Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Rumour doing the rounds that Roman is selling up at the end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

smuckers wrote: »

I wouldnt believe it until it happens or Roman issues a statement saying he wants to sell up or is willing to listen to offers. If it is true this could disrupt the club further and this would really worry fans too.

With UEFA new financial rules coming in for clubs maybe he wants to get out before it comes into effect in 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

That ones been doing the rounds since he bought us, along with the old favourite - "Chelsea will disappear\do a Leeds, when Roman gets bored"

Wont be so bad if he does sell to a Man City type of Billionaire, rather than a Blackburn type millionaire, who has 200 million burning a hole to "refresh" the squad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

gavredking wrote: »
    I wouldnt believe it until it happens or Roman issues a statement saying he wants to sell up or is willing to listen to offers. If it is true this could disrupt the club further and this would really worry fans too.

With UEFA new financial rules coming in for clubs maybe he wants to get out before it comes into effect in 2014.

considering the main plan he had when getting here was that the club would become self-sufficient, I thought last year we were almost on target for that, even if he does go, he's wiped the club of debt and we'd be breaking even, with a good stadium and one of the best training grounds in football, we'd be snapped up in no time, it wouldnt worry me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd be suprised if he did sell us tbh, a group of German investors put a very lucrative offer together last year and he wasn't even willing to talk to them.

Dailyfail saying we made £17.5m bid for Subotic.

Also being linked with Miralem Pjanic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Lukker- wrote: »
    Dailyfail saying we made £17.5m bid for Subotic.

Also being linked with Miralem Pjanic.

Yes to both please!!
    Where did you see the Pjanic link??

Pjanic would be a terrific signing, Lamps's long term replacement. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

You know who would be a legend signing and he'd score plenty of goals for us ? - people will mock this but
    Graig Bellamy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

the_monkey wrote: »
    You know who would be a legend signing and he'd score plenty of goals for us ? - people will mock this but
    Graig Bellamy!!
    Can't see his club selling to Chelsea though but agreed he would be an excellent addition imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Why is there a Spoiler in the above posts?

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Yes to both please!!
    Where did you see the Pjanic link??

Heres one link

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/chelsea-set-sights-on-lampard-replacement/

I find newsnow a good source

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Chelsea

But as always, lots of links, very little actual reality!

Please, please, please, PLEASEEEEEE sign someone and someone GOOD!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Subotic is looking like the likeliest deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

the_monkey wrote: »
    Graig Bellamy!!

And can you see him playing in the same team as John Terry - I dont think so!! '' We all know what John Terry is like off the field'' - what a pr*c*.

Never want to see him anywhere near Chelsea. Been arrrested again today for assault following another fracas in Cardiff over the weekend. What a nice guy he is!!

• Advertisement

And can you see him playing in the same team as John Terry - I dont think so!! '' We all know what John Terry is like off the field'' - what a pr*c*.

Never want to see him anywhere near Chelsea. Been arrrested again today for assault following another fracas in Cardiff over the weekend. What a nice guy he is!!

Blimy, I'm still shudder when I think of Vinnie Jones playing for us!
    Did that really happen?:eek:

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/football-heroes/displayhero_club.asp?HeroID=37100

"This is Anfield - we're bothered" - Classic!

He's definitely a talent, could definitely be one for the future and would be great to have him put pressure on Kalou and Anelka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Haven't seen much of him, where does he play?

Johner wrote: »
    Haven't seen much of him, where does he play?

RF

• Advertisement

Id love Pjanic but the competition from the rest of Europe for his signature would be massive, Bellamy can f**k off, hes a good player but ya dont want his attitude and off field antics at any club.

This summer will tell alot about the direction we as a cluba re taking, I dont expect anybody to come or go during this transfer window but the summer will be busy I think. With no international tournament on prices for players should be reasonable, unless there is massive demand for a particular player but Id love a good, talented young player, Aguero, Pjanic, Lukaku, that type of signing.

No thanks to Bellamy, more trouble than he's worth.

gavredking wrote: »
    This summer will tell alot about the direction we as a cluba re taking, I dont expect anybody to come or go during this transfer window but the summer will be busy I think. With no international tournament on prices for players should be reasonable, unless there is massive demand for a particular player but Id love a good, talented young player, Aguero, Pjanic, Lukaku, that type of signing.

Very true, it will really show us if Roman is still interested.
    I think we ARE trying to sign a CB this window, but will either be beaten by Spainish club or wages or price too high, so not holding my breath.

I'd be amazed if Chelsea didn't sign someone in this window considering the run they are on. A decent new addition could just spark things up a bit get them going again

Very true, it will really show us if Roman is still interested.
    I think we ARE trying to sign a CB this window, but will either be beaten by Spainish club or wages or price too high, so not holding my breath.

Really depends on the CB, I cant see any of the Spanish or Italian teams coming in for someone like Cahill, a player we have been linked with, if the CB is playing in mainland Europe my main gripe would he be able to adapt to the EPL and help the team should he be dropped into the deep end.

Cahill's price could put off anyone until the end of the season, I dont think Bolton will want to lose one of their best players this season half way through it.
    amiable wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if Chelsea didn't sign someone in this window considering the run they are on. A decent new addition could just spark things up a bit get them going again

Id be amazed if we DID sign anyone TBH. Just dont think we will sign anyone until the summer and when it is easier to allow the player to settle and train with his new team-mates.

According to various reports this morning Carlo is considering dropping Drogba against Blackburn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

According to various reports this morning Carlo is considering dropping Drogba against Blackburn

Fair play to him if he did. Drogba could well throw the toys from the pram but he definitely needs a wake up call one way or another, plus I'd love to see Sturridge start a league game.

Youth Cup match kicks off at 1pm today, was moved from tonight. It's on Chelsea TV, college work can wait until later. ;)

Has to be a reason for it, if it was due to poor form then more then half the starting 11 would be dropped. If Drogba is dropped he isnt the type to complain, he will just have to knuckle down, he is our main threat at the end of the day and he has to perform.
    Essien wrote: »
    Fair play to him if he did. Drogba could well throw the toys from the pram but he definitely needs a wake up call one way or another, plus I'd love to see Sturridge start a league game.

Would love to see Sturridge play wide left off Drogba, once he starts, if he scores after a start then his confidence will be sky high.

Sunderland just hit the post,It was Billy Knott!He is playing very well against us, he's very talented but must have done something bad to be released by us.

• Advertisement

Now Billy Clifford hit the post for us! Great run by far our best player so far, great future ahead of him at RB.

0-0 at HT, we've been the better side and had the better chances but conditions are making it hard.

Cheers for the updates Johner, keep us posted. :D

Goal. :) 1-0 Chalobah! Good work by Billy Clifford again. :) 61minutes gone.

Saville 2-0 game over. :D

2-0 FT, good performance by the young lad especially away from home.

Next round is Arsenal at home at the bridge, hoping Josh McEachran is back for that one.

report here,
    YOUTH CUP REPORT: SUNDERLAND 0 CHELSEA 2
    Posted on: Thu 13 Jan 2011

Second-half goals from schoolboy Nathaniel Chalobah and midfielder George Saville were sufficient to win a competitive encounter in the north-east and line-up a Stamford Bridge match against Arsenal in the fourth round.

Both goals were scrambled affairs following set-pieces. Chalobah (pictured), an England Under 17 international, who only turned 16 in December, scored from just a couple of yards out, and Saville, a 17-year-old in his second full-time year, was not much further from goal when he hit the target.

That was indicative of a tight encounter between two strong sides who each struck woodwork in the first 45 minutes.

The match was held behind-closed-doors at Sunderland's youth training ground - The Academy of Light - a late switch from the original venue due to the state of the pitch at the Eppleton Colliery Welfare Ground.

It was the Chelsea youth team's first game for a month. Sunderland, who top their section of the Academy League, had been inactive for even longer, and it took a while for either side to carve out a chance.

Eight minutes in came the first opening for Chelsea after full-back Billy Clifford and winger Todd Kane combined down the right, Clifford's cross falling for Milan Lalkovic but from a difficult position the Slovakian hit a bouncing ball over.

On 13 minutes, Jamal Blackman in the Chelsea goal didn't get a full hand on a free-kick crossed into the box in blustery conditions but the Blues survived.

It needed a great save from Blackman's opposite number Lewis King 19 minutes in to keep out Lalkovic when the centre-forward hit a sweet volley on target from a Kane cross, following more good work from Clifford in the build-up. Bobby Devyne couldn't snaffle up the rebound.

In the next 10 minutes former Chelsea youth team player Billly Knott, a team-mate of several of this Chelsea team last season was involved twice, first earning a yellow card for a foul on Archange Nkumu.

Sunderland were looking dangerous from set-pieces and when one was headed down inside the area on 31 minutes, there was good fortune for Chelsea as Knott volleyed hard and low against the post.

Before that, Sunderland striker Jordan Laidler headed a cross on target, only for Blackman to turn it wide at full-stretch.

On 38 minutes Chelsea evened the woodwork count when Clifford caught Adam Mitchell napping and carried the ball 20 yards before his effort beat the keeper but cannoned back into play off the foot of a post.

In the 10 minutes before the break Chelsea began to take control of the game and there could have been an opener when Lalkovic scooped over the bar from close range, and again when the same player's lob was too high as Sunderland's defence was caught out by a long punt from the back by Danny Pappoe.

There was plenty of defending for Chelsea to do early in the second half and when Anton Rodgers couldn't cut out a pass and Knott found himself in the clear, there was much relief when the midfielder rolled his chance wide.

Chelsea made a change on 53 minutes, Ben Sampayo coming on at right-back with Clifford moving into midfield. Nkumu was the player to make way with Nathaniel Chalobah dropping into central defence.

The Blues were attempting to use the pace of Lalkovic, often a winger, by trying to find him early, but the tactic wasn't paying dividends.

It was perhaps no surprise that when the opening goal came on 62 minutes, and given the tightness of the game, it took a set-piece to break the deadlock.

Sunderland gave away a free-kick midway inside their half for a shirt tug and although the delivery was dangerous, it was initially headed clear. Clifford returned the ball back into a crowded six-yard box and Chalobah was in the right place to divert the ball over the line.

The second goal, scored on 75 minutes, came from the same supply line as the first, a free-kick from Anton Rodgers, son of Swansea manager and former Chelsea reserve coach Brendan.

It was awarded for a foul on Devyne and again Sunderland cleared the ball but only for a game of pinball to follow in the home side's penalty area. First Saville's shot was blocked, as was the follow up effort from Clifford, before Saville turned it in at his second time of asking.

Chelsea played out the rest of the game without scares. Laidler found space near the end but shot wide with the home side's final half-chance.

The first hurdle in the defence of the FA Youth Cup had been cleared.

Chelsea (4-3-3): Jamal Blackman; Billy Clifford, Daniel Pappoe (c), Archange Nkumu (Ben Sampayo 53), Aziz Deen-Conteh; Nathaniel Chalobah (Adam Nditi 90+2), Anton Rodgers, George Saville; Todd Kane, Milan Lalkovic, Bobby Devyne.

Sunderland (4-1-2-1-2): Lewis King; Liam Marrs, John Egan, Michael Lamb, Jordan Watson; Louis Liang; Andrew Harrison, Brett Elliot; Billy Knott; Adam Mitchell, Jordan Laidler.

Chelsea host Arsenal's youth in the fourth round at Stamford Bridge next Wednesday, 19 January.

Kick-off is 7pm with tickets costing £3 for adults and £1 for concessions.

They must be purchased via the box office - in person, online or by phone by 4pm on Wednesday 19 January to ensure entry. No tickets will be sold after 4pm on the day of the match.

For postal delivery, tickets need to be purchased by 1pm Friday 14 January.

This Saturday's home youth league game against West Ham has been postponed.

Apparently in for Alexis Sanchez, would be a fantastic addition.

Rumours stating our bid for Subotic has been rejected as Dortmund have said the won't sell in January.

It looks like Bos is on his way out. Looks like Milan are waiting until the summer to snap him up on a free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Rumours stating our bid for Subotic has been rejected as Dortmund have said the won't sell in January.

It looks like Bos is on his way out. Looks like Milan are waiting until the summer to snap him up on a free.

What the hell is the story with the lack of love for bosingwa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Apparently in for Alexis Sanchez, would be a fantastic addition.

I've been screaming for him and Neymar or Pato since the summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

What the hell is the story with the lack of love for bosingwa?

I think ye overrate him terribly. Ye always look much more likely to concede when he's playing. Ivanovic is far better.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I think ye overrate him terribly. Ye always look much more likely to concede when he's playing. Ivanovic is far better.

His first season he was the best RB in the league. He's no pushover defensively either, even if he is alittle bit lightweight, anyone remember the CL when he played LB and marked Messi? Anyone remember Messi that night? Neither do I..

Subotic deal is looking unlikely, Dortmund don't want to sell mid season..

Couple of reports that we are closing in on Luiz though, £20m deal with Ferreira going the other way.

flahavaj wrote: »

Ivanovic doesnt offer half as much going forward, when Anelka plays wide right he tends to cut in, leaving a huge gap on the right, and with an attacking RB like Bosingwa in the team he has the natural attacking nature to get into that space, Ivanovic is a better all round defender but id much prefer Bosingwa at RB.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    His first season he was the best RB in the league. He's no pushover defensively either, even if he is alittle bit lightweight, anyone remember the CL when he played LB and marked Messi? Anyone remember Messi that night? Neither do I..

Agreed, before the injury he was one of the top RB's in Europe, if we let him go it will be a lose. As much as I think Ivanovic is a fine player, going forward he isnt as good as Bosingwa, except at set pieces :pac:

• Advertisement

V9 wrote: »
    I've been screaming for him and Neymar or Pato since the summer!

Pato please, I've been looking to sign him since before Carlo arrived, I was hoping he would bring Pato with him, I think Pato would be brillant in the EPL too.

On a side note, anyone watch the Madrid derby last night? Aguero had a good game despite Atelico been beaten, apart from De Gea he was there best player, a constant threat and a fine player, would love to see him at the Bridge.

Anyway, it is likely that we will lose Bos in the summer most likely to Bayern or Milan. Most likely replacement would be Gregory Van der Wiel.

A quote from Frank Arneson.

"Our priority is now a central defender with Alex injured.
    "Gregory is on our number one list but not currently at the top. If we're serious, nothing will happen until the summer."

Piennar talks have broken down and will sign for a major european club in summer, no big loss really.

Piennar talks have broken down and will sign for a major european club in summer, no big loss really.
    That's like a bloke chatting up a girl and when she turns him down calling her a lesbian

I'm actually a little disappointed. Would have been a good addition for 3million, proven PL player but as you say it's no big loss just would have been a good bargain imo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement