Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 10/11 (mod warning in post #7124)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hardly front page news though :P More likely off field related, I would imagine.
    Roman buys a bigger boat to store his boat in.
    Tabloids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's gotta be John Terry. What's he, or is ma, or his da, or his brother done now??

I'm sure it'll be a good news story though. NOTW love nothing more than a good news story!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ashley Cole has "allegedly" shot a member of the Chelsea backroom staff with an air rifle? WTF? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Imagine another story about Ashley Cole where they really want to tell the truth about him but are restricted and instead tell a trivial story instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

amiable wrote: »
    Imagine another story about Ashley Cole where they really want to tell the truth about him but are restricted and instead tell a trivial story instead

What like, after he shot the guy he took a picture of his wang and sent it to the victims missus? :pac:

He has a screw loose......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

What like, after he shot the guy he took a picture of his wang and sent it to the victims missus? :pac:

He has a screw loose......
    Yes something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Breaking news: cole is a complete yob of an individual, shocker:eek:. Seriously what has this **** got to do with football, and yet there are so called football journalists reporting on it. I could not be less intereted in what childish behaviour cole gets up to as long as his performances on the pitch continue to be decent. Some of those journalists are more interested in the gossip than anything which happens on the pitch:rolleyes:

Jaysus Sparky Hughes hasn't aged at tall.
    GULLIT AND HUGHES TAKE THEIR LEGENDS PLACE

And the two new arrivals seem to be having a major impact too according to JT.
    TERRY: REIGNITED

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Kakuta on the bench for Fulham

• Advertisement

great result for West Ham today, keeps a bit of daylight between us and Pool too. Hopefully we can get the 3 points against United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Win our game in hand on Spurs and our two games in hand on City and we are 3rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Johner wrote: »
    Win our game in hand on Spurs and our two games in hand on City and we are 3rd.

yere next 2 home games huge ...utd and city:eek:

Blackpool in between could be tricky, as you should know. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Blackpool in between could be tricky, as you should know. ;)

Dont mention the war , nah should be a handy one for ya with adam and dj campbell both suspended.

Forgot about Campbell actually, both huge misses! Heading over to it myself, would be nice to get an away win as there hasn't been many this season!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Has ashley cole now more shots on target than torres?

Did you think of that all by yourself? ;)

Jesus, that was a witty one.
    Shame it only took what, 20 odd hours to come up with?
    Career in showbiz beckons surely.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Torres is waiting to score against a BIG club, :D

Predictions for Tuesday?I can see a draw, United have been fairly muck away from home would love us to sneak a win but can't see it.

Wonder will mr rooney be banned?

Doubt it, it wouldn't be a bad thing for them though Hernandez is a better option for them at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I love the way you put shots in bold, it wasn't exactly a subtle or high brow dig, I reckon we would have figured it out. :pac:

From a fairness point of view, Rooney should receive some punishment from the FA as it was clearly malicious and potentially dangerous.

However, I'm not that concerned about whether or not he plays against us, on current form, Berbatov and Chico are far more potent threats imo.

• Advertisement

Last eight games at the Bridge against United makes for happy viewing!

2002/03 Drew 2-2
    2003/04 Chelsea won 1-0
    2004/05 Chelsea won 1-0
    2005/06 Chelsea won 3-0
    2006/07 Drew 0-0
    2007/08 Chelsea won 2-1
    2008/09 Drew 1-1
    2009/10 Chelsea won 1-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The FA really shouldnt take action against Rooney (wrongly imo) because the ref dealt with it at the time (again wrongly) and they didnt take action earlier this season when there was a similar incident involving a player from another team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Last eight games at the Bridge against United makes for happy viewing!

2002/03 Drew 2-2
    2003/04 Chelsea won 1-0
    2004/05 Chelsea won 1-0
    2005/06 Chelsea won 3-0
    2006/07 Drew 0-0
    2007/08 Chelsea won 2-1
    2008/09 Drew 1-1
    2009/10 Chelsea won 1-0

About time for a utd win then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

About time for a utd win then!

Wont happen IMO, Chelsea will win this one. I think ots going to be a rather boring game anyway but we will win by the odd goal.

Tomorrow nights the night lads, Torres will get his first goal, I can feel it, and we're going to win.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Hope you are right but I don't think hes anywhere near as sharp as he needs to be to score against Utd. Just looks so off the pace compared to his peak.
    gavredking wrote: »
    Tomorrow nights the night lads, Torres will get his first goal, I can feel it, and we're going to win.:cool:

bullpost wrote: »
    Hope you are right but I don't think hes anywhere near as sharp as he needs to be to score against Utd. Just looks so off the pace compared to his peak.

I disagree, he is just hitting form, last 2 games he has been really good although he did not score. He is working hard, finding and creating opertunities and starting to link really well with anelka. He is a big game player and I expect him to be up for this one, I think he will score. Also having luiz for this game is huge, we need pace at the back to deal with hernandez and luiz must be the quickest we have.

Surely we have to continue the formation fom copenhagen with drogs on the bench. Torres and anelka has a real balence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Would agree that we should persist with Torres/Anelka . Drogba also represents a pretty good alternative to spring off the bench if needed.
    MUSEIST wrote: »
    I disagree, he is just hitting form, last 2 games he has been really good although he did not score. He is working hard, finding and creating opertunities and starting to link really well with anelka. He is a big game player and I expect him to be up for this one, I think he will score. Also having luiz for this game is huge, we need pace at the back to deal with hernandez and luiz must be the quickest we have.

Surely we have to continue the formation fom copenhagen with drogs on the bench. Torres and anelka has a real balence.

Drogba will be gone in the summer I'd say, it will be a sad day when he leaves the club, A Chelsea legend.

Drogba will be gone in the summer I'd say, it will be a sad day when he leaves the club, A Chelsea legend.

He is a legend at this stage, and I do think he will leave in the Summer, I just hope its on good terms.

Our game at Old Trafford last season is on Chelsea TV now, I forgot how good we were in that first half!

I am actually optimistic about our chances later today. But like always chelsea will probably punish me severely for this optimism.

Oh life as a chelsea fan is a roller coaster this season:rolleyes:

Countdown is on for 7:45PM. I cant wait too get out of work and in front of the T.V. tonight. Going have a few buddies over, mostly Man Utd and 'Pool fans so hopefully we come out on top for this.

I standby my Chelsea to win prediction, Utd arent playing well away from home and at times, we arent playing well at all but I just feel a victory here.

Good omen is good....I got post of the day :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70912290&postcount=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

todays game is really going to depend on how badly these players want it, we have a team well capable of beating utd, ive no doubt about that, however if they dont turn up at the races then I fear for us, anything less than a win is useless to us and the race for the top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Jack Cork told he can leave the club.

Does anyone have a Kalou (see what I did there) what the team for the night is lads?
    Hope its not too different from the last outing.
    If Lampard isn't at the races tonight, I would rather see Josh get the nod.I reckon he could pick a killer pass to Torres or Anelka up front.
    Ideally:
    Cech
    Ivanovic--Luiz--Terry--Cole
    Ramires--Essien--Lampard--Malouda
    ----Anelka
    Torres

I'm going for a 2-1 win for the Blues tonight, Anelka and Torres.

papagormo wrote: »
    Does anyone have a Kalou (see what I did there) what the team for the night is lads?
    If Lampard isn't at the races tonight, I would rather see Josh get the nod.I reckon he could pick a killer pass to Torres or Anelka up front.
    Ideally:
    Cech
    ----Anelka
    Torres

Im going for a 2 - 0 blues win anyway.

Change Bosingwa in your team and I think that will be the starting 11.

papagormo wrote: »
    Ideally:
    Cech
    ----Anelka
    Torres

Yeah I hope its that team too and that formation. I hope he does not try to pair drogs and torres again, it won't work imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Spot on Papagormo ..... Cant wait for this. For some reason I'm very optimistic!! Think we can do this with a couple to spare!! 3-1.
    Cant wait to see Sideshow again. Lets beat these and then hope Sunderland can beat Arsenal at the weekend!!

Well whoever he is he's dressed up like a cowboy so yeah, he's probably playing something, Cowboys and Indians maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Great result for us !!!

• Advertisement

So happy!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement