Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bottecchia bikes - anyone got an opinion on them?

• 01-07-2010 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I'm looking around for a new bike around the €600 - €700 mark. Up until now I've been considering a Giant Defy 3.5 or a Specialized Allez 16 or 24. Someone mentioned Chain Driven Cycles in another thread yesterday, so I took a look. Their page lists Bottecchia only as far as I can see, but I did find this and this in my price range. What do you folks out there think of the specs? I don't know an awful lot about bikes and know absolutely nothing about any component manufacturers besides Shimano.

For convenience, let me place the specs here for quick reading. The second bike comes in three flavours, but the second two are out of my range.

RS 110 Xenon 20V Mix - €655.13
    Name: RS 110 Xenon 20V Mix
    Frame: alluminio 6061
    Fork: Carbon Alu 1-1/8
    Gear: Campagnolo Xenon 20v mix
    Chainwheel: BTC alu ct 34/50x170 option 39x53x170
    Brakes: BTC alu Team racing
    Wheels: Btc Racing pro
    Tyres: CST 700X23 black
    Handlebar: Racing alu HB 3035
    Stem: BTC alu forged
    Seat post: BTC alu
    Saddle: Bottecchia Eagle flow
    Pedals: Look Keo Easy
    Colours: black-white-gold black-white-blue
    Weight: 10,700 Kg. without pedals

RS 200 Duello Xenon 20V Mix - €753.55
    Name: RS 200 Duello Xenon 20V Mix
    Frame: Alluminio 7005 doppio spessore idroforming
    Fork: Carbon-alu 1-1/8
    Gear: Campagnolo Xenon 20v mix
    Chainwheel: BTC alu forged Ounce 34x50x170
    Brakes: Btc alu Team racing
    Wheels: Btc Racing pro
    Tyres: CST 700X23 black
    Handlebar: BTC alu wing shape
    Stem: BTC alu forged
    Seat post: BTC alu
    Saddle: Bottecchia Eagle flow
    Pedals: Look Keo Easy
    Colours: black+red+white white+black+green

RS220 Duello veloce 20v mix (Same as top spec with the following changes) - €841.79
    Name: RS220 Duello veloce 20v mix pixel.gif
    Gear: Campagnolo Veloce 20v mix

RS 230 Duello 105 Mix (Same as top spec with the following changes) - €936.72
    Name: RS 230 Duello 105 Mix
    Gear: Shimano 105 20v mix
    Weight: 9,700 Kg. without pedals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Looked around the Googles and it seems that there's mixed views on the brand. There's also a BottecchiaUSA which seems to be a recently purchased lapsed trademark. They're nice looking bikes, but it doesn't seem worth it for me to trek to Sligo to check them out. I may just stay in Dublin and look at an Allez.

Advertisement