Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

All I will say to that is that there were no Chelsea Fans throwing things onto the pitch,

There was a point in the first half and you could see objects raining down onto the players when Chelsea had a corner, bloody disgraceful, hope they all get done on video.Kenny didnt disrespect anyone , it was a huge game for the Club and he celebrated with a bit of passion , I see no problem in that what so ever.

If that is correct, then I agree with you and hope that anyone caught on video is done for it.

I did not notice it myself whilst watching the game, but I watched it on a crappy stream so pic quality was pretty poor.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Listen I have no problem at all with him celebrating but he did'nt have to run throught the chelsea dugout rubbing it in their faces, thats all. He rightly should celebrate all he wants but I just thought it was out of order, maybe he just got carried away, then fair enough.

I didnt see any malice in it , just got caught up in the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Kess73 wrote: »
    If that is correct, then I agree with you and hope that anyone caught on video is done for it.

I did not notice it myself whilst watching the game, but I watched it on a crappy stream so pic quality was pretty poor.

I think the ref talked with the linesman about so it will probably be in the match report, not that they will do anything about it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Yeah the ref even took some in his hand and gave them to the 4th official

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Doesn't all this match related discussion belong in the match thread ??

This is for the discussion of Chelsea and it's imminent downfall...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

the_monkey wrote: »
    Doesn't all this match related discussion belong in the match thread ??

This is for the discussion of Chelsea and it's imminent downfall...

Have a banana and chill.:P I said on here straight after the game that I thought many Chelsea fans were being too harsh on their own team. You lost today against a Liverpool team that would have been hard for any team to break down.

I still think, like I did earlier, that the title is gone for Chelsea, but with United having to play you guys twice, Liverpool and Arsenal away as well as a game against City, then who knows what would happen if they lost a few games, especially the two against Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Are you and Berba the same person? Very odd that you both used that same comment about eating at the top table, and about others getting scraps from it.

It's not as though it is a very common thing to say about footy.

I wouldn't say that to my worst enemy... shame on you :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Liverpool fans that tried to involve Chelsea in that dark night in your history. Combat 18 are History at Chelsea - we've all got our skeletons. Where is the evidence of these flags?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR03rn4cpi_ri415sKkMolNpEHYccfXQgKs_0ZynwtbX7qoEgEuv6kx3qKY

Not this flag exactly - combat 18 wasn't written on the flag I saw today.
    But the symbol on the bottom right was there behind the goal Chelsea were attacking in the first half.
    Run it back on Sky if you want.

But the symbol on the bottom right was there behind the goal Chelsea were attacking in the first half.

Ah now that just silly, you seen a flag that didnt have combat 18 on it and say its a combat 18 flag LMAO!!!

You see them types of flags (st georges cross with union jack in top corner) at pretty much every game in england, i must admit it was a good attempt to rile people up though

Well all sets of fans have there arseholes including liverpool as has been discussed earlier in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

LOL LOL ... he's had 45 mins and produces this damning evidence.

Ah now that just silly, you seen a flag that didnt have combat 18 on it and say its a combat 18 flag LMAO!!!

You see them types of flags (st georges cross with union jack in top corner) at pretty much every game in england, i must admit it was a good attempt to rile people up though

The symbol is the key my friend.
    The union flag is flown at all clubs in England no problem.
    Chelsea remains the only ground to this day in the PL with combat 18 icons.
    A minority I accept but present none the less.

LOL LOL ... he's had 45 mins and produces this damning evidence.

Well do you want me to buy you a subscription to Sky? :D

Ah now.... sky rewinds for a max of 30 minutes, and i dont think too many people record full games so that statement is pretty silly.....

I do have MOTD taped though so to humor you, well to hopefully prove you wrong i will watch the first half and see if i can spot it.

P.S. your interrupting my superbowl watching so it better be there :pac:

The symbol is the key my friend.
    The union flag is flown at all clubs in England no problem.
    Chelsea remains the only ground to this day in the PL with combat 18 icons.
    A minority I accept but present none the less.

I ve been over to countless games and never seen this flag you speak off ,

Even if there was C18 that would not be advertising it as the club are very strict these days on this type of stuff

I'm quite capable of paying for my own. Not going to sit through that match again looking out for your skull and crossbones though! I'll see highlights and analysis again tomorrow on Chelsea TV and will watch out for any goose-stepping or anything else sinister.:rolleyes:

Ah now.... sky rewinds for a max of 30 minutes, and i dont think too many people record full games so that statement is pretty silly.....

I do have MOTD taped though so to humor you, well to hopefully prove you wrong i will watch the first half and see if i can spot it.

P.S. your interrupting my superbowl watching so it better be there :pac:

Above the goal on the right hand side. Touchdown Packers.

I'm quite capable of paying for my own. Not going to sit through that match again looking out for your skull and crossbones though! I'll see highlights and analysis again tomorrow on Chelsea TV and will watch out for any goose-stepping or anything else sinister.:rolleyes:

[Embedded Image Removed]

You'd never see that at the Bridge!!:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Welcome lads to the ugly side of Fernando Torres. Not a man to depend on when the chips are down and the team is not playing well.

Above the goal on the right hand side. Touchdown Packers.

ah feck you i missed it....

Anyways couldn't see anything in the first half, skifted though it there, anyways enough off topicness off to the superbowl thread for a while at least the team i support (semi support) have scored today :(

• Advertisement

[Embedded Image Removed]

The image of the girl is photoshoped or she has got a dam good set of masculine arms !

We could trwal through the net and find pics of what ever you wanted to see opposing fans do ,

If this fella actually done that at the ground , he would be thrown straight out the door and if he was not caught he would of been banned by video, simple as .

CFC do not tolerate racism in any shape , form or factor and you threading on dangerous ground implying that .

Welcome lads to the ugly side of Fernando Torres. Not a man to depend on when the chips are down and the team is not playing well.

His first game and against his former club , he should not of started simple as , plus we need to work a system that we can fit him into.

He will be a man to depend on for many a year to come , 5 and half of them actually

He can keep the ugly side, as long as he keeps up his goals to minute ratio at chelsea I'll be very happy. Also, I guarantee not too many other teams will play a 5-4-1 formation as well as liverpool.

[Embedded Image Removed]

Lets all go dig out some sun newspaper headlines shall we :rolleyes:

Now your just trolling, and again trying to rile people up!

CFC do not tolerate racism in any shape , form or factor and you threading on dangerous ground implying that .

Of course CFC does not tolerate any racism and I accept that.
    Having a bit of fun with that photo.
    But I maintain my point on the C18 symbol.
    That upper tier in the centre at that end is always covered in flags.
    One or more has those symbols.

Theres no skull on either of those 2 union jacks - but what I HAVE spotted is a 'Germany Chelsea' oooooooooooo. Listen - Its a non-story, haven't you had enough fun for one day. I'm off to bed. Happy Monday to you Happy Monday!!

And now you are covering yourselves in glory, arguing amongst yourselves in the match thread about an ex-manager, when you should be celebrating!
    Jesusssss, it really is true, put a scouser in a phone box and he really will start an argument with himself!

Add to that, the nasty clips posted of Torres getting elbowed and you fans really are something to admire with all your "history".

Take your cheap unoriginal and unfactual jibes elsewhere, you sound like a 12 year old who's mummy let him stay up too long

Take your history of no champions leagues and loads of league titles and plastic flags and bandwagon fans and shove it your unionist club following hole!

A scummy club with plastic sheep following fans,dont understand how any Irish person could support them!

Bet you get a great reception around the ground.

Take your history of no champions leagues and loads of league titles and plastic flags and bandwagon fans and shove it your unionist club following hole!

A scummy club with plastic sheep following fans,dont understand how any Irish person could support them!

That is an epic statement from a liverpool fan, liverpool is the biggest herd of them all, a good majority of the fans just jump on the bandwagon and in case you were unaware that liverpool is a british club so why the fook does anyone support em.How could a irish person support them?
    As for chelsea being a summy club, well thats rich considering liverpool seem to collect scumbags as fans. How many tracksuit wearing scangers do you see with liverpool jerseys. Liverpool seems to attract these for some reasons. Take your crock of ****e somewhere else.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Of course CFC does not tolerate any racism and I accept that.
    Having a bit of fun with that photo.
    But I maintain my point on the C18 symbol.
    That upper tier in the center at that end is always covered in flags.
    One or more has those symbols.
    Of all the matches to be broadcast live.All the tv cameras there,and the photographers and all the fans with phones and cameras i cant find one single picture on the internet?

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    That is an epic statement from a liverpool fan, liverpool is the biggest herd of them all, a good majority of the fans just jump on the bandwagon and in case you were unaware that liverpool is a british club so why the fook does anyone support em.How could a irish person support them?
    As for chelsea being a summy club, well thats rich considering liverpool seem to collect scumbags as fans. How many tracksuit wearing scangers do you see with liverpool jerseys. Liverpool seems to attract these for some reasons. Take your crock of ****e somewhere else.:rolleyes:

Yeah,I support Liverpool because they win loads of trophys alright,I am a sheep folowing the trophy herd!

Chelsea are a unionist anti semite scum filled club with sectarian fans that associate themselves with rangers et al.
    My friends dont support Liverpool so its not only my view but a common question towards our single chelsea supporting friend is how he supports a club whos fans are clearly anti Irish and rascist.

chelsea_loyal_flagsmall.jpg

british_alliance_calling_card__linfield_rangers___chelsea_.jpg

112801551a112832503b336225523l.jpg

CFC_LOYAL_FLAG_SM.JPG

semi_2007_blur.JPG

Chelsea_Loyal_2_FlagSM_.jpg

chelsealoyal.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

There was an article on Chelsea and its battle to get rid of that element from the club back in October, was a good read, little controversial possibly

here ya go
    Saturday, October 9th, 2010 | Posted by Sanish Fernandez
    Chelsea FC And The Enemy Within

It is a stark reminder of a bygone era, and yet it continues to rear its head even today in the Premier League. While football leagues around the world continue to tackle racism in its myriad forms, with acceptable degrees of success – the Premier League is reeling under revelations that a strong under-current of anti-Semitism exists and, worse still, is being overlooked. Incredibly virulent and posing a threat infinitely more serious than mere prejudice, anti-Semitism rakes up some of the darkest chapters in European history and dealing with it is often a matter of uneasiness, be it in politics or in sports.

Chelsea FC’s rapid ascent to the top bracket of the Premier League standings in the past decade has meant the West Londoners have not had the time, or the resources, to deal with the skeletons in the closet before the spotlight inevitably turned on them. What has emerged from behind the tales of glory, the silverware and the paper streamers, is a sordid tale of one club’s struggle to root out a fringe brigade comprising hardened anti-Semites from within the ranks of its own fans.

As a London club, Chelsea supporters often view West Ham, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur as some of their club’s biggest rivals. West Ham and Chelsea are linked primarily through the transfer of Frank Lampard, a move that has earned him the eternal ire of the former’s supporters. Arsenal’s legions of supporters see Chelsea’s True Blues as recent usurpers of the London legacy. Chelsea fans have also had their run-ins with Queens Park Rangers, Fulham and Leeds. But it is Chelsea’s rivalry with cross-town club Tottenham Hotspur that takes the cake. Much of the rivalry is good natured, ranging from the downright hilarious to the painfully repetitive. There are strong familial and friendly links between the players of both sides – good ol’ Harry Redknapp is Frank Lampard’s uncle, and gangly Peter Crouch has been on record of professing his support for Chelsea, as a fan. So the unlikely rivalry between the two sides, may seem a tad out of place.

Ties that bind : Frankie, Hotspurs and West Ham

Geography may have played its part – Tottenham derives its support from boroughs that are diametrically opposite to those that furbish Chelsea with its hordes. Envy may also play its part- Tottenham fans may see themselves as being unlucky to have not been at the receiving end of Roman Abramovich’s largesse, as the North London club was allegedly one of the sides the Russian sent feelers out to. The Hotspurs could be forgiven for seeing themselves as Arsenal’s biggest rivals in the capital, till the Roman Renaissance catapulted Chelsea back into the big leagues. The societal class divide may play its part – Chelsea fans tend to hail from the richer, well-to-do neighborhoods of West London and are known to see the Stamford Bridge experience as “Lording it for a day”. The fact that hooligans exist on both sides, also adds to the hues of rivalry between the two sides.

Tottenham Hotspur fans are known to despise the head-to-head advantage Chelsea have over them. Chelsea fans shudder when anyone harks back to the FA Cup final in 1967, at Wembley London, in what is referred to as the Cockney-Cup final. The Spurs ended the game beating the Blues 2-1, leading 2-0 for most of the game till Bobby Tambling pulled one back for the West London side. To add insult to the injury they had done it with Chelsea’s former young gun Jimmy Greaves in their ranks. The Blues, wrecked by infighting, were finally undone in 1975 when they were relegated from top-flight football thanks to a 2-0 defeat courtesy the Spurs. While it does seem foolhardy to expect a favor from one’s chief rivals, to most Chelsea fans losing to Hotspur was a sucker-punch. In his official biography of Chelsea FC, Rick Glanvill notes that the general consensus among Blues was that a Spur was the only person on earth who would truly kick a person, when the latter was down.

There is however another aspect to the rivalry that lends an uglier dimension to the whole experience. Tottenham are a club with a strong Jewish presence, and have been at the receiving end of anti-Semitic taunts for several decades now. Their supporters in an act akin to rallying around the flag began to flaunt their club’s Jewish character with pride, irrespective of their ethnicity. Referring to themselves as the “Yid Army”, Tottenham Hotspur supporters inadvertently laid the foundation for racism to enter mainstream English football.

With Tottenham openly referring to themselves as Yids in 1936, any qualms rival supporters may have had about using the term in public seemingly vanished overnight. For supporters of West Ham, Arsenal and Chelsea FC, it had become acceptable to hurl choicest invectives at the “Yid Army” – even if racism wasn’t the actual motive. This seemingly innocuous use of a racist term and the nodding acceptance it received paved the way for all hell to break lose.

Spurred On : We yid it

The recipe may have been brought to a boil then, but the individual ingredients had simmered for decades. Tiny, but vociferous, sections of Chelsea FC’s support had long been accused of harboring pro-Fascist sympathies around the turn of the World War. None of this ever constituted club policy, or even made it to mainstream fan sentiment. However, the tag has lived on and gained notoriety in recent times when BBC correspondent Donal MacIntyre infiltrated the Chelsea Headhunters, and displayed evidence that purported to show links to a Neo-Nazi group Combat 18. The prosecutions notwithstanding, he and his wife were targeted in a revenge attack.

Naturally, attention has been drawn to the possibility that closet-Fascist sympathizers may use the relaxed restrictions over use of Jewish references, to their advantage. Chelsea’s official biography notes how some of Chelsea’s own fans were horrified to discover fringe elements make hissing sounds to mimic the sound of gas chambers used in Auschwitz and elsewhere to slaughters Jews en masse. West Ham and Arsenal fans, too joined in, and it is hard to say who initiated the whole affair. If reports are to be believed, even Avram Grant was subject to racist taunts and death threats during his time at Chelsea FC, and after his departure to Portsmouth and West Ham. Israeli international Yossi Benayoun, currently plying his trade with Chelsea, was also at the receiving end of chants “Yiddo” from his own supporters. The anti-Semitic behavior has since widened to include chants like “Spurs are headed to Belsen”, and allegedly at one point, singing songs glorifying Hitler. The situation has gotten so bad, that even relatively harmless gestures wherein supporters of a side go “Shhh” in a bid to silence their rivals, are now being viewed with suspicion. The powers-that-be at Chelsea FC have stepped up admirably and have promised to ban any supporter found engaging in such behavior. By putting aside any pretensions of behind-the-scenes action, and taking on this menace within head-on, the West London club are hoping to break with the past once and for all.

No other club has a greater moral responsibility or a greater calling to fight anti-Semitism, than Chelsea does. The champions are, after all, a club owned by a Russian Jew, with prominent men of Jewish origin amongst its board, and in the team. But most importantly, because of the club’s shared history with its original mascots – The Chelsea Pensioners, those brave men who fought in World War 2 to save Jews and others from a terrible fate.

Chelsea FC owes it to them, more than to anyone else.

Yeah,I support Liverpool because they win loads of trophys alright,I am a sheep folowing the trophy herd!

Chelsea are a unionist anti semite scum filled club with sectarian fans that associate themselves with rangers et al.
    My friends dont support Liverpool so its not only my view but a common question towards our single chelsea supporting friend is how he supports a club whos fans are clearly anti Irish and rascist.

Sorry you are right, liverpool dont win trophies, i should not have made that mistake.
    Just because there is a small group of chelsea fans who have a certain view bears no reflection on the club as a whole. I bet I could find a liverpool fan who is anti-semetic, racist, a facist and a down right cnut but that does'nt mean liverpool stand for any of those things and i hope thats not youre opinion also seen as you support that very club. What you are saying is unreasonable and ridiculous.

So by your logic all liverpool fans will be like this http://menmedia.co.uk/asiannews/news/s/491249_liverpool_fan_jailed_for_sickening_racist_violence

Now if I throw a stick , will you leave and head over to the liverpool thread with the rest of the herd, goodman.

there really is no need to insult every liverpool fan on this forum because you dont like one of them

kryogen wrote: »
    there really is no need to insult every liverpool fan on this forum because you dont like one of them

He is doing the exact same to all chelsea fans, but tbf most liverpool fans are grand and genuine fans but there are some tossers as always.

You dont have to do the same sure!

I think we can all agree that there are some serious tools on here and in real life who support, United, Chelsea, Liverpool arsenal and whoever else. But the majority are grand

Such is life

• Advertisement

Sometimes people let them self down badly , this happens to be one of them times, have a couple too many watching the super bowl did we ???

There will be good and bad apples in all branches of the support network for a football club, surly a liverpool fan above most could understand this ?

As for the unionist club muck , I go to watch football not religious sermon . Could not care less for the religion or creed of the footballer on the pitch or the fan beside me , for them 90 minutes football is my religion and Drogba is GOD :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Every club (and I mean every club ) has a small element of scumbags that the other 99.9% of fans wish they hadn't .

Can we move on now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Typical of Chelsea's season yesterday.

United lose and Arsenal drop points and we F**k it all up by losing, not even gaining ANY points.

No real complaints with the game, we were useless, Liverpool werent great but they didnt have to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gavredking wrote: »
    Typical of Chelsea's season yesterday.

United lose and Arsenal drop points and we F**k it all up by losing, not even gaining ANY points.

No real complaints with the game, we were useless, Liverpool werent great but they didnt have to be.
    Liverpool were excellent yesterday.
    They worked hard and had discipline.
    Liverpool looked nervous at the start but grew into the game IMO.
    They wouldn't let Chelsea play.

amiable wrote: »
    Liverpool were excellent yesterday.
    They worked hard and had discipline.
    Liverpool looked nervous at the start but grew into the game IMO.
    They wouldn't let Chelsea play.

Excellent?

A bit strong to describe that performance.

What I will say is, our front 3, which is one of the best combined talent in football looked useless, that was down to the supply and fact Liverpool got the tactics spot on, Liverpool knew alot of our play would be through the centre and packed it, Kelly and Johnson played in field when they had to and with Lucas and Gerrard in there too it was too pakced for us to play.

How many shots did we have, about 20 and about 2 on target? One of the worse performances Ive seen form this team in a long time, on reflection of the game I would have rathered Maxi's shot.miss of the season gone in as it might have sparked us but we were terrible.

• Advertisement

I stand by the word ''excellent''
    You said yourself Liverpool got their tactics spot on which means they executed them well too
    Liverpool played as a team and i thought they were excellent yesterday.

I stand by the word ''excellent''
    You said yourself Liverpool got their tactics spot on which means they executed them well too
    Liverpool played as a team and i thought they were excellent yesterday.

They weren't excellent, but they were better then Chelsea, Reina was a by-stander in the game.

There is a difference between getting your tactics right and playing excellent. There was no stand out performers on either team, generally Chelsea v Liverpool games are a good, high tempo game but it was dull and lifeless.

Also got to mention how Andrew Marriner is a referee at the top level is beyond me, hes not consistent enough, noit blamingh im or his officials for the lose, far from it actually.

I'll fully go on record and say the 4th Febraury is the day we lost our title to the eventual winners of this EPL.

We got to concentrate on the Champs League and climbing as high as we can, I think our best aim is 2nd at a push but I think it will be 3rd.

They weren't excellent, but they were better then Chelsea, Reina was a by-stander in the game.

There is a difference between getting your tactics right and playing excellent. There was no stand out performers on either team, generally Chelsea v Liverpool games are a good, high tempo game but it was dull and lifeless.

Also got to mention how Andrew Marriner is a referee at the top level is beyond me, hes not consistent enough, noit blamingh im or his officials for the lose, far from it actually.

I'll fully go on record and say the 4th Febraury is the day we lost our title to the eventual winners of this EPL.

We got to concentrate on the Champs League and climbing as high as we can, I think our best aim is 2nd at a push but I think it will be 3rd.
    The Gospel according to gavredking:D
    The fact that Reina had feck all to do says to me the Liverpool were excellent in restricting Chelsea to most long range shots.
    I said a few days ago to the annoyance of a few Chelsea fans that there's something wrong in the Chelsea camp seeing as they've gone from Double winners to now struggling to make the top4.
    I stand by that and the on pitch argument yesterday shows there's massive tension within the club for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

We were always on a hiding to nothing yesterday.

The game was always going to mean much more to Liverpool than to Chelsea. You could see that on Daglish's face during the post match interview.

We've go to regroup now and concentrate on getting a top four spot and with no standout team this year that's very doable. Hopefully go on a run now with a view to giving the CL a good go this year.

The Gospel according to gavredking:D
    The fact that Reina had feck all to do says to me the Liverpool were excellent in restricting Chelsea to most long range shots.
    I said a few days ago to the annoyance of a few Chelsea fans that there's something wrong in the Chelsea camp seeing as they've gone from Double winners to now struggling to make the top4.
    I stand by that and the on pitch argument yesterday shows there's massive tension within the club for some reason.

Just my opinion :pac:

We were useless today, Essien and Lamps didnt get into it, one positive thing is Luiz looked comfortable, but it wasnt a test at all.

something wrong in the camp?

I agree, but where do ya start, sacking Wilkins was huge mistake and this is the crux of the problem IMO, the players and staff all respected him and even watching him on Sky you know hes a football man and knows his stuff.

Carlo himself acknowledged Wilkins input when he said they wouldnt have won anyhting if it wasnt for his part in the double winning season.

We wont win the league this year, we might win the FA cup and we're still in the CL, we will finish in the top 4 this year easily but at the moment this season has been poor.

Its a bit like the situaiton Liverpool were in, big club in a poor form and in a position that didnt justify wheer ye should have been.

We wil start fresh next season but it will be interesting to see if Carlo will be back, as you mentioned there seems to be something up behind the scenes and I think it runs deeper then what we know or will know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Just my opinion :pac:

We were useless today, Essien and Lamps didnt get into it, one positive thing is Luiz looked comfortable, but it wasnt a test at all.

something wrong in the camp?

I agree, but where do ya start, sacking Wilkins was huge mistake and this is the crux of the problem IMO, the players and staff all respected him and even watching him on Sky you know hes a football man and knows his stuff.

Carlo himself acknowledged Wilkins input when he said they wouldnt have won anyhting if it wasnt for his part in the double winning season.

We wont win the league this year, we might win the FA cup and we're still in the CL, we will finish in the top 4 this year easily but at the moment this season has been poor.

Its a bit like the situaiton Liverpool were in, big club in a poor form and in a position that didnt justify wheer ye should have been.

We wil start fresh next season but it will be interesting to see if Carlo will be back, as you mentioned there seems to be something up behind the scenes and I think it runs deeper then what we know or will know.

Well I'm not going to give up on the league until its mathematically just not possible for the following reasons:

All the teams have tough fixtures coming up and can take points off each other

Carlo will have more time to work Torres into the team effectively. It was a big ask expecting him to walk right in. Other teams would have dropped one of the other strikers. Plus we changed formation.

Luiz will play at CB and this allows Ivan to play his natural position of RB

That lovely thing about football and sport in general - it doesnt always follow form or "on paper". Its unpredictable and thats what makes it so interesting.

So I concede it looks unlikely but I will never say never until the fat bird sings :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Glad I wasn't here for the match thread yesterday. Absolutely gutted our title challenge is most definitely over now, we were poor and Liverpool deserved the win. I do think we should have had at least one penalty but we didn't deserve anything, there was no spark, no creativity and we were just lacking in the final third.

Johner wrote: »
    Glad I wasn't here for the match thread yesterday. Absolutely gutted our title challenge is most definitely over now, we were poor and Liverpool deserved the win. I do think we should have had at least one penalty but we didn't deserve anything, there was no spark, no creativity and we were just lacking in the final third.
    I'm a Liverpool fan and i think the Johnson shove was definitely a penalty.
    I don't think the handball was a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yeah I'm not a fan of those handball penalties being given as there is not a lot the defender can do. On first viewing it didn't look like the Johnson one was a penalty but on the repay he was very lucky to get away with it. Anyway it would have been an undeserved point if we had have got it.

Johnson was a penalty, the fact Ivanovic was watching the ball and Johnson knocked him over even was stupid form him, Agger/Skertel was jumping with Ivanovic so it was stupid from him.

On the handball by Lucas, if the officials were consistent then it should have been given as they gave a free against Merieles for a similar incident earlier but that would have been a bit soft.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement