Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

They definitely went over the line. Racism is alive and well in Italian football.

What happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

What happened?

Every match he plays, fans chant things like "there are no black Italians" and "if you jump, Balotelli dies" (while jumping up and down). Not to mention the obligatory monkey chants.

Jaysus :/ Is Balotelli being singled out? or would all Black players in the Italian league receive the same treatment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He didn't really. Pandev was always first choice in the big matches. Muntari plays a different position.

They definitely went over the line. Racism is alive and well in Italian football.

Yup, he didnt play the big games under Jose but he has played him in some big games, his pace and size is a real advantage.

Italy has a problem but almost every country and league does unfortunately.
    What happened?

Basically he is Italian/Ghanaian, and the Italians dont see him as a "real" Italian, even though he was called up to the Ghana national team when he was still young, iirc he turned it down saying he felt Italian and was waiting to qualify for citzienship.
    Every match he plays, fans chant things like "there are no black Italians" and "if you jump, Balotelli dies" (while jumping up and down). Not to mention the obligatory monkey chants.

All true things, the monkey chants are most noticable though in Italian football as I dont speak or understand italian, the chanting or songs mean nothing but the monkey chants, directed at any player is disguisting.

On topic, slap in a bid Roman and end his Italian nightmare :pac:

Jaysus :/ Is Balotelli being singled out? or would all Black players in the Italian league receive the same treatment?

Most black players receive it to some degree. Marco Zoro picked up the ball and stopped a match once because of the abuse he was getting from the stands. Momo Sissoko gets the monkey chants from sections of his own team's fans. Balotelli gets more abuse than most because he's a controversial figure (wearing an AC Milan jersey on TV etc) and mostly because he's Italian.

EDIT:

Zoro storms off after Inter supporters' racist chanting

Inter fans have generally just lashed out at him, booing him but no racism chants AFAIK, its generally away fans or when Inter travel.

He gets a shed load of abuse because he is seeing as a pre-madonna and a hot head and the fans are trying to get on his back, he was booed off in the CL semi and throw his shirt to the ground to, that didnt endear himself to anybody but you can see where he is coming from if your own fans are giving you stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

We've bid 20mil for Neymar accoing ro reports in Brazil

http://jbonline.terra.com.br/pextra/2010/07/20/e200717700.asp

Cech left training early today with a calf problem, Chelsea awaiting scan results. Zhirkov does training alone while recovering from knee injury

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2097151,00.html

Cech left training early today with a calf problem, Chelsea awaiting scan results. Zhirkov does training alone while recovering from knee injury

Thats all we need before the start of the season :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Juve fans also held a banner which said:

‘Don’t kid yourself Balotelli, you’d annoy us even if you were white.’

Ush1 wrote: »
    Juve fans also held a banner which said:

‘Don’t kid yourself Balotelli, you’d annoy us even if you were white.’

Those people from Turin sound like a right laugh :rolleyes:

On a side note, i think im going splash the cash on a new home jersey with PL champions 09/10 Badges with Essien 5 on the back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

€20m bid rejected for Neymar

Nice to see that we actually are willing to spend real money on a player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

does anyone know anything about neymar. I have never seen him play but he must be good if we bid for him, he looks a bit light weight imo.

Yeah, does look a bit small but I have faith in Carletto's knowledge of Brazillians :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Cech makes me nervous , I would love if Chelsea sign Shay Given :)

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    Cech makes me nervous , I would love if Chelsea sign Shay Given :)

Cech's coming back to his former self IMO. His shot stopping is on par with Given's. Neither were very assured in commanding their box last season and it wouldn't suprise me if Given lost his place to Hart this season. Cech's definitely still got the goods and saved us a few times last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Lukker- wrote: »
    Cech's coming back to his former self IMO. His shot stopping is on par with Given's. Neither were very assured in commanding their box last season and it wouldn't suprise me if Given lost his place to Hart this season. Cech's definitely still got the goods and saved us a few times last season.

It looks likely he is to loose his place to Hart , even tho he had a great season with City.

I think Cech is a bit injury prone and flaps too much; I just would have more confidence in Given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

have ye no faith in our back up keepers?!
    nothing wrong with cech, sure isnt one of the strongest defense around in front of him. he will be sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

as much as it makes no sense...

im delighted to hear that we've had a bid rejected for Neymar, it means that we're actually trying to make a signing and going for a young exciting talent!!

i really hope we go back with another bid for this kid, altho its worrying to see them saying "Santos FC have no interest in opening negotiations"

LanceStorm wrote: »
    as much as it makes no sense...

im delighted to hear that we've had a bid rejected for Neymar, it means that we're actually trying to make a signing and going for a young exciting talent!!

i really hope we go back with another bid for this kid, altho its worrying to see them saying "Santos FC have no interest in opening negotiations"

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. Shows that we do have some intent on the transfer market. I wouldn't read too much into what Santos have said. Basically just means "we'll sell if you meet the asking".

• Advertisement

Doesn't sound too promising

Bruce Buck admitted Chelsea were "looking at some things", having released Joe Cole, Michael Ballack and Juliano Belletti, and with Deco being heavily linked with a move to his native Brazil. Yossi Benayoun, signed from Liverpool, is the club's only summer acquisition thus far, but Buck does not envisage "anything major" in terms of transfers.

"We're very happy with the squad we have now," Buck said, "so if there are any more additions, it will be fine-tuning. Whether or not they'll work out, who knows? We'll just see how it goes over the next six weeks."

So nothing major then, is he not aware this squad needs refreshing??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

smuckers wrote: »
    Doesn't sound too promising

Bruce Buck admitted Chelsea were "looking at some things", having released Joe Cole, Michael Ballack and Juliano Belletti, and with Deco being heavily linked with a move to his native Brazil. Yossi Benayoun, signed from Liverpool, is the club's only summer acquisition thus far, but Buck does not envisage "anything major" in terms of transfers.

"We're very happy with the squad we have now," Buck said, "so if there are any more additions, it will be fine-tuning. Whether or not they'll work out, who knows? We'll just see how it goes over the next six weeks."

So nothing major then, is he not aware this squad needs refreshing??????

Usual stupid Chelsea attitude, "Well we won the league (barely) in 2010, so we should be able to win it again next year"

STUPID ....

all downhill from here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

the_monkey wrote: »
    Usual stupid Chelsea attitude, "Well we won the league (barely) in 2010, so we should be able to win it again next year"

STUPID ....

Was always what I thought was gonna happen. All that over exciteable talk of Aguero, Torres and Schweinsteiger was always a bit far-fetched. Chelsea have to live in the real world like everyone else these days.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Was always what I thought was gonna happen. All that over exciteable talk of Aguero, Torres and Schweinsteiger was always a bit far-fetched. Chelsea have to live in the real world like everyone else these days.

I guess so , should be happy with the double, next season we have a shot of the FA cup , but Prem league is Arsenal I think, CL Barca for sure ...

(quickly glances at the list of youths coming though to make sure they are all accounted for..)
    oh yes indeed, we are absolutely fooked altogether.
    Aguero pretty much wants to come to Chelsea, was never overly keen on the idea of getting in Torres, we have goal scorers, and Schweinsteiger..well after the WC he's had pretty much every team worth their salt wanted him, but he is committed.
    the transfer business end so far:

IN
    Yossi Benayoun £5.5m
    Matej Delac (Inter Zapresic) £2.7m
    Tomas Kalac (Sigma Olomouc) Undisclosed

(have I forgotten someone lads?!)

OUT
    Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce) £4.95m.....................Raging.
    Michael Ballack (Bayer Leverkusen) Free
    Juliano Belletti (Fluminense) Free
    Seth Nana Ofori-Twumasi (Peterborough United) Free
    Tomas Kalac (Sigma Olomouc) Season Loan
    Rhys Taylor (Carlisle) Two Month Loan
    Joe Cole Released

(quickly glances at the youths again, along with the list of youths loaned out)

yes, i declare that we are indeed, royally fooked altogether.

except we are in fact pretty sorted, just get in a defensive midfielder or get in Claude Macca to teach Mikel

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I don't know whats with all the pessimism. Seriously we are pretty much sorted for next season.

Gk - Cech Turnbull Hilario

Defenders - Bosingwa Ivan Alex Terry Carvalho Cole Zhirkov Bertrand Hutchinson and Bruma if he doesn't go on loan. Not too many with a back line as strong as that.

Midfield - Matic Mikel Essien Lampard Malouda Yossi Zhirkov Kakuta with the possibility of McEachran Clifford to cover the worst of injury crisis.

Forward - Drogba Anelka Kalou Sturridge Borini

Looks fine to me. Essien back and raring to go is better than any player we could sign. Matic and Mikel for DM. Matic will certainly be able to cover the ground better than Ballack, he can also pass a ball. Malouda/Zhirkov/Kalou on the left. Yossi/Kalou/Anelka/Kakuta on the right.

Sturridge will add pace and trickery up front, just needs to be more decisive in front of goal.

If Kalou continues improving the way he did towards the end of last season he will be a fantastic player.

Yossi can't do any less than Cole did in the last 2 seasons.

Kakuta to get more first team action and he can certainly make something happen.

Only area we are slightly short in is CM. A realistic target has to be Khediera or someone of that ilk. But we have to give youth a chance. No point pumping millions into a youth setup if we are never going to give them a chance.

No other team has strengthened significantly bar City, but that was always going to happen.

Barr wrote: »
    It looks likely he is to loose his place to Hart , even tho he had a great season with City.

I think Cech is a bit injury prone and flaps too much; I just would have more confidence in Given

Cech is better then Given full stop. Hes bigger and is as good a shot stopper, plus as I said the extra 4 or 5 inches Cech has helps him claim nearly 100% of things Given stays on his line for.

STUPID ....

What? As the defending chapions we have every right to have this attitude, we won the league last year ( barley) as you said because we didnt perform in games we should have rolled over teams, and that was with playing a 4-4-2 diamond, when we made the change to 4-3-3 we destroyed teams and had a 100% win record against our "big 4" rivals
    flahavaj wrote: »

Was never gonna happen that we were going to sign all these players, 1 maybe but not 3. Aguero looks the most likely as Torres and Schweinsteiger would cost more and be harder to get with more competetion in for both of them, time will tell, along way to go in the transfer window.
    I guess so , should be happy with the double, next season we have a shot of the FA cup , but Prem league is Arsenal I think, CL Barca for sure ...

Happy with a double, if any team went out with the attitude of not trying to improve on a previous seasons achievements then there is no point in that team even starting the season, loook at Man Utd through the years, they proved the hardest thing to do is to retain the EPL title, they did it for years, same goes with the FA cup for Utd.

I dont expect us to win the CL but I expect us to give it a bloody good shot.

Arsenal will not win the league, they have no strength in depth at all at all. That doesnt mean they will be there or there abouts come the end of the season, our biggest threats are Man Utd and City this year IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Doesn’t sound great for transfers but I’d Love to get 1 big signing.

Also a heads up, anyone getting the Chelsea home kit, buy it on megastore & get Essien on the back. The price reduces to £30 :O , only works with Essien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cech out for a month with a calf injury.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8841884.stm

Bah.

Johner wrote: »

Ah balls :(

I say bring in Buffon for 20million :pac: or Joe Hart for 10 million :pac:

Serious for a minute, I think Turnbull should be given a shot, I cant trust Hilario IMO.

Also Id like if Rhys Taylor was drafted in, I was expecting Hilario to be shipped out by this stage and Taylor given a chance to make a step up, having watched him at under age levels he seems a decent prospect if he was given some experiences.

• Advertisement

We're in talks with Bologna over a loan deal for Matic, if that is the cae we must be in for a midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yeah Turnbull should step in, Hilarious Hilario should be getting nowhere that number one spot.

Taylor is on loan at Crewe but hopefully Cech will recover sooner than the month.

gavredking wrote: »
    Ah balls :(

I say bring in Buffon for 20million :pac: or Joe Hart for 10 million :pac:

Buffon is out injured for a lot longer than Cech!

Buffon is out injured for a lot longer than Cech!

Ya I thought I heard that somewhere, wasnt sure though, alos the chances of us singing Buffon when fit :D haha not going happen, was just a p**s take :)
    Johner wrote: »
    Yeah Turnbull should step in, Hilarious Hilario should be getting nowhere that number one spot.

Taylor is on loan at Crewe but hopefully Cech will recover sooner than the month.

Well I dont see us splashing out on a keeper, IMO Turnbull is good enough, just needs games.

Taylor would be my 3rd choice though, and hopefully he gets some experience on loan, I just hope he is giving a chance.
    We're in talks with Bologna over a loan deal for Matic, if that is the cae we must be in for a midfielder.

You'd hope so anyway, because Matic played a few cameo sub apperances towards the end of last season and Carlo and Ray seem to fancy him to.

Maybe Delac will be getting an early plane ticket to the Bridge ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Turnbull should be given the experience of playing the majority of our pre-season games and however many Premier League matches Cech misses, Hilario should be viewed as our 3rd choice keeper otherwise what was the point of getting in Turnbull in the first place?

BTW

Neymar FTW!!
    he's Robinho, only hopefully not a money grabbing dick!!

I love when Hilarios plays :D

Whenever the guy makes a simple catch or picks the ball up this one guy at the bar always starts screaming "SUPA KEEPAH SUPA KEEPAH".

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Turnbull should be given the experience of playing the majority of our pre-season games and however many Premier League matches Cech misses, Hilario should be viewed as our 3rd choice keeper otherwise what was the point of getting in Turnbull in the first place?

BTW

Neymar FTW!!
    he's Robinho, only hopefully not a money grabbing dick!!

So basically Neymar will be brillant at home and useless away rom home, espiecally to Blackpool in December*

* first club that came to mind that will have difficult conditions in winter and we are possibly not playing Blackpool away in December :pac:

Sick shít spewing from Joe's mouth, absolutely gut wrenching!
    Liverpool are 'the biggest club in the country', says Joe Cole
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/21/liverpool-biggest-club-joe-cole

Also, Im calling troll and/or mental deficiency on Monkey's part, youre way too pessimistic to be for real.
    agent Wagner Ribeiro confirmed Chelsea's previous offer and then insisted Neymar's will would go a long way to deciding his future if he decides to force through a transfer.

He said: "Today, I'm going to have a meeting with the boy's parents and also with a senior manager at Santos, Pedro Luiz Nunes Conception. But the more important [aspect to] this story is the will of the boy. If he says he wants to leave we will talk with the president [Luis Álvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro] and Pedro Luiz. Hence, we must also talk to the investor to negotiate with Chelsea."

Ribeiro also went on to confirm that an offer of £17.7m would not be enough to conclude the deal as the player is part-owned by the SONDA agency. This figure would only meet the 60 per cent owned by Santos, and would fall short of the overall figure of £29.5m needed to meet the release clause for all parties.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/07/21/2036066/if-santos-starlet-neymar-wants-to-join-chelsea-we-will-try

• Advertisement

Kakuta, Mellis, Borini and Delac all in action.

From chelseafc.com

Chelsea's band of Under 19 internationals were in action again on Wednesday, with a win, a loss and a draw.

Gael Kakuta once again played the full 90 minutes for hosts France, who recorded their second big win in four days, this time destroying Austria 5-0.

Just like on Sunday, Kakuta's fine solo work ended in a goal, though this time not for himself, as after beating three men before passing to Alexandre Lacazette to finish the move six minutes after the hour. That was the second of the game, and Lacazette would claim another before the final whistle, Antoine Griezemann also netting a brace before Enzo Reale completed the rout.

It guarantees France's place in the semi-finals prior to their final group game against England, who were beaten 1-0 by Holland despite the presence of Chelsea midfielder Jacob Mellis, who started after an impressive stint as a late sub on Sunday.

In his 83 minutes on the field, Mellis created two decent opportunities for team-mates but neither was converted, meaning Noel Blake's side must beat France if they are to progress into the last four.

Ten-man Italy are still looking for their first goal of the tournament but they did pick up a point with a goalless draw against Croatia.

Fabio Borini once again captained the Italians and went close early on with an effort cleared off the line, but could find no breakthrough, even after the introduction of club colleague Jacopo Sala with 21 minutes remaining.

It meant a clean sheet for Chelsea-bound Croatian goalkeeper Matej Delac, who twice denied forward Mattia Destro, the top scorer in qualifying.

The final round of group games take place on Saturday, when Croatia meet Portugal and Italy take on Spain, who secured a 2-1 win against the Portuguese.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

Ribeiro also went on to confirm that an offer of £17.7m would not be enough to conclude the deal as the player is part-owned by the SONDA agency. This figure would only meet the 60 per cent owned by Santos, and would fall short of the overall figure of £29.5m needed to meet the release clause for all parties.

Hate that 3rd party ownership ****. Agenciecthink they can demand a huge chunk of that £29 million fee becaus they paid for the players boots like 10 years ago.

Its sheer exploitation, regardless of how much they helped in the past

Hate that 3rd party ownership ****. Agenciecthink they can demand a huge chunk of that £29 million fee becaus they paid for the players boots like 10 years ago.

Its sheer exploitation, regardless of how much they helped in the past

Not a helpful situation at all, but there is no way he is worth 29 million. I think they will try hold out for as much as possible.

If Neymar turns out to be one of the worlds biggest stars though it could be seen as an investment.

Cech out !!!!!!! ah jesus !!!!!

GIVE US A BREAK!!

For a month! 3 and a half weeks til the start of the season and enough backup keepers to keep us covered til the end of time! will you shut the fúck up now?

monkey oul bean,fear not the loss of cech,we could throw a donkey in goal and would still keep a clean sheet.we have an aul mean defence u see,keep the faith.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Could see Turnbull given a run and that would tie the blues over. Hopefully Hillario doesn't get anywhere near the goal again.

Yeah I know itll be only 1 or 2 games from league season he'll miss, but not a good sign so early to get injured ... he could be vulnerable this season .

Ramieres to join within days according to reports

Ramieres to join within days according to reports

link?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement