Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jetstream moving south again?

Options
  • 01-07-2010 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi just looking at some model runs from the GFS and ECM and it seems the jetsream is moving back south over Ireland.

I suppose this means the end of the Irish summer?

Just another question , was the movment south of the jetsream south about three years ago anything to do with sudden global cooling due to the la nina , i ask beacause it seems the last few months of it going north could have something to do with the global temperature spike from el nino.

With la nina setting in and global temps starting to fall in response , will the jetsream move south and ruin our summer?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Dont't tell us that i wanted another arctic winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 CJWRC94

owenc wrote: »
    Dont't tell us that i wanted another arctic winter.

The jetsream being south of ireland was part of the cause of last winter , so surely a good sign?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

CJWRC94 wrote: »
    The jetsream being south of ireland was part of the cause of last winter , so surely a good sign?

Yes but it will stop ontop of here.

Advertisement