Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

bleh.

edit, wrong thread, meant for the liverpool one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I am not too happy about torres tbh, that money could be spent elsewhere but at least it puts to bed the doubters about romans commitment to chelsea. I suppose torres is proven in the premier league so he won't need time settling in like aguero would. Still have a feeling it won't happen and we will end the transfer window with nothing.

On the other hand I am gutted the luiz deal broke down, it would be a disaster if we end the window without a new defender. We are in the **** if we lose either JT or Ivan this week with 2 games coming up and its a big risk imo.

I'm gonna stick my neck now and say thats it, he is coming baring a bad medical or the payment terms. Roman's come too far not to stump up 50 mil now or risk being a laughing stock. We are already being written off as a force after the Pienaar debacle, he needs this one.
    Could be a master stroke or another Shev, only time will tell.
    Hope we go back for Luiz, could still be a few surprises.
    Still not a bad thing eh? Could be a lot worse, remember how we were moaning when we werent getting anyone!

Bring him on and let the games begin!:D

And go back for Aquero in the summer. Now that would be a strike force!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I am not too happy about torres tbh, that money could be spent elsewhere but at least it puts to bed the doubters about romans commitment to chelsea. I suppose torres is proven in the premier league so he won't need time settling in like aguero would. Still have a feeling it won't happen and we will end the transfer window with nothing.

On the other hand I am gutted the luiz deal broke down, it would be a disaster if we end the window without a new defender. We are in the **** if we lose either JT or Ivan this week with 2 games coming up and its a big risk imo.
    If the Torres deal doesn't go through it will have beena good PR stunt ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

40-50m on a player as well with dodgy hamstrings - not to mention the aggro caused if the wages being quoted (200k a week) are right - after all the economising by Gourlay. That would make him top earner at the club - not having that!
    Nothing would give me more pleasure than him putting us back in the title race and into a CL Final .... just afraid - it could all go the other way.

Has he not played for Liverpool already in europe this season ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

paulcorr wrote: »
    Has he not played for Liverpool already in europe this season ?

Europa league doesn't affect Champions league eligibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

chelseayouth Chelsea Youth
    A Bola believe Chelsea will still go back in for David Luiz tomorrow, some quotes translated from this: http://bit.ly/fQdhBC

"Ancelotti is still urging the club not to let the club fail to get a player considered a priority to strengthen their defence."

"..there is a real conviction that one last attempt can be made to convince Vieira to accept an offer for the 23 year-old Brazilian."

I have a feeling Torres will stay put.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I have a feeling Torres will be wearing blue by tomorrow at 5pm.

Not too sure about Luiz.

but I think we could cope with Cole, Terry/Alex,Ivanovic,Bosingwa
    for rest of year.

I think Torres would spur the rest of the players on motivationally more than more confidence in defense.

Johner wrote: »
    I have a feeling Torres will stay put.

Yep he definitely will, not arsed anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Europa league doesn't affect Champions league eligibility
    One January purchase is allowed to play CL having played in Europa of vice-versa. On the other hand - Suarez having already played in the Europa is inelegible for Liverpool :pac:

chelseayouth Chelsea Youth
    A Bola believe Chelsea will still go back in for David Luiz tomorrow, some quotes translated from this: http://bit.ly/fQdhBC

"Ancelotti is still urging the club not to let the club fail to get a player considered a priority to strengthen their defence."

"..there is a real conviction that one last attempt can be made to convince Vieira to accept an offer for the 23 year-old Brazilian."
    Now - THAT is encouraging!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I have been reading the team threads of both clubs involved in the torres transfer(possible,highly likely i think)..reading them is quite funny........

Liverpool fans are in despair over there,please don't go torres,wining over silly photo's of him training alone etc etc.......
    While in here the Chelsea faithfull do not seem too pushed to be getting the player they are in total despair over losing...

Any particular reasons ye are not over the moon?

dahat wrote: »
    I have been reading the team threads of both clubs involved in the torres transfer(possible,highly likely i think)..reading them is quite funny........

Liverpool fans are in despair over there,please don't go torres,wining over silly photo's of him training alone etc etc.......
    While in here the Chelsea faithfull do not seem too pushed to be getting the player they are in total despair over losing...

Money can be better spent in my opinion. No one doubting his quality, just not worth that much. We all want Aguero :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Money can be better spent in my opinion. No one doubting his quality, just not worth that much. We all want Aguero :o

If given the choice i would choose the same.

It is strange though to see a so called "marquee" player coming and little or no enthusiasm from the fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Ditto, we want Aguero and we should have got him in the summer of 2010 as we had expected the deal to be done.
    Torres goal scoring record this season is nothing to write home about at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It is strange though to see a so called "marquee" player coming and little or no enthusiasm from the fans

I for one would do a celebratory intepretive dance if he joined.

Until I see him holding the #9 shirt standing in the dug-out at the Bridge though, I'll hold out.

Fiskar wrote: »
    Ditto, we want Aguero and we should have got him in the summer of 2010 as we had expected the deal to be done.
    Torres goal scoring record this season is nothing to write home about at the moment.
    But its not bad for a bloke only trying in some games

My major 'beef' is with his sulky attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Course he's not. This was always going to be the stumbling block. Why would he go to Liverpool at this stage of his career?

Atletico turn down 38.5m bid for Kun from Spurs.....apparently. Isn't his release clause around 35m?

I think 38.5million is his release clause so not sure how it was rejected?

Bryan Swanson says something to do with tax

Because its not a release clause, its a deterrent

http://en.sergiokunaguero.com/tag-cl%C3%A1usula.aspx

He wont leave til the summer if he did leave anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Atletico turn down 38.5m bid for Kun from Spurs.....apparently. Isn't his release clause around 35m?

Would spurs pay 130/160,000pw in wages he wanted a few years back when there was talk of chelsea buying him. I doubt it.

Not a chance he'd go to Spurs tbh.

Busy day tomorrow, really looking forward to it.

Arriving at Cobham

Torres
    Luiz
    Pedro Leon
    James McCarthy

Good job Romans got a big yacht!

amiable wrote: »
    Bryan Swanson says something to do with tax

Correcto
    The Aguero Buyout Clause Myth

Torres or Aguero? This is question which has been doing the rounds here on Vital Chelsea over the past couple of days.

A lot of members have been pointing out that Aguero has a buy-out clause of £38 million, which is well within our suddenly expanded budget. They've also expressed their resentment towards the fact that the Chelsea board is intent on splashing £40 million - £50 million on Torres. Now I won't go into the pros and cons of each deal, but I'd like to put this whole £38 million myth to bed once and for all.

The other day I stumbled upon an article by the well-respected Spanish football journalist Sid Lowe. Following lines summarise what the whole article is about:

'Now most clubs are saying: this is the buyout clause, sure, but if you make a hostile bid, a bid that we do not welcome, we will force you to apply the clause legally. And when you apply the law legally, that is a different issue. When you apply the law legally, it is a different price.

That means one of two things, both of which increase the price. Firstly, it can mean adding the VAT at 18 percent. In the past, clubs have agreed to include VAT in the invoice for a player's transfer (which of course can be claimed back from the state). Now, if the bid is hostile, they will not. In other words, the buying club will have to pay the clause plus the 18 percent. So, Aguero's price rises from €45M to €53.1M ($72M).

The other option is for a club to simply refuse to sell -- until, that is, it is forced to. That's where the legal buyout clause kicks in, Decreto Real 1006/1985. But that decree is exactly what it says it is: a buyout clause. A player (not the club) deposits the [COLOR=#006400 !important][COLOR=#006400 !important]money
    [/COLOR], the value of the buyout clause, at the Spanish league and unilaterally breaks his contract. That money, of course, would be given to him by the buying club in order to buy himself out. The problem is that as soon as that money hits his [COLOR=#006400 !important][COLOR=#006400 !important]account[/COLOR][/COLOR] it counts as income -- even if it is then deposited elsewhere. And so it is liable to taxation at 44 percent. In other words, the €45M is the amount left after taxation. That is to say that Aguero's overall cost is €80.2M ($109M).'

The other factor that's significant is that the buyout clause is a Spanish agreement. When it comes to international transfers -- to bids from aboard like the one supposedly from Chelsea -- it is irrelevant. Except as a symbolic price, a reference point from which you can negotiate.'

What that means is, of course, that if Chelsea bid £38 million for Aguero, that will only take them as far as the negotiating table. Atletico Madrid can refuse to sell Aguero for that amount and can pluck a figure out of the air - say, £60 million. Offer that amount and you can have him.

Then what about the supposed bid from Real Madrid (meeting Aguero's buyout clause, incidentally) that Atletico claim to have knocked back? That could very well have been true. And they would be well within their rights to reject it.

So if you're thinking that if we just put £3 million on the table for Aguero, Aletico Madrid will gift-wrap the little Argentinian for us to take to London, you're gravely mistaken.

Keeping this in mind, offering £40 million for a proven premiership star like Torres suddenly doesn't seem so bad now, does it?

PS: Here's the Sid Lowe article in full:

Click Here

Trust me, it's well worth a read.

'http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sid_lowe/01/29/atletico.buyouts/index

Read more: http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=521983#ixzz1CYnwoe5A[/COLOR]

• Advertisement

Busy day tomorrow, really looking forward to it.

Arriving at Cobham

Torres
    Luiz
    Pedro Leon
    James McCarthy

Good job Romans got a big yacht!

Aguero as well. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Drogba > Torres and we play one up top. Simple really.

Exciting 24 hrs ahead. I am calling torres and luiz to arrive in 75million deals

Exciting 24 hrs ahead. I am calling torres and luiz to arrive in 75million deals

Could be 2003 all over again, jessus I'm getting all excited and everything

Could be 2003 all over again, jessus I'm getting all excited and everything

Its exciting alright but its 50/50, could go either way and be very disapointing

• Advertisement

Good few decent sources saying that Chelsea are ready to meet Liverpools valuation.

£45m + £5m add-ons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

If Torres and Luiz come, any betting on their shirt numbers?

No 10 is still available :D

If Torres and Luiz come any betting on their shirt numbers?

No, that's Yossi's :D

If Torres and Luiz come, any betting on their shirt numbers?

benyon_516x350_130665a.jpg

4&9 are free. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

If Torres comes he'll take the #9 shirt.

He'll be OUR El nino now MUHAHAHAHA....

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

VAT issue with Aguero doesn't make sense to me, the VAT can be claimed back from the state.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

They should not be charging VAT when the purchase is from another EU country .

I buy goods from a IT/AV wholesale company in the Uk and they dont charge me VAT for this reason.

Never heard of VAT on a player before , anyway it looks like if we put up the money for Augero , AM will sell although at a slightly higher price that his buy out clause.

Or will we put 50 on the table for Nando , His image rights alone would pay back a huge portion of this fee and he is a proven EPL player.

I wish someone would come out with something solid on this deal, the suspense is killing me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its going to be an exciting few hours today lads.

We could end up with a player or two or end up in the same situation we found ourselves in before the window.

Either way it shows that Roman and Chelsea are willing to spend, which is a good thing for us fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I'm really unenthused by the Torres saga. If you think what $45m can buy you in terms of quality defenders or midfielders, shelling that money out on a forward who's had injury problems throughout the past 12 months doesn't seem wise: we need cover across the back line and someone creating chances more than a striker. Ok, Anelka and Drogba are both getting on a bit, but Torres' contract will run out some day if we're really keen on him, or we could get get promising younger chaps to bring on over the next two seasons. Bottom line: £45m will get you two world-class players. So why blow it on Torres?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I am dam excited about Torres now , still think its more likely now not to happen but I am loving the buzz around it !

It is huge money , but we can still buy cover for the defense , I think we will be ok there until the summer time, Torres coming could really kick us into gear .

145834.jpg

I am dam excited about Torres now , still think its more likely now not to happen but I am loving the buzz around it !

It is huge money , but we can still buy cover for the defense , I think we will be ok there until the summer time, Torres coming could really kick us into gear .

145834.jpg

Whos gonna post that pic on the Liverpool thread? Dare ya!

Looks good in blue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Whos gonna post that pic on the Liverpool thread? Dare ya!

Looks good in blue!

Must resist urge to post in 'Pool thread :o

gavredking wrote: »
    Must resist urge to post in 'Pool thread :o
    Who's brave enough even though they would look really silly if the deal doesn't go through

Robinho style, although in hindsight thank **** he didn't come.

amiable wrote: »
    Who's brave enough even though they would look really silly if the deal doesn't go through

Exactly , dont wont to blowing the load early , ala Robinho !:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement