Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

greendom wrote: »
    I think the criticism of Malouda and Anelka is a little unfair tbh. 3 goals were scored yesterday so it seems pretty obvious the problems are defensive not up front. Did you drop points at any point last year after scoring 3 goals?

home to everton 3-3 draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

BERBA wrote: »
    home to everton 3-3 draw

Thanks for that - the exception that proves the rule :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Someone else was saying that the problem with Chelsea is that at the end of the day they are a small club that got some money, so could be said that we are in a worse off situation than a big club going through a crisis - say Liverpool.

This could be a problem if RA gets fed up and leaves, can't see us being self sustaining, a club like Liverpool will always be sustainable, the mere volume of fans will always pull it out of trouble.

Dunno, I could be spouting bollix here .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I would be surprised to see Ancelotti get the sack now.

5 relatively easy League games and a handy CL tie against Copenhagen coming up.

6 Man U points up for grabs.

Plenty of time yet.
    Don't panic.
    The problem is defensive and should be sorted soon enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'm afraid the problem isn't just defensive. Almost every position needs strengthening.

• Advertisement

An article on Josh McEachran here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

If you are not aware of the history of the club (and yes we do have one!) I'd suggest you read the following:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chelsea-FC-Official-Biography-Definitive/product-reviews/0755314662/ref=sr_1_9_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
    the_monkey wrote: »
    Someone else was saying that the problem with Chelsea is that at the end of the day they are a small club that got some money, so could be said that we are in a worse off situation than a big club going through a crisis - say Liverpool.

This could be a problem if RA gets fed up and leaves, can't see us being self sustaining, a club like Liverpool will always be sustainable, the mere volume of fans will always pull it out of trouble.

Dunno, I could be spouting bollix here .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

The agent of Luis Suarez claims that Chelsea have agreed a pre contract agreement to sign him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

smuckers wrote: »
    The agent of Luis Suarez claims that Chelsea have agreed a pre contract agreement to sign him.

Now thats very interesting , any chance he would arrive in January !

Dont see anything recent on this ,

http://www.tribalfootball.com/chelsea-secure-agreement-ajax-strike-ace-luis-suarez-497801

That link is from December 09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

smuckers wrote: »

Id like to see Suarez at the club, its only a matter of time before one of the bigger clubs in a bigger league take an interest in him and take a punt on him, I think he'd be a hit in the EPL, so I can see him ending up in the EPl or Serie A IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

gavredking wrote: »
    Id like to see Suarez at the club, its only a matter of time before one of the bigger clubs in a bigger league take an interest in him and take a punt on him, I think he'd be a hit in the EPL, so I can see him ending up in the EPl or Serie A IMO.

while he is certainly the type of young quality player I want us to be signing, im not sure if he is the type of striker we are used to playing with, I can see them trying to get in Lukaku to continue the tall strong target-man striker we have in Drogs. Unless Suarez was to replace Kalou then fair enough, sign away!!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    while he is certainly the type of young quality player I want us to be signing, im not sure if he is the type of striker we are used to playing with, I can see them trying to get in Lukaku to continue the tall strong target-man striker we have in Drogs. Unless Suarez was to replace Kalou then fair enough, sign away!!

The thing about Suarez is though he can play up front on his own, in the same way Torres/Rooney/Forlan/Fabiano/Villa can, all these mentioned players wouldnt have a pacth on Drogba in terms of physical strength but can all play very effectively through the middle on there own or with wide men either side, or support coming from deep, its just a different type of striker that we have been used to in recent times.

One thing that is certain is when Drogba goes, a part of this Chelsea era will go with him, where going miss him when hes gone :(

Either way, I want Suarez or Lukaku to join us, there is a distinct lack of quality front men around that could add to the squad and that are realistically available.

The thing about Suarez is though he can play up front on his own, in the same way Torres/Rooney/Forlan/Fabiano/Villa can, all these mentioned players wouldnt have a pacth on Drogba in terms of physical strength but can all play very effectively through the middle on there own or with wide men either side, or support coming from deep, its just a different type of striker that we have been used to in recent times.

One thing that is certain is when Drogba goes, a part of this Chelsea era will go with him, where going miss him when hes gone :(

I couldnt agree with you more about Drogba, when he leaves our team will have to adjust to playing a completely different style, maybe a more conventional 4-4-2 and the return of out and out wingers to the team, but I think you could be right and we stay 4-3-3 with someone like Suarez through the middle and partners on the wings as support.

Very interesting few years on the way, will be a massive change to our style the way things have been with Drogs/Lamps. Neither can be easily replaced!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    I couldnt agree with you more about Drogba, when he leaves our team will have to adjust to playing a completely different style, maybe a more conventional 4-4-2 and the return of out and out wingers to the team, but I think you could be right and we stay 4-3-3 with someone like Suarez through the middle and partners on the wings as support.

Very interesting few years on the way, will be a massive change to our style the way things have been with Drogs/Lamps. Neither can be easily replaced!

Well should we get Suarez in the next transfer window or two we could be looking at a lethal strike force of Drogba/Kalou/Sturridge/Anelka/Kakuta.

I think it will be harder to replace Lamps then it will be to replace Drogba, you can always find a good striker that can manage to get ya 15-20 + goals a season, you may have to bay a bit but they are out there, but to find a midfielder that can get you the same amount of goals as a striker is nearly impossible to replicate. Factor in his link up play and his vision and his ability to create chances you have a top,top midfielder and I think Chelsea's best player in the last decade.

My only hope is that with young Josh Mac coming through he can step up and add goals eventually in the years to come and take over from Lamps.

Chelsea are really coming up to a transistion period where we have to introduce fresh blood to the squad that can play atthis level and contribute and push the club forward, we have some geat prospects and hopefully they can win this club honours for years to come.

Chelsea are really coming up to a transition period where we have to introduce fresh blood to the squad that can play at this level and contribute and push the club forward, we have some great prospects and hopefully they can win this club honors for years to come.

and thats that key thing for me, it will be a transitional phase, with Utd they are losing Giggs/Scholes, this was combated by bring in Nani/Anderson a few years ago, giving them a season or two to get used to the country and soak up the experience of the current players before they became serious 1st teamers.

thats what I wished we had done, bring in some young players with potential to soak up the experience of Drogs and Lamps and then in 2-3 seasons they would have enough playing experience to start to take over those places and move the club into its next phase.

maybe lamps and drogs still have 1-2 good years left in them, but I would still love to see them invest more in 18-22 year old players for the very near future!

* I suppose they have done this with both Kalou and Ramires in fairness, and we do have McEachran/Kakuta/Matic/Bruma etc coming through, it'l all depend if many of the younger players can make the jump up or not, but I suppose we have been making the right moves to look toward the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I suppose a transitional phase is better than your current sh!t one :D

my point was that this season is the beginning of the transitional phase, youth/reserve players now making up our bench and getting game time, they'l need a season or two of that to be able to step up!

Its a mixture of things this season, transitional, and been poor, only thing that is saving us is Man Utd cant seem to go on a run of winning games.

If United had won 2 or 3 the games they could have, thye would be out of sight by now, Arsenal arent playing consistent enough, story of Arsene Wenger's reign really, Msn City are doing well but could do better, Spurs are flying.

We have been poor by our own standard but because of the teams round us we are well in the title race, best result for us tonight is for us to beat Wolves and Arsenal V City to end in draw so we can gain on the teams around us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Lads, looks like Mark Bright is cursing us with his Mark Lawrenson type predictions :D

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/851765-chelsea-will-still-beat-arsenal-and-man-united-to-title-mark-bright

Of course, he gives no reason why!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Suarez would porbably be the best strike we could sign at the moment. Apparently Ajax are willing to accept about 20m for him but we havent been linked with him at all this year really. If you watched the WC, he never played lone striker he was always support to Forlan so it'd be no different to Anelka with Drogba up front. I'd love tos ign him tbh, remind me alot of Tevez, he's very physical would be suited to PL imo.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Suarez would porbably be the best strike we could sign at the moment. Apparently Ajax are willing to accept about 20m for him but we havent been linked with him at all this year really. If you watched the WC, he never played lone striker he was always support to Forlan so it'd be no different to Anelka with Drogba up front. I'd love tos ign him tbh, remind me alot of Tevez, he's very physical would be suited to PL imo.

I think we need a defender most importantly.
    We have been able to score goals, the problem is then conceding them

Of course we need a striker for the future, but he needs to drop anelka and try Danny with Drogba

I see the Aguero rumours are doing the rounds again :rolleyes: boring at this stage. Big performance and result needed tonight.

I see the Aguero rumours are doing the rounds again :rolleyes: boring at this stage. Big performance and result needed tonight.

Never thought it would down to how we perform against the bottom club!

And hes dropped Anelka for...... Kalouless, why oh why not give Danny a chance, youth and experience, might just work

Some save by Cech.

Oh FFS :mad: shocking

oh dear god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Boswinga OG or Zubar scored? Anyway, dire start to the game.

Looks like Bos, ****e defending all round

Some save by Cech.

Oh FFS :mad: shocking

what channel is it on? cant find a good one

• Advertisement

stream

Alv1172 Sop 2

Very good quality

Ramires playing much further forward

cheers, lets hope we improve!

Carlo probably deserves the sack. Nothing is changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Agree mate we were absolutely woeful, its not even funny anymore.

Rammy was our best player yet gets taken off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

WFT is wrong with this team?

SOMETHING has to change, if not him, half the team should be dropped.

I can't see us beating Copenhagen with this kind of form. If we don't make the CL next season, I would be very worried as to where we go next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

There might be some excuse if we didn't have the players but up to recently it was fairly unanimous that we had the best 11 in the league, it hasn't changed overnight. What the **** is going on?

CA doesn't even looked motivated. Tbh, I think any manager will struggle with the amount of interferance from Roman. Michael Emanalo, I mean, ffs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Abramomovich may feel a bit reluctant to sack him. Look what Mourinho went on to accompplish after he got the boot.

Shocking result, didn't see it myself. What/who were our biggest problems?

weiland79 wrote: »
    Abramomovich may feel a bit reluctant to sack him. Look what Mourinho went on to accompplish after he got the boot.

Shocking result, didn't see it myself. What/who were our biggest problems?

Completely ****ing toothless attack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

DazMarz wrote: »
    January could be a helluva lot worse for Chels, in fairness...

Aston Villa (H), Wolves (A), Blackburn (H), Bolton (A) in the Prem. Villa and Wolves both suffering from desperate runs of form (despite Wolves' win tonight).

Villa were on the wrong side of a 7-goal hammering in the Bridge last time out, but wouldn't count on it this time, but that said, Villa are playing badly and leaking goals and dropping silly points, so hopefully Chelsea can capitalise.

Wolves are an enigma. They play well, but suffer from desperate bad luck, so with any luck, Chelsea can put them away... if the strikers recover their form. Malouda getting back on the scoresheet tonight could be a good sign.

10 points from January's fixtures would be the absolute dream... 12 would be the wet dream...:o

Will the new year bring the Blues back to the front again? On paper, it would look ideal. But only time will tell....
    January has the potential to be very kind to Chelsea, but unlike me (I love looking around at the others in the league), the squad and the management should concentrate on nothing else but winning all our games, never mind what happens in any of the other fixtures. Win at all costs, win ugly, win any way at all. Get back to winning ways and get things back into our own hands...

what the fúck was I on????:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Guus - where are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

(Going by the oul rumours that first came out)
    I heard before that none of the players trust having Michael Emanalo in the dressing room, apparently they see him as nothing more than "eyes and ears" for Roman. When Ray was there, obiviously he wasn't Roman's "go to" guy, and also he spoke Italian fluently, so everything Carlo wanted was communicated properly to the players and vise versa.

If they really are factors that are causing the upheavel, then what the hell was Roman at, sacking Ray and literally upsetting a perfectly sound applecart. And then really throwing a spanner in the works by sticking in a complete novice who Carlo, judging by his touchline mannerisms at the very least, does not rate in any way, shape or form. Consider how much he communicated to Ray during every game, then consider the lonely figure he has been since.

Thats not saying the players are completely blameless mind, Anelka and Malouda especially seem to have taken a good heartedly dose of "lazy shít". Drogs hasn't been right since his illness, JT is playing his heart out, but when he has the likes of fackin Paulo (bar tonights game) in defence, he is left covering twice what he usually should.

Its going pear shaped pretty rapid, I do hope Carlo doesn't get the chop, despite some substitution decisions that has me scratching me noggin, bring in a bleedin' half decent replacement for Ray, wheres Clarke? He knows the ins and outs of that team.
    Jaysus, its depressing time to be a Blues fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Tonight was like a fúcking benefit gig for Manchester United!!! For the love and honour of all that is fúcking holy and unfúckingholy!!! I doubt they've ever had such a good night, when they didn't even have to kick a fúcking football.

This is a crisis. No doubt about it anymore, this is a genuine, full-blown, ball-out, fúcking bazookas under each arm final scene from 'Scarface' "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND" motherfúcking crisis. Never, ever, have I seen the Champions defend a title like this. I wouldn't even call it a defence. It's just beyond belief.

Everything went right for Man U tonight!!! Chelsea lost, Spurs lost, Arsenal V. City was scoreless... ffs, even for shíts and giggles, Liverpool went out and got beaten! Every Man U fan has the right to be grinning like Chesire fúcking Cats tonight.

I reckon it is now a fight for the Top 4. Forget the title now. Too much ground lost, too much STUPID FÚCKING dropping of points... The defence of the title is over. No way can it be clawed back now. Top 4 has to be the priority now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Ah well Ipswich town next. Should have that one in the bag!

................ No honestly we should

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Times are bad are bad when you have to drop to page 2 of the soccer forum to get the Chelsea thread. Shocking result. Can't see Carlo staying after that. Bottom club against the 2010 Champions?
    What next, we are heading over the 15th for the Blackburn game, WTF has gone wrong since the sublime performances in sept and Oct. Thought this year had CL glory written all over it. When you're losing games or short on goals you defend, haven't seen that happen. we are now too easy to beat. How and when do we rescue the season from here?

Tonight was like a fúcking benefit gig for Manchester United!!! For the love and honour of all that is fúcking holy and unfúckingholy!!! I doubt they've ever had such a good night, when they didn't even have to kick a fúcking football.

This is a crisis. No doubt about it anymore, this is a genuine, full-blown, ball-out, fúcking bazookas under each arm final scene from 'Scarface' "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND" motherfúcking crisis. Never, ever, have I seen the Champions defend a title like this. I wouldn't even call it a defence. It's just beyond belief.

Everything went right for Man U tonight!!! Chelsea lost, Spurs lost, Arsenal V. City was scoreless... ffs, even for shíts and giggles, Liverpool went out and got beaten! Every Man U fan has the right to be grinning like Chesire fúcking Cats tonight.

I reckon it is now a fight for the Top 4. Forget the title now. Too much ground lost, too much STUPID FÚCKING dropping of points... The defence of the title is over. No way can it be clawed back now. Top 4 has to be the priority now.

My thoughts exactly Daz, the thing that has pissed me off so much is 2nd v 3rd ended in a draw and the team above us lost, perfect opportunity for us to beat bottom of the league but NAH!!!!! A fucking lose, not even a single point.

Ive given up on the title at this stage, just about half way into the season, 1st week in January and I cant believe im saying that about the defending champions. I just want Man Utd to win it now at this stage, mainly to stop City and then Utd can take Liverpool's title record too in the process, I hope Arsenal can push them all the way and I hope we can make the CL.

Carlo looks out of ideas and the team performances and displays reflects this, apart from Drogba hitting the post we didnt look too dangerous at all,.

This reminds me of been a Chelsea fan in the 90's when we could win at a canter and then turn around the next week and play absolutely woeful, its so frustrating to see us give up our title in this way.

I hate to say it but the monkey was right all along :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

:)

:)

Great input :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Eurosport:

Agent: We can reveal that Chelsea are interested in Kevin De Bruyne, according to his representative Patrick De Koster. The Blues have apparently invited the 19-year-old Genk forward to Stamford Bridge.

Link 11:48

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement