Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

iregk wrote: »
    Could see Turnbull given a run and that would tie the blues over. Hopefully Hillario doesn't get anywhere near the goal again.

Hopefully, hes a decent keeper and palyed well enough when he got his chance last year in the few games. Hopefully he plays him and drops Hilario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

got a message up on facebuck from chelsea fc saying alex is injured,anyone hear anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Alex is out for about a month with a thigh injury he got earlier in the week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

With Ricci most likely on his way out, Ivanovic might be likely to slot in at CB for the time being. Any news on Boswinga? He's been injured for aaages, last I heard he has started running again. Would like to see a Terry/Ivanovic partnership and Boswinga back in at RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Phew - the g/f would surly leave me if she had to listen to a season of Vuvuzela's during the pL league :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

This one may have legs yet. Would be an exciting signing but I won't get my hopes up until I see him in the blue jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

The way thing are going Bruma may start at RB

smuckers wrote: »

Bruma should be grand in the opening fixtures anyway. Still not sure if Riccy will leave though. Hope he stays.

Bruma is gone to Wolfsburg on loan is he not?

• Advertisement

This one may have legs yet. Would be an exciting signing but I won't get my hopes up until I see him in the blue jersey.

It would be exciting but after turning down 17million I dont know if Chelsea will go much more then maybe 22million, I know they want something near 30million for him but there is not many youngsters worth that money really.

It will be interesting to follow though in the next few days and weeks.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Bruma is gone to Wolfsburg on loan is he not?

no it was denied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

gavredking wrote: »
    It will be interesting to follow though in the next few days and weeks.

If the quotes attributed to both his Dad and his agent are true then they're certainly interested in a move to Chelsea, whether he turns out to be the best player in the world or not, he's young and extremely talented and this is the type of player I love to see us linked with!!

Team for match against Ajax at 17:00

Ross Turnbull
    Billy Clifford
    Jeffrey Bruma
    Patrick van Aanholt
    Ryan Bertrand
    John Mikel Obi
    Michael Essien
    Nemanja Matic
    Josh McEachran
    Franco Di Santo
    Daniel Sturridge

Subs: Hilario, Nathaniel Chalobah, Rohan Ince, Jack Cork, Conor Clifford, Kaby Djalo, Milan Lalkovic, Scott Sinclair

Ross Turnbull
    Billy Clifford
    Jeffrey Bruma
    Patrick van Aanholt
    Ryan Bertrand
    John Mikel Obi
    Michael Essien
    Nemanja Matic
    Josh McEachran
    Franco Di Santo
    Daniel Sturridge

Subs: Hilario, Nathaniel Chalobah, Rohan Ince, Jack Cork, Conor Clifford, Kaby Djalo, Milan Lalkovic, Scott Sinclair

Good team :)

Solid back line, hope Bruma gets a few chances this season.

Love the midfield, so much power in there and footballing ability.

Also Danny Sturridge and Di Santo could work well, Di Santo knocking down and holding up for Sturridge.

Ross Turnbull
    Billy Clifford
    Jeffrey Bruma
    Patrick van Aanholt
    Ryan Bertrand
    John Mikel Obi
    Michael Essien
    Nemanja Matic
    Josh McEachran
    Franco Di Santo
    Daniel Sturridge

Pretty much the same team that started the last game minus injurys...

Id almost like to see Essien and Mikel start on the bench to give the younger guys the first half and see how they get on, give nearly everyone 45mins!

Lets hope its a better showing than against palace!!

Looking forward to this. A real opportunity for Bruma, Matic and Sturridge to stake their claim for 1st team football come the West Brom game.

Oh dear Turnbull :o

Dunno who was worse there Turnbull or Bruma.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Dunno who was worse there Turnbull or Bruma.

Turnbull had to make a call for it. He obviously didn't and came rushing out.

Absolute nightmare for Turnbull first half. He shouldn't get near the team with a performance like that. I'd rather give Sebek a chance.

Some terrible passing from the back also. Gave the ball away way too much.

On a bright note great finish from Sturridge and Billy Clifford has impressed.

Finished 3-1 Ajax. Poor enough in all fairness. Not too many bright points at all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I seen the result and I was less then impressed but looking at the team it was a reserve side bar Essien , and Mikel .

I seen the result and I was less then impressed but looking at the team it was a reserve side bar Essien , and Mikel .

So were Ajax though in fairness. Although they were a few weeks ahead in their preparation, still expected much better.

Happy in a way, shows that it's too early to rely on the youth coming up, hopefully we'll see some signings.

• Advertisement

Apparently Ramieres has chosen to join us ahead of city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Apparently Ramieres has chosen to join us ahead of city

I took the initiative and searched that.. what I found pleases me! Not only have we signed Ramieres.. but we've also put in a bid for David Luiz!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1297229/Chelsea-bid-Benficas-David-Luiz-Ramires-says-Yes.html?ITO=1490

You can watch this one if you want..

I like this one :cool:

DO NOT watch this one..

..this one's not nearly as bad as the last, but still bad imo

Ramieres and Luiz would be 2 great additions. I think I may have to revise my opinion on Matic from the 2 preseason games. Really thought he was ready to make the step up but certainly hasn't showed it. Himself and Bruma were the biggest disappointments for me, probably because I expected the most from them.

All is not lost however, Kakuta is in blistering form with the French u-19s

I still have faith in Bruma, I think a season on loan to FC Twente or someone like that would do him the world of good. Undecided on Matic, hard to tell with a midfielder like him. He needs to get involved more.

Ramires would be a fantastic addition. My main gripe with Mikel is that he trys to do too much sometimes. He fouls constantly (he has improved I'll give him that) and he needs to learn to keep it simple and just release the ball quicker instead of hesitating and getting closed down and misplacing a pass. Ramires has a much better passing ability but I've not given up hope on Mikel yet, still think there is a good footballer in him yet.

Haven't seen much of Luiz, is he a CB? Can't really see the need for another. I know we are a little tight now with the Alex and Boswinga injuries but I really see Ivanovic's best position as CB and I think when Carvalho moves on and Bos regains his fitness we'll see a Ivanovic/Terry partnership.

Anyway I'd love to see Ramires, Neymar and/or Aguero. They would be some damn fine investments.

I don't think a move to the Dutch league would benefit Bruma. Keep him in England definitely. I'd actually say keep him at Chelsea and give him a few starts and keep him plying for the reserves.

Haven't seen much of Luiz myself. Hotly tipped, but everything will depend on Carvalho staying or going.

I've no doubt about the quality of Matic, but maybe expected too much too soon. He ran the show at reserves last year. From what I saw in the 2 pre season matches was touches of pure quality and a great range of passing, but just too inconsistent.

I would personally rule Di Santo and Sinclair out now. Sinclair has had enough chances. Completely ineffective against Ajax.

Ramires is a Rm so wouldn't be directly competing with Mikel and according to Fifa stats had a pass rating of 66% which wasn't fantastic. Although he does have a bit of pace about him and can beat players, which is something we are lacking. 20m seems a lot but we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

• Advertisement

I don't think a move to the Dutch league would benefit Bruma. Keep him in England definitely. I'd actually say keep him at Chelsea and give him a few starts and keep him plying for the reserves.

Haven't seen much of Luiz myself. Hotly tipped, but everything will depend on Carvalho staying or going.

I've no doubt about the quality of Matic, but maybe expected too much too soon. He ran the show at reserves last year. From what I saw in the 2 pre season matches was touches of pure quality and a great range of passing, but just too inconsistent.

I would personally rule Di Santo and Sinclair out now. Sinclair has had enough chances. Completely ineffective against Ajax.

Ramires is a Rm so wouldn't be directly competing with Mikel and according to Fifa stats had a pass rating of 66% which wasn't fantastic. Although he does have a bit of pace about him and can beat players, which is something we are lacking. 20m seems a lot but we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

He can play all across midfield, he played DM for Brazil at the World Cup. Sorta similiar to Essien he's probably best described as a box-to-box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Looks like Carvalho wants out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8851598.stm

Look like Drogba will miss the start of the season !

The clubs hand will be forced to bring in a striker now I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I heard about the Drogba injury on the radio while out, I don't think we'll be forced to buy a striker as he's only meant to be out for 3 weeks. If that is correct he would only miss the first game of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Obaraten wrote: »
    Aguero!Aguero!:D

its official...
    were not in for Aguero...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6277170,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Lads I'm looking for 1 ticket for the Community Sheild.
    Have my flights and everything sorted already.

What are my odds of getting one at this stage?? Any ideas on where to try?

Last resort obviously will be buying one on the day outside the ground. How much extra would I be expected to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Obaraten wrote: »
    I was very dispaointed to see that Ajax result,i mean look at the talent the club has..did they bother to turn up?

If you're talking about the first team talent, no, they didn't turn up as they weren't in the squad apart from Essien and Mikel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

LanceStorm wrote: »
    its official...
    were not in for Aguero...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6277170,00.html

What a shame he would have been a great signing.

Drogba is not getting any younger either.

• Advertisement

We are the blues, go on chelsea. treble next season. legends

Chelsea attempt to lure ex-Barcelona sporting director Txiki Begiristain - report

I wonder what this means for Frank Arnesen. Has Abramovich lost faith in him. His record for bringing players through at Chelsea has been pretty poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Tickets for Community Shield arrived for me today!!! Woo!!!! Cannot wait! Myself and a certain other person whose name cannot be mentioned for fear that I will be banned will be heading over and giving it sox in Wem-ber-ley!!! Literally cannot wait now!!!:D

In other news, I'll puke in disgust if we sign Torres and let some of the younger (and less injury-prone) players we've been targeting slip through our fingers.........:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

DazMarz wrote: »
    Tickets for Community Shield arrived for me today!!! Woo!!!! Cannot wait! Myself and a certain other person whose name cannot be mentioned for fear that I will be banned will be heading over and giving it sox in Wem-ber-ley!!! Literally cannot wait now!!!:D

In other news, I'll puke in disgust if we sign Torres and let some of the younger (and less injury-prone) players we've been targeting slip through our fingers.........:mad:

Puke if you end up with 2 of the best 3 strikers in the league - strange reaction

talksport say Torres deal is n the bag

Details for Wigan away.
    Wigan Athletic , Barclays Premier League.

Wigan Athletic
    Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 21st August
    Kick Off 5.15pm
    Loyalty Points : 3

Ticket sales for this match will be as follows:

Monday 26th July to Sunday 1st August until 2pm: Season ticket holders can purchase one ticket.

Monday 2nd August to Sunday 8th August until 2pm: Members can purchase one ticket.

Monday 9th August to Sunday 15th August until 2pm: Members and Season Tickets can purchase extra tickets (maximum of 3 tickets in total)

Monday 16th August: General Sale

Ticket prices
    Tickets for this match are priced as follows:
    Adults £25
    Juniors (under 16's) £18
    Seniors (over 65) £18

We have received an allocation of 4161 tickets.

Travel details
    Coaches will depart Stamford Bridge at 9:30am and from Newport Pagnell at 11:00am. We will also be running a train from London Euston train times to follow.
    Coach tickets will be priced at £32 with train tickets subsidised at £35.

Tickets will be sold online from 7am and from 9am at the Box Office and Call Centre for personal callers and telephone sales.

All ticket sales are subject to availability.

Match dates and ticket on sale dates are subject to change. Please check the website for the latest information.

Still a few tickets left for the first game of the season against West Brom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Chelsea hope to secure the capture of Benfica's Brazil midfielder Ramires this week, when he returns to Lisbon from his post-World Cup break. Ramires will discuss the proposed transfer with Benfica's directors and he is expected to move to west London for €20m (£16.8m). The Portuguese club would also be entitled to performance-related bonuses.

The deal has not yet been concluded and Benfica would like to discuss Chelsea including players in part-exchange. But, having added only the midfielder Yossi Benayoun so far this summer, the Chelsea manager, Carlo Ancelotti, is close to broadening his options.

Ancelotti has seen the midfielders Joe Cole and Michael Ballack leave the club as free agents and another midfielder, Deco, is expected to return to his native Brazil, so that he might spend more time with his seriously ill young son. Chelsea have also released the defender Juliano Belletti.

Ramires, 23, is a competitive and durable midfielder – he is rarely injured – and he would appear well suited to the Premier League. If Benfica were to sell him, it would suit them to close the deal quickly, so that they could sign a replacement. The businessman Kia Joorabchian has a 50% stake in the player.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/26/chelsea-ramires-benfica

Would be a good signing for you lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

DazMarz wrote: »

Dont worry about it mate, torres has a bit of class about him, he wouldn't fit in at Chelsea and your wonderful fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

talksport say Torres deal is n the bag

Pretty much means it ain't true tbh. Ye can't afford him either.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Pretty much means it ain't true tbh. Ye can't afford him either.

We could afford him I'd say :p , but the days of Roman splashing huge amounts of cash around are over it would seem. Can't see us making too many more signings this summer at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement