Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

5th now :( things really depressing when we trail spuds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

the_monkey wrote: »
    5th now :( things really depressing when we trail spuds

Yeah, and it all started so well. Pressures on now for sure. Then they play Blackpool like a week before us and then our "catch up" game is Man U!! :eek:

Have to hand it them though, they won with a lot of the big names out, VDV, Bale, Modric :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Yeah, and it all started so well. Pressures on now for sure. Then they play Blackpool like a week before us and then our "catch up" game is Man U!! :eek:

Have to hand it them though, they won with a lot of the big names out, VDV, Bale, Modric :(

i still think yere not our rivals for that 4th spot , it will be city.

ye should climb in to 3rd spot

BERBA wrote: »

Kinda hoping they finish 5th! :D Be interesting to see the fallout of them NOT finishing in CL after all that cash splashed.
    Would Mancini go (Probably)
    Will they continue to spend?
    Do they have the appetitie to give it "one more go"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Will they continue to spend?

The new financial fair play rules should hinder them a lot.....kinda like yourselves i would guess, obviously not to the same extent..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

BERBA wrote: »

I disagree, i think Spurs Chelsea and ManCity have one hell of a fight for those 2 CL places.

Also, just to take into consideration, if Chelsea win the CL (which is a good shout IMO) and say finish 5th then 4th place spot goes to Chelsea....same goes for Spurs AFAIK....so could be more complicated....

Have Arsenal played Spurs at WHL ??

I thought they didn't but it's not on the BBC fixtures list .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Not yet, but i think that fixture is coming up over the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think it will be Arsenal and United fighting out the title, us and City fighting out 3rd and Spurs in 5th.

• Advertisement

Sturridge starting for Bolton in a few minutes on Sky Sports.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Will he make it 3 in 3? Hope so

Hope he does too, he's sure to be full of confidence, might stick a score on him first or anytime.:D

Johner wrote: »
    Hope he does too, he's sure to be full of confidence, might stick a score on him first or anytime.:D

Was thinking of doing the same myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

we were due to play em Feb 26th same weekend as CC final , think ye were due to play brum as well , both games now off.

Get in Sturridge scores again, great finish :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

yup :)

Great finish by Sturridge, pity I didn't back him anytime in the end. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Oh look, Sturridge scores again, if only we had a young striker like him at the bridge, hmmm.:p

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Oh look, Sturridge scores again, if only we had a young striker like him at the bridge, hmmm.:p

Sad to say, but I dont think he will ever get the chance!

I mean Carlo wont even drop 1 striker when he so clearly needs to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sad to say, but I dont think he will ever get the chance!

I mean Carlo wont even drop 1 striker when he so clearly needs to

I think he will. Not a chance we'll sell him to Bolton. Carlo has his system that he likes to stand by the old-guard but look at the likes of Pato who he brought through at Milan. Being on loan to Bolton is the best move for Sturridge and Chelsea FC at the moment, but I am certain that he will get his chance to shine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Obaraten wrote: »
    How do ya think well do in the next European fixture?

More interested to see how we do tomorrow TTTT!

Can all 3 play together?

He'll probably play a different formation in europe unless we hammer fulham

Just got a ticket for Blackpool away, was in the online waiting room for 10 minutes didn't think I was going to get on. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We really need to win tonight, with Spurs taking 4th for the time being and City losing at the weekend we can pull away from Spurs and gain on City.

Here's hoping. :D

www.boards.ie/love.php

Johner
    DazMarz
    Sgt pepper 64
    the_monkey
    Xavi6
    papagormo
    gonzovision
    flahavaj
    Tom Brady
    guil
    Lukker-

I Love you all apparently. :eek::pac::P

gavredking
    the_monkey
    gonzovision
    DazMarz
    papagormo
    Lukker-
    CHD
    pistolpetes11
    x PyRo
    M5
    Essien

CHD. :o I thought I was long over him since his departure. :(

Johner
    PogMoThoin
    the_monkey
    gavredking
    Lukker-
    CHD
    DazMarz
    dreamers75
    pistolpetes11
    Essien
    ShoulderChip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ancelotti tells Terry he is no longer a certain first 11 player.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/14/john-terry-chelsea-carlo-ancelotti
    The Chelsea manager, Carlo Ancelotti, has warned John Terry that he should no longer expect to play in every match. Ancelotti will use Monday night's Premier League derby at Fulham to hand a first start to the £21m January recruit David Luiz and confirmed that the Brazilian's arrival signals a shift to an era in which all of the defenders at Stamford Bridge must get accustomed to stints on the sidelines.

Terry has been a mainstay of the Chelsea defence for the past nine seasons and has been implicitly guaranteed a starting place ever since José Mourinho made him club captain following Marcel Desailly's departure in 2004. He had worn the captain's armband before that, Claudio Ranieri entrusting it to him whenever Desailly was injured, but he marked his first campaign as permanent captain by leading Chelsea to the Premier League title and being voted PFA player of the year.

For most of the past decade, then, Terry has expected to play when fit. However, Ancelotti insisted that the 30-year-old must accept that with David Luiz, Branislav Ivanovic and Alex competing for his spot he will occasionally have to endure being a spectator

Kinda would like Dalglish to say the same about Carra (these old warriors do seem to think they are undroppable too often).

CHD. :o I thought I was long over him since his departure. :(

Like an old ex, hes gone but not forgotten :D

/ checks top of Johners list......... gavredking

/ checks top of gavredkings list......johner

:eek:

awkward :P

mike65 wrote: »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/14/john-terry-chelsea-carlo-ancelotti

Kinda would like Dalglish to say the same about Carra (these old warriors do seem to think they are undroppable too often).

Won't believe it until he actually drops him. A lot will depend on how quickly Luiz settles in. Will Drogba be dropped tonight for the good of the team? Should be. We will see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Agree 100%, JT from a couple of years ago would have been undroppable because of the way he was playing, but not any more.

Like Carragher, one club men are always harder to drop because of their percieved loyalty to the club.

It also gives all players the opportunity to try and impress when given the chance and make them fight for their places. At the moment we have 4 very good CB's for 2 spots, maybe you can count Ivanovic at RB but still leaves 3 to try and play in 2 spots, I can see Alex and Luiz getting the nod in the next year, and they will be Brazil's future pairing for a few years if they stay fit.

I'd like to see

Cech
    Ivanovic
    Luiz
    Terry
    Cole
    Ramires
    Essien
    Lampard
    Malouda
    Anelka
    Torres

for a start tonight. I'd also like to see Josh come on early if the midfield isn't doing a job tonight.

Won't believe it until he actually drops him. A lot will depend on how quickly Luiz settles in. Will Drogba be dropped tonight for the good of the team? Should be. We will see.

Dont think he will drop Drogba, it all depends on how both have done in training, at the moment Drogba has been very average and Torres hasnt had much time to fit into the team and system.

Team I would like to see tonight :

Cech

Bosingwa Terry Luiz Cole
    Mikel
    Essien Lamps
    Anelka Drogab Malouda

As I said depending on how both did its very close between Drogba and Torres.

My 2nd team I would like to see would be :

Cech
    Bosingwa Terry Luiz Cole
    Essien
    Lamps Malouda
    Anelka
    Drogba Torres

Same as liverpool game with Malouda coming in for Mikel and Essien reverting to DM.

P.S. Josh and Ramires are close to both teams I mentioned, maybe have Ramires come into the midfield to quicken it up a bit. Also after the Liverpool game i can see Ivanovic been dropped, himself and Cech weren't onthe same page at all at all.

Think Bos is injured, isn't he?

Yeah Bosingwa is out, Will be Ivan at RB and Terry/Luiz in the centre I would imagine.

Think Bos is injured, isn't he?
    Yeah Bosingwa is out, Will be Ivan at RB and Terry/Luiz in the centre I would imagine.

My bad, though he was doubtful, no lose having Ivanovic in there, better defender then Bos at the end of the day.

I think drogba should be dropped, he has not been great lately tbh. 4-3-3 with torres I hope. On terry, I think some players like him and lamps need to be told they are not undroppable and hopefully there respective forms improve. Cant wait for tonight even though we will probably be ****e again.

That_Guy
    the_monkey
    Johner
    nacho libre
    Pangea
    maquiladora
    IvySlayer
    Rougies
    Deep Easterly
    WolfeIRE
    pistolpetes11

Why is the monkey on that list.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I think drogba should be dropped, he has not been great lately tbh. 4-3-3 with torres I hope. On terry, I think some players like him and lamps need to be told they are not undroppable and hopefully there respective forms improve. Cant wait for tonight even though we will probably be ****e again.

I'll take shite as long as it comes with 3 points TBH.

We have a decent record at Craven Cottage in recent times. The last 9 meetings there we have won 5 drawn 3 and lost 1. I'm confident we can get a win.

And this is what he ACTUALLY said

What Carlo actually said was:
    "With David Luiz we can have more rotation with our players, In the back four now we have a lot of opportunity to choose a player to give someone a rest and to maintain every player fit for the rest of the season."
    (Source:Guardian)

Which was the whole point of getting Luiz in anyway - Terrys back is still fecked!

From Chelsea Daft

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2011/02/have-john-terry-didier-drogba-been.html

This is a long but interesting article on the whole "financial fair play thing"
    (Which I'm already getting bored with lazy journos always pointing the finger at us)

And with screenshots from Chelsea's balance sheets too!

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/02/chelseas-financial-fair-play-challenge.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd be concerned with all this talk of dropping some of our more high-profile players that at the end of the day we are left with some leaders on the pitch.
    Players like Terry drive the team forward and demand a big effort from those around them. Essien also did this in the past with his performances alone .
    Not saying this is a reason never to drop an individual player but we will always need these type of players in the team.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I think Terry has been one of our better performers this season, Lampard on the other hand has been very poor , would rather hear him being told his position was not always there for him.

• Advertisement

Essien has been poor ever since he was sent off against fulham last time. He started the season well and scored a few goals but its gone wrong since then. Hopefully he has a stormer tonight.

This is the team I would like to see

Cech
    Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
    Essien
    Ramires Lampard
    Anelka Torres Malouda

^Thats an excellent team imo. Has balance and I think anelka is used to being pushed out wide. Ramires is a must also.

I predict 1-2 to chelsea, just about, fulham are in decent form.

bullpost wrote: »
    I'd be concerned with all this talk of dropping some of our more high-profile players that at the end of the day we are left with some leaders on the pitch.
    Players like Terry drive the team forward and demand a big effort from those around them. Essien also did this in the past with his performances alone .
    Not saying this is a reason never to drop an individual player but we will always need these type of players in the team.

Exactly - JT may be a bit slow these days, but his "presence" and leadership on the pitch more than makes up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Dopping JT would be a huge mistake IMO. Ya can she how much he influences and leads the team. for example against sunderland, he was constantly getting forward, push the whole team up the pitch and speeding up play.

Would love to see essien back in the holding role. To be honest putting probably the best defensive midfielder on the right is a mistake. If you look back, he has played better in DM role this season.

Ramires deserves a start cause he gives the midfield more energy.

:D:D:D !!

Johner
    DazMarz
    gonzovision
    kelly1
    Mountainsandh
    Borderfox
    pixbyjohn
    Essien
    Pivot_Al
    pistolpetes11
    Galvasean

- Tonights game, tough one away to Fulham we barely beat them at the bridge, so we need another performance like we gave at Sunderland.

anything other then 3 points is a disaster.

:D:D:D !!

Johner
    DazMarz
    gonzovision
    kelly1
    Mountainsandh
    Borderfox
    pixbyjohn
    Essien
    Pivot_Al
    pistolpetes11
    Galvasean

- Tonights game, tough one away to Fulham we barely beat them at the bridge, so we need another performance like we gave at Sunderland.

anything other then 3 points is a disaster.

Agree there. Probably THE pivotal game of the season for all the wrong reasons :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement