Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Join Any Servers

Options
  • 01-07-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi, Im trying to play Multiplayer. but everytime i try to connect its telling me failed to connect. so i got to open some ports? im a eircom customer. the server list refreshes no problem. so I dont know whats happening.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Valdez wrote: »
    Hi, Im trying to play Multiplayer. but everytime i try to connect its telling me failed to connect. so i got to open some ports? im a eircom customer. the server list refreshes no problem. so I dont know whats happening.

What platform? If it's PC, did you get the update released yesterday, build 599232? You may also need to turn off the firewall on the Eircom supplied Netopia.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Guy you really need to give some info be4 peeps can help you..seriously. :rolleyes:

As was already asked by Beaufort T Justice above, what platform we on here? And have you ever been able to play online or did you just get the game?

Lastly........Have you the PC turned on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Sorry about that lads, Platform: PC. I just bought the game but have played battlefield before on older versions. I think I am up to date. Where do you see the build? on main screen? When I installed the game yesterday it updated but as i remember back in the day I use to download update off other site. is it still like that? do i need to download an update and manual install?

edit:
    just seen build, its out of date, where do I get new build?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sorry about that lads, Platform: PC. I just bought the game but have played battlefield before on older versions. I think I am up to date. Where do you see the build? on main screen? When I installed the game yesterday it updated but as i remember back in the day I use to download update off other site. is it still like that? do i need to download an update and manual install?

edit:
    just seen build, its out of date, where do I get new build?

The auto-updater should get the updates as soon as you start it? Are you starting it by bc2.exe or by bc2updater.exe?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Im starting by both. but nothing happening.

• Advertisement

Im starting by both. but nothing happening.

You may need to start the bc2updater.exe as admin. It'll also take some time to update, there's a gig of patches to get.

If all else fails, Dice have manual patching instructions here:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1202445-downloading-patch-manually.html

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I just bought the game
    In a shop, online, via Steam...?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Some Eircom players have had to adjust firewall settings before they were able to play.

Just search this forum for 'eircom' and you should find what you need.

To all the others....unlike other BF games you don't need a patched client to play multiplayer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

In case you didn't find the post I was referring to....

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64823553&postcount=116

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

My proxy settings in IE last night prevented the updater working until I turned it off.

Just in case you have a similar set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Valdez - if you can, add BC2updater.exe to your firewalls exception list.

Also, if you're running anti virus software, add it to its exception list too.

And finally, turn off your routers firewall (this can cause a lot of packet loss which may be affecting your connection to the game servers).

Always ensure the shortcut you're launching the game from is BC2updater.exe and ensure you're running it as administrator.

Advertisement