Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    Who's brave enough even though they would look really silly if the deal doesn't go through

If the deal goes through this pic will be staright over on the thread, and probably posted by half of us and alot of United fans I reckon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Supposedly Liverpool have removed a load of Stuff to do with Torres from there website , mainly promotional stuff mind you , but that could of just been done casue he handed in the request to go

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gavredking wrote: »
    If the deal goes through this pic will be staright over on the thread, and probably posted by half of us and alot of United fans I reckon.
    So the answer is nobody is brave enough

Supposedly Liverpool have removed a load of Stuff to do with Torres from there website , mainly promotional stuff mind you , but that could of just been done casue he handed in the request to go
    Thats about half an hour too late. Its been rubbished ages ago.
    Take the time to just open the liverpool website and you'll still see plent of Torres

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Thats about half an hour too late. Its been rubbished ages ago.
    Take the time to just open the liverpool website and you'll still see plent of Torres

All he is promotional stuff has been removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Bid accepted I hear

Bid accepted I hear
    Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Bid accepted I hear

Source? Link?
    And what is the bid?

So the answer is nobody is brave enough

I dont want to put anything over on a thread until something is concrete, plus he might not even get the number 9 shirt :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Looks like Sturridge is heading on loan to Bolton today.

Im not going to believe anything until a deal is done.

with regards to Torres that is.

Same bloke last week said Bayern Munich still play home games with an athletics track around the pitch.
    He still has a cold too

• Advertisement

All twitter talk is twatter talk as far as I'm concerned

Only 12 hours left for Liverpool fans to hope the club keeps one of the best players.

If Torres stays at Liverpool, will the fans still love him after him wanting to leave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Only 12 hours left for Liverpool fans to hope the club keeps one of the best players.

If Torres stays at Liverpool, will the fans still love him after him wanting to leave?

I am going to the match on Sunday , The banter will be brilliant , Us giving the Liverpool fans loads if we get Torres and them likewise if he stays !

I mean you just couldn't script this type of drama !

I am going to the match on Sunday , The banter will be brilliant , Us giving the Liverpool fans loads if we get Torres and them likewise if he stays !

I wish I was going :(

The atmosphere no matter who Torres lines out for is going be mental.

If Torresjoins us I'll be putting a sneaky bet on him to bag a goal :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

skysports reporting that newcaslte have rejected 30mil bid from liverpool for andy carroll. Looks like a signing to replace torres to me if its true

brmccfc wrote: »
    skysports reporting that newcaslte have rejected 30mil bid from liverpool for andy carroll. Looks like a signing to replace torres to me if its true

Ha, ya got to laugh at that, 30 million for a striker thats not worth half that, jesus the transfer market continues to surprise me.

If Liverpool get 40-50 millino from us I suggest they spend it much more wisely then Carroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Ha, ya got to laugh at that, 30 million for a striker thats not worth half that, jesus the transfer market continues to surprise me.

If Liverpool get 40-50 millino from us I suggest they spend it much more wisely then Carroll.

ya thats what i would of thought aswell alot better players around for that price. liverpool fans goin mad at the thought of losing torres and gettin him for 30 mil in their thread :D

brmccfc wrote: »
    ya thats what i would of thought aswell alot better players around for that price. liverpool fans goin mad at the thought of losing torres and gettin him for 30 mil in their thread :D

As would I if Chelsea had bid 30 million for Carroll. Hes not worth it, simple.

He scores a few goals at the start of the season and becasue hes English hes instantly a world star in the making and worth his weight in gold.

IMO Torres is woth about 30-35 million and I think we're over paying for him, if he goes but to suggest Carroll is worth 30 is alughable, but I suppose this is the same league that saw Bent join Villa for nearly 24 million.

Some times football is stupid.

As would I if Chelsea had bid 30 million for Carroll. Hes not worth it, simple.

He scores a few goals at the start of the season and becasue hes English hes instantly a world star in the making and worth his weight in gold.

IMO Torres is woth about 30-35 million and I think we're over paying for him, if he goes but to suggest Carroll is worth 30 is alughable, but I suppose this is the same league that saw Bent join Villa for nearly 24 million.

Some times football is stupid.

Isnt it funny though how all fans get upset about a players worth, and even funnier when its us, as if its our own money!:eek:

What do you think of scousers thinking that there will be a gentlemens agreement that we wont play him against them in that match?!

50 mil, 3 points etc and NOT play him - mad IMO

Isnt it funny though how all fans get upset about a players worth, and even funnier when its us, as if its our own money!:eek:

In a way it is our money, without fans and with us spending money on merchandise, season tickets etc etc etc to club would not have revenue to spend on players.

But I know what you mean. :)
    What do you think of scousers thinking that there will be a gentlemens agreement that we wont play him against them in that match?!

50 mil, 3 points etc and NOT play him - mad IMO

Haha good one, any player you spend big big money you want him to play straight away. Im not a huge Torres fan but if he joins Im going out today or tomorrow and buying another home jerey with Torres on the back to rub the 'Pool fans up the wrong way :pac:

I love transfer deadline day :D

Anybody bid for Benjani yet??

How about we bid for Carroll too, just for the laugh of it?

Liverpool must be resigned to losing Torres if they are willing to spend another 30 million.

St Etienne have confirmed we have bid 7million for Dimitri Payet.

He's going to PSG though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Johner wrote: »

Excited about this one....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

He's going to PSG though.

Oh :p

Excited about this one....

Dimitri Payet said in L'Equipe interview: "I've made my choice. I want to join PSG."

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

who? never heard of him!!
    we should be trying to sign more Spanish players to help Torres settle in!!

LanceStorm wrote: »

Liverpool wanted him as well, that would really pee them off!
    http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/chelsea-plot-deadline-day-move-for-8-5m-liverpool-

Looks like Luiz could still be on - I do hope so

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=521994

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/01/31/chelsea-hope-to-conclude-signing-of-david-luiz-today/

Sturridge to Bolton on loan is a done deal.

Sturridge to Bolton on loan is a done deal.

So do we have another striker coming in as backup then?;)

BBC Radio apparently reporting Torres deal is done

And Dan Roan retorts on twitter that it is not

• Advertisement

My head hurts.

My head hurts.

My gut feeling is that it still won't happen tbh.

Just hope that doesn't get plastered all over twitter ;)

Should we sign Saha?
    He always scores against as well!

Why are we not going all out for Lukaku as well? If not now, he'll surely move in summer, but there'll be a lot of interest in him then.

LanceStorm wrote: »

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2011-01-31/chelsea-transfer-deadline-day-target-dimitri-payet-ten-things-you-need-know-and-video-highlights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

The sturridge deal could be telling here imo, why would we loan out one of our fringe strikers now? Carlo must be very confident that Anelka and Drogba will stay free of injuries and suspensions and do the business until the end of the season. This seems odd to me, surely we should be preserving what little squad depth we have?:confused:

• Advertisement

danroan Dan Roan
    Reliably informed that talks on image rights and salary (approx 175k/week) are all that remains forTorres deal to be completed

That salary is a total disgrace if its true.

Ya can imagine Drogba, JT and Lamps asking for imporved deals if its true.

Think it was reported that Torres left Liverpool's training ground in a helicopter at midday.

Also about the Sturridge deal, it is weird, seems odd he would opt to let Kakuta and Sturridge go out on loan and keep Kalou, Anelka, Drogba as our out and out strikers.

That salary is a total disgrace if its true.

Ya can imagine Drogba, JT and Lamps asking for imporved deals if its true.

Think it was reported that Torres left Liverpool's training ground in a helicopter at midday.

Also about the Sturridge deal, it is weird, seems odd he would opt to let Kakuta and Sturridge go out on loan and keep Kalou, Anelka, Drogba as our out and out strikers.
    He actually left in a jeep less than an hour ago

Close though. Im not privy to any inside info, just what I hear.

I still dont think its going to happen eiter way but 9 1/2 hours left, time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

He actually left in a jeep less than an hour ago

see!!

lies, its all lies!!

why do they build us up and then say it was a jeep...

i dont know what to believe anymore...!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement