Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Good report there sgt pepper.

Im sick of all this ownership bollox, some crowd who "own" him are going get 25% of the transfer seems very dodgy, I just hate all these 3rd parties.

some good reading in the article, im not sure what I make about losing Matic if it happens, hes a good prospect, always reminded me of how Balalck played, when Ballack could run of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Good news

Benfica have received an offer from Premier League champions Chelsea for Brazil defender David Luiz, the Portuguese club said on Thursday.

"A negotiation process is currently ongoing and the market will be informed when it is completed," Benfica said in a statement.

Portuguese media reports said the announcement of a deal reached at a meeting in London on Saturday had been delayed due to differences over payment instalments.

Luiz, 23, has a contract with Benfica that runs until 2015 and is one of the most promising defenders in Europe.

He arrived in Lisbon from Brazil in 2007 and was a key member of the Benfica side that last season clinched the Portuguese Premier League title for the first time in five years, missing only one of 30 league matches.

His performances earned him a call-up to the Brazil squad for a friendly against the United States in August. He also played against Iran and Ukraine in October and is in the squad for the Feb. 9 friendly in France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hopefully the deal is done soon, it's getting annoying at this stage.

Agree Johner its reminding me of the Essien saga.

I do want one more in as well but don't think there's time unless CFC are secretly going about their business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

While it's not quite as exciting as Inter possibly wanting Gareth bale in a few months, at least Luiz is still on the cards. Though this story doesn't seem to offer a huge amount that's new.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/9372540.stm

Also, from the last two paragraphs...
    bbc wrote:
    Meanwhile, Jacob Mellis today became the latest Chelsea youngster to commit his future to Stamford Bridge after signing a new contract that will keep him at the club until 2013.

The 20-year-old midfielder, who made his first-team debut as a last-minute substitute in November's Champions League win against MSK Zilina, has represented England Under-19s and appeared 15 times on loan at Southampton in the first half of last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

How does this look? - courtesy of CFCnet
    17980450087981283837069.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Should we bid for Adam?!:pac:

Adam would be like another Sidwell IMHO

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sky reporting bid for Torres turned down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Advertisement

I'd love Torres at Chelsea but not for 40+ million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To quote Ian Holloway, if you stuck a one in front of that number....;)

Number 9 is free and all. 20 million + Paulo Ferreira. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

40 Million? Ah here, thats too big a gamble to be taking on one player thats only been showing glimpses of what he can do this season (one of note was one of his goal against ourselves. The begger)
    Get a younger talent in for quarter of that and focus on getting in a defender and let Sturridge get his game time, he deserves it and he is well capable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Torres is not worth 40 million

edit: or 60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Johner wrote: »
    Number 9 is free and all. 20 million + Paulo Ferreira. ;)

dont think liverpool will take a deal worth 15 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Think the Torres bid is just a bit of pr myself. wondering what the exact reasoning is for it though

Id rather take the money we are apparently bidding for Torres and put it on Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

gavredking wrote: »
    Id rather take the money we are apparently bidding for Torres and put it on Aguero.

lol we have, plenty of times, still dosent add up to his buy-out clause tho...

if we got him for 35 then id take him, however going higher than that would be worrying, i think he's an amazing player, but seems prone to injury, altho to be honest breaking the hearts of liverpool fans around the world would be worth it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Completely agree. Theres something strange about our Jan transfer dealings that smack of either stirring it up or trying to make it look as though we are still valid as a market force.
    Why on earth would you bid like that in the Jan transfer window, and then not bid the full amount?
    We need a defender, so we have to go out and buy one. That makes sense. But do we need a striker? And do we need him in the last few days of January?
    What is going on??? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Torres is far stronger than Aguero and has already proven he can do it in the premiership. If both would cost the same you'd be mad to buy Aguero.

A fit and motivated Nando is a far better player regardless and really can anyone blame him for becoming disheartened at Anfield with the mess that it became over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Number Nine

Happy days , Fernando will give us something else.

Revenge for them steeling Speedie and Spackman many years ago.

Is our game tomorrow on BBC? I see it's on ESPN. :(

Bid was 28 million plus a player( Paulo Ferriera hopefully ;) ) and then 35 million bid on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Is our game tomorrow on BBC? I see it's on ESPN. :(
    BBC don't have the rights to the FA cup
    I thought everyone had ESPN now?:p

amiable wrote: »
    BBC don't have the rights to the FA cup
    I thought everyone had ESPN now?:p

Nope I don't have it. :o

Nope I don't have it. :o
    You should get it mate. Its excellent. I get it for free:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Rite this is getting pretty weird now :

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/report-torres-wants-liverpool-to-talk-to-chelsea-491100.html

Cant actually see this happening but the intent to buy is nice to see :D

On a more realistic note , any more word on Luiz today ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So now he doesnt have a buy out clause.Would help if they could all actually report the same info.If he does have a buy out clause of £50m then the report of us offering £60 is obviously B.S

Soby wrote: »
    So now he doesnt have a buy out clause.Would help if they could all actually report the same info.If he does have a buy out clause of £50m then the report of us offering £60 is obviously B.S
    A buyout clause can come with terms and conditions. ie it can't be activated in January. I'm not privy to the contract but i do know there are certain terms when one does exist.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just looking over the liverpool forum there, and the supposed reason were making such a bid for there star player is a morale boost for a team out of sorts and form .

Reading that I would never believe that we scored 15 goals in our last 3 games with out reply at that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Soby wrote: »

By all accounts there was never a £50m bid. The first bid is meant to have been for £35m, and the second rumoured bid was for the same cash amount over a period of time with a squad player added to the bid.

Over on Chelsea chat. :p

He was a Red but now he's Blue... Torres, Torres
    He left the Kop, he loves the Shed... Torres, Torres
    He used to go out on the rob
    But now he's got a proper job
    Fernando Torres, Chelsea's Number 9!

Honestly though I don't think this will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Just looking over the liverpool forum there, and the supposed reason were making such a bid for there star player is a morale boost for a team out of sorts and form .

Reading that I would never believe that we scored 15 goals in our last 3 games with out reply at that !

In fairness only a few said that, and even then most refer to it as an attempt at a marquee signing, which in truth it would be.

As a signing it would be both morale boosting for the players at Chelsea as it would be a show of ambition and intent by the club, and to all other teams looking at Chelsea it would be a show of intent that Chelsea are prepared to buy one of the best in order to strengthen their offensive power.

In many ways it is similar to what Liverpool are trying to do by bidding for Suarez. Liverpool are trying for a big name signing that signals ambition to the squad whilst getting a player that would hopefully make them more of a threat to other teams.

It is just the way things work, and of course the supporters of each club involved will try to put their own spin on it in both cases.

Personally, as a Liverpool supporter, I don't see the deal happening, and unless it was for insane money, I don't want it to happen this late in the window.

• Advertisement

Can any Chelsea fan in here actually say that if Torres joins that he wouldn't give the whole team a boost?
    I doubt there is. As a liverpool fan i think he'd be an amazing addition to the Chelsea team.
    Give over the brow beating. To me it seems you just don't want to be disappointed so you don't want to get you hopes up which i can understand. Make no mistakes though. If Chelsea sign Torres they will have a match winner on the pitch to die for

I reckon we should bid for Rooney and Tevez, just for the laugh!

Just imagine,
    Rooney, Tevez and Torres all upfront - a fantasy footballers dream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

If he wasn't so injury prone he would be worth €60m, I just don't like the idea of spending that much on a striker who could spend half the season on the sidelines. Its a risk with any player I suppose but its one thing we know for sure about Torres, he is very very fragile.
    If we sign him we sign him, if we don't we don't, I won't be losing any sleep one way or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I reckon we should bid for Rooney and Tevez, just for the laugh!

Just imagine,
    Rooney, Tevez and Torres all upfront - a fantasy footballers dream!

Ah here, the best forward in the league is already at the club and you leave him out :D

Ancelotti's press conference is at 1.

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »
    Ah here, the best forward in the league is already at the club and you leave him out :D

Tongue in cheek, but if I was doing true fantasy, lets bid for Messi!

Ancelotti's press conference is at 1.

I wonder what the pack will ask him about? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Would be a smart signing, he wouldn't be cup tied in the CL :D

Have we had a good number 9 since Jimmy Floyd Bottlebank? Struggling to remember one, Crespo had it for a season. Di Santo and Boulahrouz too.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Torres is far stronger than Aguero and has already proven he can do it in the premiership. If both would cost the same you'd be mad to buy Aguero.

A fit and motivated Nando is a far better player regardless and really can anyone blame him for becoming disheartened at Anfield with the mess that it became over there.

But Aguero woul suit our team better, he can play in the wide support roles and Torres cant. I dont see Carlo going back to the diamond and playing 2 up top and he wont be benching Drogba so for the team and the shape Aguero would be better, plus I have a soft spot for Aguero, fantastic player and well able for the EPL IMO.

You give me the money today and I know where im spending it.
    Over on Chelsea chat.

He was a Red but now he's Blue... Torres, Torres

He left the Kop, he loves the Shed... Torres, Torres

He used to go out on the rob

But now he's got a proper job

Fernando Torres, Chelsea's Number 9!

Honestly though I don't think this will happen.

Best.......song.........ever

Bit of info here on the press conference.

As expected Carlo played his cards close to his chest.

Lamps might start or be on the bench for the Cup tie

"Carlo Ancelotti has refused to be drawn on Chelsea's bid for Fernando Torres - but is happy that "the club are trying to do everything they can to improve the squad".
    On Friday morning, Liverpool confirmed they have rejected a bid - believed to be in the region of £35million - from the Blues for their star striker.
    But Ancelotti said: "I don't want to speak about this, you will have to ask the club. He is not my player and I have to have respect for Liverpool. I don't like to speak about this."
    Ancelotti had previously intimated that the club's protracted pursuit of Benfica defender David Luiz would be their only major move of the January transfer window.
    But, asked if the Torres bid had therefore caught him by surprise, he said: "I'm not surprised, because I know very well what the club is doing now.
    "I am happy because the club is doing a fantastic job in this transfer market. The club is trying to do everything to improve the squad."
    Didier Drogba's below-par form this season, owing largely to the Ivory Coast striker suffering from malaria, has been a concern for Chelsea but Ancelotti insisted Torres was not being targeted to replace his current attacking talisman.
    Ahead of Saturday's FA Cup clash at Everton, he said: "Drogba doesn't have a problem. He can play with anybody.
    "For tomorrow I don't need more strikers. Maybe in the future, I don't know."
    Attempting to put an end to the topic of conversation, he said: "Tomorrow we have an important game against Everton. I want to speak about this. If you don't want to speak about Everton, I can go and have lunch."

Source=
    http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/01/28/SOCCER_Chelsea_Torres.html&TEAMHD=soccer&BID=165

Kalou and 30 million, perfect deal for all, we get rid of Kalou and Liverpool get a Ryan Babel replacement and 30million :D

In seriousness though, I've had a few of my 'Pool following buddies on to me about this, and what I said was I'd love to see Torres at Chelsea, fine player and mainly I'd like to see it just to piss off the 'Pool fans :p

Fernando Torres Chelsea's number 9 :p

Looks like the Luiz deal is off according to chelseayouth on twitter.

Yep its on Benficas website no agreement reached, we better have a back up

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement