Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Blast from the past.

Ex-Chelsea player Jesper Gronkjaer will play against us tonight. Liked him when he played for us and must say was surprised to hear he was still playing at a decent level:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2011/02/22/2363331/jesper-gronkjaer-adamant-former-club-chelsea-will-be-in-for

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gavredking wrote: »
    I dont think we will have much to worry about tingiht lads, once we take a lead back to The Bridge we will be sorted.

I think we are going to go win 2-0 anyway, Copenhagen haven't played a competitive game in weeks, although in saying that they could very easily park the bus and stiffle us going forward and hit us on the counter, seems to be the best way to beat us.
    You started off your post so positive :D
    Seriously i think Chelsea will get at least a score draw tonight but more likely they will win imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gronkjaer was so frustrating, reminded me a lot of SWP, but still he had a stormer against Liverpool and scored that lovely goal that got us into the Champions League and that was the reason Abramovich invested in Chelsea, gotta love Jesper for that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Remember watching that game in the pub with my mate , who's a big Liverpool fan.

Happy days!
    Johner wrote: »
    Gronkjaer was so frustrating, reminded me a lot of SWP, but still he had a stormer against Liverpool and scored that lovely goal that got us into the Champions League and that was the reason Abramovich invested in Chelsea, gotta love Jesper for that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I dont think we will have much to worry about tingiht lads, once we take a lead back to The Bridge we will be sorted.

I think we are going to go win 2-0 anyway, Copenhagen haven't played a competitive game in weeks, although in saying that they could very easily park the bus and stiffle us going forward and hit us on the counter, seems to be the best way to beat us.

Yep going for a Chelsea win as well. I think Copenhagens fitness levels will be a factor, they will tire in the second half, but I reckon Torres will score in the first half anyway.
    I expect to see Chelsea get off to a fast start, they should be well keyed up for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Yep going for a Chelsea win as well. I think Copenhagens fitness levels will be a factor, they will tire in the second half, but I reckon Torres will score in the first half anyway.
    I expect to see Chelsea get off to a fast start, they should be well keyed up for it

Thats what I can see happening, Copenhagen pushing hard but ultimately their lack of games will tell.
    Johner wrote: »

+ a billion :pac: He got us into the CL with a great effort against Liverpool and ushered in the Roman Revolution. Thanks for the memories Jesper, that game will live long in the memory.

amiable wrote: »
    You started off your post so positive :D
    Seriously i think Chelsea will get at least a score draw tonight but more likely they will win imo

Im very positive about tonights game, we got arguably the "softest" draw. I use the word sfotest lightly though as any game at this level can turn around and bite ya. I expect a win, no matter how Copenhagen setup or go about there game plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Copenhagen are pretty good very solid defensively don't threaten much going forward though. Wouldn't be surprised with a nil nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6771653,00.html

When Carlo does eventually move back to Italy to manage the national team or Roma, I'd doubt you'd find many Chelsea fans who wouldn't welcome back Jose with open arms.

Lukker- wrote: »

When Carlo does eventually move back to Italy to manage the national team or Roma, I'd doubt you'd find many Chelsea fans who wouldn't back Jose with open arms.

I love Jose as much as the next cfc fan :eek:
    But he does bring baggage!
    Some of the games were so boring and frustrating to watch, the media attention was unbeliveable and could he really work with Roman, and his knee jerk sackings and purchases?

• Advertisement

He won't come back, I'd love to see it though.

When Carlo does eventually move back to Italy to manage the national team or Roma, I'd doubt you'd find many Chelsea fans who wouldn't welcome back Jose with open arms.

I've always missed Jose as do nearly all the Chelsea Fans, I seen that interview on Sky today on lunch, and honestly, when he does eventually win it all at Madird I can see him coming back to us, Ive said it too Man Utd buddies who think he will replace Fergie that they have it wrong, I dont see him ever managing anyone in England otehr then us, just as I cant see him joining AC Milan or Barcelona in the futurem just to much history with their closet rivals, time will tell though.
    I love Jose as much as the next cfc fan :eek:
    But he does bring baggage!
    Some of the games were so boring and frustrating to watch, the media attention was unbeliveable and could he really work with Roman, and his knee jerk sackings and purchases?

Jose Mourihno > The rest.

Id have him back in a heart beat. The way he has started his coaching career leads me too believe he will go down as one of, if not the best of all time, he certainly has the C.V. for it and hes only going to add too it.

If the opportunity to bring Jose back ever happens, I can easily say I'll be overjoyed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

to be fair to Avram, he has some of the best stats of any Chelsea manager but he was never going to be RA 1st choice, he was a stop gap and I think he knew it, he had very little pressure and nearly pulled off an a great double, a double we lost to Man Utd :(

I'll never forget that CL night, still hurts tot alk about it really. I think we will get our bit of luck though and win it in the next 5 years.

For me the most painfull time as a Chelsea fan was "that" equalizer at the bridge.
    10x worse then Terry slipping on his arse, of course being in Barcelona
    in a bar full of culés (ultra Barça heads) and being assaulted by one of the
    catalan nazi thugs didn't exactly help.

Anyone else back home or in Englerland feel this way ?

the_monkey wrote: »
    For me the most painfull time as a Chelsea fan was "that" equalizer at the bridge.

Yeah that did hurt, you almost knew it was coming though, Chelsea always seem to build you up so they can break you down.

You just knew the 3 clear penalties and Drogba and Belletti not taking his chances that something was going to go wrong.

What was worse is that we never got a chance to correct 2008 that year...

Both those games are ones that we should have put the bed earlier, in Moscow when Lamps and Drog hit the post - we did everything except score in that second half.

Iniesta's equaliser was heart wrenching, mainly due to the fact that over two legs we were the better team and kept an exceptional team quite andmaily down to the worse officiating I've seen at a game of that level.

We should have had at least 1 penalty and possibily 3, if memory serves me right, they should have had at least 1 more player sent off, an absolute shambles from the referee. Ive never felt so cheated in such a long time and only Henry's hand has some what erased that game from memory.

Yeah that did hurt, you almost knew it was coming though, Chelsea always seem to build you up so they can break you down.

You just knew the 3 clear penalties and Drogba and Belletti not taking his chances that something was going to go wrong.

What was worse is that we never got a chance to correct 2008 that year...

Both those games are ones that we should have put the bed earlier, in Moscow when Lamps and Drog hit the post - we did everything except score in that second half.

I've been saying it for awhiel now, you need luck to win the CL, and we haven't had our share of it, in 2006 (iirc) we beat Bacrelona in the quarters and we got lucky that year as Carvalho dragged Valdes away from a corner to allow Terry to score buit since then we haven't had a major slice of luck that you need to win this competition.

Hell, against Liverpool in the semi's, Garcia had a shot that was very hard to call if it was across the line or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I've been saying it for awhiel now, you need luck to win the CL, and we haven't had our share of it, in 2006 (iirc) we beat Bacrelona in the quarters and we got lucky that year as Carvalho dragged Valdes away from a corner to allow Terry to score buit since then we haven't had a major slice of luck that you need to win this competition.

Hell, against Liverpool in the semi's, Garcia had a shot that was very hard to call if it was across the line or not.

Yeah we have had our fair share of bad luck
    Garcia's goal
    GudJohnson in the last minute of that game missing.
    Drogba getting sent off thus not taking a peno and terry missing.
    No peno against Barcelona.
    And if only Ballack had not ducked.
    Now I'm depressed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

No dout about it...you neeed luck.last year against inter we had a peno claim but the better team went through ino. Theres a video on youtube which shows we had 7 claims against barca at stamford bridge 2 years ago...crazy!!

anyways tonight will tell alot about the teams spirit..imo it has being missing the last few games.... Starting the game at a high tempo is a must also!!

Iniesta's equaliser was heart wrenching, mainly due to the fact that over two legs we were the better team and kept an exceptional team quite andmaily down to the worse officiating I've seen at a game of that level.

We should have had at least 1 penalty and possibily 3, if memory serves me right, they should have had at least 1 more player sent off, an absolute shambles from the referee. Ive never felt so cheated in such a long time and only Henry's hand has some what erased that game from memory.

Yep, as the guardian put it - "Refeering incompetence of historic proportions"

superfrank wrote: »
    No dout about it...you neeed luck.last year against inter we had a peno claim but the better team went through ino. Theres a video on youtube which shows we had 7 claims against barca at stamford bridge 2 years ago...crazy!!

anyways tonight will tell alot about the teams spirit..imo it has being missing the last few games.... Starting the game at a high tempo is a must also!!

Thought Inter beat us in every aspect of the game over 2 legs and it showed the pwoer of Mourihno, coz if that Inter team came to the Bridge now I wouldnt fear them a year on.
    Yep, as the guardian put it - "Refeering incompetence of historic proportions"

Perfect quote to some it actually, ive never been so pissed off with a group of officials so much in my life.

• Advertisement

Spurs 2-0 down, nice!

2-0 away to a side that has never been beaten at home in the CL. Nothing classic.

Job done.

Well in Nic.

Spurs 3-0 down now, even better :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Spurs lose and we win, we don't get nights like this too often these days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

And I just seen this now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I see a certain Mister Adams wont be able to play when we play Blackpool, picked up a yellow tonight and is out for the Games against Wolves and our good selfs :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Since I have been giving out so much about Carlo of late I think he deserves some credit tonight ,

Really good shape to the team and everyone seemed comfortable with the roles.

Lamaprd and Essein as Butch said just need to get an understanding if one pushes up the other holds back as we have DM covering the line when playing the two up top.

One thing I found a bit strange was on a couple of occasions we got the ball out to either wings and had plenty of space , we seemed to slow it down a good bit .

Could of put the tie to bed tonight , instead Copenhagen are still in with a sniff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Since I have been giving out so much about Carlo of late I think he deserves some credit tonight ,

Really good shape to the team and everyone seemed comfortable with the roles.

Lamaprd and Essein as Butch said just need to get an understanding if one pushes up the other holds back as we have DM covering the line when playing the two up top.

One thing I found a bit strange was on a couple of occasions we got the ball out to either wings and had plenty of space , we seemed to slow it down a good bit .

Could of put the tie to bed tonight , instead Copenhagen are still in with a sniff

Totally agree, bos was really slowing it sown all night for some reason. Lamps had a lot of wayward passes again but wanted the ball more. Disappointed that torres didn't get a goal.

Carlo says the tie isn't over yet but i have to say i disagree.
    Thats just manager speak imo.
    Good night for Chelsea's confidence even though it's an expected result

• Advertisement

Totally agree, bos was really slowing it sown all night for some reason. Lamps had a lot of wayward passes again but wanted the ball more. Disappointed that torres didn't get a goal.

The goals will come he is looking sharper every game and looks like he is settling in nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Torres and Anelka as a partnership definitely looks promising. It was a decent performance all round tonight, hopefully it will flourish.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Torres and Anelka as a partnership definitely looks promising. It was a decent performance all round tonight, hopefully it will flourish.

Trouble is, I cant see Drogba being on the bench for Man U.

Carlo will just always rotate Anelka and Drogba

Be interesting to see if he plays 4-4-2 against Man U as well.

A good night though, especially with Spurs losing, the door has again swung open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I'm beginning to enjoy watching ye play attacking stuff again lads,and that's not as a Blues fan.
    Dread to think when Torres starts scoring freely-that strike force looked good tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think Drogba would be more selfish with the ball than Anelka if partnered with Torres up front I have to say.
    Only one example of such tonight was when Drogba took a shot on from well outside the box just as Torres was getting into a good position. Tonight Anelka was doing his best to get the ball to Torres on quite a few occasions.

Torres is beginning to look really sharp, will we see him in full flight against United...jaysus I hope so!

Nice one about Spurs, really gives us a good chance for 4th!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Did anyone think there was something off about the body language between Torres and Drogba when he came on. Just didn't look like linking up at all.

We played far too slow a pace tonight, especially Bosingwa on the right. Slowed the play right down almost every time he got on the ball in an offensive area.

Lampard tonight seemed to cover more ground than at the weekend. He hit some lovely passes, especially for the second goal, but for every good pass there were 5 misplaced ones.

I thought we looked very unbalanced on the right hand side with Ramires not being a winger, and if we lined up like that against United, they would definitely exploit the space.

I'm happy with the result tonight, I thought it would be far more difficult but at the end of the day Copenhagen were dreadful and gave us so much space and time on the ball. Next weekend will be a different story, and I really feel we are going to struggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

One half decent game against rubbish opposition does not make a good partenship, nor can it be called the start of one. Torres looking much better. Anelka has upped his game since Torres signed which is a good sign but Drog seems to be having a little pissy fit and not warming up with the team was bad form tonight.
    Good results all round tonight though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Delighted with all the results tonight, and spurs lose, YES, ****in yes.

Good performance from chelsea today.

Positives.
    Anelka and torres look good toghether. Work rate in midfield was good, especially essien.

Torres did not score but always looked dangerous, on another night could have had 2. He seems to be improving with every game.

Oh and spurs lost, yes, ****ing yes.:D:D:D Berba where are yeah, you are normally on here when chelsea play.:D:D

Well lads having missing the match im just going by what your all saying and it seems possitive.Those you saying bout Bos slowing us down on the right i wouldnt worry bout as we are gonna Have Ivan there for Prem games and have Luiz in the middle.Cant Luiz not play at all for us in the CL.Even at a later stage?

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Cant Luiz not play at all for us in the CL.Even at a later stage?

Nope :(

Soby wrote: »
    Well lads having missing the match im just going by what your all saying and it seems possitive.Those you saying bout Bos slowing us down on the right i wouldnt worry bout as we are gonna Have Ivan there for Prem games and have Luiz in the middle.Cant Luiz not play at all for us in the CL.Even at a later stage?
    Well if Chelsea ask nicely you never know they might change their mind

TBH last night was a walk in the park but Copenhagen had one or two half chances, we have to score first at The Bridge to completly kill the tie and settle any doubts.

Torres was good, goals will come, the main thing is he doesnt look to be frustrated even though he really is trying to score and was unlucky with his left leg effort that he couldnt get it away from the keeper.

Even better news last night was Spurs losing, having watched the game I cant see how they didnt put away at least 3 good chances through out the game.

All right enough is enough so.

Feeling positive about Copenhagen, I think Torres will get his 1st few Chelsea goals, we should beat them 2-0.

WOW !!! A postive prediction from me is spot on (apart from Torres scoring ;) ) !!!!!

From now on nothing but positivity from me !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Something doesn't seem right about Drogba. He wouldn't warm up with the rest of the subs last night, even ray wilkins made a comment that he should of being out there with his teammates.

IMO when he came on the partnership between himself & torres didn't seem great. He went for mad shot with torres outside him. Hopefully they can play together soon enough but in fairness the Anelka/Torres partnership worked very well and Torres was unlucky not to score.

superfrank wrote: »
    Something doesn't seem right about Drogba. He wouldn't warm up with the rest of the subs last night, even ray wilkins made a comment that he should of being out there with his teammates.

IMO when he came on the partnership between himself & torres didn't seem great. He went for mad shot with torres outside him. Hopefully they can play together soon enough but in fairness the Anelka/Torres partnership worked very well and Torres was unlucky not to score.

Well we have 2 other strikers that arent bad, so its not really a problem any more!
    Will Drogba start against Man U. Thats the 50 million dollar question!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6773351,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

ca_2566448.jpg

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti admits being coach of former club Roma remains just a dream.
    The under-fire Chelseaspacer.gif boss is being strongly tipped to take charge at the Stadio Olimpico this summer.
    The Eternal City outfit have just parted company with coach Claudio Ranierispacer.gif and appointed the hugely inexperienced Vincenzo Montellaspacer.gif in his place.
    Montella insisted he is not a caretaker just keeping the managerial bench warm for Ancelotti - but reports in Italy insist the Chelsea boss will be taking charge of the Giallorossi come the summer.
    But Ancelotti insists that he remains committed to Chelsea, telling Mediaset Premium: "Coaching Roma.spacer.gif For the moment it remains a dream.
    "It's my dream and I've always said this, but for the moment it remains so.
    "I feel good here (at Chelsea)."
    Ancelotti spent eight years with Roma during his distinguished player career and has been in charge at Stamford Bridge since 2009

Well if Carlo does go, there is not many top class managers that we could replace him with.

If he goes Id love to see Hiddink back or even the Special 1 to come back but they are more dreams then anything else. I dont think he will walk away anyway so unless he is pushed he wont be joining Roma in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Carlo would be on a hiding to nothing if he went to Roma, the club is broke, if he gets us into the Champions League for next season he will still be at the Bridge. If we miss out on fourth/win the CL, then I can't really see him hanging on.

Jose is doing his usual "keep myself in the British Media" thing. He loves, depending on the month, British Football/Chelsea/Inter/Madrid/International Manager/Porto all to varying degrees.

Still love him for what he did at Chelsea but he isn't going to come back to us is he.

Incidentally, although I am in a minority of one, I think Claudio would have won us the league the season Jose took over anyway. Hes still a legend to me for getting us 4th place without spending a penny in 02/03 and looking on wikipedia we apparently had second best defense in league that year.

Why aren't we playing this weekend ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement