Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Main thing is we win, whether it be by blowing them away or a scrappy 1-0 victory.

Once we gain points on City by winning and pull away from Spurs thats all that counts, 3 points in the bag. Im going say 3-0 to Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'll go 3-1 to the blues, Torres getting his first Chelsea goals. ;)

LOAN INTEREST
    Posted on: Mon 14 Feb 2011

Daniel Sturridge scored his third goal in as many games for Bolton Wanderers on Sunday, as his impressive form on loan continues.

The forward lashed home to seal a 2-0 win over Everton which keeps the Trotters in with a shout of European qualification, currently sitting eighth in the Premier League table.

Last week the 21-year-old striker netted in the 2-1 defeat at Spurs, having scored a last-minute winner as a sub on his debut against Wolves a few days earlier.

Having played and scored for us in the third round against Ipswich, Sturridge will be cup-tied for Bolton's next game, their FA Cup fourth round replay against Wigan on Wednesday evening.

Jeffrey Bruma made a late debut for Leicester in their 2-0 win at Derby on Saturday, coming on with six minutes to go. Patrick van Aanholt has played every minute of his three games, all of which have resulted in victories for the Foxes. They are now just one place and four points from a play-off position.

There was also a debut for Conor Clifford, who made his Notts County bow as a second-half substitute at home to Exeter on Saturday, playing 27 minutes but unable to prevent a 2-0 defeat in League One for the Meadow Lane club.

Over in Holland, Vitesse Arnhem have won one, drawn one and lost one since our last update, with Nemanja Matic netting in the 5-2 win over Roda JC, and Slobodan Rajkovic joining him in the starting line-up for all three games, with a 1-1 draw against Feyenoord and a 1-0 defeat to champions FC Twente. Goalkeeper Matej Delac is still awaiting his debut. Matic will join Benfica on a permanent deal, as part of the David Luiz transfer, once his loan in Holland is completed.

Jack Cork has started each of Burnley's four games since our last update, as they've won three and lost one under new manager Eddie Howe. The midfielder was replaced with seven minutes remaining of Saturday's 3-1 win at Watford, his 31st appearance of the season.

Rhys Taylor returned from a one-match suspension for Crewe on February 1, but will want to forget their 6-2 defeat at Northampton, which was followed with a 3-1 loss at Rotherham and a 1-1 draw at home to Gillingham on Saturday, his 33rd game in goal for the Railwaymen.

Michael Mancienne, although still registered with Wolves, remains at Cobham as he continues his rehabilitation from a knee injury.

In a similar situation, Ben Gordon is still waiting to head up to Scunthorpe as he recovers from a hamstring tear.

good to see most of them doing well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Rhys Taylor returned from a one-match suspension for Crewe on February 1, but will want to forget their 6-2 defeat at Northampton.
    Johner wrote: »
    good to see most of them doing well...

Taylor was unlucky that game, probably only at fault with one of them, no defensive help at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Obaraten wrote: »
    Is Chelsea European match on the tv next week lads?

Sky Sports 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Obaraten wrote: »
    Is Chelsea European match on the tv next week lads?

Sky Sports 2 i think.

Edit: Pipped at the post by Johner.

Chelsea team for Fulham: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Essien, Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Torres.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Hope Torres gets off the mark - and Dempsey (dirty f*ck*er) keeps his elbows to himself!! C'Mon the Chels!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

yeah it will be good to see the new boy's get some action

Maybe I'm kidding myself but I see us still within a fight for the league if we start to spruce up from now on

• Advertisement

What a ball by Luiz! otherwisw ... bitty.... same old. Torres not found his touch. Dont rule out Josh to open this thing up, Lampard putting in a shift - defensively anyway. essien missing again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Cech delighted with his clean sheet .... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Not a great first half, Fulham looked pretty solid in midfield. we absolutely dominated the second half, Cech might aswell have sat in the stands.
    I actually thought Lampard must have been taken off 15mins from the end, I hadn't heard his name mentioned once. Josh must surely be due a run out in all honesty.
    Very disappointed not to come away with all 3 points, positives are Ramires and Luiz, they look fantastic. I think once Torres gets a goal under his belt it will do him the world of good.
    Cech, another day, another peno save, fair play to ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

I think Ancellotti doesnt know what to do with Torres and Drogba so he has to play either one or the other
    So he will have to keep switching them or play one and leave one an unhappy camper
    On this scenario it was a mad purchase

yeah it will be good to see the new boy's get some action

Maybe I'm kidding myself but I see us still within a fight for the league if we start to spruce up from now on

What are you smoking ? cos i want some !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Is Carlo's job under threat if Chelsea don't make the top 4?

We will still finish top 4, 3rd or 4th.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

amiable wrote: »

He'll be gone if we don't make top 4. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in the summer, no matter what happens.

Ramires and Luiz were excellent.Lampard was pure muck, Essien not much better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Definately, chelsea havent finished outside the top 4 since before claudio raneiri, i think anyway, and that was ages ago

He'll be gone if we don't make top 4. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in the summer, no matter what happens.
    I honestly think he's in trouble too
    I don't know whats happened there but it seems to be falling apart there.
    I personally think Chelsea will still finish 4th but is that good enough for CFC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

We will still finish top 4, 3rd or 4th.

If spurs beat blackpool tomorrow week , they go 5 points clear before ye play utd the following tuesday.

Ramires and Luiz were excellent.Lampard was pure muck, Essien not much better.

Exactly. Very impressed with the two Brazilians. McEachran needs to be given a start. He might be young, but what does it matter at this stage? Our midfield is the main problem area. No creation coming from there at all. Lampard needs to be given a break, Essien not far behind.

United next, doubt Carlo will change it up too much. I really don't know which system we should play (nor does Carlo)

BERBA wrote: »
    If spurs beat blackpool tomorrow week , they go 5 points clear before ye play utd the following tuesday.

If we beat Everton in the FA Cup we won't be playing United then.

How confident are you of Spurs making top 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

He wasnt confident enough to put his money where his mouth is yesterday on the subject

The only way Spurs make top 4 is if its at Chelseas expense, do you really think Chelsea wont accumulate more points then Spurs between now and the end of the season?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I know ur not asking me, but as a neutral id still but inclined to back chelsea for 4th, but saying that i wouldnt be surprised at all if spurs made it

Definately something wrong in the chelsea camp for a long long time now, i thought they turned the corner vs sunderland

How confident are you of Spurs making top 4?

were in the hat bigtime now , Chelsea v Man City on 20th March huge game.

9 points from blackburn bolton and sunderland without bale and modric was a massive bonus for us.

we got blackpool , west ham , wigan and wolves in next 4 games

gotta be looking at 12pts to keep the heat up.

I'd love a wager with BERBA, if Spurs finish top 4 I'll leave the forum, if Chelsea do he leaves.:p

I'd love a wager with BERBA, if Spurs finish top 4 I'll leave the forum, if Chelsea do he leaves.:p

ive a golden rule : never ever back your team , its pure bad luck man

kryogen wrote: »
    The only way Spurs make top 4 is if its at Chelseas expense, do you really think Chelsea wont accumulate more points then Spurs between now and the end of the season?

said it before and il say it again on this thread , im looking at city not chelsea , think they our competition , i fully expect chelsea to push on and get at least 3rd

• Advertisement

BERBA wrote: »
    ive a golden rule : never ever back your team , its pure bad luck man

lack of Líathroídí more like

lack of Líathroídí more like
    That's macho bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Once Chelsea hit any sort of form, which they will, they will comfortably finish in the top four. My money would be on third.

BANG BANG BANG !!

And that's the nail being hammered in the coffin, the final nail that is ,
    Ancelotti gone, Torres will want out soon as no CL football next year,
    jesus just when it looked like our season couldn't get any worse,
    it's turning into an absolute DISASTER, no chance of getting 4th now,
    spurs will be 5 pts clear and then a possible game against united !!!!

FORGET IT .... Game OVER !!

Just stop

4 Months ago , I came on here and questioned essiens form. I was HAMMERED !! . any comments lads? ............. most over-rated player in the Pl, end of.

Just stop

Well when we finish 5th or lower check back here

That's macho bull

nope thats an observation, based on lots of big talk and a refusal to put money where mouth is.

the_monkey wrote: »
    Well when we finish 5th or lower check back here

Don't be so fickle, heard the same crap from you last season and we won the double. Have a bit of confidence in your team

4 Months ago , I came on here and questioned essiens form. I was HAMMERED !! . any comments lads? ............. most over-rated player in the Pl, end of.

Form is temporary my friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

The entire focus is on getting the squad ready for the push to the CL final, avoiding injuries, and more or less doing the minimum to get a top 4 finish (two more points dropped at Fulham).

In retrospect, the Premiership challenge ended when key injuries caused the remainder of an aging squad to run out of steam after the blistering Autumn start.

We'll be looking especially to get Lampard and Essien back into top form. We have to ask the question now will Lampard, Terry and Drogba ever again be able to deliver seasons like they have in the past. You have to fear especially for Drogba who has imploded twice on the big stage. He won't get a look in in the closing stages of the CL if Torres is in form. Next May will see a major clear out, CL or no CL. The end of an era. Let's hope they can go out on a high.

Form is temporary my friend
    Write off a whole season then... mind you - we did alright without last season.

Suspect you're right McDave - too many living on their reputations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Ramieres proving to be a valuable player, but the final ball is lacking from the mid, Luiz was superb.
    Torres, movement is there just not working quite right out at the moment.

Write off a whole season then... mind you - we did alright without last season.

you realize Essien is coming back from a serious injury you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Cant belive sky are still talking about the title, deluded twats.

Chelsea are in a battle for top 4 but I still fancy us to grap 4th or 3rd even.

Decent performance tonight, pity about the result.

Luiz was outstanding and so was ramires and both only 23, the future for chelsea right there.

Even if chelsea finish 5th its not the end of the world, in fact it may be a opertunity to rebuild, both ramires and luiz are 23 and are going to be great for us into the future. The owner just invested 70mill so even if we finished 5th hes not going anywhere after that sort of money.

Lamps needs to be dropped. Our midfiel was poor again tonight.
    Torres was good, good movement and should have done better with the chances he had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I'm sorry to say Carlo will be gone at the end of the season, there is no doubt, players are going through the motions.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Cant belive sky are still talking about the title, deluded twats.

Chelsea are in a battle for top 4 but I still fancy us to grap 4th or 3rd even.

Decent performance tonight, pity about the result.

Luiz was outstanding and so was ramires and both only 23, the future for chelsea right there.

Even if chelsea finish 5th its not the end of the world, in fact it may be a opertunity to rebuild, both ramires and luiz are 23 and are going to be great for us into the future. The owner just invested 70mill so even if we finished 5th hes not going anywhere after that sort of money.

Lamps needs to be dropped. Our midfiel was poor again tonight.
    Torres was good, good movement and should have done better with the chances he had.

5th would be a disaster. Financially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I know this may not be popular with chelsea fans but I think we could really do with benayoun right now, a link between midfield and attack.

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I know this may not be popular with chelsea fans but I think we could really do with benayoun right now, a link between midfield and attack.

Definitely, would be our best option behind 2 strikers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement