Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Think with a Draw tomorrow night this is a good result considering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Never robbed mate Dean gave the correct decision and Drogba failed to convert I thought a draw was probably fair though I am disappointed we didn't win

You're right, it is the Chelsea bias in me that says robbed, but f*ck im gutted, i was happy enough for it to end 1-1 only for victory to be cruelly waved in front of our face and then it to be snatched away by a save from Gomes...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ah give over monkey...... your now on my ignore list now, i've had enough of you thread spoiling massive bold posts....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

the_monkey wrote: »
    F*CK!!!!

And I was really happy at 1-1, then to miss a peno in 92nd min just kills it for me .... gutted gutted gutted ...

and worst of all -- ROBBED ...

you should be happy monkey , first point at the lane in 3 seasons!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

WE'RE BACK!!!! Play like that against UTD and we'll Kill them!! Well done - and JT was immense! (Anelka can F*uck off though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'm an awful lot more confident about the United match after seeing the immediate impact of Lampards return. I dont care about tomorrow night, a draw would be ideal but its not the end of the world if its not.

The next 2 games are massive but I'm genuinely confident we can win both, I wasn't at all confident today but was pleasantly surprised, a little luck there and we get all 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

WE'RE BACK!!!! Play like that against UTD and we'll Kill them!! Well done - and JT was immense! (Anelka can F*uck off though)

Deluded post of the day?

Spurs should have scored at least another two goals today.
    If United play anything like they're capable of they should provide a much sterner examination of Chlesea next Sunday.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

What is with the stupid size fonts? Honestly.

Really think Lampard should have told Drogba to **** off. Tried the same thing last season trying to take the penalty in the last game. It's all about me-me-me with him.

cson wrote: »
    Really think Lampard should have told Drogba to **** off. Tried the same thing last season trying to take the penalty in the last game. It's all about me-me-me with him.

Ya can sing that. It couldn't have been anymore perfect a platform for Lampard to announce his return and Drogba still has to take it, his attitude is infuriating at times. Also, Lampard is a much better peno taker.

nullzero wrote: »
    Deluded post of the day?

If United play anything like they're capable of they should provide a much sterner examination of Chlesea next Sunday.
    And how often have UTD played to their capability this season! You watch .... that was so much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Deluded post of the day?

But they didnt! You could say the same of Chelsea, should have scored a hatful against Brum.
    We came back into it very well I thought, a point more than we got last season there. Just need that bit of luck
    I do think he needs to drop Anelka and give Sturridge a go

Front 3 of Malouda, Drogba and Sturridge - but I dont think Carlo will. Well done Paulo and Ramieres - did much better than anticipated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Happy with the performance, first time in a while that we showed some grit and determination.

Lampard back is a massive massive boost.

When we beat Arsenal and Utd, things will start to look alot more rosy.

Front 3 of Malouda, Drogba and Sturridge - but I dont think Carlo will. Well done Paulo and Ramieres - did much better than anticipated!

Agreed, besides one slip early on Ferreira was immense. Bale is always going to get some space given that he is probably the fastest player in the league, but they were certainly extremely limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Agreed about the performace thought we played well, a lot more confident about the United game than I was before today.

Draw tomorrow please, but if there has to be a winner I'd prefer Arsenal to win.

To be fair if both teams play like we know they can next week I'd put my house on a Chelsea win. Neither team are at the top of their game though so we don't know what to expect. I'm confident of another improvement next week and 3 points.

x 1;)

We are going to buy Tevez. :pac:

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a16987_chelsea-real-madrid-alert-after-tevez-transfer-request

Never knew Tevez was from SW6. :pac:

Yeah at least this is the toughest game imo over, and we could have won this one.
    United at home I think is easier then Spurs away, and Arsenal - well maybe I should be but not worried about them - no disrespect to the gooners but just think we own them atm...

Well done Paulo and Ramieres - did much better than anticipated!

I can't bring myself to praise them, along with Anelka, I seemed to be giving out most about those 2 again today. While they both improved, they still weren't good enough. Hopefully now with Lamps back Ramires doesn't have to spend so much time in the deep end, I haven't completely lost faith in him. Paolo needs to go though, as soon as we get adequate cover in defense he should be shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

We have Drogba.He's enough to try and handle.Two players with ego's that big in the one team would end the world as we know it :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Im always found of giving Ferreira a good bashing but he stood up well today ,

Happy with the result , but it was hard to miss a peno that late in the game.

Now if the weather lets me I am looking forward to being the Matthew Harding upper next Sunday

JT was excellent again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Lukker- wrote: »
    Happy with the performance, first time in a while that we showed some grit and determination.

Lampard back is a massive massive boost.

When we beat Arsenal and Utd, things will start to look alot more rosy.

What will you say if that doesn't happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Really enjoyed the game some great attacking play. Ess Nic and Malouda were poor today, alot of credit for Ramieres and Ferreria, we desperately need a striekr in the window

the_monkey wrote: »
    Yeah at least this is the toughest game imo over, and we could have won this one.

Strangely enough I think the same, I was more worried about this one than the next 2 for some reason.

well done JT outstanding.

°°°°°

Essien wrote: »
    To be fair if both teams play like we know they can next week I'd put my house on a Chelsea win. Neither team are at the top of their game though so we don't know what to expect. I'm confident of another improvement next week and 3 points.

The way your lot have been playing lately I'd say you should be happy with a draw but anything can happen in a game. It should at least be interesting.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

But they didnt! You could say the same of Chelsea, should have scored a hatful against Brum.
    We came back into it very well I thought, a point more than we got last season there. Just need that bit of luck
    I do think he needs to drop Anelka and give Sturridge a go

Luck?
    At the start of the sean Chelsea made their own luck by having the right attitude, there's something amiss with your side and you'd be mad not to see it.

Chelsea have the ability to bounce back, but right now they're showing no signs of it.

Glazers Out!

Luck?
    At the start of the sean Chelsea made their own luck by having the right attitude, there's something amiss with your side and you'd be mad not to see it.

Chelsea have the ability to bounce back, but right now they're showing no signs of it.

We played well today giving us more confidence for next week's game, whats not to get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Luck?

We had an easy run at the start of the season and did what we had to do.
    But no team can win every game and every team hits a dodgy patch.
    The league is no pushover, and plenty of teams are capable of taking points off one another. Its going to be a long season, but I still think we can do it. Super Frank has had a nice long rest now and any team would miss the 15-20 goals that he provides.
    Yes we have played badly and lost, but we have also played well and lost or drawn. I'm not worried, cos in some of those games we have played with heart and desire.
    Finally, no team is in anything like a run of form, Man U, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs are similer. Win, draw, draw, Lose, Win etc.
    Any team within 9 points of the top can still win it.
    Fergie, though I hate him but still admire his history, is right. You wait till Easter and then look around you.
    Chelsea will take a lot out of that draw, they know they should have won against a very good side and that, along with Frank back, will give them confidence. Man U arent playing well, so anything could happen.
    Its a great league isnt it? For a chelsea fan, its a bit like being back in the 70's or 80's. You get your hopes up, but that winning goal, just doesnt come along or you concede in the last 5 mins.
    Thats what changed with Mourinho, suddenly we started coming back and winning games or actually not losing or drawing from being 1-0 or 2-0 up.
    It actually took a while to adjust to that! Now we expect it.

Luck?

Well I think today we did show this ??

We were unlucky not to win, and we played very well, esp in the 2nd half.

1st time in years we have picked up a point in WHL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well I think we did enough to win that game yesterday. Gutted if im honest. I would have loved Lamps to have taken the penalty and if he had scored the place would have just erupted, well the away end ;)

Unlucky though by Drogba, played well when he came on, was more effective then Anelka, Kalou and Malouda combined in his little cameo. I relaly fear for this team when Drogba leaves/retires.

Few positives, Ramieres played well, Paolo was much better then expected, Cole had a decent game, JT was immense, Cech was solid.

Loved the bit at the end when JT went to the Chelsea fans and uttered the word "Trophies" and lifted an imaginary trophy.

I cant wait to play Man Utd after this performance, injuries permitting we will have Lamps and Drogab starting and hopefully have Bosingwa back.

Things are looking up.

The Daily Fail are saying we are monitoring the Tevez situation. Lol.

Johner wrote: »
    The Daily Fail are saying we are monitoring the Tevez situation. Lol.

Id love it, but dont see it happening TBH. Reports have suugested hes earning about 250-290K a week which is an absolute joke if they are true, if he comes here I cam imagine it would cost 30-50million as he has still 3 1/2 years left on his contract iirc, and he would have to at least half his wage demands before anything could be considered.

Dont see it happening though.

gavredking wrote: »
    Id love it, but dont see it happening TBH. Reports have suugested hes earning about 250-290K a week which is an absolute joke if they are true, if he comes here I cam imagine it would cost 30-50million as he has still 3 1/2 years left on his contract iirc, and he would have to at least half his wage demands before anything could be considered.

Don't think I'd want him tbh, he's been a diruptive force at whatever team he's been at. Fantastic player and all but I honestly wouldn't pay him half what he gets at City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

you'd have to imagine he realizes that there is no other club in the world that would be able/willing to match those wages, so if he drops to below 200k at least then there may be some interest?

as much as I like him as a player and think he would be brilliant for us, but i think he would be very likely to throw a wobbler and want to leave us half way through the season just like city!!

Don't think I'd want him tbh, he's been a diruptive force at whatever team he's been at. Fantastic player and all but I honestly wouldn't pay him half what he gets at City.

Agreed, cracking player but could casue problems. I dont see him staying in the EPL if he leaves City. I dont think Man Utd will take him back, dont see Fergie going for that one. But the Utd baord and management team bent over for Rooney and his demands so they might make an exception and welcome Carlos back.

Next move will be Spain I think, maybe a swap for Cash + Benzema id reckon and Real might be interested.

Agreed, cracking player but could casue problems. I dont see him staying in the EPL if he leaves City. I dont think Man Utd will take him back, dont see Fergie going for that one. But the Utd baord and management team bent over for Rooney and his demands so they might make an exception and welcome Carlos back.

Next move will be Spain I think, maybe a swap for Cash + Benzema id reckon and Real might be interested.

United would never re-sign him. Too much pride at stake. I'd wager that they won't sign a player directly from City in the next decade.

LanceStorm wrote: »
    you'd have to imagine he realizes that there is no other club in the world that would be able/willing to match those wages, so if he drops to below 200k at least then there may be some interest?

as much as I like him as a player and think he would be brilliant for us, but i think he would be very likely to throw a wobbler and want to leave us half way through the season just like city!!

Only clubs that could afford half his wages qould be, AC Milan, Barca (if they sell a big earner) Real, Ourselves, Man Utd, Bayern.

So take your pick from a numebr of them, as i said already, I see him going to Real for cash and a player, possibily Benzema.

Think his main hissy fit with City is the expected players that were promised to be signed, also the lack of CL football is probably anotehr factor.

United would never re-sign him. Too much pride at stake. I'd wager that they won't sign a player directly from City in the next decade.

Well as long as Fergie is in charge I can imagine deals between the two would be very, very few and far between. :D

What do we hope for tongiht lads, Man Utd v Arsenal. I reckon a draw would suit us down to the ground.

• Advertisement

Well as long as Fergie is in charge I can imagine deals between the two would be very, very few and far between. :D

What do we hope for tongiht lads, Man Utd v Arsenal. I reckon a draw would suit us down to the ground.

yeah i think its for the best really, a draw and then we beat them both will work out just fine for me please!!

yeah i think its for the best really, a draw and then we beat them both will work out just fine for me please!!

Well the way we palyed yesterday we will play worse and win games like that. I think we have turned a corner and 6 points against Arsenal and Utd will let people know we are FAR from out of this title race.

Wonder whether we'll see Gael on the bench much now Frank is back, looks like Josh is ahead of Kakuta.

smuckers wrote: »
    Wonder whether we'll see Gael on the bench much now Frank is back, looks like Josh is ahead of Kakuta.

and rightly so im my opinion!!

I was all for getting Kakuta on my jersey this season thinking he was about to set the world alight! But he's been very much a let down in any game he's played this year, always ends up being subbed at half time which isnt a great sign!!

Josh always looked assured and confident, dosent make many mistakes, fair enough he's playing in a much different role but I think he's much more likely to be making the bench going forward!

Jason Burt (journo) on chelseatv said Carlo is going in the summer. :(

honestly cant see it happening, we need stability for a few years, someone to guide the team through the tough years to come replacing our aging squad(lamps/drogs/anelka/malouda)!!

and rightly so im my opinion!!

I was all for getting Kakuta on my jersey this season thinking he was about to set the world alight! But he's been very much a let down in any game he's played this year, always ends up being subbed at half time which isnt a great sign!!

Josh always looked assured and confident, dosent make many mistakes, fair enough he's playing in a much different role but I think he's much more likely to be making the bench going forward!

Josh is a better option to have as there is less competition in the middle for us on the bench, if you take Gael, he has to fight any one of Kalou/Sturridge for a place on the bench. But Josh has proven he has the ability so afr and his played well. Our bench should read Turnbull,Ivanovic(when Alex is back) Zhirkov,Ramieres,Josh,Kalou,Sturridge. Leaving a starting team of Cech, Jose, JT, Alex, Cole, Mikel, Essien, Lamps, Anelka, Malouda, Drogba.

Wont happen IMO. Surely Roman wont sack him and unless he walks I dont see it. I hope Carlo is here for 10+ years, once he brings success and brings in youth throught the youth system and signing some good young players too.
    honestly cant see it happening, we need stability for a few years, someone to guide the team through the tough years to come replacing our aging squad(lamps/drogs/anelka/malouda)!!

Well said Lancer.

Apparantelly the players are worried that Elmenalo will take it over, prob a load of bull****

Apparantelly the players are worried that Elmenalo will take it over, prob a load of bull****

LOL, now I'm certain that this is BS.

I actually lol, CA doesn't even look at his supposed "assistant" during the games. It's plain to see that Paul Clement is his actual assistant.

Regarding tonights game, well a draw would be best , but whatever happens there is advantages for us.

so its win win win for us tonight !! :D:D:D !!!

just read about JT going to the fans symbolising "Trophies" to the fans - what a legend, an iron LEGEND - this is a man who'd die for his club and his fans.

JT - CAPTAIN, LEADER, LEGEND!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement