Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Just a statement. Oh I guess around nothing, what he was worth.
    Exactly. So not a very apt comparison.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

amiable wrote: »
    Exactly. So not a very apt comparison.

Either is comparing Torres and Shevchenko. Shevchenko was always a doubt, whether he would suceed in the EPL. He had lost whatever pace he had. Torres has pace and has already proven he can do it in England.

Either is comparing Torres and Shevchenko. Shevchenko was always a doubt, whether he would suceed in the EPL. He had lost whatever pace he had. Torres has pace and has already proven he can do it in England.
    Actually they are a good comparison because both cost hefty fees and both seem to have been pushed by the owner. Very good comparison IMO.
    Just seems if i say black you'll say white

Actually they are a good comparison because both cost hefty fees and both seem to have been pushed by the owner. Very good comparison IMO.
    Just seems if i say black you'll say white

Nope just putting my opinion across. Transfer fees were both large. Shevchenko was pushing 30 when he was signed. Torres should be entering his prime. Different style of player too. It'll be interesting to see how he works with a strike partner, as it certainly didn't work for Shevchenko

Nope just putting my opinion across. Transfer fees were both large. Shevchenko was pushing 30 when he was signed. Torres should be entering his prime. Different style of player too. It'll be interesting to see how he works with a strike partner, as it certainly didn't work for Shevchenko
    Torres is 27 next month. He should be in his prime surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

This will be the biggest challenge for Torres at Chelsea IMO.
    Torres played his best up top on his own with someone playing off him, IMO you dont get the best from him unless this is the case. Similar to the Spain setup IMO he doesnt play his best stuff paired with Villa.

If you can get Torres and Anelka/Drogba linking well Chelsea strikeforce could be the best the EPL has ever seen...

This will be the biggest challenge for Torres at Chelsea IMO.
    Torres played his best up top on his own with someone playing off him, IMO you dont get the best from him unless this is the case. Similar to the Spain setup IMO he doesnt play his best stuff paired with Villa.

If you can get Torres and Anelka/Drogba linking well Chelsea strikeforce could be the best the EPL has ever seen...

In my opinion, Anelka and Torres will work better than Anelka/Drogba or Drogba/Torres. Anelka will drop far deeper and as he showed the other night he is very capable of splitting a defence with one pass. With Torres pace it should be very dangerous.

In my opinion, Anelka and Torres will work better than Anelka/Drogba or Drogba/Torres. Anelka will drop far deeper and as he showed the other night he is very capable of splitting a defence with one pass. With Torres pace it should be very dangerous.
    Are you not worried that Torres has lost a bit of pace?

I don't think he has, time will tell.

I don't think he has, time will tell.
    That's not what i asked you

• Advertisement

Why would I be worried if I'm after saying I didn't think he has lost any pace

I think Torres has lost a bit of pace, he still is fast IMO. I wasn't worried about it while he was at Liverpool if i'm being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Are you not worried that Torres has lost a bit of pace?

Pace isnt everything. And he looked all right when he scored that peach of a goal against us at Anfield.
    Thats what we've bought him for. The unpredictability, and the ability to conjure something out of nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pbt20

I think that pace will come back with his passion for the game, he had lost that extra yard when playing for the pool......hopefully. He was like a lost sheep there for a while.

pbt20 wrote: »
    I think that pace will come back with his passion for the game, he had lost that extra yard when playing for the pool......hopefully. He was like a lost sheep there for a while.
    In fairness pace has nothing to do with passion.
    There's no doubt he has bags of talent and can win a game on his own at times.
    But i personally wouldn't relate the pace thing with passion.
    If things don't go his way will he spit the dummy out again or will he knuckle down?
    Nobody knows but its one big risk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Have you a soft spot for chelsea amiable, you seem to like discussing all things chelsea, fair play:D

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Have you a soft spot for chelsea amiable, you seem to like discussing all things chelsea, fair play:D
    Is it against the charter?
    Have i broken any rules being a Liverpool fan and joining the discussion on Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Is it against the charter?
    Have i broken any rules being a Liverpool fan and joining the discussion on Chelsea?

Did he suggest you did?

Lukker- wrote: »
    Did he suggest you did?
    Did i say he did?

Did i say he did?

Why else would you respond to his post with such a statement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Now now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pbt20

Watched a few games where he was up front on his own all the time, and could see his frustration, felt for the guy. I just hope and think that the Chelsea set up will suit him better. 90 mins up front on your own sapps passion.

I know your trying to get a dig in there at Liverpool, not sure why really, but are you saying he'll run faster at Chelsea because of passion?

Thats a ridiculous statement IMO...

Torres is a great pro who always played with passion wheter it was spain/liverpool/athletico contrary to what people may say about him.

90 mins up front on your own sapps passion.

WTF? Its football, not love making :pac:

Watched a few games where he was up front on his own all the time, and could see his frustration, felt for the guy. I just hope and think that the Chelsea set up will suit him better. 90 mins up front on your own sapps passion.
    I don't know about that. He played fine up front for a couple of years on his own at Liverpool so i don't see it as playing on his own.
    Alot of Chelsea fans aren't sure themselves how he will fit into the system.
    Drogba is no spring chicken and i know he's an idol at the bridge but i think his time there is coming to an end.
    All will be revealed soon i guess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well it seems that everyone is wound up and extremely tense already !

Torres is a risk , but he has a proven pedigree although he has not been great for the last while , now the question is was that down to being disillusioned with LFC or has he lost his magic.

Carrol is also a risk , only 6 months premier league football and a bit of a wild one off the pitch.

Suarez is also a risk : mite not adapt to the EPL and the same could be said for Luiz.

If we didn't takes risks in life it would be a very boring life indeed , the same could be said for our football clubs

Well it seems that everyone is wound up and extremely tense already !

Torres is a risk , but he has a proven pedigree although he has not been great for the last while , now the question is was that down to being disillusioned with LFC or has he lost his magic.

Carrol is also a risk , only 6 months premier league football and a bit of a wild one off the pitch.

Suarez is also a risk : mite not adapt to the EPL and the same could be said for Luiz.

If we didn't takes risks in life it would be a very boring life indeed , the same could be said for our football clubs
    Best post of the night imo
    That's why we love this game.
    Wouldn't it be boring if we knew everything that was going to happen?
    Why bother watching the football then if we did.

Wouldn't it be boring if we knew everything that was going to happen?

I'd make a killing off paddy power though :pac:

I'd make a killing off paddy power though :pac:
    But would you be happy?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I know your trying to get a dig in there at Liverpool, not sure why really, but are you saying he'll run faster at Chelsea because of passion?

Thats a ridiculous statement IMO...

Torres is a great pro who always played with passion wheter it was spain/liverpool/athletico contrary to what people may say about him.
    ?
    How in anyway is that a dig are Liverpool?

Soby wrote: »
    ?
    How in anyway is that a dig are Liverpool?

To say Torres had no passion to play for Liverpool is a dig IMO.
    Saying he was a lost sheep at Liverpool is another dig IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

To say Torres had no passion to play for Liverpool is a dig IMO.
    Saying he was a lost sheep at Liverpool is another dig IMO

No passion? Maybe it's fan hyperbole, but he clearly felt less for the club, believed it wasn't progressing, on a downward spiral. Did that affect his performances? Who knows? Hodgson's tactics certainly didn't help, yet still he scored 9 goals.

Lost sheep? Maybe. We have Dalglish though and are trying to build something that I personally think no other club can match. Maybe I'm naive and think Liverpool are above what Chelsea and United have built. IMO, I don't think they get it. I'd see United as a bigger long term threat though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm naive and think Liverpool are above what Chelsea and United have built. IMO, I don't think they get it. I'd see United as a bigger long term threat though.

Utd? funny but I see Utd as in decline! Strange thing to say when they are top of the league, but its only fergies management and the old guard like giggs that's driving them. they have very dodgy owners who are broke and who have just hidden the accounts even more. if ever a squad needed reinvestment its them, berba was the last big purchase and now they spend much smaller amounts on young unproven players. once fergie goes, I think they will find it very tough. man city are the real threat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Nice bit about Ramires here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Hi guys there was a video on here (I think) months ago,
    two bears fighting between chelsea and liverpool, mostly mentioning joe cole,
    it was custom made and their is a site where you can make your own video with them saying whatever you want, does anyone know the link?
    would really apreciate it?

• Advertisement

Hi guys there was a video on here (I think) months ago,
    two bears fighting between chelsea and liverpool, mostly mentioning joe cole,
    it was custom made and their is a site where you can make your own video with them saying whatever you want, does anyone know the link?
    would really apreciate it?

Think this is it.

Sturridge starting for Bolton, looking forward to watching him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Utd? funny but I see Utd as in decline! Strange thing to say when they are top of the league, but its only fergies management and the old guard like giggs that's driving them. they have very dodgy owners who are broke and who have just hidden the accounts even more. if ever a squad needed reinvestment its them, berba was the last big purchase and now they spend much smaller amounts on young unproven players. once fergie goes, I think they will find it very tough. man city are the real threat

I'd hate to be 10 points behind a team in decline.:eek:

Sturridge showing some class there. Pity he couldn't finish it.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'd hate to be 10 points behind a team in decline.:eek:

That could be reduced to 4 points come 7th May!:pac:, then out come the oul prayer books for other results to go our way!:)

Chelsea fans, line up for the game predictions?
    (I can't see that its been announced anywhere, open to correction that it has already been)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

papagormo wrote: »
    That could be reduced to 4 points come 7th May!:pac:, then out come the oul prayer books for other results to go our way!:)

Exactly. Not a bad decline to be in when opposition fans are putting their trust in our lord.:pac:

Another goal for Sturridge. Certainly graspig his chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Delighted! and against the Spuds as well.

Cant wait to hear Wengers post match interview!

Beat the pool tomorrow and upward movement is GO! :D

Sturridge was good today, played in the hole behind Elmander and his link up play was great, reminded me alot of Anelka.

Kakuta didn't get a run out at Fulham, hopefully he can maybe start next week.

papagormo wrote: »

Chelsea fans, line up for the game predictions?
    (I can't see that its been announced anywhere, open to correction that it has already been)

Yesssssssss, get in there Wolves! Looks like your prayers are currently beeing answered, keep at it O' holy one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Yesssssssss, get in there Wolves! Looks like your prayers are currently beeing answered, keep at it O' holy one!

Ah here, you'd think after the Blackpool game we'd have learned a thing or 2 about getting excited at half time :o

Essien wrote: »
    Ah here, you'd think after the Blackpool game we'd have learned a thing or 2 about getting excited at half time :o

True, but Giggs came on and changed that game. They still have Chico to bring on though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Utd will win 2-3, its guaranteed, IT WILL HAPPEN.

Essien wrote: »

Thats it, I cant watch it. I'll jinx it
    Changing the channel and staying off the computer till its over. :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement