Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

How about hughes with Di Matteo as his assistant until end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Lads- I stand by what I've said in the past about Ramieres and I also stand by what I said about wanting to be proved wrong. Yes, he's getting better but still too easy to knock off the ball for a midfielder. I don't just come on here to troll the Ramieres lovers I just give my opinion as a lifelong fan.
    As I've said he's not the only problem.
    On a side note, did the players love ray that they are still sore about the face that Carlo didn't put his foot down to keep him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

MUSEIST wrote: »
    How about hughes with Di Matteo as his assistant until end of season.

The hottest property at the moment is Andre Villas Boas. I think he's worked at Chelsea before with Mourinho. He might be someone Abramovich is lining up.

The hottest property at the moment is Andre Villas Boas. I think he's worked at Chelsea before with Mourinho. He might be someone Abramovich is lining up.

Yeah he was at chelsea with mourinhno but I'm just not sure he is experienced enough to tick all the boxes for roman. Remember that roman like 'yes' men who will not kick up too much of a fuss. I would love villa boas, an exciting young manager and he knows the club already but I d'ont see it happening unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

The hottest property at the moment is Andre Villas Boas.

Hottest property at the moment is 'arry:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Yeah he was at chelsea with mourinhno but I'm just not sure he is experienced enough to tick all the boxes for roman. Remember that roman like 'yes' men who will not kick up too much of a fuss. I would love villa boas, an exciting young manager and he knows the club already but I d'ont see it happening unfortunately.

Roy+Hodgson.jpg

flahavaj wrote: »
    Roy+Hodgson.jpg

Oh dear:(

BERBA wrote: »
    Hottest property at the moment is 'arry:p

Oh look, its the spurs fan on the chelsea thread, again:rolleyes:

Oh look, its the spurs fan on the chelsea thread, again:rolleyes:

and?

• Advertisement

and?

...scurry along over to the spurs thread with your excellent and in depth contributions, thanks;)

...scurry along over to the spurs thread with your excellent and in depth contributions, thanks;)

didnt realise i needed your permission to post here:confused:

Simple mistake, just remember that in future, good lad:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Now now lads.save the aggro for the fight over 4th place........:D

dahat wrote: »
    Now now lads.save the aggro for the fight over 4th place........:D

4th place? , were going 3rd tuesday night;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Chelsea Youth
    Guy Hillion, #CFC French scout, confirms he will leave the club in April to join Nantes as Sporting Director.

Gillhaus (end of contract), Arnesen, Congerton (HSV), Hillion (Nantes), wouldn't be surprised if others were on their way too.

Congerton's departure means another change in scouting department this summer, quite a few names are departing for elsewhere.

Frank Arnesen will join Hamburg in the summer as Director of Football, joined by #CFC Chief Scout Lee Congerton, who will be Tech Director.

That's a lot of departures. Looks like a real shake up will be taking place this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Still confident of finishing 3rd as others are too beatable

Not a chance ..... 5th at best ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

the_monkey wrote: »
    Not a chance ..... 5th at best ...

There the door..... kindy close it on your way out! even when things were going good your posts were 99% negative, now things are not going great your posts are just getting worse. I really do think your berba in disguise! :pac:

The way i see things at the minute is that we most defiantly can't get any worse, so i'm thinking positive and saying to myself the only way is up!!!

There the door..... kindy close it on your way out! even when things were going good your posts were 99% negative, now things are not going great your posts are just getting worse. I really do think your berba in disguise! :pac:

The way i see things at the minute is that we most defiantly can't get any worse, so i'm thinking positive and saying to myself the only way is up!!!

Take that back , you wont ever see BERBA turning on his beloved.

Take that back , you wont ever see BERBA turning on his beloved.

I'm not turning on my team - im just stating hard cold FACTS

I see Arneson is leaving, not surprised really, who would want to stay on a sinking ship...

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Been said before but worth repeating. Most football clubs would kill to have the problems that Chelsea are having right now.
    I see Arneson is leaving, not surprised really, who would want to stay on a sinking ship...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Not bringing on Josh for Frank after 60mins today was criminal.

Just one of a number of tactical boo boos by Ancelotti lately. What ever happened to getting a goal and making it mighty difficult for the opposing team to score (Mourinho tactic).
    Playing Torres from the off being another.......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

That was announced many months (November I think) ago that he would not be staying on , its just been said again because of the confirmation that he is going to Hamburg.

Stop with negative crap , write it in a diary or something instead of infesting the thread with it please.

That was announced many months (November I think) ago that he would not be staying on , its just been said again because of the confirmation that he is going to Hamburg.

Stop with negative crap , write it in a diary or something instead of infesting the thread with it please.

LOL, I often come in here thinking I'll and have a bit of fun at yeer expense. Then I realise ye have the monkey to contend with and take pity on ye.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Cheer up all

Just think, if Arsenal beat Barca, and then Leyton Orient draw with Arsenal, does that mean Orient should be in the CL final?!:eek:

And remember, we'll have Torres back for us on Tuesday, and now we get to play Man U the week after that! :eek::eek::eek:

Season defining or what?

Plus Jesper is still going, remember that wonderful goal he scored against the Pool that ushered in the Roman Era?

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRFgyWziMJw

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

LOL, I often come in here thinking I'll and have a bit of fun at yeer expense. Then I realise ye have the monkey to contend with and take pity on ye.:pac:

I know its bloody disgraceful , there has been a lack of the usual goings on cause people see we have our own in house troll .

Bring back CHD

Cheer up all

Just think, if Arsenal beat Barca, and then Leyton Orient draw with Arsenal, does that mean Orient should be in the CL final?!:eek:

And remember, we'll have Torres back for us on Tuesday, and now we get to play Man U the week after that! :eek::eek::eek:

Season defining or what?

Plus Jesper is still going, remember that wonderful goal he scored against the Pool that ushered in the Roman Era?

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRFgyWziMJw

Good memories from that liverpool game. Interestingly raneiri has resigned from roma, could that mean they will try to bring ancellotti in. Will be interesting to see what happens there.

All right enough is enough so.

Feeling positive about Copenhagen, I think Torres will get his 1st few Chelsea goals, we should beat them 2-0.

We will also beat Man United to get us vital 3 pts in stamford bridge the following Tuesday.

Feeling positive about Copenhagen, I think Torres will get his 1st few Chelsea goals, we should beat them 2-0.

We will also beat Man United to get us vital 3 pts in stamford bridge the following Tuesday.

I think copenhagen will be really tough, a 0-0 would be a good result imo

Hmmm well they have only just come out of their winter break, so we SHOULD be fitter and faster

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/20/fc-copenhagen-chelsea-champions-league

• Advertisement

0-0 is negative thinking, we don't need that **** now .....

we need away goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

0-0 is negative thinking, we don't need that **** now .....

we need away goals.

= you

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

this has to be the poorest chelsea i have seen in recent years . the two new signings havent papered over the cracks at all in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

long term lurker here. Blues fan since waaaay back. '72.

Its a period of transition thats all. a normal part of the life cycle. Its painful for us to watch at the moment. hesitation, fear. it will come right. form is temporary. dont worry.

Very impressed with Ramires since day 1, an intelligent player, just needs to bulk up a bit. Luiz looks absolutely class. JT, Frank and Didier are getting on.

We will look back on this decade with such joy. I only too well remember the club nearly sinking under the weight of the East Stand back in '74.

Its all good.

Love you forever Chelsea.

Im going with you here , we need a massive performance and I think a lot of players have points to prove and were going to have a cracking game on Tuesday night :D

deise48 wrote: »
    this has to be the poorest chelsea i have seen in recent years . the two new signings havent papered over the cracks at all in my opinion

The 2 new signing have not even had a chance yet. Luiz is absolute class and torres will be a great replacement for didier over the next 5 years. The problem with this team is on midfield at the moment.

My team to face Copenhagen

Cech
    Bosingwa
    Ivanovic----Terry
    Cole

Mikel

Ramires
    McEachran

Kalou
    Zhirkov
    -
    Torres

It's never going to be the team, with Carlo in charge, but at least there is a bit of energy and pace in there. I think the above team leaves out all players playing below par.

At this stage I don't think there's much that can be done, so why not give Josh a start, put Yuri out wide and Torres up top and give him 90 mins.

That team is more than capable of doing the job required.

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    long term lurker here. Blues fan since waaaay back. '72.

Its a period of transition thats all. a normal part of the life cycle. Its painful for us to watch at the moment. hesitation, fear. it will come right. form is temporary. dont worry.

Very impressed with Ramires since day 1, an intelligent player, just needs to bulk up a bit. Luiz looks absolutely class. JT, Frank and Didier are getting on.

We will look back on this decade with such joy. I only too well remember the club nearly sinking under the weight of the East Stand back in '74.

Its all good.

Love you forever Chelsea.

God, that bloody East Stand! Do you remember how it was going to blow hot air under the seats?!
    And the "Save the Bridge" campeign. We nearly moved to Loftus Road, but for the new Labour council reversing the descision!

Now thats what I call a crisis!

Ossie Osgood was my first hero, "The King of Stamford Bridge", him and Cooke and Hudson, beating Real Madrid, We were the fancy dans, the Arsenal of our day, playing pretty football and never really having much to show for it!

Arghh, misty eyed jumpers for goalposts stuff

Hopefully Torres will step up to the plate and inspire a whole new generation of Chelsea-ites

C'mon the Blues!

I like that team gonzo, loads of pace to counter attack and yes to maceachran. Unfortunately we will probably have lamps, malouda, essien in there.

• Advertisement

The 2 new signing have not even had a chance yet. Luiz is absolute class and torres will be a great replacement for didier over the next 5 years. The problem with this team is on midfield at the moment.

And the managers tactics :pac::pac::pac:

There is huge momentum on the shed chat calling for Carlo to go , nearly every post is calling for his head over the tactics and how he does not be seem to be able to pull us out of this free fall we are in.

One more bad result at home could be the end of him , The boo boys will out in force for the next game.

Although he is not alone for criticism in my book ,

WTF was Drogba doing prancing about for 10-15 mins from a little tap on the back of his leg , should get a serious dressing down for his performance.

Malouda : Couldn't be arsed , looks so uninterested its sicking, the ring incident just topped it all off for me , the sooner the better the waster is out of the club , id happily watch Kalou cause at least you know he is giving his all. And the lad looks like he has pilled on the pounds !

Lampard : Well a great servent over the years , but is so off the pace at the moment , I really dont know what is up with him , he needs to get dropped, bring in Josh , again physically does not look in great shap

Essien : Although playing brutal still gives his all.

Anelka : Should be fined a weeks wages for that nonchalant peno, a complete lack of respect for the club and fans to take a peno like that, disgusted me , and my views on him at the moment would not be too far off that of Malouda.

Well with that out of the way is anyone getting tickets for the City match in the morning :D they go on sale to members at 7 am

I wonder will Carlo be tempted to jump ship to Roma? He ha stated in the past that he would love to go there. Could be the best solution all round. But who do we bring in???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

If Chelsea do decide to replace their manager who would Chelsea fans like to see replace Carlo?
    Maybe Jose to return?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I wonder will Carlo be tempted to jump ship to Roma? He ha stated in the past that he would love to go there. Could be the best solution all round. But who do we bring in???
    I think he played for Roma early in his career so that wouldn't be a bad shout

amiable wrote: »
    If Chelsea do decide to replace their manager who would Chelsea fans like to see replace Carlo?
    Maybe Jose to return?

Bring back Guss !

amiable wrote: »
    Maybe Jose to return?

I actually really like Carlo and he has done great things for the club. But his tactical naiveity has really been shown up since November. He just seems to lack the ability to change the game, saying that one of our main problems is the lack of natural width. Perhaps it would have been more prudent to have signed a winger in January instead of Torres. Adding width to our team would make a huge difference and I think will be looked at in the winter with the likely departures of Anelka and Malouda.

I really don't have a clue who will managing us at the start of next season, I believe it won't be Carlo. On Jose coming back, it would be a huge boost for the fans and some of the players, but could Roman ever work with him again or vise versa?

• Advertisement

So the consensus is Carlo out?

Here we have the downside to buying success, the managerial merry-go-round begins again in earnest.

Here we have the downside to buying success, the managerial merry-go-round begins again in earnest.

No I'm not for Carlo leaving, but I think he will. He won a fantastic double last season and should be given the opportunity to turn it around, if he still has the desire to do so. I'm not sure he has. He has looked nonchalant on the sideline recently and some of his interviews have been very strange.

Its coming down to how we are playing football , were terrible to watch , lack urgency , lack ambition and Carlo is the man in charge and the man that needs to change it badly .

But he does not seem to want to do that , keeps sticking with the old stuttering guard .

The game against Everton was dreadful , the tactics , I cant honestly comprehend what the tactics actually were but we spent more time passing the ball backwards than towards the Everton goal line.

We have no width and teams have really clicked onto that this season , choke the middle of the park and were done , its Carlo's Job to change things about when that happens but he has not been able to do it.

The game against Inter Milan at the bridge last season , Jose got his tactics spot on and Carlo didnt , I didnt think too much of it at the time but as I have said every other team in the league it seems must have watched the video of that game and now know how to shut us out, pack the middle of the park.

Buying success :pac::pac::pac: come back to me next season when Man U are splashing the cash they supposedly have and give me that line.

Any club wanting to break into the top tier will have to spend to get in there simple as .

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Obviously Carlo done excellent last year in winning the double but in fairness he seems lost and out of ideas at the minute.

He doesn't change tactics or keeps much the same team week in week out. I don't understand why he didn't use the likes of McEachran or Sturridge more this season. Surely we couldn't of being in a worse position than we are now.

TBH I don't see McEachran starting a premier league this season. Carlo plays it too safe. Maybe he would of started against Copenhagen but since our form is so bad, I'd imagine he will stick with the same. With Lampard playing so poorly, I think McEachran is the man (or boy) we need to play the killer pass to Torres

I Do think Torres will eventually come good and start banging in goals, he is a class act in fairness.

Hope for a good performance on Tuesday and maybe even Carlo even surprise us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Interestingly raneiri has resigned from roma, could that mean they will try to bring ancellotti in. Will be interesting to see what happens there.
    Would love to have Ranieri back!
    He signed 2 of our most important players of the last 10 years in Cech and Lamps.
    Ranieri and Zola as his assistant would be perfect.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement