Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

I know Roman has been very careful with his money of late but I would like to know how much of "his" money we are actually relying upon these days and how much the club itself as a business entity could afford.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

amiable wrote: »
    I have to disagree with you a little bit my friend.
    I think Chelsea will spend big if the right player comes along eg Torres, Kaka
    Joe Lewis seems to be itching to spend at Spurs
    Who knows what the new Pool owners will spend.
    Wenger seems determined not to spend though for some reason.
    United are broke imo

Actually isn't wenger ready to spend 10 million on the 17 year old kid chamberlain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Actually isn't wenger ready to spend 10 million on the 17 year old kid chamberlain ?
    Supposedly but i thought we were talking about 20mill plus players already proven.
    The fee for that kid is rumoured to be 5mill plus add ons up to 10mill based on success. I'm not privy to Arsenal negotiations but thats what i read

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Raedwald wrote: »
    I know Roman has been very careful with his money of late but I would like to know how much of "his" money we are actually relying upon these days and how much the club itself as a business entity could afford.

We are not far from being self sufficient I think , but and it's a big but , if we make any big signings I would think RA would have to finance the deal as is the same with every other club in the league !

Not many clubs within the league would be any where near being nearly self sufficient.

Supposedly but i thought we were talking about 20mill plus players already proven.
    The fee for that kid is rumoured to be 5mill plus add ons up to 10mill based on success. I'm not privy to Arsenal negotiations but thats what i read

IMO if you are spending 10 million plus on a player in January , first he should be of a very good standard and secondly he should be able play in the champions league for us .

Ala anelka 15 million proven pedigree although known to have had troubles in the past and was able to play in the in the cl after we bought him in the January window.

Now how many players fit that bracket in this January window ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

IMO if you are spending 10 million plus on a player in January , first he should be of a very good standard and secondly he should be able play in the champions league for us .

Ala anelka 15 million proven pedigree although known to have had troubles in the past and was able to play in the in the cl after we bought him in the January window.

Now how many players fit that bracket in this January window ?
    I'm not sure mate. Maybe the Chelsea scouts will find a hidden gem?

I'm not sure mate. Maybe the Chelsea scouts will find a hidden gem?

I can't think of any players that fit the bracket to be honest and I don't really see if making any huge signings till the summer ,

We might nip in for a good central defender but most of the good prospects on offer are English which for some reason demands a premium straight off the bat and well secondly most of them are not nearing the end of there contracts and thirdly most clubs don't want to be selling big players in January as there very hard to replace.

All in all cahill or jones could cost us 20 or more which would be silly money IMO

I will be happy if he arrives but I'm airing on the side of caution and think this deal will more than likely happen in the summer , I think he can't play in europe for us , but I suppose Alex should be back by then .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

BERBA wrote: »
    it really is a sign of the times with Abramovich that he wont give pienaar the money he wants

Meh, if he goes to Spurs I wont lose any sleep, decent player and in fairness this looks to be his last "big" move so maybe he wants the big $$$$ but if he prices himself out of move thats his own decision.

Id rather pay 20M+ for Sanchez, thats just me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Few places reporting Spurs have got Pienaar.

Luiz would be a fantastic signing but also can't see it done until the summer.

Tickets for the Copenhagen away match.:eek: That's nearly worse than Stamford Bridge.:pac:

Ticket prices
    Tickets for this match are priced at £66 and we have received an allocation of 1931 tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Talksport reporting rumours that you lot have tabled a last minute bid for Darren Bent and he's to fly to London today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

not for the money that villa have been quoted, prob crap.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Talksport reporting rumours that you lot have tabled a last minute bid for Darren Bent and he's to fly to London today...

Id hope not, hes not worth 10M let alone say anything near or over 20M.
    smuckers wrote: »
    not for the money that villa have been quoted, prob crap.

Im gonna agree, until I see it happen I wont believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1348162/Premier-League-chief-convinced-Chelsea-Man-City-UEFA-cash-limit-fears.html

Daily rag questions the new uefa rules. I must admit, I think it would exclude most the clubs, including Barca and RM, so would they really kick teams out?

There was a main thread in the SF about it and I questioned how the big clubs would get "punished" if they breach the rules. TBH, some club will breach the rules and if it happens to be a top team form EPL/La Liga/Series A/Bundesliga/Eredivise I'd like to see what, if any action UEFA woudl take.

Always said that Pienaar lad was shit anyway.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Of course why have Pienaar when you can have Ramires. ;)

Think we're almost certain to get Luiz and possibly an attacking midfielder, Sanchez or even lets put a sneaky bid in for Modric?
    All gone quiet on the aguero front unfortunately. :(

• Advertisement

Of course why have Pienaar when you can have Ramires. ;)

Well you have just hit the nail on the head, Ramieres will be a better player then Pienaar.

Pienaar would have been a decent option, but id rather give game time to young Joshy and Ramieres TBH.

gavredking wrote: »
    Well you have just hit the nail on the head, Ramieres will be a better player then Pienaar.

Pienaar would have been a decent option, but id rather give game time to young Joshy and Ramieres TBH.

Based on what? Went missing against the big teams so far!

Admit that Spurs won todays battle.

Seen McEachran once- looks OK but you can't stick him in the first XI this early.

Seen McEachran once- looks OK but you can't stick him in the first XI this early.

I'll admit nothing, if you look at my posts, never once have I pined for Pienaar ( kind of rhymes :pac: ) Spurs can have him, I wish him the best.

Also, look back at CM's that came to this country and settled straight away, after been thrown into the deep end, when even your own manager adnmitted he would have prefered to have given him time to settle, there is not many who have made an immediate impact.

You haven't seen enough of Josh, in his cameo's hes looked more then capable and has played away in the CL too, he may lack the stamina for a full EPL 90 mins but hes good enough to start.

I'll admit nothing, if you look at my posts, never once have I pined for Pienaar ( kind of rhymes :pac: ) Spurs can have him, I wish him the best.

Also, look back at CM's that came to this country and settled straight away, after been thrown into the deep end, when even your own manager adnmitted he would have prefered to have given him time to settle, there is not many who have made an immediate impact.

You haven't seen enough of Josh, in his cameo's hes looked more then capable and has played away in the CL too, he may lack the stamina for a full EPL 90 mins but hes good enough to start.

Sorry, but Ramires already has a touch of the Juan Veron 2001-04 about him. Might turn out to be a good player away from England, or back in Portugal again, but just didn't hit gear in the Premier League. At the same time, I recognise some of his more senior colleagues certainly went missing against the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Sunderland too.

Saw against him Zilina -looked good, but it would be too much pressure to start the young lad in so many matches, given it will need experience to prevent the season being an obvious disaster by your club's modern standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

If i remember correctly, Ramires played very well against Arsenal at the bridge.

shano_88 wrote: »
    If i remember correctly, Ramires played very well against Arsenal at the bridge.

Well, I meant the match at the Emirates last month.

Sorry, but Ramires already has a touch of the Juan Veron 2001-04 about him. Might turn out to be a good player away from England, or back in Portugal again, but just didn't hit gear in the Premier League. At the same time, I recognise some of his more senior colleagues certainly went missing against the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Sunderland too.

Saw against him Zilina -looked good, but it would be too much pressure to start the young lad in so many matches, given it will need experience to prevent the season being an obvious disaster by your club's modern standards.

Been padentic here, I think Ramires has more of a battler style to him then Veron and will suit the EPL better, and in time, I feel he will be a great player for us, in the last 2 or 3 games the difference has shown, he doesnt take un-necessary touches and he isnt holding the ball too long, but I agree, hes far from the finished article and only time will tell if he flops are not.

Agree that its hard to throw the young guys in but if ya dont bleed themat some stage they will never progress and Chelsea dont have the luxury this year of bleeding them in, we have ahd to throw in Bruma, Josh and Sturridge into games lat year we would have had Deco, Ballack, Belletti, Carvalho, J.Cole to change things we now have a bench of young guys.

This season, IMO, has hit rock bottom, we are turning it around, at a minimum we must get in 4th and get to the CL, and thats a minimum.

He's settling into the PL and in the last few games has shown he is adapting and starting to play well, far too early to be calling him a flop.

Spurs won the battle? Pienaar wanted £70,000 a week and we wouldn't give that too him, fair enough if Spurs think he is worth that but imo he isn't. He's a very good player and I rate him but 70k a week is far too much for him and obviously the club thinks that too. He might have went to Spurs anyway but that could be because he thinks he has a better chance of getting into the first team.

McEachran looks ok? One of the brightest talent's in English football looks ok? Right, you obviously have seen very little of him, I have no doubts Josh could start a PL game next week and do very well. He is hugely talented and he has a very bright career ahead of him in the game. Carlo is taking it easy with him at the moment.

Johner wrote: »

Spurs won the battle? Pienaar wanted £70,000 a week and we wouldn't give that too him, fair enough if Spurs think he is worth that but imo he isn't. He's a very good player and I rate him but 70k a week is far too much for him and obviously the club thinks that too. He might have went to Spurs anyway but that could be because he thinks he has a better chance of getting into the first team.

3 interesting views on Pienaar

http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/01/18/why-did-steven-pienaar-choose-tottenham-over-chelsea-the-answer/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/18/tottenham-chelsea-steven-pienaar-everton

http://www.sabcnews.com/portal/site/SABCNews/menuitem.5c4f8fe7ee929f602ea12ea1674daeb9/?vgnextoid=b8b9e343b499d210VgnVCM10000077d4ea9bRCRD&vgnextfmt=default

Lets see if spurs or us are in the top four come the end of the season, that will have interesting consequences!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Josh McEachran to play against Arsenal in FA Youth Cup on Thursday evening. Times like this, I'm delighted to have Chelsea TV. Looking forward to this.
    And quotes coming from Italy suggest we really ARE in for Sanchez. Things are looking up!

• Advertisement

Good news about Josh, can't wait to see him pulling the strings on Thursday. :) Should be a cracking match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hopefully we can tie up a deal for Luiz by the end of the week, probably will be our only signing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Same old ****e being sprouted about Ramires in here I see :rolleyes:

Ramires has had a few good games on the bounce and that's great to see.

But I will judge him after a season or two , give him time to adapt.

Can't wait for our next game , all this Chelsea are done muck floating about at the moment !

Even spurs fans thinking they can out do us !

"we are the Chelsea and we are the best , we are the Chelsea so f@&k all the rest"

KTBF !!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Better news then any Pienaar deal, good ridance if he wants to go to spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

What's the problem chaps. Your club has finally become financially sensible again. 70k for Pienaar a week? He's definitely not worth that. It's not up there with the ridiculous wages Wayne Bridge's gets but it's still far to much for what he would offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd imagine our defence and the addition of a young upcoming striker is more or less top of the priority list at this moment in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Le King wrote: »
    What's the problem chaps. Your club has finally become financially sensible again. 70k for Pienaar a week? He's definitely not worth that. It's not up there with the ridiculous wages Wayne Bridge's gets but it's still far to much for what he would offer.

I agree.

A signing like Pienaar would only paper over any cracks anyway, we need long term solutions to help build our future and not temporary types who may fill a gap for a year or two.

• Advertisement

Telegraph says we want Downing, another overrated player

Telegraph says we want Downing, another overrated player

Wouldnt read much into it, I can imagine there will be stories of clubs linked with Villa players, as they try and get back 18million from the Bent deal.

If there is any truth in it, please go away Downing.

If Downing came I think I would actually cry.

Im going to have to agree Johner, crying and maybe banging my head off a wall, but I think we're safe, I dont expect us to bring him in, I hope anyway :(

Can't see it happening either thankfully.

Luiz on the other hand would be a fantastic signing, really hope it happens.

Other then Pienaar, there was no serious offers or enqueries made by Chelsea for players, that we know of, so I dont think we will be splashing in this transfer window, but then on the other hand, becasue we have been so quite makes me believe we are working on something.

Id expect changes in the summer but not holding my breath for Jan signings.

Players id like to see :
    G. Cahill
    Pjanic
    Pato
    Aguero
    Lukaku
    Suarez
    Schweinsteiger
    De Weil - If Bosingwa leaves
    Alexis Sanchez

Chances of any of them happening in Jan is almost zero but I have hopes we will capture at least 1 of the above.

• Advertisement

FFS according to reports in Belgium Lukaku close to joining city, he'll join in july how many strikers do they need?

City are always linked with the best players and best young players around.

If it happens I think they will have 10 strikers with a few on loan at the moment, jaysus its a game in its self trying name them all. :D

I'd take Jo if he was cheap from City, give him a shot, decent player IMO.

Little Home & Away interview with the Bison on Chelsea FC.com

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2270312,00.html

HOME AND AWAY: MICHAEL ESSIEN

HOME
    How do things work at Cobham for you?
    Everything is good at Cobham, I really enjoy it here. I always have a bit of treatment in the morning and then I go training, it's good.

Which of your team-mates impressed you at the weekend?
    That has to be Brani /COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://www.chelseafc.com/page/PlayerProfileDetail/0,,10268~39508,00.html"][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Branislav Ivanovic[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=2][COLOR=black. He really impressed me, he scored and we really needed that win.

Does the crowd ever grab your attention during a game?
    I don't really pay much attention to it. I really focus on the game so all my attention is taken by watching what's happening around me. I just concentrate on the game.

What's the most memorable dressing down you have ever experienced at half-time?
    Oh, that's a difficult one. I can't remember, or don't want to. I think that's a good one to forget!

What is home for you?
    That will be London and Cobham. I feel like it's home here. If I need anything from Ghana, like food, I can get it here. This is my home.

AWAY
    Which other sports do you enjoy?
    I like watching tennis and basketball but it's not every day you can watch it on TV. I don't play them though.

Do you possess any other hidden talents?
    I am pretty good at ping pong, I found that out when I was in rehab last year, I used to play a lot and I beat everybody. I'm quite good at it!

What is your favourite place to get away from it all?
    I would have to say Monaco; I go there quite a lot. My agent lives there and anytime I get the chance I always go there. I used to go to the Grand Prix every year but the last three weeks there have been fixtures to play, so I couldn't.

Do you have any famous friends?
    Yes I do but I think I'll keep that a secret!

Also mentioned is a day dedicated to Chelsea's number 5 on Friday on Chelsea TV, expect great goals and moments from Essien.

What a player.

FFS according to reports in Belgium Lukaku close to joining city, he'll join in july how many strikers do they need?

Noooo. :( Hopefully it's not true, really want him at the Bridge.

Other then Pienaar, there was no serious offers or enqueries made by Chelsea for players, that we know of, so I dont think we will be splashing in this transfer window, but then on the other hand, becasue we have been so quite makes me believe we are working on something.

Id expect changes in the summer but not holding my breath for Jan signings.

Players id like to see :
    G. Cahill
    Pjanic
    Pato
    Aguero
    Lukaku
    Suarez
    Schweinsteiger
    De Weil - If Bosingwa leaves
    Alexis Sanchez

Chances of any of them happening in Jan is almost zero but I have hopes we will capture at least 1 of the above.

I reckon the Luiz story could actually be true.(In that we are trying hard to get him!)
    Sky sports and the telegraph are normally reliable sources

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8267993/Chelsea-manager-Carlo-Ancelotti-hopes-fresh-21m-bid-for-David-Luiz-will-tempt-Benfica.html

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6673041,00.html

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/01/19/chelsea-to-complete-21m-defender-signing-with-24-hours/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement