Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Theres no doubt we need investment.
    We have tried the kids way, but either they are not good enough and thats why he wont play them or he is afraid to.
    All eyes on Roman now. If he backs us with fresh investment, listens to his manager and gets the players in that he wants, rather than listen to some bloke who coached a womans team, then we have a chance to come back and challenge next season.
    This season is gone, save a cup run.
    Lets make sure we get into the CL for next season.
    If he doesnt want to back us, then lets find someone who does.
    We need a new 60,000 stadium so we can make a profit for a start.
    If Roman doesnt\wont\cant invest then we will stagnate and can only go down, not up.
    Possibly his hands are tied because of the new fair play rules, who knows.
    If he had just left Mourino alone, trusted his judgement, then we should have won the P/Ship every year since he arrived. It wasnt pretty football, but it was effective and winning football

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

papagormo wrote: »
    Eurosport:

Agent: We can reveal that Chelsea are interested in Kevin De Bruyne, according to his representative Patrick De Koster. The Blues have apparently invited the 19-year-old Genk forward to Stamford Bridge.

Link 11:48

Dearie me ..... never heard of him - so took the usual route of looking up on youtube. This is a compilation of his best bits last season apparently. FFS!!! - It made me laugh out loud. These are his best bits???!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5OjOYAfo3A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

The desire is gone in the team, that is quite clear, I blame the manager and some of the players, at one stage Lamps looked over and pointed to Carlo and said will you change things?
    I wish you fecking did change things starting with Malouda Anelka and Kalou all dropped, I'd be inclined to drop Essien too, but Josh coming in will put a hugh burden on his shoulders. Essien has been absolutely shocking this season. What happned to our one touch football at the start of the season?
    Kakuta was even scared to take a corner last night, RA should never have got rid of Ray as he was close with the core of the team. Drogba's immobility is a worry also.
    Something happened before Ray got the boot, I don't think Carlo will be sacked just yet but he's on thin ice at the mo, THe football club is a shambles, he should have been given a large transfer kitty in summer and should get some in Jan. We're paying for it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

What worries me is Carlo may feel hes been fatally undermined by RA and now doesnt give a monkeys. He is probably sitting out the season until he gets sacked. Can then point to his success last year and write off this year due to RA's interference.
    I would in this case worry about our ability to hold on to key players like Essien.
    smuckers wrote: »
    The desire is gone in the team, that is quite clear, I blame the manager and some of the players, at one stage Lamps looked over and pointed to Carlo and said will you change things?
    I wish you fecking did change things starting with Malouda Anelka and Kalou all dropped, I'd be inclined to drop Essien too, but Josh coming in will put a hugh burden on his shoulders. Essien has been absolutely shocking this season. What happned to our one touch football at the start of the season?
    Kakuta was even scared to take a corner last night, RA should never have got rid of Ray as he was close with the core of the team. Drogba's immobility is a worry also.
    Something happened before Ray got the boot, I don't think Carlo will be sacked just yet but he's on thin ice at the mo, THe football club is a shambles, he should have been given a large transfer kitty in summer and should get some in Jan. We're paying for it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Eurosport:
    No wonder Carlo Ancelotti doesn't want Danny Sturridge to leave Chelsea on loan this month. He scored five times against Spurs reserves this afternoon in a 7-3 friendly win!

Getting on time to be considering him for a starting place, lets face it, we have díck all to lose at this stage!
    I'd be pushing to hold on to Borini aswell.

Reserves game summery Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Haven't been able to watch our last two games or haven't been following us at all, looking at results I see it's still going downhill. :( Have we been that bad against Villa and Wolves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭secman

DazMarz wrote: »
    Tonight was like a fúcking benefit gig for Manchester United!!! For the love and honour of all that is fúcking holy and unfúckingholy!!! I doubt they've ever had such a good night, when they didn't even have to kick a fúcking football.

This is a crisis. No doubt about it anymore, this is a genuine, full-blown, ball-out, fúcking bazookas under each arm final scene from 'Scarface' "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND" motherfúcking crisis. Never, ever, have I seen the Champions defend a title like this. I wouldn't even call it a defence. It's just beyond belief.

Everything went right for Man U tonight!!! Chelsea lost, Spurs lost, Arsenal V. City was scoreless... ffs, even for shíts and giggles, Liverpool went out and got beaten! Every Man U fan has the right to be grinning like Chesire fúcking Cats tonight.

I reckon it is now a fight for the Top 4. Forget the title now. Too much ground lost, too much STUPID FÚCKING dropping of points... The defence of the title is over. No way can it be clawed back now. Top 4 has to be the priority now.

Get off the fence why don't you !

Secman.........grinning like a MANC cat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

As for awful title defences: Leeds 92/93, Blackburn 95/96 anyone?

Chelsea aren't quite there ........ yet!

• Advertisement

Looks like Carlo is pretty confident that he wont get sacked, and help could be on its way - new players. Only this time, it looks like we arent stupid and vain enough to announce them BEFOREHAND! as per Robinho
    (What a lucky escape that was!)

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/66269.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Jesus H almighty f*cking corbetting CHRIST !!!!

I was in a cave in Mars yesterday so couldn't see match or get updates ...

Un f***cking believable, are drop in form is VERTICAL !!! , look at Liverpool and Leeds , when they dropped it was a gradual process over 2 seasons or so .... us ... one month it's 6-0 6-0 4-0 2-0 .... next .. 2-0 loss 3-0 home loss ... home draws , away losses .... what the f*ck is going on ??

has to be some players aren't happy with Carlo, like Scolari,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Most Chelsea fans can't remember a worse run of form since they were Fulham fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

the_monkey wrote: »
    Jesus H almighty f*cking corbetting CHRIST !!!!

I was in a cave in Mars yesterday so couldn't see match or get updates ...

Un f***cking believable, are drop in form is VERTICAL !!! , look at Liverpool and Leeds , when they dropped it was a gradual process over 2 seasons or so .... us ... one month it's 6-0 6-0 4-0 2-0 .... next .. 2-0 loss 3-0 home loss ... home draws , away losses .... what the f*ck is going on ??

has to be some players aren't happy with Carlo, like Scolari,

FFS major let down monkey. I've seen you have more epic meltdowns after 5-0 wins. You're semse of outrage seems to be inversely proportional to your teams success.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

i used to rely on you lot for my accumulator. get your shít together !

niallo27 wrote: »
    Most Chelsea fans can't remember a worse run of form since they were Fulham fans.

Who's Fulham?

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    FFS major let down monkey. I've seen you have more epic meltdowns after 5-0 wins. You're semse of outrage seems to be inversely proportional to your teams success.:pac:

Just getting used to it at this stage .... shame really, before it was frustrating now it's just sad....ans when I say "sad" I don't mean pathetic I mean actually sad like your dog just died.

I remember the worst run or form, (vaguely given I was rather young at the time) and I have never worn a Fulham shirt.
    I don't know of any former Fulham now Chelsea fans personally either.

Eurosport:
    Hamburg could be allowed to sign Jeffrey Bruma on loan from Chelsea is Carlo Ancelotti brings an experienced centre-back into the club this month.

Source

Same Source:

Finally, for now, from Serie A and Chelsea have relented and allowed Fabio Borini to join Parma on loan. The final decision rests with the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Banners outside training ground.

794dbcaa5a.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

So which one of ye knocked up the banner outside Stamford Bridge?

Short memories boys...

• Advertisement

Unreal!!! , short memories indeed, a disgrace....

3 of the boys didn't train ahead of the Ipswich game.
    Link here.
    Might see a few young guns get a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Embarrassing banners there, you will always get a few idiot fan's at every club though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    Embarrassing banners there, you will always get a few idiot fan's at every club though.

Agree, without them same players we wouldnt have won anything last year, same goes for Carlo and Roman, without them we would be nowhere.

There is always a backlash and knee jerk reactions to bad results, worse thing to do is sack Carlo, once he gets the players back focused we will be ok and back around the top 3, I said already i feel the title is beyond us, bar a meltdown by United and Arsenal and a really, really good run of wins on the spin by us, maybe 7-10 +.

Just hope we can go deep in the CL and hopefully go onto win it but its not looking great, I hope though, I really hope we turn this around ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

It needs turning around immediately but if we can get a decent run going and secure a top 3 position I would be happy as we could then fully focus on the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Wasn't funny last time you said it either man.

Its not just about the players.
    We have had pretty much the same players back for a while now.
    We've been both unlucky and uninispired
    Carlo needs to try something different. Teams have pretty much sussed us out.
    He plays a rigid 4-3-3, which leaves Anelka isolated on the right for a start.
    Why not try something different? 4-4-2 Drogba and Anelka through the middle?
    His subs are always predictable as well.

I dont think the answer is just parachuting in like for like players anymore.

He needs to come up with new ideas to freshen up things.
    Do the unexpected. Mourino was the best user of subs I ever saw. He could see things werent working and always had a plan to try something different. The old plan "B"

And thats where Carlo is lacking. He's good at motivation, and being a "friend" to the players. But he is ****e at tactics and being innovative.
    He's found a way of working and sticks to it.
    His record at AC Milan was poor at bringing young players through as well.
    Surely he has to give Danny and Kakuta a chance.
    He need to shake thing up a bit in the same way he did at Milan, at Milan at least he did try different formations

Subotic and Mata would be nice..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

They sure would. It'd be nice to make some signings alright. I'm not sure the club can push the same bull**** as they have over the last few seasons about signings.

Anyone know how Matic is getting on?

• Advertisement

how to spend 100 million.
    torres 25 Luis 25, cahill 20, Schwartzer 20, and ode southampton wonder kid 10

discuss!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

i'll save ya 20/25m. We dont need both Luiz and Cahill. Luiz for me. Keep the change!!

how to spend 100 million.
    torres 25 Luis 25, cahill 20, Schwartzer 20, and ode southampton wonder kid 10

discuss!

Schwartzer? No to Torres also. Id prefer Phil Jones although he is out until the end of the season. Subotic would be ideal. Up front Suarez, and he shouldn't cost outrageous money either. Alexis Sanchez, Javier Pastore or Eden Hazard would be all good signings, probably out of our price range though. Alan Dzagoev from CSKA has been linked with us before. Lukaku would be great but nothing will happen there until the summer and I can see him going to madrid.

Schwartzer? No to Torres also. Id prefer Phil Jones although he is out until the end of the season. Subotic would be ideal. Up front Suarez, and he shouldn't cost outrageous money either. Alexis Sanchez, Javier Pastore or Eden Hazard would be all good signings, probably out of our price range though. Alan Dzagoev from CSKA has been linked with us before. Lukaku would be great but nothing will happen there until the summer and I can see him going to madrid.

Basically we need

Terry replacement (Most urgent)
    Lampard replacement
    Drogba replacement

Optional extra
    Flair player to unlock those tricky "park the bus" teams

Oh and decent back up to Cech

Terry, Lampard and Drogba don't need to be replaced, they just need to be supplemented.

Plus we will have Delac for next season, no need for a goalkeeper.

Terry, Lampard and Drogba don't need to be replaced, they just need to be supplemented.

Plus we will have Delac for next season, no need for a goalkeeper.

Sorry thats what I meant, not replaced, but players brought in to phase them out.

Is Delac that good?

And why not Torres? Proven PL quality

And they need to have more English for the rules, so will probably go for Cahill

Delac is supposed to be a very talented youngster, on loan at Vitesse for the season with Matic ( a player who could have benefited if he had stayed )

Lukaku is the ideal long term replacement for Drogba, very big and physical, pacey, and a good finisher. Suarez I believe would do great in the EPL, even though strikers playing in the Netherlands don't have the best record in the EPL.

Arsenal are favourites to sign Hazard from Lille. He is a player with the ability to unlock a defence. Dzagoev would be a cheaper option and should be a very good player.

Sanchez as we saw in the world cup is a tireless worker, has great skill and would be an infinitely better option than Kalou on the RW.

Pastore would probably cost too much and he seems to be enjoying his time at Palermo but has a great chance of being a world beater.

On Torres, he's injury prone, and we have seen over the last year he hasn't hit the heights of previous seasons, he may never do again. Also he's not going to come cheap, especially to another EPL club. Bayern seems to be a realistic destination for him.

Delac is supposed to be a very talented youngster, on loan at Vitesse for the season with Matic ( a player who could have benefited if he had stayed )

Lukaku is the ideal long term replacement for Drogba, very big and physical, pacey, and a good finisher. Suarez I believe would do great in the EPL, even though strikers playing in the Netherlands don't have the best record in the EPL.

Arsenal are favourites to sign Hazard from Lille. He is a player with the ability to unlock a defence. Dzagoev would be a cheaper option and should be a very good player.

Sanchez as we saw in the world cup is a tireless worker, has great skill and would be an infinitely better option than Kalou on the RW.

Pastore would probably cost too much and he seems to be enjoying his time at Palermo but has a great chance of being a world beater.

On Torres, he's injury prone, and we have seen over the last year he hasn't hit the heights of previous seasons, he may never do again. Also he's not going to come cheap, especially to another EPL club. Bayern seems to be a realistic destination for him.

Do you think we will actually buy any of these players?

Wengar is quoted as saying he doesnt need Hazard as he has plenty of attacking players

No idea tbh, I don't think anyone knows what type of player we are in for anymore. Just look at Dzeko, surely he would have been a fantastic signing for us. Just don't think, whoever we sign, if anyone will be a big money one.

• Advertisement

No idea tbh, I don't think anyone knows what type of player we are in for anymore. Just look at Dzeko, surely he would have been a fantastic signing for us. Just don't think, whoever we sign, if anyone will be a big money one.

Unfortunately, we wont pay the wages, pure and simple

Carlo hinted that Danny starting up front tomorrow

Seems to do well for himself in the cup, I'd say he'll get his chance in the league soon enough too.

But Carlo will have to realise that he's not a right winger

Thats true Smukers, he has put in some really poor performances on the wing. The only chance he will get up top is if we play 2 up there or if we lose Drogba, Anelka and Kalou to injury.

Few more reports today that we are willing to meet the €21m asking price for Subotic.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Few more reports today that we are willing to meet the €21m asking price for Subotic.

Source?

Source?

German newspaper Bild.

Original article is in German but a few other sites ran the story

http://www.footylatest.com/chelsea-in-talks-for-21-million-bundesliga-star/18894

I wonder who this could be if true at all, from True Blue Tom at cfc chat.

Feel much better after a lie in... Anyway, from someone
    at Cobham, a striker was allegedly there on Thursday. Been nothing about it in the papers, took me by surprise when he mentioned it.

I fear it's rollocks and won't believe it until / if it happens, but it would be a great signing and a real statement of intent. He has no reason to lie though.

smuckers wrote: »
    I wonder who this could be if true at all, from True Blue Tom at cfc chat.

Feel much better after a lie in... Anyway, from someone
    at Cobham, a striker was allegedly there on Thursday. Been nothing about it in the papers, took me by surprise when he mentioned it.

I fear it's rollocks and won't believe it until / if it happens, but it would be a great signing and a real statement of intent. He has no reason to lie though.

Any indication on who it was? Possibly Genk striker Kevin de Bruyne?

Rumours abound about a 20m bid for Micah Richards :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement