Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I'd love Torres to come. Partly cos he's a great player but mostly to shut up the 'you'll never walk alone' crowd!! Expect to see some jersey burning tmw outside anfield!!

Comedian ..........Not !

flahavaj wrote: »
    week6.jpg

I would say the 4 lads above a jizzing their pants with excitement this morning with the prospect of Torres arriving .

Can anyone else smell Hippo ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Stevie g. Special European nights, the kop, king Kenny, etc etc. Reading over on the lfc thread you'd swear lfc were actually the only club in England!!!

Didn't really want Torres before but sooo excited now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

we won't get anyone in this window. we will limp to fourth place, no chance in champions league, go out of the cup and finish potless, that is the sad reality.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

we won't get anyone in this window. we will limp to fourth place, no chance in champions league, go out of the cup and finish potless, that is the sad reality.

limp to fourth , :confused:

less of that potty talk,

As much as I would love to see us buy Nando I just cant see this happening , plus I would be gutted to see Sturridge go , think he is going to come really good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

mixednuts wrote: »

As you well know , the Mirror, The Sun,The Star to be name but a few are not credible sources of info ,

My mother would have more credibility when talking about football than these Rags and she knows feck all about football.

60 Million and Sturridge is Rubbish, so we have gone from Making an offer around the €35 mil mark straight up to €60 mil and throwing in a very promising talent , I think not .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

wow, what a difference 48 hours makes!!

i thought we were just wrapping up the Luiz deal, that falls apart...

starting to get quite dis-heartened, then we throw in a 35million deal for Torres, a player we courted and werent that far away from in the summer, that gets rejected...

then the player himself puts in a transfer request!!! that gets rejected...

whats gonna happen next?!

still need a defender more than a striker, but lets hope for both, wonder who we'll go in for rather than Luiz, Kjaer? someone english?

I would prefer to keep Sturridge to be honest, but id happily trade him if it meant we get Torres, with a team like we have around him imagine how good he could become!!

maybe signing him would be the bait we need to sign Aguero aswell LOL!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How do you think the game against us (Sunderland) will go on Tuesday night lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

€60m and Sturridge? What a load of balls! Maybe for a bulletproof Torres but we know he's far from that. We're gona pay we'll over the odds for him and wind up having him injured half the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Still in the hat - but didn't deserve to be. What a limp performance. Ramieres the only one who played well. We're not out of the doldrums yet going by that performance.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I was reading Roman wants him, wasn't that same case for Shevchenko? Does Carlo have a say in purchasing players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I would have though it was obvious that the "manager" of Chelsea is in fact nothing more than a coach and thats been true since Jose left.

Anyway the team clearly needs someone to score goals for them right now.

Paully D wrote: »
    How do you think the game against us (Sunderland) will go on Tuesday night lads?

Should be a decent game , but by god do we owe you lads one after your last trip to the bridge ,

1-2 win I think for us .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Should be a decent game , but by god do we owe you lads one after your last trip to the bridge ,

1-2 win I think for us .

Aye, I also think it will be a decent game.

You do owe us one, but a cold Tuesday night in the north-east against a side with one of the best home records in the league isn't something that Chelsea will be looking forward too.

I can't see us winning, but I'll go for a 1-1 draw.

Any idea how you will line-up?

I think we'll go:
    Gordon

Onouha Bramble Ferdinand Bardsley

Al-Muhammadi Cattermole Henderson Malbranque

Richardson

Gyan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

mike65 wrote: »
    I would have though it was obvious that the "manager" of Chelsea is in fact nothing more than a coach and thats been true since Jose left.

Anyway the team clearly needs someone to score goals for them right now.

Carlo has no less influence then Jose. They bought have identified and signed players. Roman always has had personal targets. It's obviously not always an ideal situation for the manager, but it's the case with the majority of clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We were pretty terrible today glad to get a replay in the end.

Just to keep stoking the Torres story, which is driving them all mad on the Liverpool thread, and I mean really mad, never seen a reaction like it.
    Seems Buck and Co were at the Everton match and went on to discuss Torres leaving
    40 million\50 million + either Anelka or Danny
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1351802/Sulky-Torres-join-Chelsea-50m-Anelka-rejoin-Liverpool-record-deal.html

Could actually be an interesting Transfer Last day.

Even if we dont get him or anyone else, does it show that Roman is still truly interested or are we being played? Its certainly had the desired affect of perking everyone up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We'd take Anelka even at 32 (?) as a makeweight with 40 million cash I'd say. So valuing him at 10 million.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

mike65 wrote: »
    We'd take Anelka even at 32 (?) as a makeweight with 40 million cash I'd say. So valuing him at 10 million.

Nicolas himself might have something to say about that. He seems settled at Chelsea which for him is almost miraculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge, who has been mentioned as a possible makeweight in the Torres transfer saga, is reported to be a loan target for Bolton boss Owen Coyle.

Sky Sports news.
    Wonder will that be part of a deal for Cahill? I'd rather keep Danny for the remainder of the season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I wouldn't like to see Anelka or Sturridge go tbh. Ah well things can get back to normal after tomorrow night.

I wouldn't like to see Anelka or Sturridge go tbh. Ah well things can get back to normal after tomorrow night.

I wouldnt be surprised if something does happen. Torres Not at training it seems.

Re, Bolton - I wondered why Danny was complety left out of the FA Cup

I've lost the link now but Carlo was busy explaining why we could lose the youngsters out on loan....because we have more even younger youngsters like Sala (???) to sit on the bench, so do we have some grand masterplan that will see 2 or 3 joining us on deadline day?
    (Answer - probably not!, though Torres is evens to join us, and I reckon that it might actually happen. If we pay 40-50 Mill, would you consider that money well spent if he helps us win the Champ League?

Gossip roundup
    Also another strange one, James McCarthy anyone?

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=230060

And this is worth a read

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/forget-platini-and-putin-abramovich-back-charge-chelsea-1417781

Shauny has put in a transfer request at City.
    Will we buy him back?!
    That James McCarthy could be an interesting addition alright. Him and Josh in a few years.

Jaysus no, never want to see SWP at the club again. What a waste of money.

• Advertisement

Ah now, sure he would teach the young lads how to play half daycent for about 15 mins for 1 in every 5 games!
    Thats a unique lil ability he seemed to have going on!

papagormo wrote: »
    Ah now, sure he would teach the young lads how to play half daycent for about 15 mins for 1 in every 5 games!

Along with tripping over his own feet and a complete inability to cross the ball

And possibly the worst first touch ever.

Arr now lads, he can still run very very fast though and he can tie his own shoes

That James McCarthy could be an interesting addition alright. Him and Josh in a few years.

For £6m I'd certainly take a look, he looks like he could be a very useful player in a few years.

• Advertisement

Arr now lads, he can still run very very fast though and he can tie his own shoes

Typical English winger, you don't give them actual directions, you just aim them towards the corner flag and they run to their hearts content.

Yeah, but he could never seem to bring the ball with him when he did nip off down the line on an amazing sprint!:pac:
    General accpetance over in the Liverpool thread he may be on his way, I stand by what I said before, thats nuts money to be spending, and I really do hope we hang on to Anelka/Danny rather than include them in any deal.

Imagine if Drogba and Malouda find their earlier season form alongside Torres?
    :eek::eek:
    Fackin' ell!

Still don't see it happening.

Imagine if Drogba and Malouda find their earlier season form alongside Torres?
    :eek::eek:
    Fackin' ell!

This is best case scenario and a mouthwatering prospect tbh but I don't think we'll be lucky enough to have both Drogba and Malouda on form at the same time Torres is injury free and on form, fuck me I'd love it though, we'd be shooting fish an a barrell! :D

On one hand, I'd say its more likely to happen in the summer.
    On the other hand, I'm wondering why he hasn't come out with a statement as yet today, and apparently he hasn't trained either today, so I can't help but wonder.

On the other hand, I'm wondering why he hasn't come out with a statement as yet today, and apparently he hasn't trained either today, so I can't help but wonder.

I think he genuinely wants to leave but Liverpool will just play hard ball until the window is over to hang onto him. I don't think he'll release any statement until the window is over and the right thing to do here would be to respect the club and announce his intention to leave in the summer but still do his best while he is there.

Yeah, but he could never seem to bring the ball with him when he did nip off down the line on an amazing sprint!:pac:

Oh now see you are complicating things, you want him to run AND bring the ball??:eek: Jesssus, you'll want the poor lad to run with the ball and then pass it to a team mate next!:eek:

If he doesnt join now, I dont think he ever will. everything will change in the summer, other bidders, other targets. Chelsea seem to have timed this for maximum impact - left it as late as possible so to get him cheaper than he would be in summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Essien wrote: »
    I think he genuinely wants to leave but Liverpool will just play hard ball until the window is over to hang onto him. I don't think he'll release any statement until the window is over and the right thing to do here would be to respect the club and announce his intention to leave in the summer but still do his best while he is there.

I think this could be right, Liverpool don't want to sell him but there seems to be uncertainty about a buy out clause in his contract. The Times said yesterday that there is one in his contract but it doesn't become active until the end of this season.

Direct from the BBC
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9381165.stm

14:58
    Fairly big transfer news this. BBC Sport understands that Liverpool will sell Fernando Torres to Chelsea, but only if Chelsea pay £50m for the Spanish striker. Your thoughts?

• Advertisement

Home to Reading if we beat Everton.

Am I the only one not excited at the prospect of Torres at Chelsea? His Sulks make Anelka see like a Gregarious happy chappy! The press will turn on the former Golden boy - its started already. And imagine how whingey he'd get with the refereeing decisions Chelsea get. I dont doubt he's a fine striker when he can be arsed ... but he picks and choses those. I know he's been under motivated this season, but he's always quick with al oul moan.
    I'd rather see Luiz in and spice the attack up on the cheap (or loan for Pedro) until we get Sanchez in the Summer.

Am I the only one not excited at the prospect of Torres at Chelsea? His Sulks make Anelka see like a Gregarious happy chappy! The press will turn on the former Golden boy - its started already. And imagine how whingey he'd get with the refereeing decisions Chelsea get. I dont doubt he's a fine striker when he can be arsed ... but he picks and choses those. I know he's been under motivated this season, but he's always quick with al oul moan.
    I'd rather see Luiz in and spice the attack up on the cheap (or loan for Pedro) until we get Sanchez in the Summer.

He has been constantly lied to by the liverpool Hierarchy, I could see where his 'sulks' are coming from .

The lad is a huge talent and I dont think that we would see much whinging out of him at the bridge , sure look we took on Anelka who was the biggest sulk in the game and left him with a smile beaming upon his face !

At the beginning of all this talk of Torres coming I was thinking not a chance , then he hands in the request , im still thinking no way is he coming , yesterday it seemed to gather more steam and I thinking maybe , now I just dont know what to think , tis dam exciting times if you ask me .

If we get by Everton at the Bridge , a home tie to Reading , more to be excited about .

He has been constantly lied to by the liverpool Hierarchy, I could see where his 'sulks' are coming from .

The lad is a huge talent and I dont think that we would see much whinging out of him at the bridge , sure look we took on Anelka who was the biggest sulk in the game and left him with a smile beaming upon his face !

At the beginning of all this talk of Torres coming I was thinking not a chance , then he hands in the request , im still thinking no way is he coming , yesterday it seemed to gather more steam and I thinking maybe , now I just dont know what to think , tis dam exciting times if you ask me .

If we get by Everton at the Bridge , a home tie to Reading , more to be excited about .

But... is he the best striker to be spending 40-50 mil on?
    Looks like a hopeful Champ League punt to me
    And we need a centre back.
    Sounds mad to me if we do spend 40 mil + on him when we walked away from Luiz for 30 mil??

40-50m on a player as well with dodgy hamstrings - not to mention the aggro caused if the wages being quoted (200k a week) are right - after all the economising by Gourlay. That would make him top earner at the club - not having that!
    Nothing would give me more pleasure than him putting us back in the title race and into a CL Final .... just afraid - it could all go the other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ah sure, he'll have to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So torres for Anelka + cash.What yas think?

But... is he the best striker to be spending 40-50 mil on?
    Looks like a hopeful Champ League punt to me
    And we need a centre back.
    Sounds mad to me if we do spend 40 mil + on him when we walked away from Luiz for 30 mil??

No I'd rather we pay the money for Augero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

lol poor anelka

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I am not too happy about torres tbh, that money could be spent elsewhere but at least it puts to bed the doubters about romans commitment to chelsea. I suppose torres is proven in the premier league so he won't need time settling in like aguero would. Still have a feeling it won't happen and we will end the transfer window with nothing.

On the other hand I am gutted the luiz deal broke down, it would be a disaster if we end the window without a new defender. We are in the **** if we lose either JT or Ivan this week with 2 games coming up and its a big risk imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement