Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

27 minutes of injury time to be added on at Molineux....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

5 mins injury time, no surprise there!

FT wolves 2 - 1 Man United

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Yes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Woop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Brilliant results today for us though everything is still dependent on Chelsea beating liverpool tomorrow and man utd twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Celebrate all ye want now lads, get the fook in Wolves!

Raedwald wrote: »
    Brilliant results today for us though everything is still dependent on Chelsea beating liverpool tomorrow and man utd twice.

We have Torres!!!!

United have to play us (A), Liverpool (A) and City (H) in 3 of their next 4 games. Fwiw the other one is Wigan (A).
    Plenty of opportunities for them to drop points there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

yes lte just forget about united now, we carry on winning and before we know it we have caught up on the goal difference and are looking behind at them, the only thing scary about them is the belief that they will continue to realise undeserved wins/ start magically playing in the second half of the season as they always do, neither are rational.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

the_monkey wrote: »
    FT wolves 2 - 1 Man United

No Fooking way! OMG OMG OMG

We HAVE to win tomorrow now

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

papagormo wrote: »
    Think this is it.
    There was the Arsenal one as well. More More!!

Essien wrote: »
    United have to play us (A), Liverpool (A) and City (H) in 3 of their next 4 games. Fwiw the other one is Wigan (A).
    Plenty of opportunities for them to drop points there.

To add to this, United have only got 17 points out of 36 available away in the league this season. If they keep this up we could be still in with a shot, also, add Arsenal to that list of away games nearer the end of the season.

Having said that, there's fuck all room for us to drop any points between now and May, we need to concentrate and stop giving away points on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Good day of results for yas. If ya get a win tomorrow you are firmly back in the title race. Could be a very exciting and close end of season.

Good day of results for yas. If ya get a win tomorrow you are firmly back in the title race. Could be a very exciting and close end of season.

There I was giving out about a late winner for Spurs, I never even considered we'd have a chance to make up ground on the lads at the top this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

There I was giving out about a late winner for Spurs, I never even considered we'd have a chance to make up ground on the lads at the top this weekend.

lurkin again , love these last minute winners essien

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

flahavaj wrote: »
    Exactly. Not a bad decline to be in when opposition fans are putting their trust in our lord.:pac:

Ah yano what they say Flah..
    (full premission to rub face in it tomorrow should the worst happen from a Chelsea point of view!)
    ..but for now...

:pac::D:pac:

BERBA wrote: »
    lurkin again , love these last minute winners essien

Ya left out the rolleyes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Good results for us today.

Luiz rocking the Christmas jumper.

0,,10268~9389182,00.jpg

Johner wrote: »
    Good results for us today.

0,,10268%7E9389182,00.jpg

As long as he defends like a boss I'll forgive him for looking like a Jonas Brother

• Advertisement

No Fooking way! OMG OMG OMG

We HAVE to win tomorrow now

nice eh ! :) , Indeed 3 pts an absolute MUST for tomorrow, but feeling confident after the performance at the 4-2 win over Sunderland, also the small matter of some new Spanish lad that will be playing tomorrow, just to give us a little bit extra ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Just thought id leave these here!suarezwerewolf.jpg

torresw.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Johner wrote: »

One of the differences between costing 2m and 20m is not having to impress by wearing your best suit...:pac:

Right I'm going for a 2-0 win for Chelsea. I'm confident we can do the business today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

2-1 I'm going reckon we'll go 2-0 up, they'll get a goal back and will be a nervy finish.

Torres starts, Luiz on the bench

Torres starts, Luiz on the bench

Nice, I actually expected Torres on the bench with Luiz not in the squad. I thought he had a heap of traveling to do this week and wouldn't be 100%

Would have rathered Ramieres in instead of Essien or Mikel - hoping he's on the bench should we need an injection of pace. Fingers crossed, there's a big performance coming!!

Not on the bench - take it he's injured. Pity - hope its nothing major. Remember Mikel hobbled off midweek as well - so he might not be 100%, and Franks under par - so I hope we've got enough energy in there against a team of inferior quality - but sure to be fired up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

This has the nerves of a cup final to me.Cant wait :D

• Advertisement

Well that was atrocious. We spent the afternoon looking at pretty much the entire Liverpool team in front of our midfield and had absolutely no way to cambat it, can't have any complaints imo.

Pathetic. Clueless.

Pathetic. Clueless.

We were poor, but I genuinely think any team in the world would have struggled to break down Liverpool today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

All bout getting Champions league football next season and changleing for the said trophy.League gone for us.May aswell have been a 5-5-0 formation today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I think some of you guys are being too harsh on your own team. Essien is spot on, imho anyway, in saying that Liverpool today would have been hard to break down for any team.

Obviously as a Liverpool supporter I am delighted with the result, but you guys won't meet a team every week who can stifle a game as well as we did today.

Torres will come good for Chelsea, I have no doubt in that, and him coming off today was a blessing as he has been poor many times for Liverpool but still managed a late game changing goal. So him coming off was met with a sigh of relief from me.

The league is probably gone for Chelsea, although United have a few tricky games to come including us at Anfield, you guys twice, City, and away to Arsenal, so they could drop a fair few points if a few of those games go against them. If Chelsea beat them home and away, then who knows what could happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

papagormo wrote: »
    Ah yano what they say Flah..
    (full premission to rub face in it tomorrow should the worst happen from a Chelsea point of view!)
    ..but for now...

:pac::D:pac:

Where's your prayerbook?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Tbf lads even barca would have struggled to score against pool today, they wee very negative and it spoilt the game for neutrals, but fair play to pool.
    From a chelsea perspective the game should have ended 0-0 but we made a poor defensive mistake which was the difference in the end. Lamps was awful today.
    Very angry we did'nt get the penalty from johnson, clear peno. AS i have been saying for about a month now I don't think we are in the title race but we are in a fight for top 4.

They were awful today, was clear from the outset that the diamond wasn't going to work at all. We played straight into 'Pools 5 man defence. Good finish from Meiriles. We should have 2 pens, but thats football, no complaints.

IMO Carlo went for the Hollywood line-up with the 3 boys up front and with such a light midfield, the service was poor. Looked much better when Flo and Kalou came on.

That for me is the nail in the coffin for the diamond, it just won't work with the current set of players.

Lukker- wrote: »
    IMO Carlo went for the Hollywood line-up with the 3 boys up front and with such a light midfield, the service was poor. Looked much better when Flo and Kalou came on.

My heart loved the idea of Torres - Anelka - Drogba up front but it just wasn't the right thing to do. I can't see why we didn't stick with the team that beat Sunderland? Even when Luiz came on I couldn't help but get the feeling that somebody wanted to "show off" our new signings.

• Advertisement

My heart loved the idea of Torres - Anelka - Drogba up front but it just wasn't the right thing to do. I can't see why we didn't stick with the team that beat Sunderland? Even when Luiz came on I couldn't help but get the feeling that somebody wanted to "show off" our new signings.

I agreed with the Luiz subbing, Brana was having a stinker at CB, shoulf have easily cleared the ball that led to the Meireles goal.

I agree, it was obvious from the formation how liverpool were going to play and we needed to be more solid in midfield. If we had started with 4-3-3 I genuinely think it would have been very very different. Ramire should play instead of mikel IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Essien should be dropped simple as that giving the ball away far too easily. where was ramieres?
    We hardly had a sniff in the second half.
    The only bright spot was Luiz.

Luiz has incredible pace, showed in patches today. He was good today alright.
    Torres was 'meh', the occasion seemed to get to him and he had no space to play.

next game we should go with

cech
    ivan
    luiz
    terry
    cole
    essien

ramires----lamps

torres
    malouda--
    drogba

xmas tree style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The Blues always have a great way of kicking you in the nuts when things are looking positive again, its a knack they picked up over many years of crapness.

Still, thats part of the charm and the reason we love them I suppose, now, off to drown my sorrows some more.

• Advertisement

Disgusted, had to listen to 60 odd Pool supporters shouting in my face. Just didn't create any chances. We were too afraid to go for it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well that was so bad from us it was terrible to watch , The pre game atmosphere was all but gone from the crowd after 15 minutes.

We were so bad I cant get my head around it , although credit must go to Liverpool , it was an organized and well balanced performance from them and they deserved the points .

I can only recall Pepe making one save.

Lampard was Terrible for the goal , Cech was muck too, Boswinga was muck, Lampard gave Stevie G so much space that you could just see it coming ,

The passing from the team from Top to bottom was a disgrace, a utter disgrace !

Although everyone (myself included ) wanted to see Nando start, the occasion got the better of him, he was bullied off the ball and looked scared when he went in for a challenge. A 20 minutes cameo near the end would of been much better for him.

The team as a whole looked completely unbalanced .

Luiz was great when he came on.

Thats what I love about being a Chelsea fan, its a dam good rollercoaster ride and you never know what to expect next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Thought Anelka was the danger man today and ball should have played through to him.

Essien was very poor, kept running into 3 liverpool players and lost the ball far too easy.

Ramires should have played with Malouda from the start and Torres brought on at 60 to 65 minutes like Liuz to fed into the game. Shows the desparation tactics really.

Didn't need the Cech - Ivanovic spat but Ivan did get in the bloody way and did lead to the goal.

Liuz fell in great, intercepted liverpool play easily and unlike the rest of defence was where he was supposed to be or we would have had a second goal against us.

Luiz looked awesome when he came on. My poll friends were saying he was the best Chelsea player all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Why oh why did he start Torres?
    I have to do the "walk of shame" at work tomorrow now past the 3 Liverpool amigos! :eek:

Oh well thats football I suppose. Bloody spurs breathing down our necks now as well

And it was all going so well, the week just needed to end with a win

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement