Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Carlo had a falling out with him or there issues with his attitude or something along them lines.

Its bloody disgraceful that a lad showing such talent is not given more of a chance .

Borini turned down a contract extension last summer and has been cast aside since then. Disapointing but if a young player won't pledge his future to the club then the club has no duty to develope him further, I agree with this, either a player is commited or not. He wants to leave, let him go, no point in giving him game time. Hes a very good player imo, sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Carlo had a falling out with him or there issues with his attitude or something along them lines.

Its bloody disgraceful that a lad showing such talent is not given more of a chance .

Is there anywhere to watch the game online ?

I'm just following on Twitter.

4-3 to us now, McEachran with his second assist,Lalkovic scores.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »
    Borini hatrick for the reserves, currently 3-2 against West Ham, can't believe we are going to sell him and not give him a chance.

4-3 now , sounds like a cracking match , Borini 3, Lalkovic 1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just going back to a point a made about Lennon last night ,

Do we have a decent winger in the squad has cracking pace and skills to beat people ?

I remember watching Duff in his pomp doing it , Robben, SWP, even malouda was doing it for a while , but now we seem to try and play everything through the centre and depend on the wingbacks for out width which I feel is a problem in itself .

We needed something special on Monday night , instead we passed it on to the wings,then took it back into the centre and repeated this over and over, it would of been great to have a natural winger to take on the make instead of putting every ball back into the middle of the park.

Do we have a decent winger in the squad has cracking pace and skills to beat people ?

I remember watching Duff in his pomp doing it , Robben, SWP, even malouda was doing it for a while , but now we seem to try and play everything through the centre and depend on the wingbacks for out width which I feel is a problem in itself .

We needed something special on Monday night , instead we passed it on to the wings,then took it back into the centre and repeated this over and over, it would of been great to have a natural winger to take on the make instead of putting every ball back into the middle of the park.

We dont have any wingers as far as I'm concerned. Malouda and anelka play just left and right of the main striker. We have nobody in the squad to hug the touchlines and spread play, thats just how we play, this is kinda why I wanted sanchez, to give us some width.

I'd love to see us go for Lennon actually! We need width! Think we were linked with him last year and a few years ago. His final ball is getting better.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    We dont have any wingers as far as I'm concerned. Malouda and anelka play just left and right of the main striker. We have nobody in the squad to hug the touchlines and spread play, thats just how we play, this is kinda why I wanted sanchez, to give us some width.

Yeah , I have to say our play has become dare I say a bit predictable,

Drogba winning every ball that came within a few yards of him and Malouda and Anelka on top of there games last season compensated for it but this season we seem to be having big problems going forward.

If you look at our games at the beginning of the season it was one touch passing and very quick movement , now its very slow and lethargic and if you pack the middle of the park or defense ala Liverpool it kills what ever creativity we have.

Its really time to change the game plan , I think young Joshs, vision and quick passing could really open things up again for us.

Never expected to saying this but Pieenar seems like a huge opportunity missed watching him for spurs last night he always seemed to be trying to make something happen when on the ball, Hopefully with Yuri and Yossi will be back pushing some of these planks for there places soon enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Essien wrote: »
    Tbh, I think we're better equipped to beat Barca than...well...anyone. It takes a good defense to beat them and right now that looks like it's all we have.

Well thats a good point but dont forgot, no David Luiz for the CL games :(

Kalou has the pace and beating of people if he stays wide,but he comes in onto his left leg from the right far to often, coupled that with the fact he can barely stand on his left means he should play wide out on the right for crosses or form the left to cut in.

I had forgot about Borini, good prospect too, sad to see he wont be contuining with us, I fear had Kakuta rejected a deal he would have been cast aside too, if we can keep Kakuta, Sturridge, Van Aanholt, McEachran and develop them then we will be doing well in the next 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Yeah , I have to say our play has become dare I say a bit predictable,

Drogba winning every ball that came within a few yards of him and Malouda and Anelka on top of there games last season compensated for it but this season we seem to be having big problems going forward.

If you look at our games at the beginning of the season it was one touch passing and very quick movement , now its very slow and lethargic and if you pack the middle of the park or defense ala Liverpool it kills what ever creativity we have.

Its really time to change the game plan , I think young Joshs, vision and quick passing could really open things up again for us.

Never expected to saying this but Pieenar seems like a huge opportunity missed watching him for spurs last night he always seemed to be trying to make something happen when on the ball, Hopefully with Yuri and Yossi will be back pushing some of these planks for there places soon enough

Yep seen the links to Pieenar, if we get him, the media willstart calling us "The Hair Bear Bunch!"

Torres always played well with Yossi as well

We should of been playing our replay against Everton tonight , but the Fulham game had to be on Monday for Sky , which means we now have to play on Saturday and if we beat Everton the game against Man U on the 1st of march will be postponed , We must have to play another FA cup game on the Wednesday or something.

All these game piling up on us is not great for the run in ! and I have my bloody flight booked already for the Man U game :mad:

Ah but if we win we will be playing reading that night so its not all bad now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

We should of been playing our replay against Everton tonight , but the Fulham game had to be on Monday for Sky , which means we now have to play on Saturday and if we beat Everton the game against Man U on the 1st of march will be postponed , We must have to play another FA cup game on the Wednesday or something.

All these game piling up on us is not great for the run in ! and I have my bloody flight booked already for the Man U game :mad:

Ah but if we win we will be playing reading that night so its not all bad now

came in here to ask this question, cheers.

its madness playing no game tonight, surely it made more sense to play it and then, no other games needed to be rescheduled.....crazy altogether. i remember united playing 2 games in 48 hours before, surely chelsea could have done it, but also, surely mondays game could have been moved to suit tv over the weekend.

messy set up, though as a united fan, i am really hoping the game on march 1st is off as we have a terrible run of fixtures over the next 3 weeks with 4 away games in a row.

There was no game on Sunday 1.30 so I don't see why we couldn't have played then for Sky instead before Bolton - Everton, then played the FA Cup game tonight. Bit of a joke really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

What a shame we can't utilize Luiz in the CL, what a player he'll be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Dunno how people can say piennar would have been a good buy.Personally thought he was a headless chicken at times on tuesday night..Had pace but little less to his game unless given a lot of space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Soby wrote: »
    Dunno how people can say piennar would have been a good buy.Personally thought he was a headless chicken at times on tuesday night..Had pace but little less to his game unless given a lot of space
    Because around quality players that Chelsea have he would be a good link. That is one of the main things missing at the moment with Malouda and Lampard off the boil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Lukker- wrote: »
    What a shame we can't utilize Luiz in the CL, what a player he'll be.

We can't ? shiiit, didn't know Benfica were in the CL ...

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

And just as annoying .... dont think he can play tomorrow - as its a replay and he was not registered before original fixture. Damn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Drogba Luiz start, and forgotten man Zhirkov on bench.

Delighted that zhirkov is avaliabe again.:D

• Advertisement

Team I want to see for the replay against Everton :

1. David Luiz

2. David Luiz
    3. David Luiz
    4. David Luiz
    5. David Luiz

6. David Luiz
    7. David Luiz
    8. David Luiz

9. David Luiz
    10. David Luiz
    11. David Luiz

:D

We all dream of a team of David Luiz, A team of David Luiz, A team of David Luiz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

gavredking wrote: »
    Team I want to see for the replay against Everton :

1. David Luiz

2. David Luiz
    3. David Luiz
    4. David Luiz
    5. David Luiz

6. David Luiz
    7. David Luiz
    8. David Luiz

9. David Luiz
    10. David Luiz
    11. David Luiz

:D

We all dream of a team of David Luiz, A team of David Luiz, A team of David Luiz :D
    I REPEAT .... he's not playing tomorrow - unless we want to get thrown out for playing an ineligable player :(

I REPEAT .... he's not playing tomorrow - unless we want to get thrown out for playing an ineligable player :(

Dont think Roman has the money to clone 10 more David Luiz anyway so my team of David Luiz is restricted by nature more so then the FA :p

Pity he cant playm would have been an interesting match up against Everton's other big haired mad man.

gavredking wrote: »
    Dont think Roman has the money to clone 10 more David Luiz anyway so my team of David Luiz is restricted by nature more so then the FA :p

Pity he cant playm would have been an interesting match up against Everton's other big haired mad man.

Clone you say? All you need is a lock of his hair! :D

Clone you say? All you need is a lock of his hair! :D

If we only need a lock of it im sure we coudl build an army of David Luiz's :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

This afternoon Carlo said that David Luiz & Drogba will start tomorrow :O

• Advertisement

superfrank wrote: »
    This afternoon Carlo said that David Luiz & Drogba will start tomorrow :O

Must have been a slip of the eyebrow!

Luiz cant play, not registered in time

ANCELOTTI RECALLS DROGBA FOR TOFFEES TIE

Posted on: Fri 18 Feb 2011
    Carlo Ancelotti will unleash Didier Drogba from the start against Everton on Saturday, while Yury Zhirkov will be in the squad for the first time since November.
    The Russian international last featured in our 3-0 defeat against Sunderland three months ago, but after recovering from a calf injury will be considered for our FA Cup fourth round replay at Stamford Bridge.
    'The good news is that Yury Zhirkov is available to play, he comes back in the squad. He will not start but I hope he will have an opportunity after,' the manager said.
    'Drogba will start, but I have to choose the striker to use with Drogba.
    I saw the same Didier, in focus on the training working hard with good motivation and I think he will play a fantastic game.'
    New signings David Luiz and Fernando Torres are both ineligible, Luiz because he was not registered prior to the first meeting on January 29, and Torres for the same reason but also because he appeared for Liverpool in round three.
    That aside, Ancelotti expects to field as strong a side as possible as we seek to progress on home soil, ignoring the distractions of Premier and Champions Leagues.
    'The FA Cup is another competition, it is a different story', he explained. 'We did very well last year, we won and want to repeat it this year. Everton is a very difficult game, every time we play against them we have difficulties but we want to win and do our best to move on and play against Reading next week.
    'It is not necessary to rest players. Maybe I can change, to rotate something, but not because we want to prepare for the game against Copenhagen [on Tuesday]. That is a different story, we want to use all our power, strength and ability to win against Everton. It could be good for the atmosphere to win that game and prepare well for the start of the Champions League.'
    The FA Cup has been described as a sideshow to the more prestigious trophies but Ancelotti believes it retains its appeal, and wants Chelsea to become the first side to win three in a row since Blackburn in the mid-1880s.
    'It is another extra motivation for this reason and we want to do our best tomorrow,' he said. 'From tomorrow we are able to move on and have a possibility not to win but our aim is to play in the semi-final at Wembley.
    'I like this competition. I like it because it is exciting to have a replay if there is a draw and to play on Saturdays. It's an important competition to play on Saturday so to put it during the week it is possible that it could lose importance.'
    'Tomorrow's replay and the date of the possible fifth round tie against Reading, March 1, means we could fall further behind the pacesetters in the league, though Ancelotti insists this is no major concern with games in hand.
    'I think at the end they will play 38 games and we have to play 38 games. Now we are in fifth position, but this is our problem, we have to work quickly to arrive in the first four places.
    'It's not good, we have to be honest. Now our table in the Premier League is not good but we have the possibility to improve.'
    Everton manager David Moyes is hoping Chelsea will have one mind on the Champions League as he brings his squad south.
    'Chelsea are wanting to get to the final stages and I'm hoping they've got that on their minds. I hope they're thinking about that more than our game,' he admitted.
    'They think the Champions League is the one thing they'd like to try and win. It is hard for those clubs to keep it up on all fronts, so let's hope the FA Cup is the one they decide they're not that keen on.'
    Moyes will likely be without Louis Saha, who scored their goal in the first game, for tomorrow's game, while Jack Rodwell is also ruled out with a groin problem

3 FA Cups in a row hasnt been done in how long :eek:
    Chelsea to become the first side to win three in a row since Blackburn in the mid-1880s.

Very weird stat that, would be nice to create some history though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Reading in the guardian that PF is playing CB tomorrow. :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

smuckers wrote: »
    Reading in the guardian that PF is playing CB tomorrow. :eek:

Ah no :( Saha will kill us again.

Ah no :( Saha will kill us again.

Saha's not playing (Unless Moyes is pulling a Fergie)

From CFC club
    Moyes will likely be without Louis Saha, who scored their goal in the first game, for tomorrow's game, while Jack Rodwell is also ruled out with a groin problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I don't believe it, bet he'll play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ara wannnnnnnnnnk, just realised the game is on ESPN.
    Me no gots that channel.

I predict we will start slowly and lethargic like we always do under ancelotti. I can't remember a single game where we came out really fired up. I dont mean to be negative about it but I fear that thats what will happen. I have a feeling that everton will nick it 1-2.

I would like chelsea to line up as follows
    cech
    bos
    ivan----jt
    cole
    mikel

ramires---maceachran
    ---Kalou----drogs----anelka

I think anelka is more effective cutting in from the left. Drop lamps and essien who are out of form.

NO FERREIRA, DEAR GOD NO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I would like chelsea to line up as follows
    cech
    bos
    ivan----jt
    cole
    mikel

ramires---maceachran
    ---Kalou----drogs----anelka
    [/SIZE]

+1 on that team, Josh is deserving of a game especially now that Lampard has been out of sorts (in saying that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lampard plays today and has a blinder of a game!)
    If Paulo does play, he will have play the way he did against Spurs in December (think it was Spurs, he basically stuck to Bale as best he could and had Ivanovic in covering for him)

Well I hope lamps has a good game, needs to get his form going for the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Seriously has some voodoo witch doctor put a curse on Chelsea lately ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I think Torres is yer new Shevchenco:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Based on 2 games ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

So immediately after Chelsea lose a game that Torres was ineligible to even play in, you come out with this ****e?

Trolls really aren't what they used to be

I am embarresed that you are the same species as me:o

• Advertisement

Im nailing my colors to the mast now , I thinking Carlos tactics are to blame for inept form of late, maybe him and butch worked well but him and clement or what ever the other lads name is , aint working what so ever.

We are terrible to watch , there is no spark , all the players look labored , everton were the better Team today , again we could not score in 90 minutes.

I think Carlos time has come. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

At this stage I don't care if he gets the sack, we have the best starting 11 in the league and we still look like a mid table side. Part of the managers job is to instill the correct mentality in his players and at this stage its pretty obvious that for whatever reason, Carlo isn't doing this.

I'd love hiddink to come in for a few months, I know it won't happen but maybe the team would play with some passion.

Malouda, lamps, kalou, anelka and essien can **** off

I hope ancellotti shows some balls and drops malouda, anelka and possibly a few other for the champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

With all these appreciation threads going around, i'm surprised that there has been no mention of Nicolas Anelka.

I'd like to mention that i'm a Liverpool supporter, but i have serious love for the man. It really gets to me when i hear "reputable" journalists and football fans speak of his "questionable attitude". This attitude based on him taking a stand against an incompetent national coach in the shape of Raymond Domenech (along with a handful of other players), and an apparent lack of enthusiasm when he was a teenager?

As far as i can tell, his attitude hasn't changed since he was a 17 year old at Arsenal; he does plenty of work for the team and, as much as i'm not a fan of talking about role models, he is the ultimate role model for kids looking to play football. He is like the anti Cristiano Ronaldo when it comes to on-field behaviour. Of all the players i've watched playing football his attitude is the best. I'm sure there are one or two exceptions but it is no exaggeration to say he doesn't dive, he doesn't commit reckless challenges, he doesn't look to get people booked, he doesn't get in the ref's face, and i'm not sure i've seen him appeal for a throw-in that he knew wasn't his. And people speak about his questionable attitude? For me, Liverpool failing to sign an interested Nicolas Anelka after his loan spell was an awful decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

I'd love hiddink to come in for a few months, I know it won't happen but maybe the team would play with some passion.

Malouda, lamps, kalou, anelka and essien can **** off

:confused:

1mcampo1 wrote: »
    :confused:

Essien needs to be dropped, lamps also and malouda is a waste of space.

Essien is a great player but he is out of form, he needs some time on the bench for a rest. We cant keep playing players that are failing time and time again.

At least we get to play United in the league next. :rolleyes:

Johner wrote: »
    At least we get to play United in the league next. :rolleyes:

when were 5 points behind spuds at that stage. We are going to need to rebuild in the summer, new manager, lots of new players and try next year to go for the title and get ourselves back in the champions league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Essien needs to be dropped, lamps also and malouda is a waste of space.

Essien is a great player but he is out of form, he needs some time on the bench for a rest. We cant keep playing players that are failing time and time again.

The whole team is out of form, not just said players. It would be a real knee jerk to get rid of malouda and lampard. Kalou i think is a good squad/impact player, but agree, should be no where near the starting line up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement