Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

gavredking wrote: »
    Also about the Sturridge deal, it is weird, seems odd he would opt to let Kakuta and Sturridge go out on loan and keep Kalou, Anelka, Drogba as our out and out strikers.

Is it just me or does it seem that Ancelotti doesn't seem to be that keen on Sturridge? when he has performed well in the chances he has gotten he seems to be straight back on the bench for the next game. He hasn't got the chances he deserved this season imo, the loan could be great for him but I would have liked to see him get more game time recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Close though. Im not privy to any inside info, just what I hear.

I still dont think its going to happen eiter way but 9 1/2 hours left, time will tell.

I am starting to wonder now though. More reputable journo's are coming out saying the deal is extremely close. There's pictures of Torres leaving Liverpool's training ground. They bid an obscene amount for Andy Carroll. All signs that this might be pulled off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

LanceStorm wrote: »
    see!!

lies, its all lies!!

why do they build us up and then say it was a jeep...

i dont know what to believe anymore...!!

It doesnt matter how or if he gets to London for a deal once he gets here, also I am not going to believe people on here or twitter until any player is signed, otherwise its all up in the air IMO.
    Johner wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it seem that Ancelotti doesn't seem to be that keen on Sturridge? when he has performed well in the chances he has gotten he seems to be straight back on the bench for the next game. He hasn't got the chances he deserved this season imo, the loan could be great for him but I would have liked to see him get more game time recently.

I agree, Sturridge is a good player but I dont understand how he doesnt get more time or more sub appearences either. When he has played well he didnt get a chance to continue his good form.

abelard wrote: »
    I am starting to wonder now though. More reputable journo's are coming out saying the deal is extremely close. There's pictures of Torres leaving Liverpool's training ground. They bid an obscene amount for Andy Carroll. All signs that this might be pulled off.

All good signs but I dont get my hopes up until its confirmed by both clubs and contracts signed.

The amount of transfer speculation that goes around its easy to get carried away but it does look good for this deal but im still reserving judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Torres left LFC's melwood training ground at his regular time so nothing untoward in that.
    Skybet are reporting alot of money being bet with them that Torres will stay at Liverpool.
    There's conflicting reports.

amiable wrote: »
    Torres left LFC's melwood training ground at his regular time so nothing untowrd in that.
    Skybet are reporting alot of money being bet with them that Torres will stay at Liverpool.

I give up. This is too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

While I still have my doubts I have to admit that all the signs point to it happening.

I give up. This is too much.
    Step away from the computer mate.
    Give your heart a rest:D

Torres left LFC's melwood training ground at his regular time so nothing untowrd in that.

The ball is in Chelsea's court, we know how much Liverpool want for him and we know Torres wants to go, now it depends do Chelsea think the money been reported is worth it for Torres, personally I say no. If he comes its good business, costly but good if he doesnt then we will move on and Torres will leave Liverpool in the summer, if not to us he will defintely be gone.

If we sign him I can see the_monkey predicting we will win the league, if we dont sign him he is going to say we will narrowly avoid relegation :D :pac:

• Advertisement

Step away from the computer mate.
    Give your heart a rest:D

You know, i don't live so far from Stamford Bridge. If Torres was on his way, in theory, how long would it take him to get here I wonder :pac:

You know, i don't live so far from Stamford Bridge. If Torres was on his way, in theory, how long would it take him to get here I wonder :pac:

About 4 hours drive (depending on traffic) or about an hour flight.

News coming out that Aguero has signed a new deal at Atelico.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

He will go to Cobham
    About 4 hours drive (depending on traffic) or about an hour flight.

News coming out that Aguero has signed a new deal at Atelico.
    He signed that about 6 weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Haha..

"just seen Fernando Torres coming in on the Thames on a speedboat..."

The ball is in Chelsea's court, we know how much Liverpool want for him and we know Torres wants to go, now it depends do Chelsea think the money been reported is worth it for Torres, personally I say no. If he comes its good business, costly but good if he doesnt then we will move on and Torres will leave Liverpool in the summer, if not to us he will defintely be gone.
    I think you are spot on there.
    Thats exactly how i see it
    except i do believe if he stays now there's a small chance he'll stay in the summer too.
    just a small chance mind

He will go to Cobham

He signed that about 6 weeks ago

6 weeks or 6 minutes, whats the difference :o :P

9 hours left for any potential deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

SSN now reporting that torres expected to arrive by helicopter at cobham in half an hour. Getting excited now.:D:D:D:D:D

I think you are spot on there.
    Thats exactly how i see it
    except i do believe if he stays now there's a small chance he'll stay in the summer too.
    just a small chance mind

If he stays he has the best strike partner he has ever had at Liverpool and Id expect Liverpool to challenge for 4th next year with a Torres / Suarez frontline.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    SSN now reporting that torres expected to arrive by helicopter at cobham in half an hour. Getting excited now.:D:D:D:D:D

I wont believe it until I see it but it is hotting up, damn you Sky/Agents/ Managers and your stupid bigging up this last day transfer window malarky, some of us have work to do :pac:

• Advertisement

I seen that, gonna have to leave SSN on for the evening now. As much as I don't agree with some of the reported fees and I'm on record here as saying this will definitely not happen in this window I really do look forward to the idea of Drogba and Torres up front, that would be magic.

I agree Essien, I dont think it will happen anyway, there is my hat in the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Holy Sh't !!! even I am getting excited now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

bookies have suspended betting since the reports of him arriving at cobham in the next hour went out!!

come on!!

im a pessimist and ive been burned by Robinho before... but...

its time to believe!!

I think he's gone to London in the hope a fee can be agreed and he's there ready to tie it up.

I think this maybe on lads, I am only believing it now.

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    Holy Sh't !!! even I am getting excited now!!!

If you keep your pesimistic views out of this Monkey I guarntee we will get Torres, you have been warned :D :P

I think he's gone to London in the hope a fee can be agreed and he's there ready to tie it up.

He must have permission from liverpool though otherwise it would be tapping up. I'd say a feee is agreed and they are now going to do a medical and personal terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

He must have gotten to the chopper pretty quick as he was on camera leaving Melwood in a car at 13:00.;)

LOL sky sports, helicoptor watch.

Sounds like the most realistic option at the moment, its a bit like when we applied for the work permit for Luiz, it was a formality incase something happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Cant string a sentance togeher, going iot lucnh now, and we'd better ave signed someone by the time i get back, bringing spare underpants just in case!:eek:

Cant string a sentance togeher, going iot lucnh now, and we'd better ave signed someone by the time i get back, bringing spare underpants just in case!:eek:

What exectly are you planning to have for lunch? :pac:

Kess73 wrote: »
    He must have gotten to the chopper pretty quick as he was on camera leaving Melwood in a car at 13:00.;)

True, unless he left in the car to get the chopper :)

Either way, this deal isnt going ahead for me until I see him at Cobham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

LanceStorm wrote: »
    bookies have suspended betting since the reports of him arriving at cobham in the next hour went out!!

come on!!

im a pessimist and ive been burned by Robinho before... but...

its time to believe!!
    Ye before we know it he will have fecking signed for Fulham or something :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

True, unless he left in the car to get the chopper :)

choppa-predator.gif?1247000568

Soby wrote: »
    Ye before we know it he will have fecking signed for Fulham or something :P

If he does, I want Kakuta back :D

Edit : Well played LanceStorm ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

SSN say he is still in Liverpool

Someone in Liverpool thread says Ballague is saying Torres is still in Liverpool.

This is just ridiculous

ahem, we need a defender asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Ballaque now saying Torres still at pool but negotations are ongoing.

• Advertisement

Ballague has been right about everything so far so I'm gonna take his word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

the_monkey wrote: »
    SSN say he is still in Liverpool
    They have a helicopter with a mounted thermal image camera that has picked up inside a building no doubt :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Sky don't really have a clue whats gonig on

Sky sports seem very certain he will arrive at cobham. Tbf what does ballague know about torres, is he in constant contact with him or something. I hate ballague, talks a lot of ballacks

I love transfer day hype and speculation :D

Poor Man Utd and Arsenal fans missing out on the fun :P

Anybody want us to make a bid for Benjani, it wouldnt be a transfer day without every club and their U-12 team in "talks" with Benjani. :pac:

Sky sports seem very certain he will arrive at cobham. Tbf what does ballague know about torres, is he in constant contact with him or something. I hate ballague, talks a lot of ballacks

In fairness he was the guy who broke the story about Torres handing in a transfer request.

smuckers wrote: »
    Sky don't really have a clue whats gonig on

Ah to be fair Sky have there bases covered.

"Torres is eitehr going to stay or go"

What journalism eh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Came over here for a break from CC. Its mad there ..... great crack there and very exciting. Need to walk the dogs - but the timing's tricky!!

He's roght nearly 9/10 times about Spanish players and deals so Id say he has some insider info.

• Advertisement

Sky bet running 6/4 on Torres staying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement