Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hopefully this is true!
    Chelsea will voice their interest in €25 million-rated Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez when they meet his agent Fernando Felicevich in London.

Inter appeared ready to move radically for the player, but they have gone quiet, leaving Chelsea to gain ground.

La Gazzetta dello Sport claims Blues chiefs will meet with Felicevich to discuss a way forward and close business by the end of the January transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Where is that quote from Johner?

Would be sweet if there was any truth in it, especially by end of the transfer window. :cool:

Not sure actually just got emailed that quote, think it was on the chat on the website. I'll have a look on google now to see where it's from.

Johner wrote: »
    Not sure actually just got emailed that quote, think it was on the chat on the website. I'll have a look on google now to see where it's from.

First one that pops up in Google, news from yesterday an dit mentions Inter Milan too.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/49381/With_Chelsea_we_talked_%C2%A325m_I_want_this_figure.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gavredking wrote: »
    Where is that quote from Johner?

Would be sweet if there was any truth in it, especially by end of the transfer window. :cool:

Lads, lads, always go to http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Chelsea

Its from goal.com, so proabably not true and they are just repeating old stuff

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/01/21/2316161/chelsea-make-progress-in-alexis-sanchez-move-as-they-open

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/01/21/2316243/chelsea-open-dialogue-with-udinese-over-move-for-alexis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Carlo said we are not talking to the owner of Udinese re Sanchez though if we said were were that would attract other clubs.
    Very coy on Luiz
    Kakuta maight be going out on loan
    Jt and Lamps doubtful for Mon.
    He never spoke to Steve piennar

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

smuckers wrote: »
    Carlo said we are not talking to the owner of Udinese re Sanchez though if we said were were that would attract other clubs.
    Very coy on Luiz
    Kakuta maight be going out on loan
    Jt and Lamps doubtful for Mon.
    He never spoke to Steve piennar
    I read between the lines that Luiz is coming but worried about Sanchez - we'd have to speak to club before dealing with his agent - no? Are you a classic or forum man?

Classic all the way baby!

Terry has a "little" problem as well.
    Thats why we need Luis

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/224524/John-Terry-injury-adds-to-Chelsea-problems

Classic all the way baby!
    Same here!! Was close to tears last Monday evening when it appeared it was as good as gone. Almost back to normal now - phew!

• Advertisement

Carlo stated in an interview form Chelsea Fc.com that we didnt need Pienaar and that he never met him.

Now it means one of two things, either Carlo is bitter that we cheaped out and didnt pay his demands or that someone else went over his head and wanted to bring in Pienaar and ditched the plans when the wage demands became known.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Apparently so, but didn't he join them in the summer??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Anyone else think we will end up not signing anyone ? :(

I reckon Luiz will happen. Sky are pretty reliable and you wouldnt fly over if to waste time. They must have agreed a fee verbally

You're a bigger cynic than me :D - no - its all heppening this window. Wrap these 2 up and press on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Definetly not, how people are deluding themselves that Chelsea will sign
    anyone - after the last few years - amazes me.

I don't even bother reading the gossip stories in the papers, it's all shíte

Does anyone honestly think we'll get both Luiz and Sanchez? I think the more likelier outcome is Luiz and a cheaper attacking option.

• Advertisement

Luiz not in the squad to play Nacional the plot thickens.

Anyone know what por castigo means?????

Thats what it says why Luiz isn't in squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Applying some very amateur linguistics, I'm going to say castigo shares a root with the English word castigate, which means to punish. So he's probably suspended.

Luiz not in the squad to play Nacional the plot thickens.

and they have bought a CB as well. Relax - John Terry's back can have a rest now!
    Still not counting the chickens, (Remember Robinho! :eek:) but its a good sign that we really are trying and Carlo is being backed. Good sign that Roman still loves us!

Not so sure if we will get anyone else, but happy enough if we get Luiz.

What makes me laugh is how when we were linked with Cahill, he was 20 million. Now he is being linked with Arsenal, its 10 million and they are saying that Wenger doesnt want to pay that!

It means he is getting ready to sing to the Chelsea Team in the time honoured tradition.
    He might want to work a bit on the lyrics though!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn0QFnjLzb8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Daniel Taylor (Guardian) reporting on Twitter that a Benfica delegation is in London to finalise a deal for Luiz. (with Chelsea)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

just having a read through the transfer goss on yahoo
    talk over Drogs off to Real, anyone hear anything of such of late or is the general consenus that thats nothing more than a load of ballacks?
    (I've been out of the transfer gossip loop for the past few days)

This is an interesting take on the whole "Luiz" thing

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2011/01/benfica-fly-to-london-after-plan.html

And yes, lots of rumours about Drog and Mourino, but then there always are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This is an interesting take on the whole "Luiz" thing

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2011/01/benfica-fly-to-london-after-plan.html

And yes, lots of rumours about Drog and Mourino, but then there always are!
    Yeah - interesting. Well done Chelsea if true and they've had to come running with their tails between their legs. Its a while since I've said ''well played Chelsea''.
    I also hear Sanchez destroyed Inters' defence today. I've it recorded for later. Bet them 3-1. Love to seem him in Chelsea shirt. This could be a big week - but lets make sure we start it with a win against Bolton.

lads what are you getting excited about ? NO ONE is arriving at the bridge this January.

No One.

Let's just beat Bolton tomorrow.

the_monkey wrote: »
    lads what are you getting excited about ? NO ONE is arriving at the bridge this January.

No One.

Let's just beat Bolton tomorrow.

Sorry Monkey, but I hope you are wrong.
    We have one fit CB (Ivanascoregoals) and a young kid, Bruma.
    JT is constantly playing through the pain and fecking his body with pain killing injections. Chelsea know all this and are trying to get someone in.

I dont know why we are so worried about playing Bolton, but there it is. The confidence is gone, and only a good run will put that right.

I'll be chewing my finger nails off tomorrow night and hoping we dont follow the usual pattern....conceding an early goal and then hitting the post, the bar, goalie plays out of his skin and Kalou missing from 2 yards out..twice!

At least spurs and man c dropped points.

Bring on the 3 points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Sorry Monkey, but I hope you are wrong.
    We have one fit CB (Ivanascoregoals) and a young kid, Bruma.
    JT is constantly playing through the pain and fecking his body with pain killing injections. Chelsea know all this and are trying to get someone in.

I read an article today that JT hasn't needed pain killing injections for 6 weeks now.

the_monkey wrote: »

You sweating there yet Monkey? :)

http://afootballreport.com/post/2896774832/david-luiz-set-to-complete-chelsea-transfer

Of course I hope I am wrong about this*

* New arrivals, NOT Bolton :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

*crosses fingers*

Could have been worse than £21.5M too if any of the rumours over the last few weeks are to be believed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Once its in the Guardian its a done deal as far as I'm concerned, I'd risk my life for that company,
    Lets just hope we can pull off a major surprise and maybe announce sanchez or lukaku for the summer now.

Im confident about tonight, with City and Spurs both losing points this is our chance to claw back vital points, I can imagine Carlo wil be feeding this to the players and letting them know only 3 pints will do.

Come on you blues, I know you can do.

Carefree

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I've backed Chelsea to win the league. I got 9/1 which is a massive price for a team capable of going on a big run for the rest of the season IMO

• Advertisement

Once its in the Guardian its a done deal as far as I'm concerned, I'd risk my life for that company,
    Lets just hope we can pull off a major surprise and maybe announce sanchez or lukaku for the summer now.

Quoted on Phantom FM this morning, no less!

I see Alan Hansen, that well known oracle of football (not)
    has been spouting all kinds of doom and gloom crap about us in various rags
    FECK off Hansen, hello, current double winners!

amiable wrote: »
    I've backed Chelsea to win the league. I got 9/1 which is a massive price for a team capable of going on a big run for the rest of the season IMO

9/1 is a great price IMO.

Might have a punt on Drogba anytime scorer and Chelsea -1 for tonight, I've a good feeling for tonight.

Lamps out of tonight.

So I imagne either a mid of

Mikel Essien Ramieres

Essien Ramieres Malouda.

I can't see Josh starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lamps out of tonight.

So I imagne either a mid of

Mikel Essien Ramieres

Essien Ramieres Malouda.

I can't see Josh starting

I'd like to see Malouda in CM and maybe Sturridge on the left.

Lukker- wrote: »

Hopefully! Sturridge deserves a chance to start.

Lukker- wrote: »

+1 on this. What I would love to see is Anelka wide left and coming insdie with Cole bombing up the left flank and Sturridge on the right coming inside with Bosingwa over lapping him, it would give Bolton's full bakcs something to worry about and would be a good tactic even if not applied from the start,then at some stage of the game for a period of time.

It would cluster the centre a bit but with Cole and Bosingwa bombing no we would still have decent wide options.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

If Liverpool Sign Suarez I would not be happy at all , A player we have courted for many seasons .

Looking forward to a good positive performance tonight and even better result !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

If Liverpool Sign Suarez I would not be happy at all , A player we have courted for many seasons .

Had we? Had never heard much linking us, good player tho if they get him, will be the first top class attempt at getting Torres a strike partner!!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Had we? Had never heard much linking us, good player tho if they get him, will be the first top class attempt at getting Torres a strike partner!!

Yep , his agent was even saying last season the we had a pre contract with him !

Bloody agents !

Yep , his agent was even saying last season the we had a pre contract with him !

Bloody agents !

This ^

I generally dont get over-hyped about speculation until I see a player is in the shirt and signing on the dotted line :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement