Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

"no agreement with Chelsea Football Club for transfer of sporting and economic rights of... David Luiz... the negotiation process ended"

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    "no agreement with Chelsea Football Club for transfer of sporting and economic rights of... David Luiz... the negotiation process ended"

:( FFS

Hope we come back in the summer for him, maybe this is why we have turned to Torres.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

It would be insanity to pay more for Torres than you could to trigger Aguero's release clause.

Younger. Less injury prone. Better attitude. Better hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Have a feeling there is another twist in the Luiz deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

As Bodhisopha said why the hell would we pay 50million + for torres, sure he is a good player but he is injured / playing crap 50% of the time the other 50% he plays ok....

I know andy carroll is injured ATM, and he is a bit of a mental case off the field, but you could likely get him and one other decent player for the money being talked about for torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

FFS :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Well, what did I say ???

I knew I'd be right.

This is why I just ignore all media regarding transfers - It's all bollix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Man, Torres up front for Chelsea would be something special. The ball he would get off your midfield compared to the crap at Liverpool could really push him to the highest levels.

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    Well, what did I say ???

I knew I'd be right.

I dont know what your talking about???!!!!

Chelsea FC 2011 - 2012
    Owner = Saudi Arabi\Dubi business men
    http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/sports/roman-abramovich-to-sell-chelsea-football-club_100145041.html

Manager
    The Special One (Again)
    http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=521932

Squad(No, I aint linking all these!)
    Begovic
    Torres
    Aguerro
    Godin
    Pienaar
    Cahill
    Pato
    Kaka
    Neymar
    Kjaer
    Lescott
    Sanchez
    Lukaku
    Kranjcar
    Modric
    Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain

Now, enough crap - lets go knock out the Toffee's! :D

Chelsea TV say that talks with Benfica for the transfer of Luiz are still ongoing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Chelsea TV say that talks with Benfica for the transfer of Luiz are still ongoing.

I'm not going to pay too much attention to this until I hear he's signed on the dotted line, its really been all over the place for the past while.

Saurez to Liverpool is a done deal it seems, I wonder what does that mean for us regarding Torres?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Essien wrote: »
    Saurez to Liverpool is a done deal it seems, I wonder what does that mean for us regarding Torres?

im hoping that they only have the money due to the Torres to Chelsea deal!!

I can't see Drogba and Torres really gelling up front. Would he be signed with a view to being the long term replacement, d'ya reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I can't see Drogba and Torres really gelling up front. Would he be signed with a view to being the long term replacement, d'ya reckon?

For that kind of money, he would want to be scoring the goals, play making, defending, and acting as a makeshift keeper!
    I still think we are offering nuts money, surely a proper defender to provide cover for Alex and possibly Terry should be the top of the list of priorities.
    We have Drogs (fair enough not exactly firing on all cylinders but still) Anelka, Sturridge, Malouda (find form again you!) and hold on to Borini to fack and we are grand until the summer, then send out the scouts.

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »
    I'm not going to pay too much attention to this until I hear he's signed on the dotted line, its really been all over the place for the past while.

I wonder why WE didnt go for Saurez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I wonder why WE didnt go for Saurez?

Because ye are getting Torres....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

dahat wrote: »
    Because ye are getting Torres....

No we're not

papagormo wrote: »
    For that kind of money, he would want to be scoring the goals, play making, defending, and acting as a makeshift keeper!
    I still think we are offering nuts money, surely a proper defender to provide cover for Alex and possibly Terry should be the top of the list of priorities.
    We have Drogs (fair enough not exactly firing on all cylinders but still) Anelka, Sturridge, Malouda (find form again you!) and hold on to Borini to fack and we are grand until the summer, then send out the scouts.

I'm telling you, if i was a Chelsea fan i'd want Aguero more than anyone. Ask any Atletico fan and they'll tell you he's a better player now than Torres was at the same age. Probably/maybe cheaper too.

But... he might have his heart set on Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I'm telling you, if i was a Chelsea fan i'd want Aguero more than anyone. Ask any Atletico fan and they'll tell you he's a better player now than Torres was at the same age. Probably/maybe cheaper too.

But... he might have his heart set on Real.

Athletico won't sell to Real.

But I agree, it's madness us for going for Torres instead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Silly season is truly upon us, next Tuesday we will have the same squad as we do now.

Silly season is truly upon us, next Tuesday we will have the same squad as we do now.

No, less 2 important backup players in Kakuta and Van A
    What is going on? Seriously? Has the panic button been pushed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

is there anyone here who has insider knowledge at Chelsea?

any word your end on the Torres bid?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

SlickRic wrote: »
    is there anyone here who has insider knowledge at Chelsea?

any word your end on the Torres bid?

It won't happen, unless Torres kicks up a huge fuss and forces Liverpools hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It won't happen, unless Torres kicks up a huge fuss and forces Liverpools hand.

well apparently Tony Barrett has said that Torres has verbally told us he wants to leave.

so you may not get the defender you were looking for, but it looks like you might get a striker.

a genuine question, and it may be a stupid one, but will he start for you and where? Anelka dropped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Ye Anelka id say or Malouda.
    Torres and Drogba up front with one of the above behind the strikers then a middle 3 of Lamps,Essien and Ramires

Not that i can see us getting him anyway.I want one signing at least please chelsea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Its not madness. He is a proven premiership player and a lethal finisher. I'd love to see Aguero at Chelsea, I've often said it, but Athletico dont wanna do business. Torres would be an excellent buy. imo.

I still don't think he will come, but if he does he will defo score against Pool next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I still don't think he will come, but if he does he will defo score against Pool next week.
    Genuine question Johner, why don't you think he will go to Chelsea?

I just don't believe any of this shit until its all official.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Trying not to get your hopes up? I can understand that mate

Yep! I really want this to happen though, badly! Torres and Drogba is a mouth watering prospect, but I won't believe a thing until I see Torres in the jersey.

Torres and Drogs playing together? I not sure how it would work, then again I wasn't sure how the Drogba/Anelka partnership was going to pan out, but thankfully it has done so.
    Maybe a slight change from the 4-3-3 formation to accomodate both.

well its fun to wind the scousers up anyways. all going mad in their thread. if he does come, Feb 6th will be priceless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Not sure where he's gonna fit in lads? Anelka kinda plays wider off Drogba doesn't he?

Switch back to 4-4-2 with the dreaded diamond in midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

No, less 2 important backup players in Kakuta and Van A
    What is going on? Seriously? Has the panic button been pushed?
    Ryan Bertrand is back from loan... so that's another backup.

Torres would be some signing lads. 26, and his best years ahead of him. If injury free, he is the best striker in the world!

Still wont believe a thing until I see him in a Chelsea jersey! Fingers crossed. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

the_monkey wrote: »
    Well, what did I say ???

I knew I'd be right.

You still sticking to your guns Monkey??!!:pac:

well he has submitted a formal transfer request which lfc have not accepted according to their site. could be Rooney all over again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

You still sticking to your guns Monkey??!!:pac:

eh............................ YES !!!

Luiz deal falls through , so what if Torress has requested a transfer, we allready had a 35-40million Stg rejected ! , can't see us offer more for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I'd love Torres to come. Partly cos he's a great player but mostly to shut up the 'you'll never walk alone' crowd!! Expect to see some jersey burning tmw outside anfield!!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

I still think we'll get Luiz and that he'll be a better buy than Torres. We've not gone that far in negotiations and then suddenly decided - Oh! forget a defender.... Lets buy Torres. In fairness in these 'heady' few days - it might be as well to have a Monkey on baord to keep us grounded. But imagine ....... a couple of weeks ago I put the question - Peinaar - is this the level were at now? - and now look whats going on! Still not done deals as Monkey would(rightly) caution!

"Carlo Ancelotti, the Chelsea manager, is prepared to add the young striker Daniel Sturridge as a makeweight in the new bid, which will follow the £35m that was rejected by Liverpool yesterday. Chelsea intend to push hard for what would be a stunning coup and have been encouraged both by Torres's actions – although Liverpool have rejected his transfer request – and by his employers agreeing a £22.8m deal with Ajax for Luis Suárez this afternoon."

Would not be happy about losing Danny I have to say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'd love Torres to come. Partly cos he's a great player but mostly to shut up the 'you'll never walk alone' crowd!! Expect to see some jersey burning tmw outside anfield!!

I don't get this part - "but mostly to shut up the "you'll never walk alone" crowd. I can understand if you don't care for the heritage, history and traditions of Liverpool FC because your a Chelsea fan - I support Liverpool and tbh I couldn't care less about Chelsea's history or traditions because I know nothing of it but I still have respect for the club's recent achievements.

If Torres goes to Chelsea it won't shut up LFC fans - we would have been absolutely delighted to have someone like Torres play for us, he'll be up there with Fowler, Rush, Owen and Aldridge and we will wish him all the best no matter who he plays for. We will always speak of him in the highest respect and whatever shirt he will be wearing after January, I will still delight in watching him play when he is on top form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Augmerson wrote: »
    We will always speak of him in the highest respect and whatever shirt he will be wearing after January, I will still delight in watching him play when he is on top form.

Not sure many 'Pool fans agree with you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Not sure many 'Pool fans agree with you.

Possibly not. I will probably be in the minority of Liverpool fans. I can understand why Torres wants to go though. Tbh it says alot about his character that he has chosen to stay so long and put up with so much. I'll admit I'm disappointed that Chelsea has come in with, what is it? 2 or 3 days to go before the transfer deadline leaving us with very little time to scout for a replacement (because Suarez will take time to adjust and was brought in under the idea that he would accompany Torres and in my opinion not a replacement - if Torres does go, we will need another frontman) but that's the nature of things. Ajax fans probably don't appreciate LFC much right now either - their Captain and top player last year and top scorer picked out in the middle of the season.

Want to ask though ye Chelsea fans though - there is talk of Sturridge going to Anfield on top of a 40 million Sterling offer for Torres. What is your honest evaulation of Sturridge, what is his game like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Torres is not worth £40M I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Typical, just as we're about to play Chelsea they'll have Torres and Drogba up front.

FFS :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

week6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I'd rather they offered Anelka than Sturridge. We need to keep our young players and develop them, and Sturridge has shown some nice potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I'd rather they offered Anelka than Sturridge. We need to keep our young players and develop them, and Sturridge has shown some nice potential.

Can't agree with you there- Danny generally just runs around like a headless chicken, he can't seem to ever link up with other players and only scores against weaker opposition. (hence his decent record in cups). Keep kalou, give them Danny & ferreria!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement