Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

gavredking wrote: »
    This ^

I generally dont get over-hyped about speculation until I see a player is in the shirt and signing on the dotted line :pac:

True ,

Speaking of which has there been any more word on Luiz today ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gavredking wrote: »
    This ^

I generally dont get over-hyped about speculation until I see a player is in the shirt and signing on the dotted line :pac:

I think I'm beginning to reluctantly agree with you.:(
    I'm still clinging to the heady days when we kept bidding till we got to the release fee, as per D Duff. Happy, happy days! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

We have a work permit hearing for Luiz on Wednesday , although talks are ongoing ,

Sanchez wont be going anywhere till June according to Udinese Chairman

Just on Sky sports news there now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We have a work permit hearing for Luiz on Wednesday , although talks are ongoing ,

Was just going to post this ^

Good news about Luiz, hopefully :D

At least we wont have to listen to that gob****e Gray going on about us tonite!
    Strange, but no mention of them being suspended on their own website and I would have thought that it was big sporting news :D

At least we wont have to listen to that gob****e Gray going on about us tonite!
    Strange, but no mention of them being suspended on their own website and I would have thought that it was big sporting news :D

Had it of been two ITV or BBC pundits it would be top story on SKY sports news , not a whisper from them now.

Personally I feel its been blown out of the proportion

Its looking really good on the Luiz transfer , our largest transfer fee since the dizzy heights of the Ukrainian flop for 30 mil !

Now which thread does BERBA be posting in mainly ?

Please CFC dont going printing any Jerseys up until the la is stood in Stamford Bridge with the club colors on his back, Id even buy me a long curly haired wig for his debut !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Its looking really good on the Luiz transfer , our largest transfer fee since the dizzy heights of the Ukrainian flop for 30 mil !

take that back!!!!!!!!!!

legend!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5mO877PEnA

LanceStorm wrote: »
    take that back!!!!!!!!!!

legend!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5mO877PEnA

Thats goal was special , shame there was not many more of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I always loved Sheva, thought he was an immense player... but far too much expectation was heaped upon him when he came to Chelsea. He was obviously not prepared for the speed and at times ferociousness of the English Premier League. But the odd time, he pulled out these little gems, and the above vid is a testament to that. It's such a pity he didn't make it in England. One of the best strikers of the generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Team disappointed Sturridge isn't in, the lack of pace in midfield is worrying.

* 01 Cech
    * 02 Ivanovic
    * 03 A Cole
    * 17 Bosingwa
    * 26 Terry
    * 05 Essien
    * 07 Ramires
    * 12 Mikel
    * 15 Malouda
    * 11 Drogba
    * 39 Anelka

Substitutes

* 22 Turnbull,
    * 19 Ferreira,
    * 43 Bruma,
    * 46 McEachran,
    * 21 Kalou,
    * 23 Sturridge,
    * 44 Kakuta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Delighted with the result. Starting to play better football too. The best thing about tonight was how solid we looked. Bolton only had one chance, the 3 in midfield played fairly decent, well it was a lot better than what it has been over the last while.

Great to see Ramires get a goal, he has deserved it and will hopefully give him some confidence.

McEachran again when he came on was very good. Out of about 20 passes he only misplaced once, he moves the ball quick also.

Great confidence booster and we have scored 11 goals in the last 3 without conceding.

Cech made one excellent save, that was much better lads and Essien came out his shell big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

• Advertisement

According to Carlo its only Luiz who we're after but the guardian says we will go for others if they are available.

smuckers wrote: »
    According to Carlo its only Luiz who we're after but the guardian says we will go for others if they are available.
    I wonder who this make-weight player will be in the deal. Just suspect they'd let Bruma go you know. Not sure how I'd feel about that.

I wonder who this make-weight player will be in the deal. Just suspect they'd let Bruma go you know. Not sure how I'd feel about that.

They said it wouldnt be Bruma.

I'm happy we got our man, but I still think we paid well over the odds.
    Thats the sort of price you pay for an attacker. I still think we look a soft touch when it comes to prices.
    I'm surprised Man C didnt go for him. Defence looks their weakest position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ah sure give them Paulo there, hold on to Bruma and Van, we need to be holding on to the youths.
    Great news if its set in stone, makes a nice end to a nice day!

just seen Drogba's goal....:eek:
    nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

The more I see of Josh the more I like him. He really has incredible vision and composure for his age, not to mention the ability to consistently pick out passes. He seems to be a real talent, and he certainly isn't very typical of the midfielders England has produced over the past decade or so. Most English players rely on athleticism and/or size and strength, this kid seems to have bags of technique.

They said it wouldnt be Bruma.

I'm happy we got our man, but I still think we paid well over the odds.
    Thats the sort of price you pay for an attacker. I still think we look a soft touch when it comes to prices.
    I'm surprised Man C didnt go for him. Defence looks their weakest position.

Well we paid big money for Carvalho when Jose first arrrived and he had a few doubters and he turned out to be immense, I dont mind spending that type of money on a defender if he has the ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Good performance by everyone last night, thought Essien had a great game especially second half. Was delighted Ramires scored and the reaction of the players was really nice to see. Only disappointing thing was that it wasn't Sturridge who came on instead in Kalou.

Johner wrote: »
    Good performance by everyone last night, thought Essien had a great game especially second half. Was delighted Ramires scored and the reaction of the players was really nice to see. Only disappointing thing was that it wasn't Sturridge who came on instead in Kalou.

Would have loved to seen Sturridge get on as soon as Anelka made it 3 nil.

On last night's game, Cech was excellent, dealt with everything and made a world class save at 1 nil form M. Taylor.

The back four were solid, JT and Ivanovic both had a fine games and marshalled Davies through out so much so that Davies was dropping deep and trying link up with midfield and Elmander, Cole provided great width from the left and Bosingwa was solid ad got up and down well.

In midfield, Mikel did nothing wrong and used the ball well, kept it moving, good display. Ramires was a cut above, apart from one or two bad passes he was well on top in the centre, Essien was a contender for MoM I think, great display, real high intensity from the Bison.

Upfront you cant complain when all 3 of them score. Malouda played well, and had a huge hand in setting up Drogba for the 1st, great closing down forced the error and chipped in with a great little finish to make it 2 nil. Drogba was looking back to his best, what a strike from Didi, ball moved so much through the air and was unplayable against arguably 2 of the most physically strong and tall CB's in the league. Anelka was my MoM, looked well in the game and could have scored a hat-trick, apart from a fine Jusi Jaaaaaaaaaaaaasklein :pac: save at the very end he would have scored a brace.

Young Josh just looks so composed at this level, he looks like a veteran, he reminds me of a Juan Veron type player that makes playing football look effortless, hes s uch a huge talent im really jealous of the English midfield prospects of Wilshire and MacEchran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

kakuta gone to fulham on loan

racso1975 wrote: »

Might expalin why he didnt get a run last night.

Still though, why bring on Kalou and not Sturridge, my love for Kalou has faded in recent weeks, ever since his miss away to Newcastle form a half a yard out he has gone back in my bad books, Sturridge neeeds to be given a chance IMO.

nothing on chels website about kakuta

The reserves are losing 1-0 to Arsenal, Vela penalty on the stroke of half time after Turnbull clattered their other striker. We have been fairly poor.

Can you keep us posted on that John. saw the first 30 mins before i left for work. Brutal. Dont ever want to lose to that shower though!

1-0 FT. Second half we were a little bit better than the first but not by much, Arsenal deserved to win in the end.

• Advertisement

Damn - thanks John. Got them at home next week though yeah? get them then!! Conor needs matches. presume he'll go out on loan again soon.

Damn - thanks John. Got them at home next week though yeah? get them then!! Conor needs matches. presume he'll go out on loan again soon.

In saying that, he has been recognised by the FAI in is up for a player of the year award in the U-21 category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Eurosport: Gael Kakuta has been allowed permission to join Fulham on loan from Chelsea and the youngster is having a medical at Craven Cottage

I'm sure it will be up shortly

I'm sure it will be up shortly

Its on SSN too about the medical, only matter of time. Hope he gets a few games. you can only assume he will if hes been let go.

Feel sorry for Kakuta, was never given a run of games, but is young and hopefully will come good.
    Does it mean we might be in for an attacker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Good stuff.Maybe Duffer can show him a few things :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Wow, apparently we had a £52m bid for Sergio Aguero and Diego Godin turned down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Thats a move that came out of nowhere!

Source is the bbc sport info bar thing here;
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/

gwan the Blackpool, that games stays the way it is and we are back within 7 points.
    (Counts chickens before they hatch I know)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Lukker- wrote: »
    Wow, apparently we had a £52m bid for Sergio Aguero and Diego Godin turned down.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8282179/Chelsea-make-60-million-euro-offer-for-Atletico-Madrid-duo-Sergio-Aguero-and-Diego-Godin.html

If true, this kind of thing is great to hear. Surely its an indication of RA's commitment to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That boy's going to be a class act. What a player you have on your hands there.

papagormo wrote: »
    gwan the Blackpool, that games stays the way it is and we are back within 7 points.
    (Counts chickens before they hatch I know)

Loving it, wheres that cocky Man U supporter who trolled our match thread last night now eh?

God, can you imagine Holloways post match interview if they do win?
    Full of god knows what, cant wait!!

(Pls pls hang on!)

and Filipe Morais (Remember him?) has just scored for Oldham

And for added pleasure, Arsenal still behind in the CC tie!

Could be the best week for quite a while!:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

:eek: JUST SAW THE SCORE. Please hang on

:eek: JUST SAW THE SCORE. Please hang on

Should have been 3-0! just now

Clear peno , and he would of been sent off , excellent play by adams with the pass

• Advertisement

A glimmer ?

Essien wrote: »

Wow!! indeed and BBC running with it too, so not BS - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/9373739.stm

Hopefully it is true, RA still very much involved....

this is very good news....

WOW we just had a 52 Million pound bid for 2 A Madrid players rejected ?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Chelsea have had a £52m bid for Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero and defender Diego Godin rejected. I thought Roman Abramovich was supposed to be losing interest? Obviously not.

Don't know which I am more surprised about making a £52m bid or it being rejected :D

Come on Blackpool, even a draw is decent.

if united end up drawing or winning this it will be a disgrace - clear peno not given to B'pool...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement