Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

[COMPETITION] Win a VIP track day at Mondello in a Mazda MX-5 Race Car!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Q: If you could team up with one Irish person to race in the Mazda MX-5 with, who would it be and why?

It would have to be a clone of myself. The MX-5 would have perfect 50 50 weight distribution if someone the exact same weight as me was sitting in the passenger seat!

I'm off to professor Frink's lab bhay-gn-flay-vn :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Q: If you could team up with one Irish person to race in the Mazda MX-5 with, who would it be and why?

A: By Irish person, I presume it means literally anyone and not just somebody famous.

In this case I'd have to pick my Dad, he's given me enough throughout nearly 19 years and it'd be a good way to pay him back :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Judealan

Pope Benedict XVI just to see what swear words he has in his vocabulary.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

If you could team up with one Irish person to race in the Mazda MX-5 with, who would it be and why?

I would pick Father Dougal Maguire aka Ardal O'Hanlon, seems like a funny chap to drive at immense speed with, plus a good photo op

neonitrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Whoever Andy O'Brien is obviously got all his friends to vote for his car because he's in the lead and his design is sh:te! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i would love to have that turkey,( dustin? ) in my car while i drive.... in case i would get hungry...

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭johnp001

My daughter because she loves cars and would get a real thrill!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

I'd pick Tom Dunne.
    I think he is so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I know I probably would be able to recreate it in the mx5 BUT.......

I would pick Brian Cowen on the off chance that I could get to see him with his face similar to this

TopGearClarkson.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Id like to take Adam Carroll out in the passenger seat with me.
    Winner of the last A1 GP season he knows how to get around a track fast so I could learn a lot from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'd have Gary Moore, knocking out a wild solo as I ease the car around the track.

That's what driving an MX-5 is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

I'd bring Lightening, seeing as he can't enter the competition, but would be able to give me free instruction on my way around! And maybe even have a bit of pull to wangle an extra couple of laps for me! :D
    If he refused then I'd have to give Thelma Mansfield a call...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I like your thinking! Now all you have to do is to go and win the competition :)
    It sounds easy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

My ideal race partner would be Eamon Dunphy and I would ashim to re-enact the rant on Irish TV just after Roy Keane left Man Utd. Ohh how we could laugh.... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

oooh how i would love to win a couple hours in the mazda mx 5

and the irish person i would love to have sitting next to me would be my bestest buddy gracie from swords in dublin :)

she would love the thrill of it all and it would be such a different girly day out :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

I'd team up with Sean Quinn becuse he's good on either gravel or concrete even though he hasn't had a Goodyear . I'd be a bit worried about any corners with banks on them though but with me at the wheel Sean won't even see them !

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Twink, to see if i could make her spill her drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Subliminal Stimulus

My German other half, to hear her shout "Schnell, macht SCHNELL!" at me the whole way round :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

dak wrote: »

I'd team up with Sean Quinn becuse he's good on either gravel or concrete even though he hasn't had a Goodyear . I'd be a bit worried about any corners with banks on them though but with me at the wheel Sean won't even see them !

That's so terrible it might just qualify! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Insulting_Bitch

I'd bring one of the little b*stards who burned out an mx-5 outside my apartment last week so they could see the beauty they destroyed.

If they Gardai came when I called, it would still be fine albeit with a wrecked clutch but it would have been fixable.

Such a shame to see the fire brigade have to deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

A: Christie Moore, to see if that is the one thing that will make him keep his eyes open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'd pick Graham Norton because he would be heading 'Somewhere over the rainbow' and he'd give the eurovisions a run for their money.....and if he was rubbish at driving at least he'd make me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I would have to pick Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin. It does not really need an explanation but here we go...
    Smart, Sexy and has a degree in theoretical physics. Its bound to make for an interesting race.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Prob be Dan Collins.... Not a famous name.... but but BUT He came third in the Gt academy this yr for the playstation gran turismo event... and is a personal friend... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Dylan Moran. He'd keep me entertained during my laps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

It would have to be Martin King....to keep me up to date on the weather/track conditions. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

A: It would have to be this pretty blonde who was co driver for James May in the TSD Rally in Mallorca

040DDE05000005Dpg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

The stig. Just to see him go round in the international circut, in the mazda in under 2 mins..... and sure we all know he is really irish

the-stig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭draven3410

One of the make a wish foundation kids, cos they might never get the chance to be in a sports car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Roy Keane (of course). Cos he's a legend.

Advertisement