Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

[COMPETITION] Win a VIP track day at Mondello in a Mazda MX-5 Race Car!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dub6Kevin

The legendary Jimmy Magee.

It would mean that when I post the video of the lap on You Tube it would have a class commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

It would have to be Keith Barry, I would wear the blindfold and see how he likes it:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ilovemyusername

My lovely Mayo mammy :D ....she'd bring sandwiches:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'd have to go with Niall Quinn - the racing driver, not the footballer - as it'd be perfect having a fellow Dunboyne-r in the car with me :D

Or failing Niall, get Adam Carroll :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Derek Burke from Crystal Swing. It'd be fun to see him "huckle buck" out of that one. ;)

banner-norm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Q: If you could team up with one Irish person to race in the Mazda MX-5 with, who would it be and why?

A: My sisters boyfriend who is a mechanic for Dublin Bus and can drift them on ICE (back at the start of the year having buses going down the yard sideways) !!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Steve "the gaffer" Staunton just so I could leave him speachless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

Q: If you could team up with one Irish person to race in the Mazda MX-5 with, who would it be and why?

A: Louis Walsh , because i would like to try see him "judge" my amazing driving skills , im sure he would send me flying through to the next round :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fun

Paul Elliott, would like to see how I shape up in comparison/wipe the track with him

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

A: Gay Byrne. Show him that it is NOT just speed that kills

BUT because he has already been picked:

A: Michael O'Leary. I would charge him for having to pick his seat, then if he has any luggage in the boot, measure it, and tell him he is only allowed one item. Then, at the end of the lap, I would make sure that tune played, telling him we arrived on time (hopefully a little early :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Austin1

I would pick the late great Luke Kelly, because it would look like his head was on fire when we were screaming down the straight.........

CADVD0202___%20CADVD0202.jpg_full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

My choice would have to be Mary Harney. For ballast, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A: It would definitely have to be my other half - this way we could solve the perennial "who is the better driver?" debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭roroduff

I would want to drive with my twin brother, he is a great driver and I get nervous in the car so I would have to be in with someone I trust. I have been rally driving before but the instructer said I was the safest drive he had ever driving with, by safest I think he meant slowest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

erm ......yeah ok

Guinness_Truck-topshot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

A: My other half, i'm sick and tired of telling her that I would be a great racing driver, now I could actually show her! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hey folks, we've asked for a winner to be picked and as soon as they are and we get in touch, we'll let you know who's won!

Thanks

Darragh

Delighted to announce that the winner of this competition is redsteveireland for the entry below:
    It would have to be Keith Barry, I would wear the blindfold and see how he likes it:D.

The prize is a VIP track day at Mondello Park’s Motor Racing School

However, Mazda also saw the entry below...
    dudara wrote: »

A: It would definitely have to be my other half - this way we could solve the perennial "who is the better driver?" debate.

and said...
    we'd like to add extra prize of driving in Mondello to dudara on the condition they bring their better half down to Mondello, photographs the day and honestly admits on Boards who is the better driver at the end of the days after they are timed.

So the challenge is on!! Congratulations to you both!

Thanks to all who entered the competition and a special thanks to Mazda (Facebook here) and their PR team, as well as Mondello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Erm... the website says there's 3 days left to enter...

steve06 wrote: »
    Erm... the website says there's 3 days left to enter...

Heya, that's the main competition - we had a Boards.ie specific competition and that's the one I'm announcing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Oh right

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

we'd like to add extra prize of driving in Mondello to dudara on the condition they bring their better half down to Mondello, photographs the day and honestly admits on Boards who is the better driver at the end of the days after they are timed.

LOL :)

What a funny way to win a prize! The battle is on now.

Thanks to Boards and Mazda for this prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Thanks boards and Mazda. Can't wait to tear around the track!:D
    And well done dudara

Advertisement