Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Have Chelsea spent 50 million at the wrong end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

mike65 wrote: »
    Have Chelsea spent 50 million at the wrong end?

We spent 23m at the right end, the 50m striker was just a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Touché ! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    I know you have to pay for it, but the stream on LiveOnlineFooty is brilliant and running faultlessly. Signed up for it today, best 6 quid I've ever spent already.

Cheers for that, looks the business. Subscribed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

thank you anelka phew

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Delighted with that win, and performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Excellent attacking performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Anelka really made a statement tonight with his performance - torres will do well to get a game if he keeps playing like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Johner wrote: »
    Excellent attacking performance.

And next time out we'll throw in Torres for good measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hopefully tonight's game was another nail in the coffin that was the past few months of dire performances.

Gwan you Blues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Good stuff chelsea. We are a good bit ahead of spurs now in the race for top 4. I am feeling more confident about that now. We are too far behind for a title challenge but I still feel we could grad second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Great result and performance !! Only slightly marred by Arsenal's nicking 2 late goals ... pfft can't see us catching either united or Arsenal, well maybe united cos we play em twice but then we just hand the title to Arsenal and moany Wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

TORRES PLAYS ON SUNDAY!

2218: Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti, meanwhile, has confirmed that new signing Fernando Torres WILL make his debut against Liverpool on Sunday, provided he is fit. "We will test tomorrow and the next day. If he has no problem, he will play against Liverpool." What a match to make your bow in for the Spaniard. What a match

Does him mean start or off the bench? Either way, its good stuff

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2282230,00.html

Video of Torres training there, the acamdemy lads singing at him at the start. :D

Fernando Torres completed his first training session as a Chelsea player on Tuesday, and admitted he can't wait to meet his new team-mates.

The Spaniard, who signed on transfer deadline day, trained alone with fitness coach Chris Jones at Cobham, before taking a tour of the world-class facilities at our training base.

0,,10268~9383647,00.jpg

'It has been a good first day, a happy day meeting everyone at the building,' he told the official Chelsea website afterwards. 'Everyone has been very kind and very nice with me, helping with everything, but it's a big mess for me remembering all the names, but it's nice to see that people are trying to help me!

Torres did a 45-minute session on the Academy match pitch, and was watched from inside the building by most of the scholars, and even a few of the staff, keen to see the World Cup winner put through his paces.

0,,10268~9383648,00.jpg

'The Academy players looked very happy to have me here and I'm very proud to be here,' he smiled. 'It is nice to come back to work after some tough days and move a little bit, so now I am prepared for tomorrow's training and in two days when all the team-mates will be here preparing for the next game.

'I'm looking forward to seeing the game against Sunderland tonight, hopefully we can win, and then I can meet all my team-mates, train with them and be involved in the routine of the team.'

0,,10268~9383649,00.jpg

21 shots on goal we had tonight with 14 on target.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well done tonight lads, you were absolutely superb and far too good for us.

To be honest, I'd be here all night if I was to go through why I thought you were so good, so I'm not going to bother :pac:

All the best for the rest of the season!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Any mock formations going around?

Cant imagine Ancelotti sticking with 4-3-3 seeing as Torres and Drogba flurish in the centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Not much attention on Luiz.Any word if he will start sunday too ? :D

Soby wrote: »

After last nights performance, I do hope so!

So half the shed will have curly hair wigs and the other half, El Nino shirts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Soby wrote: »
    Sure while Carlo is at it why doesn't he just name the full 11 now?

amiable wrote: »

Carlo Ancelotti was also asked about David Luiz and his possible involvement this Sunday against Liverpool. He said:
    'Luiz has fantastic quality. He doesn't have a problem to play. He has experience and he has played in the Champions League this season without a problem. He can play.

With him we can play from the back with more quality because he has a lot of quality and he has played as a midfielder. He has played any position in the back four.'

Well, he's done it penty of times before, but obviously he has to wait to see who is availble. Mikel went off limping last night.

And thanks for your concern Pool boy! ;)

Paully D wrote: »
    Well done tonight lads, you were absolutely superb and far too good for us.

To be honest, I'd be here all night if I was to go through why I thought you were so good, so I'm not going to bother :pac:

All the best for the rest of the season!

Cheers mate, first half was very open and even and I thought you's gave it a good go, second half I thought we were brilliant going forward. Was a thrilling game! Looks like you've got a real good player in Sessegnon he did very well last night I thought. Best of luck getting that European place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Great game last night. :D

I thought the 1st half was excellent from both teams and Sunderland showed they are well capable of pushing for Europe.

2nd half we were a different animal, we deserved to win, our attacking display was immense. Cole and Bosingwa pushed back any threat from the sunderland flanks and Anelka was just brillant, he really gave everything, he ran himself into the ground, he closed down and he looked like a player fighting and willing to show hes good enough to play with Drogba and Torres.

Im glad this game is out of the way and we made amends from our defeat at the Bridge.

• Advertisement

Hi amiable,

Heres an exclusive you can bring back to the Liverpool thread, this is our team for the weekend :

1) Gary Breen

2) Gary Breen
    3) Gary Breen
    4) Gary Breen
    5) Gary Breen

6) Gary Breen
    7) Gary Breen
    8) Gary Breen

12) Gary Breen
    10) Gary Breen
    11) Gary Breen

Subs :

9) FERNANDO TORRES :pac::P:D

^ :D

Just got to love that mad curly hair. All the attention is on Torres but for me Luiz is the real steal of this window, we've got ourselfs a top, top defender that can play anywhere and even in midfield, what a steal.

Anyone know what number he is going to wear? I pressume either 4 or 6.

Hope he takes over from Carvalho and fills his number 6 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

gavredking wrote: »
    All the attention is on Torres but for me Luiz is the real steal of this window, we've got ourselfs a top, top defender that can play anywhere and even in midfield, what a steal.

Fully agree Jamie!

The lad looks class from any videos ive seen, defensive pairs always work best with one brute strength and one smart defender in my opinion!! (Terry/Carvalho)(Desailly/LeBeouf)(Vidic/Ferdinand)

^ :D

Just got to love that mad curly hair. All the attention is on Torres but for me Luiz is the real steal of this window, we've got ourselfs a top, top defender that can play anywhere and even in midfield, what a steal.

Anyone know what number he is going to wear? I pressume either 4 or 6.

Hope he takes over from Carvalho and fills his number 6 :)

Its 4!

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2283049,00.html

• Advertisement

Carlo Ancelotti was also asked about David Luiz and his possible involvement this Sunday against Liverpool. He said:
    'Luiz has fantastic quality. He doesn't have a problem to play. He has experience and he has played in the Champions League this season without a problem. He can play.

With him we can play from the back with more quality because he has a lot of quality and he has played as a midfielder. He has played any position in the back four.'

Well, he's done it penty of times before, but obviously he has to wait to see who is availble. Mikel went off limping last night.

And thanks for your concern Pool boy! ;)
    You're welcome Plastic boy

top, top defender
    LanceStorm wrote: »
    Fully agree Jamie!
    :D ssssssshhhhhhhhhh I'll be found out

Cool :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Your welcome Plastic boy
    What??

What??
    Sorry, have it edited now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

What??

Haven't you heard, Pool are the only REAL football club in England and your not a real fan if you don't support them because no other club has history, it doesn't matter how they are playing now, as long as those titles they won 20 years ago are still there to remind them that they were a good side once.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Haven't you heard, Pool are the only REAL football club in England and your not a real fan if you don't support them because no other club has history, it doesn't matter how they are playing now, as long as those titles they won 20 years ago are still there to remind them that they were a good side once.
    That's news to me

Sorry, have it edited now
    The only plastic about Chelsea is the free flags they give out during the Champions League.

Remember when Liverpool used to play in it? Of course you do because all Liverpool fans talk about is the past. Keep doing that while Chelsea keep winning competitions.

The only plastic about Chelsea is the free flags they give out during the Champions League.

Remember when Liverpool used to play in it? Of course you do because all Liverpool fans talk about is the past. Keep doing that while Chelsea keep winning competitions.
    Yawn

I love banter :D

Can anyone tell me how many English Premier League titles that Chelsea have?

I think at last count its more then Liverpool, could be wrong though. ;)

Yawn
    Tired? run along so and stick on the history channel, put you right to sleep.

• Advertisement

Not tired at all. Just bored of the script you have been issued

Im tired of the same old, same old coming out from the 'Pool fans.

Histroy this, hertiage that, boot-room this, 18 league titles that.

Come here, that was about 20 years ago, when Liverpool come back and aer a force in English football again then I will acknowledge them, right now there is at least 5 clubs betetr then Liverpool.

Deluded fans are the worse type of fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I love banter :D

Can anyone tell me how many English Premier League titles that Chelsea have?

I think at last count its more then Liverpool, could be wrong though. ;)

Yep because football did not exist before the Premiership years. :p

Seriously though lads, since the 03/04 season Chelsea have won the league 3 times and been runner up 3 times, so even a Liverpool supporter like myself cannot say that Chelsea have not been a major force in England in recent years.

But Chelsea fans should know what it is like to have won stuff and then had long barren spells without winning.

Yes Liverpool have not won the one thing that we want the most in 21 years now. But since we last won the league we have won the FA cup 3 times, won the league cup 3 times, won the Champions league, won the Uefa cup, and a few of the minor cups like the Charity shield and the UEFA super cup a few times each.

So yes we have not done well by our own standards, and yes we have not won the league, but other than the league titles (and I would put winning them above anything else) Liverpool have matched Chelsea over the last 21 years as both clubs have won the same amount of FA cups and League cups in the last 21 years, and Liverpool have won more in Europe over the last 21 years as well.

So yeah, Liverpool have not won a hell of a lot over the last 21 years, but Chelsea's record only shines thanks to those 3 league titles over the same 21 year period. Those three league titles that I would kill for though. ;)

You lads can try to rip my post apart if you like, but our silverware hauls over the last 21 years are very similar, and too similar for me to come on and mock Chelsea especially when I fully admit that winning the league once, let alone thrice,in that timescale is enough to tip the balance in Chelsea's favour in terms of which club has had the better 21 years.

Just don't tar all Liverpool fans as thinking that Chelsea is just a plastic flag waving club as some of us Reds can talk about the Chelsea of old having watched those teams over the decades.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yep because football did not exist before the Premiership years. :p

Ive only been a Chelsea fan since 2003 so I wasnt aware of any football league or any such titles of any other club before this :D

Im tired of the same old, same old coming out from the 'Pool fans.

Histroy this, hertiage that, boot-room this, 18 league titles that.

Come here, that was about 20 years ago, when Liverpool come back and aer a force in English football again then I will acknowledge them, right now there is at least 5 clubs betetr then Liverpool.

Deluded fans are the worse type of fans.
    Show me the quote where i've mentioned these things?
    You did. I didn't. Strange isn't it. Feeling a bit paranoid are you?
    I didn't mention LFC history once.
    It was Chelsea fans that did.
    Maybe not having a history is getting to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LOUL @ this exchange.

Show me the quote where i've mentioned these things?
    You did. I didn't. Strange isn't it. Feeling a bit paranoid are you?
    I didn't mention LFC history once.
    It was Chelsea fans that did.
    Maybe not having a history is getting to you?

Never said you did amiable.

Im mentioning the history of LFC becasue its the usual come back of a Liverpool fan when someone puts them in there place about what have the done in recent years.

Nope we have no history at all, none before Roman and his trillions and trillions came in and bought titles.
    flahavaj wrote: »
    LOUL @ this exchange.

The match thread is going to be even better :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The LOLZ are coming from both sides. Sunday is gonna be epic in so many ways. Cigar and feet up time.

Dont forget the popcorn :D

Sunday will go one of two ways, Chelsea lose, United and 'Pool fans on the match thread LOL'ing at spending 70 odd million and still losing or Chelsea win and United fans slagging the Liverpool fans for having a useless team.

I can predict possible infractions and bannings from Sunday's game.

The main winnar's here are the Man Utd fans.

WINNAR :pac:

• Advertisement

Seems Chelsea fans are allowed bring up LFC history so.
    fair enough. Thanks for that:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement