Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

the_monkey wrote: »
    if united end up drawing or winning this it will be a disgrace - clear peno not given to B'pool...

You had to say it monkey 2-2 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

So
    Can't
    Understand
    Man u always scoring late on ....

AH F*CK OFF!!!

there goes our good week ....

Pleeeeeeeeeassssssssseeeeeeeee, for the love of all things footy, let Blackpool find an equaliser.

10 mins injury time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The door was briefly opened, a slight glimmer of hope emerged......

Before a Bulgarian and a Mexican came along, kicked the door shut and ensured the league is going back to Manchester....

For 30 minutes, the season looked like it was going to be thrown wide open. But I just knew, knew it, that United were going to be typically jammy and win it.

Blackpool had a stonewall penalty waved away at 2-0 too... So sick.

In fairness to United, you need more than good play to win a league, you also need luck. They've been riding their luck a lot and it's paying off.

Chelsea now NEED to beat them twice for there to be any chance or hope. Simple as. Anything less than two victories and Chelsea's hopes are completely gone.

DazMarz wrote: »

Before a Bulgarian and a Mexican came along, kicked the door shut and ensured the league is going back to Manchester....

For 30 minutes, the season looked like it was going to be thrown wide open. But I just knew, knew it, that United were going to be typically jammy and win it.

In fairness to United, you need more than good play to win a league, you also need luck. They've been riding their luck a lot and it's paying off.

Chelsea now NEED to beat them twice for there to be any chance or hope. Simple as. Anything less than two victories and Chelsea's hopes are completely gone.

As always united nick late goals, the only way they win anything , nicking late undeserved goals .... I could say some stuff now ..... ***** **** *** **** ** *************************

I F*cKING HATE THEM!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Knew I shouldn't have counted those chickens before they hatched..
    Ahh well, top play every game from here on in well, get a top four finish and lets focus on Europe, and this time round, win the fúckin thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

DazMarz wrote: »

They still have 15 more games to play , there not playing great football, Blackpool ran out of steam which really surprised me , Giggs was brilliant so was Chico.

The ref was terrible but when it comes to refs its like a lottery , you win some you loose some . Says it all that in his now 19 games man u have never lost a game , with decisions like he was giving tonight they wont either .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

the_monkey wrote: »
    AH F*CK OFF!!!

there goes our good week ....

Our good week has only started , all the crap about RA not interested in the club anymore and then you look at the bids we have been putting in , show the future is bright for us .

They still have 15 more games to play , there not playing great football, Blackpool ran out of steam which really surprised me , Giggs was brilliant so was Chico.

The ref was terrible but when it comes to refs its like a lottery , you win some you loose some . Says it all that in his now 19 games man u have never lost a game , with decisions like he was giving tonight they wont either .

Thats what pisses me off about united this season, unbeaten and yet not playing so great ? I mean they are hardly like Arsenal of '04 ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Whats with all the doom and gloom? Who really expected United to drop points here? They're still playing shite and I know we've been saying it for a while but their luck has to run out eventually..doesn't it?:confused:

Anyway, this is the Chelsea forum. Last night we won 4-0 away from home, tomorrow our brand spanking new Brazilian center half is having his medical and we just learned our billionaire owner wants Aguero as bad as the rest of us do. Cheer up :)

Essien wrote: »
    Whats with all the doom and gloom? Who really expected United to drop points here? They're still playing shite and I know we've been saying it for a while but their luck has to run out eventually..doesn't it?:confused:

Anyway, this is the Chelsea forum. Last night we won 4-0 away from home, tomorrow our brand spanking new Brazilian center half is having his medical and we just learned our billionaire owner wants Aguero as bad as the rest of us do. Cheer up :)

And we are the reigning Premier Champs and FA Cup holders.
    We have one of the most successful managers ever and we are not one billion in debt like some clubs. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

all Chelsea said was that they don't comment on transfer spec.

Reckon TBT on the chelsea chat was correct, there have been talks going on for Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

smuckers wrote: »
    all Chelsea said was that they don't comment on transfer spec.

Reckon TBT on the chelsea chat was correct, there have been talks going on for Aguero.
    Could be after all!! C'mon Chelsea!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

United will lose at least 3 times this season, AT LEAST. They will not be able to carry on with performances like the 1st half performance last night and beat teams, Blackpool didnt have the ability to shut them out, but when the come to the Bridge we will beat them and im so confident of that fact.

there luck will run out but all we can do is keep on trying play catch up, if we do win the league this year it will be so much sweeter then Jose's first title, I think I'll take a week off work and go on the piss.

Latest from the Torygraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8282107/Chelsea-offer-Benfica-Nemanja-Matic-as-makeweight-in-25.5m-deal-for-David-Luiz.html

My personal take on all this is that Carlo was told to try the kids rather than spending. Then our little blip has highlighted that they arent quite ready, and the lack of strength in depth and so Roman has accepted this and dug out the wallet again. I suppose doing it in Jan isnt the the best but he wants to make sure we get CL footbal next season.
    Be interesting to see how Kakuta does at Fulham ie is he the real deal?
    I havent been that impressed to be honest, not when you see how Mac has done when he has his chance

I'd love to see Sergio Aguero, but dont know much about Diego Godin but he's another centre half??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8258344/Chelsea-target-15million-rated-central-defender-Diego-Godin-from-Atletico-Madrid.html

I think Gael will be a superstar, i honestly do, I think he has all the ability to do it and having watched him at under age level I think he will make the step up. Its harder for him to impress as hes a forward, his main focus should be on scoring goals and creating them.

Give him time and we will reap the rewards.

Luiz in Benfica squad tonight, a farewell match or are qwe no closer to signing him?

• Advertisement

Luiz in Benfica squad tonight, a farewell match or are qwe no closer to signing him?

No way?
    He's supposed to be here having a medical! :eek:

Rio Ave FC x SL Benfica Squad List - 25 January 2011

The manager has selected 19 players for tomorrow's Portuguese Cup quarter-final game against Rio Ave.

Jorge Jesus has included central defender David Luiz despite being heavily linked with a move away from Portugal, although the Brazilian served his one-match suspension last game and is now available for selection.

First team choice goalkeeper Roberto has made way for Moreira as Jorge Jesus stands firm in his keeper rotation. New signings Jardel and Fernández have not made the squad list.

Rio Ave FC vs SL Benfica kicks-off Wednesday 26th January at 20:30 GMT.

The 19 players called up are:

Goalkeepers: Moreira and Júlio César
    Defenders: Maxi Pereira, Luisão, Sidnei, David Luiz, César Peixoto and Fábio Coentrão
    Midfielders: Airton, Javi García, Carlos Martins, Felipe Menezes, Aimar, Gaitán and Salvio
    Forwards: Cardozo, Saviola, Jara and Weldon

Im going say if the move is on he could be just in the squad but might not play, if he starts that could be an indication we maybe no closer to finding a resolution to signing him.
    No way?
    He's supposed to be here having a medical! :eek:

With about 5 days left in the transfer window thats plenty of time for him to have a medical and pass it, the work permit is the intersting one though, shows either way we want to get our man.

gavredking wrote: »
    Im going say if the move is on he could be just in the squad but might not play, if he starts that could be an indication we maybe no closer to finding a resolution to signing him.

With about 5 days left in the transfer window thats plenty of time for him to have a medical and pass it, the work permit is the intersting one though, shows either way we want to get our man.

its just like Ramires all over again!

Reckon it will be Luiz and possibly one more attacker Aguero/ Pato??????

and possibly one more attacker Aguero/ Pato??????

You crazy dreamer you :D

its just like Ramires all over again!

Bloody Benefica, if this deal goes through they will have taken about 40 million form us in the space of 6 months.
    Reckon it will be Luiz and possibly one more attacker Aguero/ Pato??????

Id love Aguero more so then Pato but I dont see either of them if any, coming until the Summer.

Heres hoping for a last day deal for Aguero though :cool:

• Advertisement

gavredking wrote: »
    Id love Aguero more so then Pato but I dont see either of them if any, coming until the Summer.

Heres hoping for a last day deal for Aguero though :cool:

If we leave it, we could be fighting Real Madrid for him

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11835_6698763,00.html

Go get him Roman!

If we leave it, we could be fighting Real Madrid for him

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11835_6698763,00.html

Go get him Roman!

I dont see him going to Real Madrid though, it would be like Torres, he loves Atelico to much to go and join Los Blanco's, well not right away, maybe he will play for Real at some stage but not a direct transfer.

With Real having a strike force next season of potentially Higuain, Benzema, Ronaldo, Adebayor. I dont see them splashing for Aguero, if Jose is still there maybe a cheeky bid for Eto'o although I think he said he wouldnt bid for Inter Milan players.

Remains to be seen, but I agree, give me aguero now and give him the number 9 ;)

Kakuta to Fulham on loan confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Threw it into Babelfish and its basically said they have information that we've bid 50 mil for Torres and that Liverpool feel the time might be right to cash in.

• Advertisement

A bit of fun

Chelsea team of the (near) future??

Cech

Ivanovic
    Luiz
    Bruma
    Patrick VA

Katuta---Mikel ----Ramires
    Josh Mac

Aguero
    Sturridge

PVa gone to Leic till end of season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

bullpost wrote: »
    Threw it into Babelfish and its basically said they have information that we've bid 50 mil for Torres and that Liverpool feel the time might be right to cash in.

Sure hope that's wrong, don't fancy Torres in a blue shirt (and 50 million, no way is he worth that now)

According to Portugeese paper the record the luiz deal is off, if true then we really are screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

growler wrote: »
    Sure hope that's wrong, don't fancy Torres in a blue shirt (and 50 million, no way is he worth that now)

No he is right, also says drogba wants to leave in the summer

According to Portugeese paper the record the luiz deal is off, if true then we really are screwed.

Looks like its over

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/01/26/2324601/chelsea-benfica-abort-negotiations-over-david-luizs-transfer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Any chance Kakuta will play some part tonight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I doubt it very much. Can't see him being on the bench at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

He's only got injured playing for Benfica tonight:mad:... trying to play on apparently. So this might have a bearing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'm still hopeful a deal can be pushed through.

I f*cking well KNEW it!!!!!

Always the same ALWAYS..... news on all the papers about a big signing - and then NOTHING

Even the Aguero deal was BS .....

So Luiz aint coming, and seems RA is losing interest - oh happy f*cking days indeed...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Luiz has been granted a work permit, with Matic moving to Benfica.....apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I doubt smaller clubs have adjusted to the UEFA restrictions yet. Transfer fees will need to go down.

First off, hope Kakuta gets a few games at Fulham, it would help him along playing in the EPL and hopefully getting regular games.

Secondly, Torres and any potential deal can fuck right off, I dont want to pay 50 million for a glass ankled player, not doubting his talent, not for a minute but 50 million can be spent elsewhere and more wisely IMO of course.

Thirdly, if Benefica dont want to sell Luiz there is sweet FA we can do about it, I dont think they want to sell anyway, they wanted X amount we offered Y and they said no, we trashed out a deal "aparently" and then the pull the " we want it upfront " gem which looks to have thrown a spanner into the works.

There is still a few days left in the window so never say never, we will do something alright, I have faith in Chelsea.

Sky are saying they still expect it to go through

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6703927,00.html

No mention of him getting injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Well he wants the deal which is the most important factor IMO, he is expected to go public with his anger if a deal can't be worked out.

I'm still fairly confident we'll get him.

Im confident too that a deal will be done, but until I see Luiz holding up the number 6 jersey for us then anything can happen.

Hopefully we will get something sorted with Luiz over the next few days , Am fairly confident of it happening .

I really wish we had no FA cup this weekend , what we really need now is a run of league games to get a bit of momenthem going.

• Advertisement

Hopefully we will get something sorted with Luiz over the next few days , Am fairly confident of it happening .

This looks like a sensible report
    http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=521928

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement