Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Lads I'm amazed that no one has mentioned or suggested Lampard should be dropped .

He was useless today .

I'm delighted for Liverpool but will say one thing , Torres will come good , he's class .

You couldn't really pick a harder debut...
    Your now the most expensive player in club and country , playing against your previous club after leaving in not the best of terms .

He is not worth €50million but who is ?
    That's what the market says , that's the prices that are paid .
    He will get you'd a bag of goals and that's all that matters.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

mixednuts wrote: »
    Lads I'm amazed that not no one has mentioned or suggested Lampard should be dropped .

He was useless today .

I'm delighted for Liverpool but will say one thing , Torres will come good , he's class .

Your now the most expensive player in club and country , playing against your previous club after leaving in not the best of terms .

M

Tbh, it's our over reliance on the old system.

All our central players were ****e, because with the diamond you need players who are comfortable playing out wide aswell as in the middle, which is why Essien and Lampard were crap today. Anelka was probably our best midfielder :rolleyes:

We'll switch back to something more similiar for the next game and Torres and Drog will just have to switch it up. We badly missed Maloudas width today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

mixednuts wrote: »
    Lads I'm amazed that no one has mentioned or suggested Lampard should be dropped .

He was useless today .

M

It's not just Lampard. Essiens passing was disgraceful today, as it has been for the last while. I really thought we would play with confidence today after recent results. It's shocking, I'm gutted about losing to an average Liverpool team. And that's what it was. If they had played well then fair enough, but Liverpool weren't great by any means. Today was our day to get back in the title race. The league is gone now. Top 4 and a good run in the cups is all we can hope for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Gutted
    pissed off

FÚCKING SHÏT!!!!

Not even gonna look in the match thread or the scouse thread, gutted-
    but again can't complain - We were fúcking GASH today !!!

Liverpool took their lucky chance, paid off, can't bear all the scousers going on how this is them coming back - yeah thats right Liverpool
    you are guaranteed a top 4 finish and you'll win the league next year - guaranteed :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

F*CK OFF!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

It's not just Lampard. Essiens passing was disgraceful today, as it has been for the last while. I really thought we would play with confidence today after recent results. It's shocking, I'm gutted about losing to an average Liverpool team. And that's what it was. If they had played well then fair enough, but Liverpool weren't great by any means. Today was our day to get back in the title race. The league is gone now. Top 4 and a good run in the cups is all we can hope for.

I'm afraid we will disagree with Liverpool been "average" today .
    The zonal marking that Kenny has us doing is working .
    It smoothering out the supply to the front men of Chelsea , it's not nice to look at , but was very effective today.

I wouldn't start with 3 up front .

I would leave Drogba and Torres up front and put the extra man in CM .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Oh I'm not taking anything away form Liverpools performance. Ye deserved your win. But it was an average Liverpool side which we should have beaten if we had any title aspirations.
    Anelka in the hole will be pivotal in many games this season.

Delighted with Luiz though. Slotted in impeccably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Oh I'm not taking anything away form Liverpools performance. Ye deserved your win. But it was an average Liverpool side which we should have beaten if we had any title aspirations.

on todays performance chelsea should concentrate on securing TOP 4 spot rather than still thinking they can win the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

BERBA wrote: »
    on todays performance chelsea should concentrate on securing TOP 4 spot rather than still thinking they can win the league
    Thats the point, chelsea are clearly out of the title race and have been for some time.

btw are you a spurs or utd fan or both.

Did anyone else think dogleish was a bit disrespectful in his celebration of lpool goal, he ran right across the chelsea dugout beside ancellotti. I thought that lacked respect and I expected more from someone like dagleish who I thought would have some class, obviously not.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Did anyone else think dogleish was a bit disrespectful in his celebration of lpool goal, he ran right across the chelsea dugout beside ancellotti. I thought that lacked respect and I expected more from someone like dagleish who I thought would have some class, obviously not.

Of course not !! I wasn't surprised, what do you expect from a f*cking bindipper - he probably mugged a granny on the way to the game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

As mentioned, diamond system doesn't suit Chelsea since the squad doesn't have the calibre of player to play at the head of it - felt sorry for Anelka who was shunted there to accommodate Torres - it really doesn't suit him. I'm surprised Ancelotti didn't revert to 4-3-3 much sooner - its not rocket science. He could've seriously overloaded Liverpool's wingbacks by doubling up on the wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

the_monkey wrote: »
    Of course not !! I wasn't surprised, what do you expect from a f*cking bindipper - he probably mugged a granny on the way to the game...

Bad comment on your part friend.
    Care to comment on the combat 18 flags apparent at the Bridge today.
    That should be of more concern to decent folk that whether the King ran across the Chelsea dugout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I think you are being disrespectful to Dalglish TBH
    I didn't hear Carlo complaining.
    Drop the sour grapes please.

amiable wrote: »

Piss off please

Piss off please
    Why?

Piss off please
    Oh be nice:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Liverpool took their lucky chance, paid off, can't bear all the scousers going on how this is them coming back - yeah thats right Liverpool
    you are guaranteed a top 4 finish and you'll win the league next year - guaranteed :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

F*CK OFF!!!

Your an angry, sad little man arent you
    All that Russian money cant buy class obviously :pac:

Joke of a club

Bah, no apologies for that ... sour grapes indeed on my part , just still frustrated.

Can't complain about today, we were sh*t ..

and now very despressingly its a very real possibility we won't even finish in the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

yep!

and now very despressingly its a very real possibility we won't even finish in the top 4.

hope your right monkey , be nice alright to see us finish 4th

Joke of a club

Id say you lot would do anyting for a PL title, or will you still keep singing about your history that no one gives a sh*t about ??

BERBA wrote: »
    hope your right monkey , be nice alright to see us finish 4th

well rather you then the bindippers

well rather you then the bindippers

no worries there , they are too far back , they relying on both of us to slip up , that aint gonna happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

See you in the Europa League next season lads?

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »

Oh yes !!! Im looking forward to that, when we aren't in CL football,
    RA leaves, Ancelotti leaves, We'll be massively in debt .... oh brilliant

happy ****ing days to be a CFC fan, ..... relagated in the 2013 season....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Classic monkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

monkeys on fire tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dont get cocky its games like this one that might cost you 4th place, LFC won't get any higher than 5th so I'd nearly be tempted to bet on Liverpool and Chelsea meeting on a wet Thursday evening on Channel 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Oh yes !!! Im looking forward to that, when we aren't in CL football,
    RA leaves, Ancelotti leaves, We'll be massively in debt .... oh brilliant

happy ****ing days to be a CFC fan, ..... relagated in the 2013 season....
    Hey stop robbing all the optimism from the thread and share it with the rest of us

• Advertisement

8 days till our next game aswell, bad thing really, we need to get out asap
    after a bad result like this ...

Why are you mocking yourself then, liverpool are in the europa league and will be next season. Incredible stuff from a liverpool fan, says it all really, you are happy to mock your own club in order to have a dig at chelsea.:rolleyes:

amiable wrote: »

Just my opinion, no sour grapes, liverpool completely deserved to win today. Just thought he would be more respectful in the liverpool traditions. Can you imagine if ancelotti or ferguson celebrated against liverpool by running across the oponents dugout, would not go down well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

8 days till our next game aswell, bad thing really, we need to get out asap
    after a bad result like this ...

Disagree there Monkey, 8 days to get our **** together and work Torres into the team.

Except there's pointless internationals.

Today was a one off day, all the hype etc, it was either going to happen or fail spectacularly. Better than being well beaten by Sunderland 3-0.
    Luiz looked class, he will start and Ivan will move to the position he won the award for.

We've got that game out of the way now, look to the future.

Just my opinion, no sour grapes, liverpool completely deserved to win today. Just thought he would be more respectful in the liverpool traditions. Can you imagine if ancelotti or ferguson celebrated against liverpool by running across the oponents dugout, would not go down well.

Well, I don't think stealing a car and joyriding it across the pitch would have been appropriate either - but yeah pretty low stuff from "king kenny"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

A club who won virtually nothing in history before a billionaire showed up
    Like I said ;)

Like I said ;)

What are you talking about, is that your random comment for the day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Dont get cocky its games like this one that might cost you 4th place, LFC won't get any higher than 5th so I'd nearly be tempted to bet on Liverpool and Chelsea meeting on a wet Thursday evening on Channel 5.

Europa League is all yours Mike,

We eat at the top table these days , today you got some scraps from the table , enjoy your moment , Its well deserved

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

That should be of more concern to decent folk that whether the King ran across the Chelsea dugout.

All I will say to that is that there were no Chelsea Fans throwing things onto the pitch,

There was a point in the first half and you could see objects raining down onto the players when Chelsea had a corner, bloody disgraceful, hope they all get done on video.

Kenny didnt disrespect anyone , it was a huge game for the Club and he celebrated with a bit of passion , I see no problem in that what so ever.

Like I said ;)

Look this history rubbish keeps coming up ,

Liverpool were the Team of an Era , that era is long gone now , this is the reason there is so many Liverpool in Ireland .

Here is the way I see it and its usually the case :

The old man supports the pool back in the day , there cleaning up wining everything , he has kids , the kids are brought up a pool supporters as are there kids and thus they have a huge fan base, and since they dont have many recent accolades everyone bangs on about past glorys cause that is all they have now ( This is not a dig ) I know you won the Champions League bar that I do believe our recent History is far superior.

Same goes for Man U too,

My old man supports Chelsea as do I now , and we are now creating our history , If everyone just supported the same old guard with history we would all end up supporting the same few clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jaysus lads, that's petty. Dalglish celebrates like that because the job means so much too him, it's more than a job. It's a rather child like enthusiasm great for Liverpool fans to see. I don't think Ancelotti was bothered by it at all.

Non issue IMO.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Like I said ;)

And now you are covering yourselves in glory, arguing amongst yourselves in the match thread about an ex-manager, when you should be celebrating!
    Jesusssss, it really is true, put a scouser in a phone box and he really will start an argument with himself!

Add to that, the nasty clips posted of Torres getting elbowed and you fans really are something to admire with all your "history".

Take your cheap unoriginal and unfactual jibes elsewhere, you sound like a 12 year old who's mummy let him stay up too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

God forbid a new manager at a club celebrates a possible winning goal at the home of the champions . You obviously have forgotten Mourinho's performances at Anfield down through the years . Disrespectful indeed......

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

I'd say the flag-bearers were the same Chelsea fans who caused Heysel. DONT try that one sunshine.
    WHAT ABOUT the coins thrown at Chelsea players while taking corner kick?
    WHAT ABOUT the classy fans spitting at the elderly Chelsea Pensioners after the game?
    Lets stop the delusion here Liverpool fans. You won the game, we let ourselves down on the pitch - but sometimes thats not all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Europa League is all yours Mike,

We eat at the top table these days , today you got some scraps from the table , enjoy your moment , Its well deserved

Are you and Berba the same person? Very odd that you both used that same comment about eating at the top table, and about others getting scraps from it.

It's not as though it is a very common thing to say about footy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'd say the flag-bearers were the same Chelsea fans who caused Heysel. DONT try that one sunshine.
    WHAT ABOUT the coins thrown at Chelsea players while taking corner kick?
    WHAT ABOUT the classy fans spitting at the elderly Chelsea Pensioners after the game?
    Lets stop the delusion here Liverpool fans. You won the game, we let ourselves down on the pitch - but sometimes thats not all that matters.

Ah now cop on. Someone is obviously trying to rile you up and your falling for it but dragging out Heysel does not score you any points.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Are you and Berba the same person? Very odd that you both used that same comment about eating at the top table, and about others getting scraps from it.

It's not as though it is a very common thing to say about footy.

No not at all , were not even near being on the same page , just having a bit of jest with Mike thats all.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Ah now cop on. Someone is obviously trying to rile you up and your falling for it but dragging out Heysel does not score you any points.
    Liverpool fans that tried to involve Chelsea in that dark night in your history. Combat 18 are History at Chelsea - we've all got our skeletons. Where is the evidence of these flags?

All I will say to that is that there were no Chelsea Fans throwing things onto the pitch,

There was a point in the first half and you could see objects raining down onto the players when Chelsea had a corner, bloody disgraceful, hope they all get done on video.

Kenny didnt disrespect anyone , it was a huge game for the Club and he celebrated with a bit of passion , I see no problem in that what so ever.

Listen I have no problem at all with him celebrating but he did'nt have to run throught the chelsea dugout rubbing it in their faces, thats all. He rightly should celebrate all he wants but I just thought it was out of order, maybe he just got carried away, then fair enough.

• Advertisement

So expect the Touchline ban that the outrage earnt for Mourinho. I dont think so!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement