Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

really? if true thats a very odd buy out clause, Spain tends to have ridiculous buy out clauses included such as 110million +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

kryogen wrote: »
    really? if true thats a very odd buy out clause, Spain tends to have ridiculous buy out clauses included such as 110million +

51million down to 38million is the rumoured drop.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Not getting my hopes up this time.....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I don't think ye have that kind of money any more to spend on one player. Ye only broke the 30 mill mark once and it was a disaster, Abramovich
    has been much more frugal since.

There was all kinds of talk of big signings on here last Summer, in the end the net outlay was fairly modest. The days of breaking the bank at Chelsea are over. Roman has lost his smile.

Is there any credible sources for this rumoured drop in buy out clause?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Is there any credible sources for this rumoured drop in buy out clause?
    Note this is Euro .... and it was in the sports pages during the week.
    http://au.sports.yahoo.com/football/news/article/-/8606547/chelsea-alerted-as-new-atletico-madrid-deal-for-aguero-reduces-buyout-clause/

Thanks, but tribalfootball.com does nothing at all for me.

Thanks, but tribalfootball.com does nothing at all for me.
    Or the Daily Mail i suppose either ...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1344305/Manchester-United-Chelsea-target-Sergio-Aguero-release-clause-drops-38m.html

I'll find you a credible one yet!

Not usually but for arguements sake, Id like a bid for him if thats his new buy out clause!

Well here's hoping .... indication of ongoing support from Roman if true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

flahavaj wrote: »
    I don't think ye have that kind of money any more to spend on one player. Ye only broke the 30 mill mark once and it was a disaster, Abramovich
    has been much more frugal since.

There was all kinds of talk of big signings on here last Summer, in the end the net outlay was fairly modest. The days of breaking the bank at Chelsea are over. Roman has lost his smile.

A load of shít tbh, if we spend 18m on 3 diff back-up players I def don't think Ronan will have a problem paying up 30 mil for a player. Problem was it hasn't been worthwhile spending that much on players for the last while.

Steve Clark joining Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

After that 7 - 0 mauling of Ipswich the treble is still on, were back and thats all that matters, I can see us winning every game from now until the end of the season, without fail, bring them all on TBH.

* Above post is a break from the norm around here and a bit of an anti the_monkey post :)

Steve Clark joining Liverpool

Great appointment for them if it goes through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gone through (I suspect Chelsea could do with him back right now)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Lukker- wrote: »
    Great appointment for them if it goes through.
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/steve-clarke-joins-liverpool

Its official

mike65 wrote: »
    Gone through (I suspect Chelsea could do with him back right now)

Great for Liverpool, got a real good assistant.

I would have prefered to keep Wilkins though then have Clarke, wilkins just seemed more in touch with the team and players, although that could be down to his touch line image too, but no doubt Liverpool have got a good football man in to help Kenny, well done.

Maybe she'll be starting ahead of Essien :rolleyes:

probably couldn't do worse

• Advertisement

are chelsea fans turning on Essien? ridiculous, we'll have him at united in a heartbeat if you wanna off load him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

If ye sign Aguero I'm gonna cry!!!

are chelsea fans turning on Essien? ridiculous, we'll have him at united in a heartbeat if you wanna off load him

:eek:

Stay away from him, hes not for sale at any price.I dont think any Chelsea fan can turn on Essien, he is one of a very few, small selection of midfielders who has it all, if we lose Essien we lose our steel in midfield.

Like most of the Chelsea players, he is going through a tough period of personal performances not meeting his high standards. I love Essien, I dont want him leaving at all, but every fan is different, I just think people turning on him is laughable, top quality player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Not this one.

He's been immense for us over the years and whatever is going wrong at the moment goes beyond Essien.

Would be great to see him back to his best though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Not at all ,

Our worst player this season IMO has been Ashley Cole , have a nightmare and a lot of our defensive errors come down to him.

Essien will get into gear very soon and will be back bossing the middle of the park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

bullpost wrote: »
    Not this one.

He's been immense for us over the years and whatever is going wrong at the moment goes beyond Essien.

Would be great to see him back to his best though.
    Except when you see him charging through, taking aim and then row Z again.
    And Kalou has been consistantly our worst player, he misses soooo many chances it makes me cry for poor young Danny

(And then he claims Anelkas one!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I am
    Not really though, I obviously have mucho man love for our Michael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Correct me If I'm wrong but didn't Carlos dad die before our slump? if so that would explain our poor performances. he's only human afterall it puts thing into perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

smuckers wrote: »
    Correct me If I'm wrong but didn't Carlos dad die before our slump? if so that would explain our poor performances. he's only human afterall it puts thing into perspective.

last season

• Advertisement

Certainly could be a factor in his demenour on the touchline alright.

Not at all ,

Our worst player this season IMO has been Ashley Cole , have a nightmare and a lot of our defensive errors come down to him.

Essien will get into gear very soon and will be back bossing the middle of the park

I think its close between Ferriera and Kalou for our worse player this season, Ferriera for been such a liability anywhere he is played and Kalou for not performing reguarly at any level, Anelka has been very poor too though.

gavredking wrote: »
    I think its close between Ferriera and Kalou for our worse player this season, Ferriera for been such a liability anywhere he is played and Kalou for not performing reguarly at any level, Anelka has been very poor too though.

I wonder about Anelka though. When he played upfront on his tod, with Drogba away on African nations he did very well. (And CL as well)
    But Carlo plays him 4-3-3, pushed out on the right!

I wonder about Anelka though. When he played upfront on his tod, with Drogba away on African nations he did very well. (And CL as well)
    But Carlo plays him 4-3-3, pushed out on the right!

True IMO Anelka is better served coming wide form the left, at the end of the day hes a goal scorer on the right hes coming inside, its his natural thing to do and hes coming into traffic on his weaker left lef, for Arsenal when he first came he played through the middle but had that Thierry Henry love form coming in off the left, when Anelka shifts the ball on to his right hes devasting but he cant do that on the right.

So for my money hes better played left but that wont happen as Malouda has that sown up an dI dont see Carlo changing back to 4-4-2 diamond.

Youth Cup on Thursday, away to Sunderland.

if we win that it's Arsenal in the 4th round. Hopefully we can go all the way again this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Sweet Jesus make this a january miracle

Picture-9.png

• Advertisement

Daniel Philliskirk has joined Sheffield Utd. on a 1 month loan.

Pienaar is a great little player but I'd like us to go for someone else.

Edit. just read about Pienaar, for 3million that would be a bargain but why so low? Is his contract up soon?

In the summer

It's been said already, but I think to say again... the players Chelsea needs are:

-replacement for Carvalho/supplement for Terry; arguably we have Bruma for this already, but we need someone to be brought in with more experience and knowhow. Gary Cahill would be excellent, but Coyle is not an idiot and it would potentially take well over £10m to prise him away from Bolton.

-replacement for Ballack/Deco; we were unfortunate in this regard as both Lampard and Benayoun both succumbed to injury for large swaths of the season and either of these players (Ballack moreso) would have been brilliant to have waiting in the wings to step in. Bastian Schweinsteiger would be the man I'd love to see in Royal Blue come the summer, his contract being up soon would also make him attractive for us to pursue.

-supplement for Drogba/Anelka; Studge is not up to it, IMO. Sergio Aguero would be the dream supplement here and would easily elbow both Kalou and Sturridge well down the pecking order. A shock swoop for Torres in the summer wouldn't be the worst move either, but I think that's just me kinda dreaming more than reality, in all fairness!!!:o

-a 2nd-in-command for Cech; the young Croat 'keeper could prove to be just that...

• Advertisement

DazMarz wrote: »
    It's been said already, but I think to say again... the players Chelsea needs are:
    -replacement for Carvalho/supplement for Terry; arguably we have Bruma for this already, but we need someone to be brought in with more experience and knowhow. Gary Cahill would be excellent, but Coyle is not an idiot and it would potentially take well over £10m to prise him away from Bolton.
    Think Injuries didnt help, Carlo would have loved to Alex or Ivanovic fighting for the place, but with problem at RB and Alex out we are stuck for options. Cahill would be a good long term replacement but I can see Bruma been a star for this club in the long term, hes a good player and will develop into a solid, dependable CB.
    -replacement for Ballack/Deco; we were unfortunate in this regard as both Lampard and Benayoun both succumbed to injury for large swaths of the season and either of these players (Ballack moreso) would have been brilliant to have waiting in the wings to step in. Bastian Schweinsteiger would be the man I'd love to see in Royal Blue come the summer, his contract being up soon would also make him attractive for us to pursue.]
    Bastian would be an excellen signing, after the WC it would have cost a bomb to get him, maybe this summer could be different, I would have liked to seen Kheidera in a Chelsea jersey, hes been good for Real Madrid this year and hes a good midfielder he was got on the cheap too by Madrid.
    -supplement for Drogba/Anelka; Studge is not up to it, IMO. Sergio Aguero would be the dream supplement here and would easily elbow both Kalou and Sturridge well down the pecking order. A shock swoop for Torres in the summer wouldn't be the worst move either, but I think that's just me kinda dreaming more than reality, in all fairness!!!:o
    Aguero would be the dream, dont see it happening but Id love it, we do need replacement for Drogba and Anelka, Lukaku and Aguero would be ideal for me. I still have hope for Sturridge, he has the ability just needs to be more consistent.
    -a 2nd-in-command for Cech; the young Croat 'keeper could prove to be just that...
    Turnbull seems decent for the moment but the young keeper on loan seems to be the ideal replacement, not too many stand out young keepers around, maybe Lloris, would be expensive, De Gea, wont be sold, Asenjo, wont be sold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Schweinsteiger recently signed a new contract!

True, Bastian signed an extension until 2014, open to correction though on that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DazMarz wrote: »

-replacement for Ballack/Deco; we were unfortunate in this regard as both Lampard and Benayoun both succumbed to injury for large swaths of the season and either of these players (Ballack moreso) would have been brilliant to have waiting in the wings to step in. Bastian Schweinsteiger would be the man I'd love to see in Royal Blue come the summer, his contract being up soon would also make him attractive for us to pursue.

Agree wit ha lot of what you say here , but I think with game time and guidance, Sturridge could become a excellent player for the club.

10 or 15 mins here and there is not use , he needs some serious game time and Kalou should not be seeing the light of day , im finished with him , very wasteful and un-clinical.

Kalou would be my second in line after Ashley Cole for Twat of the season !

Thought Bastian's contract was up soon... or so I'd heard... Pity now.

But still, I'd hope we're willing to splash the big cash to go and chase someone like him. Schweinsteiger, Sneijder, etc. someone like that... Has to be done now, I reckon, tbh.

I don't think we need a CM too much, I'd say we need an actual winger on the right. When we play Anelka there we have a serious lack of width.

Agree wit ha lot of what you say here , but I think with game time and guidance, Sturridge could become a excellent player for the club.

10 or 15 mins here and there is not use , he needs some serious game time and Kalou should not be seeing the light of day , im finished with him , very wasteful and un-clinical.

Completely agree, untill we try the lad in 3 or 4 games, we may never know. Problem is, as Carlo has no doubt been told today by Roman (Love to have been a fly on the wall, in that meeting!) We need results and Carlo cannot afford to gamble. He didnt even play Ross T in the cup!

I agree Cole hasn't had the best of seasons, but he has carrying an ankle injury for past year or so.

I agree Cole hasn't had the best of seasons, but he has carrying an ankle injury for past year or so.

He has made a couple of clangers and if he is injured he should just go and get it sorted , PVA looks well up to the challenge, not only that he looks uninterested.

I cant say how much is Peed me off that he tried to play the offside trap on his own 6 yard line in the last minute of the game rather than throw himself at that ball, after getting into a 3-2 lead I would been throwing everything on the line to try and win that ball.

made my blood boil , I look at that draw as the end of our season , could of been huge , a win there and the confidence going into the next game would have been very high.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I don't think we need a CM too much, I'd say we need an actual winger on the right. When we play Anelka there we have a serious lack of width.
    .... and pace. Would love to see us buy someone like Alexis Sanchez (the chilean who impressed at the WC). He's currently playing with Udinese - and would not cost the earth. Rumoured Fergies after him (like they need more width!!).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement