Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens Playground

Options
  • 01-07-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭

Need this in a hurry...doing a favour for a friend...
    Just wondering if any of you guys would have a spec for the rubberised finish that is generally applied to childrens playgrounds etc, have never had to draw/spec one up before & was wondering what is required for the sub layers? Any help would be great.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭rayjdav

http://www.kidmates.com/

This is just one of many at random I googled..

It appears that once the sub surface is level , they can be laid on it straight.
    Bloody expensive stuff by all accounts.
    This the type of info you require?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They're tiles and would be more expensive I imagine.

I assumed he was looking for an in-situ product

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Mellor wrote: »

I assumed he was looking for an in-situ product

Correct, and am struggling to find anything online... a tad frustrating, though i'll have another look online today.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 c123

Product you are looking for is called Wetpour.
    Goes onto a base of 804 compacted stone, then a layer of thicker rubber and then finer rubber granuales make up the top layer of it.Its poured down to an area with kerbs all around and then smoothed off.

Advertisement