Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deal on nice beds

Options
  • 01-07-2010 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get a nice comfotable bed. Dont really have a price range, if its a good deal then I'll go for it

I found this http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055708962&highlight=beds using search which looks good, but I have no easy way to get to Longford

Any recommendations for places in Dublin?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

well i did an extensive search and for comfort etc ikea's beds were the best, got what i perceived as similar quality for €400 that would have cost €1000+ in most other places. Putting it together wasnt the nicest though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Do you live in the south, I know of an excellent place in Bray where quality pocket sprung beds go for 2-3 times less then you would get in Harvey Norman and the likes. I got 2 double beds, both pocket sprung, divans, for €300 and €350, really comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Thunderlips

Cian A wrote: »
    Do you live in the south, I know of an excellent place in Bray where quality pocket sprung beds go for 2-3 times less then you would get in Harvey Norman and the likes. I got 2 double beds, both pocket sprung, divans, for €300 and €350, really comfy.

Any chance you can inform us as to the name of this shop? or even pm me?
    cheers:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭dogeyknees

Went looking myself last year and Ikea have good prices but the mattresses are crap. I found a great place in Newbridge called Michael Murphy and it was the best after we looked all over the place (spent 4 weekends looking)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Thunderlips

dogeyknees wrote: »
    Went looking myself last year and Ikea have good prices but the mattresses are crap. I found a great place in Newbridge called Michael Murphy and it was the best after we looked all over the place (spent 4 weekends looking)

the old man is down in newbridge today and he was asking about Michael Murphy, is it good? do they have good deals??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭dogeyknees

the old man is down in newbridge today and he was asking about Michael Murphy, is it good? do they have good deals??

I found them brilliant - got a gorgeous walnut Superking bed, 1000 pocket sprung mattress with memory foam, 2 x walnut beside lockers & walnut chest of drawers, all for €1100. The bed and furniture are amazing and when we were looking about similar beds they were costing €600 for the frame, and the mattresses were around €800 - €1000. The staff were very nice and they came out and delivered and put the bed together. I don't know what they have on offer at the moment but they are worth a visit (plus they are open to a bit of bargaining!)

Advertisement