Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

gavredking wrote: »
    Sky bet running 6/4 on Torres staying.

Nothing new here, Skybet respond to the silliest ripples in the market, 5/1 were pretty riduculous odds and they are just covering themselves tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Mirror reporting Torres given permission to attend a medical at Chels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Interesting, would love to see more sources though, even though more sources doesnt necessary mean its going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Sky now saying a helicopter is picking him up later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Major transfer news from oliver kay in 10mins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Torres has arrived at Chelsea. No he hasn't. Yes he has. There's a chopper flying somewhere...

I love transfer deadline day, especially when there's a big name potentially moving somewhere.

Seems Liverpool have signed Carroll for 35m, so that makes it more likely that Torres would leave ???

smuckers wrote: »
    Major transfer news from oliver kay in 10mins

Liverpool agree 35m fee with Newcastle for Carroll.

Should be the clearest indication yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ive been soo busy getting a bleeidng project all morning, I havent had time to think about transfers.
    But now that Ive handed up my work,
    KAMON THE ....who are we looking to get in again?

bw wrote: »
    Torres has arrived at Chelsea. No he hasn't. Yes he has. There's a chopper flying somewhere...

I love transfer deadline day, especially when there's a big name potentially moving somewhere.

Apparently Carroll to Liverpool for 35million is the latest update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

SURELY with Carroll going to Liverpool, Torres MUST be on his way.

I wasn't too enthused about the Torres transfer over the last few days, but at this stage I just want it done.

First cig since new years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

papagormo wrote: »
    Ive been soo busy getting a bleeidng project all morning, I havent had time to think about transfers.
    But now that Ive handed up my work,
    KAMON THE ....who are we looking to get in again?
    11 Gary Breen's

Soby wrote: »
    11 Gary Breen's

Whohoo!
    Although Phil Babb is surely worth a punt for the coming off the bench purposes?
    Nahh....I'm talking thru me hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Right, I'm back, now where the hell is he?
    Bah Humbug!

Do pool supporters not like Carroll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

This is crazy!

11 Gary Breen's

We all dream of a team of Gary Breen's, a team of Gary Breen's, a team of Gary Breen's.

Number 1 is Gary Breen
    Number 2 is......

Anyone else hopping through the threads like a fackin space man?
    I wasn't overly joyed at the Torres prospect yesterday, but gosh darn it, the spending bug has got the better of me.
    Roman, launch in another bid for Luiz, don't stop till you sign him!

I wasn't overly joyed at the Torres prospect yesterday, but gosh darn it, the spending bug has got the better of me.

50 million for Torres seems like pocket money when you consider the 35million been reported for Carroll.

I think we should give Liverpool another 10 just for the hell of it. :pac:

50 million for Torres seems like pocket money when you consider the 35million been reported for Carroll.

I think we should give Liverpool another 10 just for the hell of it. :pac:

One of the poster on the LFC thread pointed out that for 39 million they could have bought Blackburn.
    Perspective!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

One of the poster on the LFC thread pointed out that for 39 million they could have bought Blackburn.

"No player is bigger than the club"

but some players are bigger than other clubs...

Brillant ha :D

I know there is reports of the deal worth 35 million hasn't been finalised but surely they dont have obver 50 million to spend without selling Torres.

Just over 7 1/2 hours to go lads. Whos going getting a Torres 9 jersey if the deal goes through :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Wonder how all this speculation about Sturridge, Anelka as makeweights in this deal is going to affect them ?

bullpost wrote: »
    Wonder how all this speculation about Sturridge, Anelka as makeweights in this deal is going to affect them ?

They wont be going to Liverpool, not if Liverpool have splashed the best part of 58 million on 2 strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

bullpost wrote: »
    Well it seems they have gotten Andy Carroll now for £35 mil so guess we're getting Torres.
    Makes Carroll the 8th most expensive player of all time.:P..Crazy

Well it seems they have gotten Andy Carroll now for £35 mil so guess we're getting Torres.
    Makes Carroll the 8th most expensive player of all time.:P..Crazy

If we sign Torres, and its looking more likely, he will join around the same age that Drogba joined us at, if he joins, hopefully he wont have to be wrapped in cotton wool for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Funny that. you originally thought 40 million was too much.
    In fact just looking back there was several of yee on here posting that yee thought 35/40 mill was too much.
    How things have changed now it looks like he'll be a chelsea player.
    Very short memories some of yee.
    Granted yee are not all fickle but the ones who did shame on you

40 Million? Ah here, thats too big a gamble to be taking on one player thats only been showing glimpses of what he can do this season (one of note was one of his goal against ourselves. The begger)
    Get a younger talent in for quarter of that and focus on getting in a defender and let Sturridge get his game time, he deserves it and he is well capable.
    Imagine that

Johner wrote: »
    I'd love Torres at Chelsea but not for 40+ million.
    Shhhhhh!!!!

• Advertisement

Most of us came to our senses when Pool offered 35m for Carroll.

I suppose that puts the nature of the fee into perspective.

They wont be going to Liverpool, not if Liverpool have splashed the best part of 58 million on 2 strikers.

Danny has gone to Bolton on loan anyway.

This is how I'd like to imagine the boardroom talks went between Roman and Carlo

Roman "See that Torres, I'm having him I am"
    Carlo "Ok, if you have him then I want that Luiz mad hair bloke"
    Roman "Yeah well, then I want Sergio Aguero"
    Carlo "I want Pato"
    Roman "Lukaku"
    Carlo "Ok, ok you win, you are da boss"

Roman "Champ league trophy or its your A**!"

I'll hold my hands up, I didnt want Torres, but if Liverpool spend 35 on Carroll and we get Torres for 50 then its a relative bargain.

Put in perspective, Carroll has played in the EPL for what, 5months? He started well, got injured, that doesnt justify 35 million, not a chance. Maybe 15, maybe at a push 20 but never 35.

Now Torres has done it at this level and in Europe, nothing to prove.

So 50 million for Torres seems like a bargain. I would still rather Aguero, suits our formation better and is younger too and less injury prone.

amiable wrote: »
    Shhhhhh!!!!

My opinion is the same, 40+ million is too much for him imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

In fact just looking back there was several of yee on here posting that yee thought 35/40 mill was too much.

Frankly, Abramovich is rolling in money. Rolling. I don't really care how much he spends in absolute terms.

My main issue was handing 50 million to Liverpool. Some people may discredit Liverpool but I still see them as rivals, if currently not a direct threat. I figured they could do a lot with 50 million, bids in for Lukaku, Hazard, Aguero etc. and get some of them. Today they look like spending 35 million on Andy Carroll. I am no longer worried about giving them 50 million.

That's why 40-50 million isn't really a problem for me any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

What has changed? What shame? I wasn't even involved, but just because someone thinks someone is overpriced, doesn't mean they can't get excited about the prospect of the player coming to the club.
    I for one, think torres, at 40-50mill, is overpriced... he's too injury prone for my liking. But, I am still very happy about the idea of him playing for the club. Its not my 50 million :D

• Advertisement

Main thing about this saga is that Torres isnt worth 50 million, but Liverpool dont want to sell and that is the price they want. Torres wants to leave and we are interested so all we can do is match the valuation or fook off.

If we dont get Torres and we end up empty handed in this transfer window Im not going to be too pushed as long as we invest in the summer and on the evidence of this January window that will be the case regardless.

Johner wrote: »
    My opinion is the same, 40+ million is too much for him imo.

I think we all agree, he's too much and we dont really want him, but hey, if he scores the winning goal at Wembley this year then its gonna be wet sloppy lurvvvve

Oh I want him at the bridge, definitely! the fee is too much imo but looking at the market today it could actually be a bargain.

I think we all agree, he's too much and we dont really want him, but hey, if he scores the winning goal at Wembley this year then its gonna be wet sloppy lurvvvve
    If he scores the goals that win Chelsea the champions league he'll be worth every single penny

If we win the Champs League Final I dont care if P.Ferrera scores the winning goal, I will have his babies and demand that he goes into the vclubs history as our greatest ever player.

EVER!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

Its extremely hard to justify Andy Carroll's fee but Liverpool do need to sign a striker and need to pay over the odds.
    You'll see in other threads i don't think he's worth anything near 20 mill
    but what do you do when you just get an extra 50 million into the kitty and are desperate for a strike partner for Suarez.
    2 new strikers at Anfield for a little bit more than what Torres will be sold for

http://transparentsport.com/cfcuk/story.php?id=101953

Despite all the denials that emanated from Anfield, Spanish World Cup winner Fernando Torres has joined Chelsea from Liverpool for a fee thought to be in the region of £50m. After first rejecting Chelsea’s approaches, Dalglish had little option but to hold out for as much money as he could after the player said he wanted to move to Chelsea.

Torres started his professional career at Atletico Madrid for whom he played between 2001 and 2007 and made 214 appearances notching 82 goals. He joined Liverpool in 2007 and played 102 times in which he hit the back of the net on 65 occasions.

With a nickname of El Niño, Torres has won both the European Championship and the World Cup, scoring goals regularly for his national for whom he has played 82 times and scored 26 goals.

We here at cfcuk.net wish Fernando the best of luck at Stamford bridge and look forward to him continuing in the rich goal-scoring vein which he has displayed at both club and international level.

Meantime, Daniel Sturridge has joined Bolton Wanderers on loan, while Jacob Mellis has joined Championship side Barnsley on-loan until the end of the season.

http://www.livesoccertv.com/news/2638/football-transfer-news-liverpool-eye-carroll-but-chelsea-get-torres/

enough said!

http://transparentsport.com/cfcuk/story.php?id=101953

Despite all the denials that emanated from Anfield, Spanish World Cup winner Fernando Torres has joined Chelsea from Liverpool for a fee thought to be in the region of £50m. After first rejecting Chelsea’s approaches, Dalglish had little option but to hold out for as much money as he could after the player said he wanted to move to Chelsea.

Torres started his professional career at Atletico Madrid for whom he played between 2001 and 2007 and made 214 appearances notching 82 goals. He joined Liverpool in 2007 and played 102 times in which he hit the back of the net on 65 occasions.

With a nickname of El Niño, Torres has won both the European Championship and the World Cup, scoring goals regularly for his national for whom he has played 82 times and scored 26 goals.

We here at cfcuk.net wish Fernando the best of luck at Stamford bridge and look forward to him continuing in the rich goal-scoring vein which he has displayed at both club and international level.

Meantime, Daniel Sturridge has joined Bolton Wanderers on loan, while Jacob Mellis has joined Championship side Barnsley on-loan until the end of the season.

http://www.livesoccertv.com/news/2638/football-transfer-news-liverpool-eye-carroll-but-chelsea-get-torres/

enough said!
    Pinch of salt.
    He's still not arrived at Cobham and heard he's still in the North west of England

Ps, i think he will sign tonight

Pinch of salt.
    He's still not arrived at Cobham and heard he's still in the North west of England

Sorry, I so want to believe it now.
    We're all sitting here waiting to post the news!

Carrol deal apparently fallen through, not good news for us ..

I wont be counting any chickens before they are hatched. 6 1/2 hours left, alot can change.

I wont be counting any chickens before they are hatched. 6 1/2 hours left, alot can change.
    agreed

More rumours again of anelka being thrown into the deal.
    i know stories came out that Anelka wasn't up for it but how kosher were they?

More rumours again of anelka being thrown into the deal.
    i know stories came out that Anelka wasn't up for it but how kosher were they?
    and counter rumours he's not haha

Of all our strikers to leave Anelak is the only one I could see leaving.

Kakuta and Sturridge are too young and good to let go now, Kalou is useless and would be a carbon copy of Babel so Anelka would be the option, and hes 31 at the moment so ye can have him, we will throw in a free set of kit and and a bag of balls too, and maybe some bibs if Torres promises to smile when he plays :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement