW and make sure that the next few Premier League games do not go down as the games where the Champions were knocked off their perch; surely not in December!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Guys, no match thread today? I have to say Taiwo who plays for Marseille is BRILLIANT!

what a load of cack, we didn't have a single chance in the second, Josh the only one to try and get things going.

• Advertisement

Dearie Dearie me ..... how can we have so little to offer. Get back quick Frank - Essien is finished!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Dearie Dearie me ..... how can we have so little to offer. Get back quick Frank - Essien is finished!
    Eh I'll take him off your hands:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

is Lamps back for Spurs this weekend?

3 point lane is no more. :( Not looking forward to Sundays game, this game worries more than United and Arsenal games.

BERBA wrote: »
    is Lamps back for Spurs this weekend?

Can't see it, hope he is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Where to from here?
    Chelsea go from being dominant and sublime in the early to mid stages of this season in both leagues to being an defensively exposed outfit.
    Was at the Sunderland match with Junior for his first match and at the Everton game just gone (that was a game of two halves), We have to find that mean ruthless streak next week end or kiss goodbye to this season. Teams will walk all over us.
    Have to say that if Ancelotti cannot us get to Jan 1st in 2nd or top spot he will be gone.

Anyone who thinks getting rid of CA would be good, or that he will be got rid of, needs to cop on.

Tough times ahead, and we can only hope for a turnaround. Hope is all we have at this stage, IMO.

C'mon JT, celebrate turning 30 by getting a few points racked up!!!!

Rambo ramjet and Essien were so so poor, Josh should start Sunday and if Frank is fit I'd play him josh and Obi, but Josh won't start.
    Drogbas attitude is awful and Malouda is not too far behind.
    I think we now have serious problems and if we don't beat Spurs, then Carlo's job I'm afraid is on the line.:(

smuckers wrote: »
    then Carlo's job I'm afraid is on the line.:(

what a load of rubbish :confused:, the bloke won chelsea the double not so long ago

• Advertisement

The next 3 games will define the Champions' season. That is a fact. The poor run must finish tonight. That has to be the last poor game they have in 2010, and for a while into 2011. Otherwise the soubriquet of 'Champions' could be well and truly gone come May 2011.

Good, solid performances are now needed. Victory is essential as well, but more than that, good performances are also needed, particularly at the back. Lamps and JT are the two biggest, most influential players in that dressing room and they need to kick the rest of them into touch and get them moving again.

what a load of rubbish :confused:, the bloke won chelsea the double not so long ago

It is a load of rubbish, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Abramovich gave him the chop.

well hopefully he can sort out things, he did last season.

Eh I'll take him off your hands:eek:

20m and he's yours!

20m and he's yours!

Try 30m+.

Essien is one of the best players we have, only coming back from injury, so he's not firing on all cylinders just yet. Give it time.

Try 30m+.

Essien is one of the best players we have, only coming back from injury, so he's not firing on all cylinders just yet. Give it time.

what about 5m robbie keane & david bentley :D

• Advertisement

How could anyone consider selling Essien to anyone for any amount :confused:

Don't have a clue.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Try 30m+.

He said 20m first I'm on the phone to Harry in between his historical laughter he's trying to call Levy on the landline to wire the money through :p

Try 30m+.

what about 5m robbie keane & david bentley :D
    Johner wrote: »
    Don't have a clue.:confused:
    BECAUSE .... He has made Ramieres look effective all season. Bar the 2 headed goals at West Ham - he has been totally anonymous. In his prime (2 seasons ago) he was a monster - but its not there anymore - i hope he proves me wrong, but a 17 year old boy is outshining him now. AND I thought I was Sentimental. Watch the games. There's something wrong here.

He's had 22 games (-3 for gross stupidity v Fulham) . How long is his recovery going to take? Season's over for Lampard then!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

It is a load of rubbish, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Abramovich gave him the chop.

We'll take Carlo up at St. James' if Abramovich doesn't want him :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement