Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat exams and Masters application

Options
  • 01-07-2010 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all

My daughter has to resit one exam from her FY exams, we have already applied and paid for her masters course and my question is ( as I cant seem to get a straight one from her!) is it feasible that she can resit the exam she failed, pass it we hope and still graduate this year and go on to do her masters if accepted this year?

Hope someone can put my mind at rest!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Hi all

My daughter has to resit one exam from her FY exams, we have already applied and paid for her masters course and my question is ( as I cant seem to get a straight one from her!) is it feasible that she can resit the exam she failed, pass it we hope and still graduate this year and go on to do her masters if accepted this year?

Hope someone can put my mind at rest!

Hey,

I would say yes she can. She would sit her repeat in August, and get the results in early September as far as I know.
    If accepted to the Masters, it would be dependent on her passing all exams, and assuming that she passes the repeat exam then she would be able to start the masters in September as normal.
    Regarding her Graduation though, she would be graduating in January during the 5 weeks off, and not in August as far as I know.

Hopefully this helps ease your unease somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Inthedarkmom

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm in similar postion, with an I-Grade. I'd suggest you contact the Course Director of the Masters and the Post Grad Admissions office, they'll be able to confirm.

It shouldn't be a problem, most Course Directors understand these situations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Inthedarkmom

Thanks again I will do that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Last year I did not get my I grade result until the last few days of September, which meant for the first 4 weeks of college I could not register as a student of UL, which was kind of awkward given that I had no access to SULIS, email, or could not take books out from the library or log on to a computer. Having said that I was free to attend lectures and study in the library. Your daughter will be in the same situation, but it's only for the first 4 weeks.

Post edit: SULIS is an online student resource site that contains lecture notes etc. but in my case the lecturers were more than accommodating by emailing the notes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I'm in the same position also, two I-Grades to clear from Christmas exams. Supposedly starting MBS in first week of September, so as long as the grades are cleared, everything will be fine. Apparently anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It'll be fine, I'm sure they have people in this position every year.

Advertisement