Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

You sure he's injured? Watching foreign stream but he seemed ok when he went off.

The English stream I was watching said he was injured and that it would be a concern for Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Lukker- wrote: »
    Cech off injured.

He's Not.. CA plans on giving all 3 keepers 30 minutes each!! from CTV!

He's Not.. CA plans on giving all 3 keepers 30 minutes each!! from CTV!

Good, was my inital thought but the stream I'm watching said otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Clifford is ON :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Get in there the bison!

Get in Essien.

Essien scores a placed shot in a well worked move

Stupid challenge, Sinclair taken down in the box, penalty

eeeeeeh

or not..

Sturridge fires it into the wall, out for a corner.

Who's the kid wearing number 4?

This Chalobah boy is only 15 :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Great to see Essien back :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Who's the kid wearing number 4?

Patrick van Aanholt

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Glad to see some real football back and Essien of course.

Full-time, Essien with the only goal.
    Its odd seeing Mikel as probably the oldest on the pitch for Chelsea :o
    mudokon wrote: »
    Patrick van Aanholt

Checked his wiki, born on the 29th of August 1990.. thats 21 days after me.. what are they feeding this guys in the academy :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

cant say i was impressed by any of our youngsters, all over the place, headless chickens all out to impress and show off, no simple passing or flow to the way we were playing!!

half of them wont be in the next pre-season game once the first team players start to filter back, so we'll see who carlo wants another look at!!

had forgot jack cork existed btw, been waiting years for him to make the step up... but if him sinclair and mancienne dont make it through this year its surely time to be selling them off?

Checked his wiki, born on the 29th of August 1990.. thats 21 days after me.. what are they feeding this guys in the academy :eek:

Failed acadameny players..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Essien.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

The kids did well today, Mcrehan started slowly but became confident, Sturridge took the wrong option on few occassions but was much improved in second half.
    Di Santo is not good enough.
    Great to see Clifford come on and the bison is back with a bang.

Di santo was dog ****e. He has to be moved on.

Sturridge looked poor as well . hopefully he will improve.

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    Sturridge looked poor as well . hopefully he will improve.

His decision making was piss poor, always tried to over complicate it. He's got a bit too much of an ego for my liking.

I thought Sturridge looked bright but as Lukker says he made some poor decision's most notably the one on one. He has the potential though no doubt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

If you have sky sports news they are showing it regularly.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/6289039/

Good play by Sturridge, excellent lay off by Josh and great finish. Essien had an unreal left foot volley in the first half that smashed the bar as well.

My take on the youngsters performance yesterday and where they might fit in over the season.

Jeffery Bruma - Will probably see some time in the first team squad early on, at least until Bosingwa is back, If Carvalho leaves will also act as cover for CB.

Patrick Van Aanholt - Little first team squad action this season. looked unsure under crosses.

Ryan Bertrand - Showed great pace but defensive naivety, will get time on the bench if Cole of Zhirkov gets injured.

Nemanja Matic - Will have his place in the squad with the departures from midfield. Looked composed and showed decent range of passing although drifted out of the game as changes were made. I think he will get his fair share of first team action this year.

Josh McEachran - Great lay off for the goal. Another year season with the youths and possibly some reserve football. Too soon for him this season.

Franco Di Santo - Will possibly be moved on. Borini ahead of him in the pecking order.

Nathaniel Chalobah - Many years left for him in the youth set up.

Connor Clifford - Looked composed on the ball and made some decent passes although a season in the reserves would do him a world of good.

Jack Cork - Been around forever and just doesn't look up to it, caught out in possession several times and gave the ball away after a bright start with a decent header on goal.

Milan Lalkovic - Not the solution to our right side problems yet. Doesn't look the player Stoch did. Won't see any first team action this year but still very young.

Scott Sinclair - I can see him being shipped out permanently at this stage.

Daniel Sturridge - Should be pushing for his place in the first team squad. Does show promise but also indecision when on the ball.

We also have to see Gael Kakuta, Sam Hutchinson, Daniel Philliskirk, Michael Woods, Kaby Djalo, Franco Borini.

Turnbull was worrying yesterday. In all of the 30 minutes he was on he gave away what should have been a stonewall penalty in any meaningful match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Connor Clifford - Looked composed on the ball and made some decent passes although a season in the reserves would do him a world of good.

Daniel Sturridge - Should be pushing for his place in the first team squad. Does show promise but also indecision when on the ball.
    Two players id really love to see blossom... Like to see Clifford go out on loan have him challanged, was gutted to see Sturridge leave, always a favourite of mine!

Johner wrote: »
    Essien had an unreal left foot volley in the first half that smashed the bar as well.

You can see that again here, about 14 seconds in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Lads what are the chances of me getting 3 tickets for the Community Shield? I havent got any kind of membership. Will any go on general sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Chelsea Hate D'Spuds

Chelsea Have Drogba

• Advertisement

Alri lads, hows Turnbull doing?

Boro Fan.

A report in The Times today state that Mesut Ozil's contract talks with Werder Bremen have broken down & that they could be forced to sell him or lose him on a free transfer next year.

Hopefully we'll put a bid in for him. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

mudokon wrote: »
    A report in The Times today state that Mesut Ozil's contract talks with Werder Bremen have broken down & that they could be forced to sell him or lose him on a free transfer next year.

Hopefully we'll put a bid in for him. :D

There would be massive competition for his signature if he decides he wants to go. Id welcome it anyway.

blue-army wrote: »
    Lads what are the chances of me getting 3 tickets for the Community Shield? I havent got any kind of membership. Will any go on general sale?

I've got tickets and I am a member but I got them on general sale, I didn't book them but I'll ask my dad later on.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6269420,00.html

Carlo confirming the reason Cole left was because he wasnt given the salary he wanted, sad stuff.

Two players id really love to see blossom... Like to see Clifford go out on loan have him challanged, was gutted to see Sturridge leave, always a favourite of mine!

Sturridge leave??????????????

I F**KING LOVE ESSIEN :D

smuckers wrote: »
    Sturridge leave??????????????

Man City fan

Jeffrey Bruma close to joining Wolfsburg on a years loan here

• Advertisement

I think your on talking about the 30million Aguero bid + Di Santo going the other way.

Would be decent business for us, Aguero is worth about that and Di Santo cost us over 5 iirc.

Hopefully there is some truth in it.

Just got my ticket for the West Brom game in the Shed Lower. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

which part of the rumours?
    save me scrolling down reading all of it!:D

Just listening to the radio, Joe Cole has signed for Liverpool.

Edit : No Link or confirmation from SSN as yet though...............

papagormo wrote: »
    which part of the rumours?
    save me scrolling down reading all of it!:D

About ahlf way down the page :( I was stuck reading news about Blackpool and teams i have no interest in :D

gavredking wrote: »
    Just listening to the radio, Joe Cole has signed for Liverpool.

Edit : No Link or confirmation from SSN as yet though...............

On Sky sports news now.

Actually now that i think of it, if we have got in Yossi and shafted J.Cole, one can only assume that Yossi is cheaper weekly wage then J.Cole, but to pay 6million and let J.Cole go free nad subsequently join Liverpool is a bit stupid.

I would have much rather kept J.Cole then sign Yossi, especially in the way things have panned out for both players.

Anyway, ill always remember J.Cole for scoring "THE" goal that won us the league, that cheeky little back flick at Old Trafford ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

best possible move for cole I think, could be a massive player for them whereas as spurs I think he would have only been a bit part player!!

best of luck to him, I hope he is the best part of liverpools religation season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

what do ye make of Joe Cole?
    its not totally making sense to me, he was with a club that have just won the double and plays champions league football. to be fair he was really pushing for 1st team action on a more consistant basis towards the close of last season, although personally i always thought he was either 60/70 mins in him, after that the bad tackles seemed to start flying everywhere with him. he made a good impact sub aswell.
    he demands a higher wage, didnt get it. so then he signs for Liverpool for 90G a week. how much more was he expecting to get at chelsea? if he was performing to say malouda's standard then maybe he was in a position to bargain a better wage agreement, simple fact is, he wasnt as consistant.
    liverpool are giving him 90G a week, probable a place in the starting line up, whereas at chelsea he had to fight hard to earn a place in the 1st team.
    kind of feel he took the easy road personally, maybe he felt himself his time with the blues was up and he wanted to move on, but as far as i know that wasnt really the case with him.

• Advertisement

papagormo wrote: »
    what do ye make of Joe Cole?
    its not totally making sense to me, he was with a club that have just won the double and plays champions league football. to be fair he was really pushing for 1st team action on a more consistant basis towards the close of last season, although personally i always thought he was either 60/70 mins in him, after that the bad tackles seemed to start flying everywhere with him. he made a good impact sub aswell.
    he demands a higher wage, didnt get it. so then he signs for Liverpool for 90G a week. how much more was he expecting to get at chelsea? if he was performing to say malouda's standard then maybe he was in a position to bargain a better wage agreement, simple fact is, he wasnt as consistant.
    liverpool are giving him 90G a week, probable a place in the starting line up, whereas at chelsea he had to fight hard to earn a place in the 1st team.
    kind of feel he took the easy road personally, maybe he felt himself his time with the blues was up and he wanted to move on, but as far as i know that wasnt really the case with him.

Reminds me of th eDamien Duff situation, could have stayed and fought for his position but choose the easy route out.

Although Duff's situation wasnt as monet related, I think he was to stubborn looking for an increase after a bad season of poor form and injury, hope he makes a good go at it on merseyside though, always ha d soft spot for J.Cole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement