Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Great biz by Chelsea.

Under performing 'star' out and a consistent over performing 'squad' player in.

I'm delighted with it even if I will always love jc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Great biz by Chelsea.

Under performing 'star' out and a consistent over performing 'squad' player in.

I'm delighted with it even if I will always love jc
    Cole + 6 million in exchange for Yossi?

Good business? I think not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Yossi is on the up, jc is on his way down.

Trust me, good for cfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Cole + 6 million in exchange for Yossi?

Good business? I think not.

I agree, bad business, but only the way it turned out, if Joe had gone to Spuds or Arsenal then we wouldnt have this arguement.
    Yossi is on the up, jc is on his way down.

Trust me, good for cfc

Dont agree with ya here, Yossi was never as good as Joe, Yossi is a good player but hes 2 years older AFAIK, but im open to correction or a quick Goggle.

I think it was bad business but as a free agent he could have joined anyone and we ran the risk of him going to a potential threat and he did and now we are comparing Yossi and Joe and what it has taken, in a roundabout way, both players swapping clubs, if it was a swap of 6 million and joe for Yossi, I would have freaked but it wasnt so cant complain really, still dont like it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Not sure what Yossi is on salary wise but hopefully we'll claw back a good bit of the 6 mil over the course of his time at Chelsea through reduced wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

thanks for the swap.

no takey-backsies ;)

ah, it's a risk on our behalf at Liverpool, and you didn't need him to desperately stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I think Liverpool have gotten the better end of the deal tbh.

bullpost wrote: »
    Not sure what Yossi is on salary wise but hopefully we'll claw back a good bit of the 6 mil over the course of his time at Chelsea through reduced wages.
    A winning CL final goal would pay for it all. :pac:

SlickRic wrote: »
    thanks for the swap.

no takey-backsies ;)

ah, it's a risk on our behalf at Liverpool, and you didn't need him to desperately stay.
    flahavaj wrote: »

Take the boasting elsewhere lads :P

I know who I would have rather taken.

Maybe Yossi will "smell" for us this season :pac:

• Advertisement

gavredking wrote: »
    Take the boasting elsewhere lads :P

I know who I would have rather taken.

Maybe Yossi will "smell" for us this season :pac:

United fan here mate, so I have no reason really to be taking joy in Liverpool doing well! Just giving my honest opinion: getting a better, younger player + cash is a good deal for Liverpool IMO.

United fan here mate, so I have no reason really to be taking joy in Liverpool doing well! Just giving my honest opinion: getting a better, younger player + cash is a good deal for Liverpool IMO.

Jaysus, sorry Flahavaj, was meant to quote ye seperately and answer yourself and Slic seperately not multi quote, sorry for putting ya in with the Liverpool crowd, wont happen again ;) :pac:

I agree with ya, its a better deal for the Pool. They have gained a better player IMO as well as 6million pounds.

Jaysus, sorry Flahavaj, was meant to quote ye seperately and answer yourself and Slic seperately not multi quote, sorry for putting ya in with the Liverpool crowd, wont happen again ;) :pac:

I agree with ya, its a better deal for the Pool. They have gained a better player IMO as well as 6million pounds.

No bother. I feel all dirty now though.:pac:

No bother. I feel all dirty now though.:pac:

dont worry, wont happen again :cool:

What was Utd interest in Cole, was there anything concrete or just the usual media speculation dya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

papagormo wrote: »
    what do ye make of Joe Cole?
    its not totally making sense to me, he was with a club that have just won the double and plays champions league football. to be fair he was really pushing for 1st team action on a more consistant basis towards the close of last season, although personally i always thought he was either 60/70 mins in him, after that the bad tackles seemed to start flying everywhere with him. he made a good impact sub aswell.
    he demands a higher wage, didnt get it. so then he signs for Liverpool for 90G a week. how much more was he expecting to get at chelsea? .

The speculation was that he wanted pay parity with John Terry, if true, that was never going to happen and I can't believe JC even believed it would. Now it looks as though he's signed for Liverpool for less than he demanded from Chelsea !

dont worry, wont happen again :cool:

What was Utd interest in Cole, was there anything concrete or just the usual media speculation dya know?

Just speculation AFAIK, but you have to imagine they at least considered it. I think at one stage Harry Redknapp hinted at United interest but you wouldn't trust him as far as you could throw him.:pac:

Just speculation AFAIK, but you have to imagine they at least considered it. I think at one stage Harry Redknapp hinted at United interest but you wouldn't trust him as far as you could throw him.:pac:

Ya anything 'Arry has to say about deals in football id take with a pinch of salt. He just reminds me of Del Boy. :P

Im surprised he didnt end up at Utd, its very rare that a player of J.cole ability becomes available for free, maybe Utd and Fergie just didnt fancy him, and you'd have to think at Utd he would have wanted more money then at liverpool, as Utd would be considered bigger in theie expections next year, Champs League and EPL contenders and all cups they enter.

So 90K at the Pool could have being 110K at Utd, all speculation of course though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

heyjude wrote: »
    The speculation was that he wanted pay parity with John Terry, if true, that was never going to happen and I can't believe JC even believed it would. Now it looks as though he's signed for Liverpool for less than he demanded from Chelsea !

jaysus, JC expecting anything near JT's wage bill is completely bonkers considering his injury woes, lack of 1st team action etc, surely even he must have realised that asking for that amount is overstepping the mark by quite a bit.
    hard to say who really has gained more, Liverpool can lay claim on the basis that joe is younger and the 6million, but he does get injured quite a bit, and takes quite a few games to get into the full flow hes capable of. it can be very frustrationg watchin him at times. that and as i said before, he has 60/70mins daycent game time in him, after that he falls off the radar.
    from what i have seen of Yossi, he came on as a sub and made an impact almost immediately, is very creative player, his age goes against him but sure chelsea dont mind having a few older players lining out. his wage bill is lower than JC's and doesnt appear to be as injury prone.
    on the balance of things, its very 50-50 i think.
    that and Kalou is god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I thought jc said a few weeks ago that he wanted champions league football, obviously not. Money talks I suppose.

On the benayoun compaisons, there are advantages to yossi. He does not get injured often, he can play 90 minutes ( jc barely lasts 60 even when fully fit), yossi is probably more consistent (jc is so frustrating sometimes) but lets be hionest lads, jc has been woefully out of form for some time now and is very injury prone so we were right not to offer ridiculous wages for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Jaysus ... JC a liverpool player .... never thought i'd see the day ...

how much we get for him ? or was he out of contract ?=

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

the_monkey wrote: »
    Jaysus ... JC a liverpool player .... never thought i'd see the day ...

how much we get for him ? or was he out of contract ?=

He was released weeks ago.

Of course he was.
    as was Ballack.

Pity we dont get any dinero for him .... since RA is a tight wad lately
    we could do with some transfer $$$$$$$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Agreed :(. Hope Joe Cole does well at Liverpool, well obviously not against us, but he was one of my favourite Chelsea players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Findin it hard to picture Joe in a scouser shirt at the minute :/
    He's not a massive loss, but one of the lads I would have thought were Chelsea through and through, sad to see 'em leave over wanting too much money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Would preferred to see him at spurs for some reason , never thought it would be the pool.

It will be very interesting how he does there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Chelsea launch 25m bid for Neymar here

I'd honestly question him to do it in the EPL, he seriously looks about 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I'd take him in a heart-beat to be honest, albeit a bit sad to not get young Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Chelsea launch 25m bid for Neymar here

I'd honestly question him to do it in the EPL, he seriously looks about 12

You can never tell how they would adapt in the PL , I like the idea of loaning him to the Hammers for next season and see how he gets on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

If you'd prefer I can leave the posts there and infract those that break the charter?

In all honesty lads lets just keep the thread on-topic and leave no real or imagined offence while we're at it :)

It'll mean that I can get to bed at a reasonable hour for a change!!

feck what did i miss in here?!
    honestly i go snoop round in other threads for five minutes and i miss all the controversy!:D

papagormo wrote: »
    feck what did i miss in here?!
    honestly i go snoop round in other threads for five minutes and i miss all the controversy!:D

you snooze you loose :D

jeeesh!:)

had a look there for community shield tickets, will be highly unlikely that a non member will be within an asses shout of getting a ticket.
    soo..headed to the united website, non members can purchase 1 ticket each for 30 sterling..could you keep stump when the blues score..that is the question?!

• Advertisement

EH , so ive been banned or what ??

Why were my other posts deleted ?? they weren't breaking the charter in any way ??

CHELSEA ROCK !!!

Cant wait for the start of the season. :)

It feels like its so long away, hopefully pre-season is uneventful for injury scares and what not.

Still alot left inthe transfer windo to see a name or two coming in, early days yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

RasTa wrote: »

Id rather take 10 million off some Italin Club or Spanish club then sell him to one of our rivals for that money.

Also we dont need to sell Drogba and I dont see him handing in a transfer request.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It's just some agent running his mouth hoping to get 10% on the transfer fee tbh. He still has 2+ years on his contract and I'd happily let him leave on a freee when he is 34 rather than sell him to City now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Replacing the top scorer in the league ain't easy either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

RasTa wrote: »

That's absolute bollocks. Horseshiitee of the highest grade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

According to Footall Italia we've joined race for Balotelli

Ush1 wrote: »
    Replacing the top scorer in the league ain't easy either.

Totally agree, its nearly impossible unless you spent silly money and at that your not sure taht you will get a striker to fill his boots, drogba was made for the EPL and how its played, Id hate to lose him now.
    smuckers wrote: »
    According to Footall Italia we've joined race for Balotelli

Good, Ive been wanting this for sometime, hugely promising player and people will knock his attitude but a good manager will get past that and see how good he is and how brillant he could become giving the right coaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Good, Ive been wanting this for sometime, hugely promising player and people will knock his attitude but a good manager will get past that and see how good he is and how brillant he could become giving the right coaching.

Someone like Mourinho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Someone like Mourinho?

Not doubting Jose, not at all, his track in the last fewseasons make him the ebst manager in the world.

But Jose has players he likes and players he doesnt, and even at that Jose could have an argument in an empty room.

What I should have tried to get across is Jose is a different type of manager then Carlo, Carlo appears to be more laid abck and not as egotistical is Jose and that type pf manager might help Balotelli.

If you look at his stats, Balotelli taht is, he has scored something like 30 goals in nealry 90 games in about 3 years for Inter, which for a young lad is really impressive, he ahs all the ability in the world but can he focus himself, I think he can and if he can I would love it to be for us.

Not doubting Jose, not at all, his track in the last fewseasons make him the ebst manager in the world.

But Jose has players he likes and players he doesnt, and even at that Jose could have an argument in an empty room.

What I should have tried to get across is Jose is a different type of manager then Carlo, Carlo appears to be more laid abck and not as egotistical is Jose and that type pf manager might help Balotelli.
    That's fair enough. It's also worth noting that Mourinho has admitted that he prefers established players over younger ones.
    If you look at his stats, Balotelli taht is, he has scored something like 30 goals in nealry 90 games in about 3 years for Inter, which for a young lad is really impressive, he ahs all the ability in the world but can he focus himself, I think he can and if he can I would love it to be for us.

86 appearances, 28 goals, 14 assists. He definitely has talent. Getting away from Italy, "se saltelli, muore Balotelli" and "there are no black Italians" can only be a good thing for him.

That's fair enough. It's also worth noting that Mourinho has admitted that he prefers established players over younger ones.

86 appearances, 28 goals, 14 assists. He definitely has talent. Getting away from Italy, "se saltelli, muore Balotelli" and "there are no black Italians" can only be a good thing for him.

Jose does prefer the established players, its very rarely seen that young guy is in a Jose team, I mean a guy 18-21. Jose played Balotelli over players like Pandev and Muntari, showing one of two things, he didnt rate the others he had to choose from or that even given Balotelli poor discipline he was easily good enough to play.

Racism is still in football, and in some countries and leagues it is more wide spread then most, i think their is a fine line between banter and ribbing between of rival fans and other players and racism and taunting and the Juve fans and a few other fans, not to mention the Inter fans themselves have had a go at Balotelli and have gone over the line IMO.

Maybe he will decide to stay and want to prove them all wrong.

Jose played Balotelli over players like Pandev and Muntari
    He didn't really. Pandev was always first choice in the big matches. Muntari plays a different position.
    Racism is still in football, and in some countries and leagues it is more wide spread then most, i think their is a fine line between banter and ribbing between of rival fans and other players and racism and taunting and the Juve fans and a few other fans, not to mention the Inter fans themselves have had a go at Balotelli and have gone over the line IMO.

Maybe he will decide to stay and want to prove them all wrong.
    They definitely went over the line. Racism is alive and well in Italian football.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement