Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Johner wrote: »
    We're are all the Ramires haters now? He has been great again today.

Where ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Sssh monkey trying to watch and type. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not a hater of anyone in a Chelsea shirt, but I think Ramires has had a poor season so far. Happy to stand by that opinion and happy to admit he has been good today.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Not a hater of anyone in a Chelsea shirt, but Ramires has had a poor season so far. Happy to stand by that opinion and happy to admit he has been good today.

People on here where on his back after a few games, he needs time to adapt.

Is that table right on BBC ?? 6 pts behind united and they have 2 games in hand ??

I thought it was virtually 9, not 12 ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

the_monkey wrote: »
    Is that table right on BBC ?? 6 pts behind united and they have 2 games in hand ??

At least you dodged playing United when you were sh1t.

Glazers Out!

jesus it is , f*ck i didn't realise it was that bad.

Well all in for CL this season, no way we are getting a 12 point
    deficit back ... jesus remember when I was moaning about possibly being 10 points behind united at christmas ?? well i was being optimistic then !!!
    it's worse - makes the win that more frustrating today, like we are being teased - too little too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We were pretty woeful for the majority of the match today. Midfield was shocking, dunno what has happened with Essien but he hasn't played well in a while. Brana was def my MOTM, not only for his involvement for both goals but both he and Terry look like the only players giving it 100%. McEachran really opened up the game for us when he came on, his smart movement and passing created alot more space and finally enabled us to get a few shots off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

jesus it is , f*ck i didn't realise it was that bad.

Well all in for CL this season, no way we are getting a 12 point
    deficit back ... jesus remember when I was moaning about possibly being 10 points behind united at christmas ?? well i was being optimistic then !!!
    it's worse - makes the win that more frustrating today, like we are being teased - too little too late.

Spurs will beat them tomorrow, 3 points back
    Man City beat them 3 points back
    We beat them 3 points back
    They draw at Liverpool 2 points back
    Arsenal beat them 3 points back
    A draw with us 2 points back.

Anything can and still happen!
    Never surrender, never give up......Waterloo, Dunkirk, Rourke's Drift, The Martian Colonies. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Good to be back to winning ways.. Still, I reckon the league is over for this season. Concentrate on the Champions League and FA Cup now I reckon.

Anyone else worried we haven't even looked like coming close to signing anyone yet? We're half way through the transfer window at this stage! Definately need a defender if we are to compete at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Virtually 13 with the goal difference...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Spurs will beat them tomorrow, 3 points back maybe
    Man City beat them 3 points back At Old Trafford? pfffffffft
    We beat them 3 points back maybe
    They draw at Liverpool 2 points back maybe
    Arsenal beat them 3 points back maybe
    A draw with us 2 points back. Nope 0 points back

Anything can and still happen!
    Never surrender, never give up......Waterloo, Dunkirk, Rourke's Drift, The Martian Colonies. :D

You have to remember Chelsea need to win practically every game from now until the end of the season while hoping Utd slip up enough times. Highly unlikely.

Also, when the Champons league starts back up again, I think it will be your priority big time. I think more points will be dropped when Lampard/Drogba/Essien start getting rested in the league for these big games.

I do think you could win the Champions league this season if the team turns things around as the fact you will be able to concentrate on it properly will be massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Don't worry guys Roman still loves the club was
    talking to a taxi driver last night and he told he knows a very good friend of Romans called Natalia (unreal) the taxi driver who is Russian sold photos to her, he did tell me that Roman doesn't want to make panic buy signings in Jan but he will keep me informed if any deals are in pipeline.

Reading this morning that the Peinaar deal is still on but we're also in for Krancjaer

smuckers wrote: »
    Don't worry guys Roman still loves the club was
    talking to a taxi driver last night and he told he knows a very good friend of Romans called Natalia (unreal) the taxi driver who is Russian sold photos to her, he did tell me that Roman doesn't want to make panic buy signings in Jan but he will keep me informed if any deals are in pipeline.
    Reading this morning that the Peinaar deal is still on but we're also in for Krancjaer

Is this reliable ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Is this reliable ?

can you get more reliable than a random russian taxi driver, who says he's friends with someone who says they're friends with Roman???
    not in my eyes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

From the BBC
    Everton boss David Moyes on Steven Pienaar:
    "We've had one offer from Chelsea which has been accepted. The offer we have had from Tottenham hasn't been accepted. He spoke to me yesterday and said he didn't feel his head was right to play in the game."

I know we have been ****e this season but how the hell are that United team unbeaten, they really aren't that good.

You have to remember Chelsea need to win practically every game from now until the end of the season while hoping Utd slip up enough times. Highly unlikely.

Also, when the Champons league starts back up again, I think it will be your priority big time. I think more points will be dropped when Lampard/Drogba/Essien start getting rested in the league for these big games.

I do think you could win the Champions league this season if the team turns things around as the fact you will be able to concentrate on it properly will be massive.

See 2 points back already, and back in 4th place!
    The gap is down to 7 points with a game in hand to them.
    I dont count points until they are "on the board", "in the bag" whatever.
    I know its unlikely, but whilst its still possible, then I'll keep believing, cos positive thoughts are a whole lot better than negative ones!
    (And in the style of Man U, they never give up until the whistle blows, so why should we?!)

Drogba was desperately unlucky not to score, and I think he will get that touch of luck he needs again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I know we have been ****e this season but how the hell are that United team unbeaten, they really aren't that good.

They've been pretty lucky, but they've taken their chances and defended well when required, best of an atrocious lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Football 365 are calling Essien a one season wonder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Lol, which season?

Seemed reliable, he's not a football fan himself, but his wife is a chelsea fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

smuckers wrote: »
    Seemed reliable, he's not a football fan himself, but his wife is a chelsea fan

Is he the same guy who said Aguero was going to be announced last week?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Looks like the Pienaar deal is still on.

FFS! :eek:

Essien's tore a hamstring in 2009, a medial ligament in Jan 2010, 4 lots of surgery on it and then his toe in Nov 2010.

Cech has never fully mentally recovered from having his skull fractured

Drogba had malaria FFS. You know, it has been known to kill people!

Lampard's tendon came off the bone, he said it aint ever going back and will be injured for the rest of his life

Cole has some persistant ankle injuy

Terry, thigh and chronic back problems

Thats the whole spine of the team crocked and never going to be 100%

But people still expect them all to come back right as rain and play fast paced sport at the highest level! Of course they're not going to be the same as before!
    I'd like to see these journalists go for a mile jog after some of that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

so Everton appear to have accepted Chelsea's bid, and all thats left is for Pienaar to agree personal terms.
    If he does arrive, I'll welcome him. As I said in a previous post, his presence might put the skids up our attacking players. His has a bit of pace and isn't afraid to drive forward in possession, something our laboured looking play desperately needs I think. if Josh and Danny get their game alongside Pienaar, it may be an interesting prospect.

no the aguero story was from a guy on chelsea site

papagormo wrote: »
    so Everton appear to have accepted Chelsea's bid, and all thats left is for Pienaar to agree personal terms.
    If he does arrive, I'll welcome him. As I said in a previous post, his presence might put the skids up our attacking players. His has a bit of pace and isn't afraid to drive forward in possession, something our laboured looking play desperately needs I think. if Josh and Danny get their game alongside Pienaar, it may be an interesting prospect.

He's creative and could offer something different, unlock the tricky defences when the normal ways wont for example.
    The rumours are that he wants 70k a week and chelsea wont pay it.
    But I dont think its too bad compared to what some of them are on.
    He would be a good Jan buy for this season. A short term option.

Arry seems to think that Roman has gone over Ancelottis head with the Pienarr deal, is he just trying to stir **** or does he know more than we do??

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6666770,00.html

""I don't know if we would be prepared to match that offer to be honest with you. I doubt it very much," he said.

"The chairman made an offer to take him but Chelsea have come in with £3million and if Everton are prepared to sell him they would probably get him.

"It's all very strange to me how they have suddenly offered £3million for him.

"The manager of Chelsea, he's a lovely guy and honest as the day is long, comes on television and denies they made an offer for Pienaar. I don't know who has made the offer.

"I've got my own ideas about the whole situation but I couldn't say. I think I do know what's happening but if I said I would be in big trouble.""

the big thing that worries me is that if Pienarr comes in this immedeatly means he will either be the first choice sub ahead of McEachran or he'll take over Ramires place and then Josh is still down the pecking order!!

wish we were announcing a new defender instead!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Carlo was correct in saying he was not in for SP , keep saying till he is standing in the bridge with a Chelsea shirt on his back !

We have been caught out before , keep the cards close to your chest .

Sure how many managers have said they were not interested in a deal for a player but were secretly doing the deal in the background .

I think it's a great singing for us and he can play CL football !

Need a few fresh faces to give people a kick in the arse !

Now let's be having a central defender and world class striker , that's not too much to ask is it ?

Oh and loan kalou down to the championship , he shud find his level down there !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Decent weekend for us this weekend, Utd drew, even though I expected them to lose, they really are'nt that great of a team and they will not go unbeaten in this league season, Spurs were unlucky, I would have liked to see them lose see how they cope with it.

However, main thing is we picked up 3 points and I think for some of the match we werent great either, still, 3 points is 3 points and i'll take them however they come.

If the Piennar deal is still on Id like to get it done ASAP, in saying that, im not pushed if we sign him and have said it before.

I really like Pienaar, would definitely be a good addition imo. He's good on the ball, quick and has good movement. As I said before it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't get him but he's a good little player and for 3 million we can't really go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pienaar would be eligible for the CL too wouldnt he? Good addition to the squad for the money we would pay, Id just hope he doesnt price himself out of possibily the biggest move of his career, if he does then we will move on, we have Ramieres playing well, Josh getting time and LAmps on the comebcak trail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Was at the game with junior on sat, great to see Josh getting game time and well able to hold his own coming on for the Bison (more attacking than the Bison as well), thought Sturridge was a huge threat, Kalou looked threatening. If we can give game time to Brouma and Kakuta then we might not need more additions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Fiskar wrote: »
    Was at the game with junior on sat, great to see Josh getting game time and well able to hold his own coming on for the Bison (more attacking than the Bison as well), thought Sturridge was a huge threat, Kalou looked threatening. If we can give game time to Brouma and Kakuta then we might not need more additions?

As much as I like Bruma, he's not good enough in the air. I think he might be a candidate for a RB, but we'll see.

Kalou looks a threat when he comes on, but the majority of times he gets a start he is awful, nothing more then a super sub.

Sturridge is a real prospect, should be given a chance to play up front.

Kakuta is very talented, now that the contract shíte is over he should be given a real chance.

• Advertisement

Youth Cup 4th round against Arsenal at the bridge on Thursday, should be a cracker! really hoping Josh plays.

I see Bent has handed in a transfer request to Sunderland.
    Now they want 20 million, how bout making an offer of half that?
    Hes not afraid to get a goal or two. Him and Sturridge upfront, goalfests.

delighted to see us linked with Sanchez today:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6668713,00.html

25million quote from Udinese, im fine with that, make it happen!!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    delighted to see us linked with Sanchez today:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6668713,00.html

25million quote from Udinese, im fine with that, make it happen!!

Offer them 20 million and ahhh (cough) Paulo..
    They need him in defence!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

it really is a sign of the times with Abramovich that he wont give pienaar the money he wants

Abramovich has been alot more careful with his money since Shevchenko.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

papagormo wrote: »
    Offer them 20 million and ahhh (cough) Paulo..
    They need him in defence!:pac:

He has a release cause of 17m............. + Paulo

Anyone else think Josh is ready to start a PL game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Gotta go with Berba here,

He has a release cause of 17m............. + Paulo

On second thoughts...think we defo need to hold onto Paulo..:pac:

If you look at all the team forums, they are awash with ever hopeful fan posts about this player and that player.
    Suarez, Luiz, Sanchez, Lukakau, etc, etc have all been linked with all of the same clubs.
    The simple truth and sad news, in my opinion, is that none of:
    Chelsea
    Man U
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    Spurs

are going to spend in Jan and certainly not spend big.
    For one thing, clubs just dont like selling in January, but the main reason is for all those clubs, the days of spending big are over.
    Look at Man U. They used to splash out 40-50 every season or so, but that ended with Berbatov, now they shop around the 10 million bracket, despite the riches gained from Ronaldo's sale. Only Fergies remarkable man management is getting the poorest squad he has ever had, punching above their weight, and all the other teams like us are helping them by being inconsistant. I can see them declining when he eventually retires.
    Liverpool will never recover, the new owners just dont or wont invest. Wenger just wont spend, determined to prove a point. Roman has some sort of grand plan which is either wind down so he can sell up or gambling on the kids to meet the new Fifa rules.

I hate to say it, but Man City will dominate now, they could even win it this season.

Look at our beloved Chelsea, linked with a 3 million quid Toffee bench warmer that seems a lot closer to the truth than Luiz etc.
    These are sad days indeed

The players will either go to Man City or Spain

Only Villa look as though they will gamble 18 million to stop them losing 50 million if they get relegated.

I really hope I am proved wrong about us spending.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

He will pay the money for a player that is woth the money , SP is not a bad player but no way is he worth 70k a week ,

I love to know what he earns at Everton, typical attitude see a big club is in for you and you think your on the gravy train ! Makes my blood boil . Could of come in for a season or 2 at 30-45k per week with a review after a season or so if he has shown his worth .

I spend lots of my hard earned cash supporting the club and I'm glad to see there no longer willing to throw it away on a whim !

I've no problem with the club paying big wedge to proven , youngish superstars but to a lad that has not won so much a tidley winks competion , no thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

If you look at all the team forums, they are awash with ever hopeful fan posts about this player and that player.
    Suarez, Luiz, Sanchez, Lukakau, etc, etc have all been linked with all of the same clubs.
    Chelsea
    Man U
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    Spurs

For one thing, clubs just dont like selling in January, but the main reason is for all those clubs, the days of spending big are over.
    Look at Man U. They used to splash out 40-50 every season or so, but that ended with Berbatov, now they shop around the 10 million bracket, despite the riches gained from Ronaldo's sale. Only Fergies remarkable man management is getting the poorest squad he has ever had, punching above their weight, and all the other teams like us are helping them by being inconsistant. I can see them declining when he eventually retires.
    Liverpool will never recover, the new owners just dont or wont invest. Wenger just wont spend, determined to prove a point. Roman has some sort of grand plan which is either wind down so he can sell up or gambling on the kids to meet the new Fifa rules.

I hate to say it, but Man City will dominate now, they could even win it this season.

Look at our beloved Chelsea, linked with a 3 million quid Toffee bench warmer that seems a lot closer to the truth than Luiz etc.

Only Villa look as though they will gamble 18 million to stop them losing 50 million if they get relegated.

I have to disagree with you a little bit my friend.
    I think Chelsea will spend big if the right player comes along eg Torres, Kaka
    Joe Lewis seems to be itching to spend at Spurs
    Who knows what the new Pool owners will spend.
    Wenger seems determined not to spend though for some reason.
    United are broke imo

Chelsea
    Man U
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    Spurs

Look at Man U. They used to splash out 40-50 every season or so, but that ended with Berbatov, now they shop around the 10 million bracket, despite the
    riches gained from Ronaldo's sale. Only Fergies remarkable man management is getting the poorest squad he has ever had, punching above their weight, and all the other teams like us are helping them by being inconsistant. I can see them declining when he eventually retires.

I hate to say it, but Man City will dominate now, they could even win it this
    season.

RA just wrote off 600-700 milion pounds in loans to the club last season , he is entitled to be a little more coy with his money , we arein a great position, not only are we debt free but also in terms of our youth stragey , it's now a case of striking a balance between the experience and youth.

If there is a top player to be had and some value while were at it then the club will spend away , we put in some big money bids on torres this summer, I think your being a bit hasty with the doom and gloom post!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement