Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Nope Monday!

Good one! thought it was an early on the 26th. Had myself all ready for the public house. Now it looks like an all nighter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Lawro sticking his neck out there going for an Arsenal win ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Merry Christmas lads. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hey hey all!
    wishing all the regular folks and newbies a merry xmas, I have enjoyed spinning my thoughts and feelings on the players/club that is Chelsea on this thread for the past year, and fully look forward to doing so again in 2011!

Heres to a hopefully successful new year, owww!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Merry X-Mas everyone, think we'll beat goons n Monday.

Only bit of team news Bos is available, but Zhirkov is still injured

the_monkey wrote: »
    Lawro sticking his neck out there going for an Arsenal win ???

sh*t did i post that ???

well since no one reads my boll*x shouldn't be too concerned !! ;)

Merry christmas guys...

Kerrrrist but I'm looking forward to the Arsenal game, bloody hope we see a return to form.
    JT wants a repeat performance.
    Linky.

United starting to come good now, even though there is a long way to go we cannot lose any more ground now, we simply must win tomorrow to keep up near them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

loser of tomorrow nights game is out of it imo

BERBA wrote: »
    loser of tomorrow nights game is out of it imo

Still a long way to go, but I definitely wouldn't want to be 6 points behind United having played a game more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Will be interesting to see what happens in January. Need to strengthen but can't see us signing anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ye will bully Arsenal like ye always do. 3-0 to Chelsea.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Ye will bully Arsenal like ye always do. 3-0 to Chelsea.

Wouldn't be so confident. Hopefully Lamps will give us a huge boost, because we certainly need something at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Wouldn't be so confident. Hopefully Lamps will give us a huge boost, because we certainly need something at the moment.

I think Lampards boost would be more morale than actually on the field initially. I doubt he'll be firing on all cylinders straight away.

Le King wrote: »
    I think Lampards boost would be more morale than actually on the field initially. I doubt he'll be firing on all cylinders straight away.

Hopefully he will be but it's a tough game to come into, if Drogba is on form which in fairness he usually is against Arsenal then I think we will win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Johner wrote: »
    Hopefully he will be but it's a tough game to come into, if Drogba is on form which in fairness he usually is against Arsenal then I think we will win.

I think ye will do your usually easy game against them, I hope it's far more competitive, but with Lampard's injury I wouldn't expect him, not saying anybody is, to be firing on top form or anywhere near it. I few of the Chelsea boys in work are quite fearful of his comeback in the sense that they think the injury could be quite detrimental. Regardless I'd say 3-1 to ye tomorrow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

:D:D !!!

a bit nervous about tonight, but looking forward to it ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Anyone confident lads? I'm sure as hell not. Haven't felt this nervous before a game in a long time.

Cech
    Terry
    Ivan
    Cole
    Ferreria
    Essien
    Obi
    Lamps
    Malouda
    Drogs
    Kalou.

Anelka injured no Sturridge either.

Kakuta and Josh on bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Anyone confident lads? I'm sure as hell not. Haven't felt this nervous before a game in a long time.

I'm not all that confident either for some reason, hope I'm emphatically proven wrong though

I'd happily take a boring 1 nil win.
    Hope Carlo has it drilled into them that they simply have to win this game.
    Every player needs to buck up and give it 100%

Shocking stuff not one player has played well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I miss the Chelsea of old... Please dont lose to A******.. please!

It's shocking. We have resorted to hitting long hopeful balls. Thing is I'm not at all surprised.

well guys thats it for next season, Carlo will walk now, players are a disgrace

• Advertisement

How is it even possible for a team to go so bad so quick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

As worrying as the form of your big name players are, what is equally as worrying is that your subs tonight made absolutely no impact on the game whatsoever.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    As worrying as the form of your big name players are, what is equally as worrying is that your subs tonight made absolutely no impact on the game whatsoever.

True, but the squad isn't a whole lot different to the one that dominated pretty much everyone last season and a good few albeit mediocre teams earlier this season. I put it down solely to absentees recently but they're back now and we're still as bad. Something is wrong at the club and it needs to be addressed and sorted asap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

A lot of romours around that Rafa Benitez will be taking over after tonights game. He would certainly help get ye a first champs league!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Its hard to fathom what has happened ye lads, I thought the drop in form would only last a few weeks but it seems to be ongoing.

the_monkey will be epic tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Kalou was a disgrace tonight- no interest. Mikel was having a bad game but still 100 % better than Ramieres.

• Advertisement

Main aim is to finish in top 4, sad how poor we have became in the space of a short amount of time

If we're more than 3 points behind United on March 2nd I'll write us off then but for now **** needs to be sorted out, and for the love of god don't sack Ancellotti in December! Its obviously going to happen though.

The assistant manager situation is pathetic btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Chelsea were completely rudderless tonight. The assistant situation is a skit of the highest order and ye have a squad of about 14 players. Its a damning indictment of Chelsea football club that under Abromovich's tenure and all the money spent on youth players that not one has come through and Josh McEachran looks the only one capable. Not one young player came through despite all the money spent. That's a fúcking disgrace lads ye must admit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,801 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Kalou was a disgrace tonight- no interest. Mikel was having a bad game but still 100 % better than Ramieres.

Does anyone know what happened with the assistant manager and that kettle of fish, things seem to have gone downhill since his departure, but that could be as a result of other things as well.......
    I thought Kakuta (sp) was pretty good actually. Kalou was rubbish, Malouda was disinterested and Lampard and Drogs didnt look too worried about anything either, some seriously poor defending leading to all the goals.
    The rich russian is gonna have to invest more to replace the aging core of the team and soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Chelsea haven't scored 2 goals in a match since October. Says it all really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This maybe isn't a good analogy but these days RA seems to be treating Chelsea like a very expensive car that is now running rough cos he is no longer willing to spend the money to mainstain it correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

There's more to this than meets the eye, sacking Ancelotti would not improve the team, the players need to do more... It's time for crisis talks with key players...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

mike65 wrote: »
    This maybe isn't a good analogy but these days RA seems to be treating Chelsea like a very expensive car that is now running rough cos he is no longer willing to spend the money to mainstain it correctly.
    He can't spend big anymore because the club can't keep loosing money or they won't be allowed into the champions league that's why they can't buy big and that's why they got rid of so many big earners like deco carvalho Ballack and Cole wipped about 400,000 a week off the wage bill that's over twenty million a year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I can't help but feel that Chelsea have been hamstrung by the contracts that they've commited to. The £150k a week, five year contract for John Terry should never have been signed. As good as he has been for Chelsea, that kind of money would get you Messi; and let's be frank, John Terry is no Messi, even for defender.

I can't help buy feel that Abramovich is starting to question his investment in Chelsea at this stage. He's spent an absolute fortune on Chelsea and despite the vast amount thrown at the team, it doesn't look like he ever recoup his money.

F*cking shambles allright, how the hell can the team go so sh*t so suddenly ? was this the same team that beat teams 6-0 ?? !!!

Unreal, virtually 9 pts of the top and I think the league challenge is over,

ALL IN FOR THE CL!!!!

Someone said Benitez would step in ?? :eek::eek:
    Please god don't let this be true, jesus , talk about negative long ball cr*p, if Benitez arrives it will get 10 times worse!

If this is true also about the CL not letting teams in who are in debt,
    how are Barca gonna solve that ? they are half a billion in debt ffs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

F*cking shambles allright, how the hell can the team go so sh*t so suddenly ? was this the same team that beat teams 6-0 ?? !!!

ALL IN FOR THE CL!!!!

Someone said Benitez would step in ?? :eek::eek:
    Please god don't let this be true, jesus , talk about negative long ball cr*p, if Benitez arrives it will get 10 times worse!

If this is true also about the CL not letting teams in who are in debt,
    how are Barca gonna solve that ? they are half a billion in debt ffs....

It's not about the debt they already have but about the future and the need for clubs to break even over a rolling three year period

The challenge isn't over in December. Like I said, if we're more than 3 points behind on March 2nd I'll panic. United still have a lot of big games to play, they have Arsenal away, Liverpool away, Spurs away not to mention still having to play us twice, that alone could be a massive points swing if we get our shit together and play like we know we can.
    I'm not saying we're definitely going to win the thing but ruling us out now is ridiculous, there's a heap of football to be played between now and May. This team is capable of thumping anyone in the league, we haven't just turned shite over night.

Essien wrote: »
    The challenge isn't over in December. Like I said, if we're more than 3 points behind on March 2nd I'll panic. United still have a lot of big games to play, they have Arsenal away, Liverpool away, Spurs away not to mention still having to play us twice, that alone could be a massive points swing if we get our shit together and play like we know we can.
    I'm not saying we're definitely going to win the thing but ruling us out now is ridiculous, there's a heap of football to be played between now and May. This team is capable of thumping anyone in the league, we haven't just turned shite over night.

OK obviously mathematically it aint over, but we would need to have a 180 degree turnaround in form, and can't see that happening anytime soon tbh.

3 points tomorrow is a must, and lets hope its an impressive win too...

3 points tomorrow is a must, and lets hope its an impressive win too...

^^^Get used to saying that quite a bit :D, but yes of course we can still win it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The Champions are playing like relegation fodder as it stands. One win from Eight is simply deplorable from any team. From the Champions of England, Double-Winners last season out, it is: unacceptable, unbelievable, unprecedented, disturbing, and for the fans, disgusting.

As the_monkey has pointed out, a 180-degree turn around must arrive soon. Otherwise Chelsea could be contesting the Battle for 4th, alongside Spurs and Man City. And if I'm to be terrifyingly honest, I don't think that is a battle Chelsea could win against Spurs and City. Particularly if Chelsea go deep into the Champions League and focus more attention upon that.

At this stage, Chelsea can no longer rely upon their own good results. They are now having to rely upon results elsewhere going their way too; Chelsea have to hope United, Arsenal, Spurs, City et al. start leaking stupid points and losing matches. United in particular have been breathtaking this year; they are playing like true champions (playing badly and yet still winning, or at least scraping draws where they should be losing). Arsenal are also finally looking like ending the drought that has plagued them since 2005 and could easily do it.

Chelsea could easily turn into this season's Liverpool (no offence to Liverpool fans) or even more horrifically, could do a Leeds on it (again, no offence to Leeds fans).

Despite the poor run of results, I'm clinging to the faith that this will be the bad run, and the purple patch will start in 2011.

Come Feb/March 2011, we shall see. If Chelsea are more than 3/4 points off the top spot then, that's when the panic can truly start...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement